Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,770 members, 7,806,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? (58260 Views)

D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity / D`banj & Don Jazzy : Who Is Winning? / D'banj Vs P'square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by dammytosh: 9:57am On Oct 25, 2014
pendulumdarky:

I am dropping this note for the haters who are about to start bashing d'banj.You guys claim don jazzy has been doing well but the weird moment you realize don jazzy and the whole mavin crew only did 1 major concert in the last 2 years, had mtn endorsement which was shared among the whole mavins and had a cheap loya milk endorsement while d'banj on the other hand.

1)Re-signed a bettr deal with Globacom
2)He became ONE campaign ambassador and was on the same stage with president of world bank
3)He won world music awards
4)His song"Top of the world was the AFCON theme" and was performed at the AFCON 2013 closing ceremony held in South Africa.
5)He also performed at the Hackney Weekend to celebrate the 2012 Summer Olympics, which was headlined by Jay-Z and Rihanna
6)He was also selected as the Ambassador of Bank of Industry
7)He was signed to Mercury Records
coolHe became the ambassador for BEATS by dre
9)His song "Bother you" was the official sound track of half of the yellow sun movie
10)He also went into partnership with Sony Music Entertainment
11)He also headlined Hennessy Artestry 2013 alone. which also gave him the opportunity to travel to france to make his own brand of hennesy(Legendary)
12)In that 2 years his hit song was all over European charts.

If i am not mistaken, no artist in Nigeria has been able to achieve this feet of success in just 2 years.Open your eyes well and see who the real boss is.I think Don jazzy should just go back and beg d'banj because when tiwa leaves mavins then he will blame himself..Don jazzy is still pretty much doing the same thing he has been doing all this while,and you guys call that progress!!!! D'banj is the real meaning of progress here to me.I am sure don jazzy has gone down financially a bit because d'banj is the main artist who brought many deals and endorsements during mohits era. Tiwa didn't even sign a full contract with mavin so maybe don jazzy is only getting 20% from whatever tiwa makes.

I will also advice the new mavin kids to leave before they end up like wande,because i remember he never had a house or a big car or made any progress but thank God he later grabbed an endorsement after he left.The mavin kids can just start working alone and make it like davido,oritse femi, patoranking and so on..Because if they do not leave, Don jazzy will only use them like he used wande.

I am sure the top firms & companies in Nigeria would have seen his speech on TEDxWBG. And people will keep wondering why they keep choosing D'banj as their brand ambassador. The guy get packaging no be small.. HE IS A LIVING LEGEND!

Nnuff said
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by strangest(m): 9:58am On Oct 25, 2014
dammytosh:

Use your brain and read history.

Dbanj and Don jay had a symbiotic relationship and when it was time to move on, face ur lean purse and let them be.

If you were using your brain, you should have known that your brother is no longer doing music and slowly going into extinction...

3 Likes

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by dammytosh: 10:03am On Oct 25, 2014
strangest:

grin
If you were using your brain, you should have known that your brother is no longer doing music and slowly going into extinction...

He is going into extiction and getting more endorsement on and off music. grin that he is not sharing recharge card on twitter or saying u should send ur account no on facebook does not make him go extinct.

Guess he left the local scene for Don Jazzy, Olamide, Wiz kids and their likes for international glory.

Only if you will achieve 1/10th of what he will achieve in extinction mode.
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by mcino: 10:41am On Oct 25, 2014
rahazaqa:
Crap,with this type of brain of yours,im sure u ar a pure nigga. JJC for example,wey no invest when doing music just like don j,shey u see his life as he dey beg for money around now. Same will apply to Don j soon. keep watching. Did u hear he is going broke? No big deal since dbanj left.
After consulting my constituency and the stakeholders of my great party, I have decided not to respond to this
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by jbaby265(f): 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
Akbee:
its dbanj!don jazzy is yet to go places like his former label mate..he is stl much of a local champion than a go getcha/hustler while dbanj has left his comfort zones to compete with others.he has achieved much in the area of agriculture with his koko garri project n he just got an endorsement deal with dr dre's beat company..like the op ealier state,he is now on the lips of virtually everybody.although,he is yet to gain much ground musically.all he nds to do is to reinvent his styles..
its obvious sum dude wud say dat it was don jazzy who took dbanj outta d dust..but one thing is crystal clear:no oda person has rli benefited immensely from dbanj's talent dan don jazzy.Much of the connections he got bak in the days came from dbanj.

well said..infact dbanj made don jazzy popular to me..before now i never knew who don jazzy was..untill i started hearing dbanj calling his name in each of his song..i will alwaz hear don jazzy ke..

1 Like

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2014
strangest:

Ask yourself this questions...
Where is koko mobile today? Has it ever occurred to you that koko mobile was in Nigeria before Tecno, nowadays new products like injoo, gionee has also entered the market? Have you seen anyone using koko mobile?
Have you seen koko garri in the market?
Where is koko lounge today?
https://www.nairaland.com/1152466/dbanj-gives-up-koko-lounge

His outside image is now like," you remember that Nigerian Artist that sang Oliver Twist"?

He is still living the life of the hype that came from Oliver Twist

You guys should stop over hyping this guy and instead support him to swallow his vomit and beg the Don J to rake him back.
Just STFU,we are saying he gets more deal and getting richer than Loya milk seller.
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by strangest(m): 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2014
rahazaqa:
Just STFU,we are saying he gets more deal and getting richer than Loya milk seller.

STFU? Bros theres no need to be angry... Is there anything wrong with selling milk? Oh! I guess you don't know PSquare now sells Olympic milk, so what's the deal?

2 Likes

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 25, 2014
strangest:

STFU? Bros theres no need to be angry... Is there anything wrong with selling milk? Oh! I guess you don't know PSquare now sells Olympic milk, so what's the deal?
im sorry for that. Milk? lol. U wanna compare that to Big local and international deals dbanj sign every month.
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by Otamayomi1(f): 11:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
unitysheart:

I agree completely with you!
[color=#990000][/color]
yea, u'r right.
On top of d world is d best so far.
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by arthurflex(m): 6:48am On Oct 26, 2014
Gameup:

Well said

All I see here are freaking d'banj fans, the truth is that when they both split into two we expected their challenge to be in the music scene but because one of them made the other what he is as a musician he couldn't establish himself as a SOLO artist, he wanted to be CEO like Don Jazzy with his useless Lee Family.

In conclusion, all his music plans and label was null and void while Don Jazzy was Flourishing with better talents, the other diverted to business to establish himself.
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 11:05am On Oct 26, 2014
dammytosh:

Nnuff said
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by dammytosh: 11:51am On Oct 26, 2014
arthurflex:

All I see here are freaking d'banj fans, the truth is that when they both split into two we expected their challenge to be in the music scene but because one of them made the other what he is as a musician he couldn't establish himself as a SOLO artist, he wanted to be CEO like Don Jazzy with his useless Lee Family.

In conclusion, all his music plans and label was null and void while Don Jazzy was Flourishing with better talents, the other diverted to business to establish himself.

Dbanj started a movement that made all AFRICAN PRESIDENTS signed to commit 1/10th of their annual Budget to Agriculture.

With time, It will be extremely rude to compare DBank with Don Jazzy.

Mark my words today.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by Clintosman(m): 12:39pm On Oct 30, 2014
D'banj- African ambassador for Beats by Dre.
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by Kellygold(f): 5:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
Don Jazzy makes good music, D Banj makes good money.

1 Like

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by veeevian(f): 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
emedy:
In my less than humble Opinion... D'banj. This fellow has broken off the conventional Nigerian Musicians. Though his Music Career may not really flourish here,i see D'banj as one of the few that will Remain wealthy after his Tandem. He has really Diversified. Cheers to him.
I totally concur wit u mr..if I were to jugde base on entrepreneur I give it to d-banj but base on music I give it to don-jazzy
Bt all dsame I tink they are both doing grt
I'm new here though!
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by Nobody: 2:39am On Nov 05, 2014
taiyejoel:

even with d grammatical blunder...smh

Teewhy, voting don start ooo... How you dey nah?
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by mcino: 10:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
rahazaqa:
Crap,with this type of brain of yours,im sure u ar a pure nigga. JJC for example,wey no invest when doing music just like don j,shey u see his life as he dey beg for money around now. Same will apply to Don j soon. keep watching. Did u hear he is going broke? No big deal since dbanj left.

Who has written crap now? Between Don Jazzy and D Banj, who is begging and owing? I decided not to reply you, when I saw that your reference to the "nigga" rubbish, but the current happening made me to change my mind and shame you. calling me a pure nigga is a confirmation of the class of society where you belong
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 5:50am On Nov 29, 2014
mcino:

Who has written crap now? Between Don Jazzy and D Banj, who is begging and owing? I decided not to reply you, when I saw that your reference to the "nigga" rubbish, but the current happening made me to change my mind and shame you. calling me a pure nigga is a confirmation of the class of society where you belong
Young man forget all this social media stunt we all knw say na lie. Dbanj is about to lauch a mercedes benz machine watchout. Don belif all yo see on social media. Shey dem say dbanj na illuminati, shey dem say him dey date tonto e.t.c. Dont get fooled again dbanj is blessed, no amount of negative words can bring him down

1 Like

Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 29, 2014
mcino:

lol! you are really jobless. dbanj owing does not mean he is broke,and as far as the stuff is concerned,i haven't believe it. Dbanj is the biggest thing right now in the industry. His Dre Earphone will be launched next month, u and ur don jazzy should stick to your peak milk or loya ni.
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 29, 2014
OLUWOLEYINKA:
Young man forget all this social media stunt we all knw say na lie. Dbanj is about to lauch a mercedes benz machine watchout. Don belif all yo see on social media. Shey dem say dbanj na illuminati, shey dem say him dey date tonto e.t.c. Dont get fooled again dbanj is blessed, no amount of negative words can bring him down
no mind him.
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by mcino: 10:45pm On Nov 29, 2014
rahazaqa:
lol! you are really jobless. dbanj owing does not mean he is broke,and as far as the stuff is concerned,i haven't believe it. Dbanj is the biggest thing right now in the industry. His Dre Earphone will be launched next month, u and ur don jazzy should stick to your peak milk or loya ni.
You have spent approximately 17 days of your life on nairaland alone and you have the gut to call me jobless? You are indeed pathetic
Re: D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? by mcino: 10:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
OLUWOLEYINKA:
What else do I call this if not consolation. Do you recall how much unserviced debt he is being dragged to court for? He is broke. I don't deal with speculations, but facts. Till he buys the Mercedes, it remains a rumour.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Picture Of Ini Edo And Her Younger Brother / Esther Agunbiade Strikes A Pose In Skimpy Dress / Mohbad’s Spirit Strong, I Can’t Sleep – Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.