Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv (26780 Views)

Rewrite Your CV (FREE GMAT Available) / 5 Things Recruiters Want To See On Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 12:14pm On Oct 27, 2014
tracybee:

Thanks a lot much appreciated smiley

You are much welcome ma'am. smiley
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by ayuslennox: 12:51pm On Oct 27, 2014
Sir please. when a recruiter only said " send your CV" to a provided email, should one just attach the CV without writing any thing further in the email or what is expected from me?

My email too: talk2ayo247@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by ayuslennox: 12:53pm On Oct 27, 2014
insidifyguru:

Thank you for your comments.
Firstly,it is assumed that it is in applying for a job position that you are sending the mail containing your CV. Some companies would tell you what they require you to address your mail as,simply build on that in one paragraph in the mail you intend to send.

It is definitely not advisable to just scan your CV. In fact, refrain from scanning your CV. It should always be in the form of an attachment (either in MSWord or PDF formats) to better preserve the structure and contents therein.

Secondly,if you have no job experience relevant to the job position being applied for,you should try to get either a volunteer or internship experience relevant to the position. It is important to show to the potential employer that you are familiar in some way with what is required to get the job done.

I hope this helps. #Insidify
Sir please. when a recruiter only said " send your CV" to a provided email, should one just attach the CV without writing any thing further or what is expected from me?
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 1:09pm On Oct 27, 2014
ayuslennox:
Sir please. when a recruiter only said " send your CV" to a provided email, should one just attach the CV without writing any thing further or what is expected from me?

Really good question,thanks. What you need to do is to first make sure that your CV is saved on your laptop (or whatever device you wish to send it with) with your full name. Then when sending it,the subject of the mail should be the position you are applying for. You may decide to write a few lines,maybe about 3, stating your name again and referring to the text or email you got from the employer as your reason for sending.

Something like this:

"Good afternoon,this is in reference to your text (or mail) to send in my CV for the position of (state the position). My CV is here attached. I look forward to hearing from you even as I will check back via this medium tomorrow. Thank you."

Hope this helps. Cheers.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 1:11pm On Oct 27, 2014
ayuslennox:
Sir please. when a recruiter only said " send your CV" to a provided email, should one just attach the CV without writing any thing further in the email or what is expected from me?

My email too: talk2ayo247@gmail.com
Thanks

Please find in your email box. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by mikael3(m): 1:11pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hello sir, I need a copy too
tobiagbadaola070981@gmail.com
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 1:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
mikael3:
Hello sir, I need a copy too
tobiagbadaola070981@gmail.com

No worries. I just forwarded it to your email address. Thank you.

P.S: your email address is quite a mouthful though. smiley
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by dongilly(m): 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2014
insidifyguru:

Please find in your email. Thank you.
Thanks a million times. If evry1 in this our wicked world is like U guyz I dnt think pple wil b referring 2 it as a wicked world. 1Love!!!
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 3:46pm On Oct 27, 2014
dongilly:

Thanks a million times. If evry1 in this our wicked world is like U guyz I dnt think pple wil b referring 2 it as a wicked world. 1Love!!!

Lol. Thanks so much for your kind words. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by bashorundon(m): 3:47pm On Oct 27, 2014
Kindly help with a copy too. Thanks in advance.

saabdulsalam@yahoo.com
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 3:49pm On Oct 27, 2014
bashorundon:
Kindly help with a copy too. Thanks in advance.

saabdulsalam@yahoo.com

It has been forwarded to your email address sir. Thanks.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by bashorundon(m): 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2014
insidifyguru:

It has been forwarded to your email address sir. Thanks.
Thank you! I really do appreciate.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by mikael3(m): 4:59pm On Oct 27, 2014
insidifyguru:

No worries. I just forwarded it to your email address. Thank you.

P.S: your email address is quite a mouthful though. smiley
Thanks vry mch
P.S: dat my name
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by Maczeelly(m): 5:34pm On Oct 27, 2014
Pls send it 2me

Maczeelly@gmail.com
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 5:38pm On Oct 27, 2014
mikael3:

Thanks vry mch
P.S: dat my name

Oh? Ok then,no disrespect to your name. smiley
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 5:39pm On Oct 27, 2014
bashorundon:
Thank you! I really do appreciate.

You are much welcome.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 5:41pm On Oct 27, 2014
Maczeelly:
Pls send it 2me

Maczeelly@gmail.com

It has been forwarded to your email. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by mikael3(m): 5:45pm On Oct 27, 2014
insidifyguru:

Oh? Ok then,no disrespect to your name. smiley
Lolz...k bro..... tnx
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by bashorundon(m): 8:54pm On Oct 27, 2014
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by bashorundon(m): 8:56pm On Oct 27, 2014
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by Adele200(m): 8:56pm On Oct 27, 2014
I really appreciate ur selfless service to helping humanity.. Pls, i will like 2 get a sample CV.. My email is: applynow35@gmail.com. Tnx alot
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 9:08pm On Oct 27, 2014
Adele200:
I really appreciate ur selfless service to helping humanity.. Pls, i will like 2 get a sample CV.. My email is: applynow35@gmail.com. Tnx alot

Thank you so much for your kind words. Please find a copy of the sample CV + 2 other resources to further help you in the professional crafting of same.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by merrygorou(m): 10:19pm On Oct 27, 2014
insidifyguru:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Please find a copy of the sample CV + 2 other resources to further help you in the professional crafting of same.

Please I need the CV resources and a sample CV .My e-mail is sam_chukwu2001@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by emmdam(m): 10:58pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hello sir. Kindly send me a sample CV.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2014
merrygorou:

Please I need the CV resources and a sample CV .My e-mail is sam_chukwu2001@yahoo.com. Thanks

Please find in your inbox sir. Thanks.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 11:06pm On Oct 27, 2014
emmdam:
Hello sir. Kindly send me a sample CV. Thanks.....emmdamlaw@gmail.com

The resources have been forwarded to your inbox sir. Thanks.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by culcid(m): 5:41am On Oct 28, 2014
Pls forward to c.ezeobi@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by slimtee2: 7:43am On Oct 28, 2014
Pls help me out..... hardennyi@yahoo.com
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 9:14am On Oct 28, 2014
culcid:
Pls forward to c.ezeobi@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Please find in your email box. Thank you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 9:14am On Oct 28, 2014
slimtee2:
Pls help me out..... hardennyi@yahoo.com

The resources have been forwarded to your email box. Thanks.
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by hayaorbah: 10:14am On Oct 28, 2014
Pls I also need topsy4real7000@yahoo.com @op
Re: 5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv by insidifyguru: 10:29am On Oct 28, 2014
hayaorbah:
Pls I also need topsy4real7000@yahoo.com @op

The resources have been forwarded to you. Please find it in your mail. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion / Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice / Advice To Unemployed Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.