Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. (63542 Views)

See The Crazy Way This Guy Celebrated His Last Paper As A Graduate (photos) / What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University. / What Are The Things I Need As A Fresher In The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 26, 2014
ecoheight:
The best thing a fresher should do is learn the art of writing. I started a blog in my second year in the university and today, it helped me make a living from it. Instead of doing all the aforementioned trashy habits, you should rather learn how to build an online business and grow it to a sustainable level.
You are talking sense. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, but I guess what you mean is: try to get into the job market before getting through with skul.
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by butanep(m): 8:12am On Oct 26, 2014
Jemimahsummers:
You are talking sense. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, but I guess what you mean is: try to get into the job market before getting through with skul.
That was ur choice... Everyone can't be like you or do what you did... Those crazy things is what make being a fresher interesting.

1 Like

Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by mako007(m): 8:18am On Oct 26, 2014
Strongfaze:
Being a fresher, i jotted and copied more than 70% of my notes in retrogaphy. (writing english backwards it can be read using a mirror) so anyone sitting close to me and even my friends couldn't lend my notes to photocopy and it was not stolen too since I was the only that could read it. Trouble came one day when we submitted our notes but mine was not returned! I went to the lecturer to retrieve my notebook and he asked me if I was a cultist! The mirror writing brought me fame anywhere I went to because, to them it was a mysterious way of writing. *i laugh whenever I see the notes*
snap de notes , make we see.
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by Rapzino: 8:35am On Oct 26, 2014
I just concluded my registration on Friday, hmm lemme stay tune and learn o.
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by barlohmighty(m): 8:38am On Oct 26, 2014
May be wen i also get admission this year i will also share my exprience
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by Dreyl(m): 8:42am On Oct 26, 2014
butanep:
so how did it increase your GP?
lol...i had no problem with my GP because i was one of the best student in my department. smiley
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by Revolva(m): 9:13am On Oct 26, 2014
Always pimpin babes..n making cool okuba from it...and also...distributing mary jane...to them boiz....double cash...n keeping my hustle on...arranging ...parties bash...sometimes strip nite.....lol
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by butanep(m): 9:44am On Oct 26, 2014
Dreyl:
lol...i had no problem with my GP because i was one of the best student in my department. smiley
that is what everybody do say...
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by Dreyl(m): 9:58am On Oct 26, 2014
butanep:
that is what everybody do say...
ok thomas.
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 26, 2014
butanep:
That was ur choice... Everyone can't be like you or do what you did... Those crazy things is what make being a fresher interesting.
Dude, I'm all for being crazy. I'm also very much an undergrad. I just took the poster's words as a sort of advice. By the way, I said 'all work and no play' not 'all play and no work'.
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by Dolypson04(m): 10:40am On Oct 26, 2014
It was my first exam in FUNAAB (Then UNAAB)
As custom demands, we are to get exam pass presenting our school fees. Then I had lost mine, both original and photocopy. Without receipt, no exam pass, without exam pass no exam. I was scared and told my female friends about my plight. The only thing they said was that how could I be so careless.
I summon courage, picked my brother's receipt (diff college, dept and level ) & presented it with other documents to the secretary. You need to see how my heart beat was racing so fast. The secretary looked my documents up and gave me my pass then the receipt was returned. While going the woman just called me back "young man......pls tell the woman making photocopy downstairs to send my document.

1 Like

Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by DONADAMS(m): 11:18am On Oct 26, 2014
Very funny comments...as a fresher,mine was in 1st semester..dere was dis very beauriful gal I met in GNS class(1st lecture in d uni)nd we became frnds she always came 2me afta MTH classes 4 tutorials..I likd her buh wasn't able 2 tel her cos I tot It was too early(jst barely 2 weeks in d uni)nd a frnd in 300L den told me dat avin a gf den wuld make me nt concentrate..later I heard she was datin 1 guy..me nd d dude later bcame frnds..he den told me''omoh dat ur frnd(d gal) sabi giv oh''...chai! I wantd 2 die!cos I tot he luvd d gal oh..only if I culd turn bck time..na me 4 enjoy!anyways sha..all na past tense....less I 4gt..I also read lik dere was no 2moro..takin nescafe jst 2 do TDB..omoh..as I go house dm no recognise me...I lean die!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 26, 2014
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by butanep(m): 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2014
Dreyl:
ok thomas.
I hear you judas...

1 Like

Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by 5ky3(m): 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2014
gistmelove:

and dem go kill u for final year....

#lobatan

ur parent money waste grin grin
like solomon grundy

2 Likes

Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by komek(m): 1:09pm On Oct 26, 2014
sammer4life:
We use to have this prof..... late Prof Ikejiani..... She has this deep British accent , and as an ajakpako wey I be, my first lecture in UNN was her's. I was not understanding anything she was saying. So, I wasnt taking down notes. When she noticed, and insist everybody in her class must be writing, I no know d devil wey enter my hand, I started writing in capital letters.... Almost 4 pages in capital letters. When the guy wey siddon near me come notice am, I tell am say na so I was trained to write in sec. school. The whole of dat semester, my name was Capital Letters
Modified....... I knew this was heading to the FP. Now, I don hammer 80 likes.... Dedicating the likes to Real Madrid fans all over yhe globe

Guy, u be comedian I swear.

1 Like

Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by pweetixandy: 1:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
akinsadeez:
Hmmmm. fresher days. One crazy thing I know we did was running all the way from BLT to LT4. we always had one lecture in BLT at the end of which our next lecture was in LT4 which could only seat half of the class at once.
immediately the BLT lecture ended you would see 100 level students in a full blown sprint all the way from BLT down to LT4. If you were a spectator you go think sey na olympic event we dey do. All manner and styles of running. it was always a very funny site Cuz we were so many. Some other students often thought there was something bad happening and would have joined us in the race before realizing we were just trying to get a seat in anoda class.

Another thing was keeping of space. It was so rampant in 100 level. Imagine a guy getting to class, seating down and then distributing about 6 notes on empty seats to keep space for his Padis who were still in hostel.
There was a day I almost fought with a girl over that thing. We both entered a literature class at the same time and luckily there were just two empty seats left at the back. We both headed for the seats but she was in front of me. This girl sat on one of the seats, and just as I was about to sit on the remaining seat she quickly retrieved a note from her bag, and dropped on the empty seat telling me her friend is there.
Omo, I saw red. So I go come stand thru out because she placed one stupid book on the seat. As gentle as I am I almost resorted to blowing the girl Cuz she insisted that I should stand up. When the supposed friend came the issue worsened.

Chai... those days were fun sha grin
unilorin I suppose
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2014
doubleDx:
Fvcked my lecturer and her younger sister grin

hmm
M.o.g. ur. joking ryt?
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by komek(m): 2:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
Saraha1:

Jesus ! So you believe me? Ha!
Am done with school for that past Four years now.

Was just joking when I made my previous comment.

4years? And u still behave stupidly?.

You need help.
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by opsynea2j(m): 2:36pm On Oct 26, 2014
Yes , I went to a University ...FUTAkure precisely , got to akure with my mom and my big boxes to start registration stuffs and that very 1st weekend , my frnd and I went to ikere -ekiti to see some gals when I've not even completed my registration at school

Me and my same secondary school pal Knacked the hell outta akure dull babes wt ghana ceedes (posed as dollars )

Went to sit among MTS dept. Folks to write 100L 1st semester exams(PHY 101) @ futa big lt instead of going to my dept. @ obakekere ... A Mts lecturer drove me back to my dept. To come finish up my exam. Shame catch me ehnn. But I passed the course sha. Somebori shout halleluyah cheesy

Watch ds space for more wink
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by OjeriakhiVictor(m): 2:49pm On Oct 26, 2014
blakky97:

Cyril don graduate? Scholar
Cyril fit sti de dt sch o..
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by mike96(m): 3:00pm On Oct 26, 2014
Jemimahsummers:
plz can help me with some hints on how to create a blog.
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by Patoskid(m): 3:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
barlohmighty:
May be wen i also get admission this year i will also share my exprience
Guy lyk ai sabi u...up jogs??
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by Saraha1(f): 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
komek:

4years? And u still behave stupidly?.

You need help.

What have I done to warranty such insult from you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by SkinnyDude(m): 3:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
rocgirl:
Ah! Fresher things. gringringrin
(1) Initially, when I resumed for studies, while trying to adapt to my new environment at the time, I never knew we had shuttle buses operating inside the campus. As a results, I always went everywhere on bike, either when going for classes, restaurant, library or hostel, which made me spend nearly all of my pocket money in the first few weeks alone. Omo, by the time wey owu blow me finish; I boarded the school's #10 shuttle bus like no other and ate bread and beans like mad!
(2) How I miss my classmates! They were a combination of the good, bad and very ugly. It was a class where little things as erasers, HB Pencils, phone batteries, or #20 could suddenly go missing without prior notice. When my calculator and gala was stolen in the second week of resumption, I started writing my name on every page of my textbooks, handouts, eraser, and never took my first Blackberry Curve 2 to class..before the phone go evaporate!
(3) During the first semester of my fresher year, there was no day I dreaded more than Tuesdays. We always had two GNS lectures back to back on that day (English Language and Citizenship).
What's worse is that both lecturers had a habit of not giving out handouts, they'd rather dictate their lectures. You'll take notes for long hours guaranteed to make your handwriting go out of form. To compensate for the stress, I buy varieties of snacks and sweets to eat during lectures (buns, gala, chin-chin, biscuit, chocomilo, tom-tom, etc). gringringringrin
you must be a poly student. i am also in first year, first semester. and i offer use of english GNS101 and citizenship GNS111
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by Eddykisses(m): 3:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
[/color]
tellwisdom:
[color=#000099]Op you are a foolish boi angry...you don manage enter school now, u no let person hear word.
. Aboy u no jst well...oga don enter sch b say him don enter sch...e b lyk say u stil dey chase common entrance exam...see ur bad face lyk ore road
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by tojahh(m): 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
Chai! I practically went to school for the first 3 days without attending classes, the reason was because I no know where the block dey and I no wan ask make dem no call me JJC , I go jux go inside school, hold book for armpit dey form final year... Chai, na so 2 babes come ask me yeye kwesion o. "Pls bros where is accounting department block" I answer dem boldly "just go straight take first left, the building behind this one you're seeing that's the department". As I tok am finish, na run I run comot inside school, before dem come back come know say I jonse o. Lol na lata I know say that place na VC's block o. I no fit laff mysef that day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 26, 2014
benbuks:

hmm
M.o.g. ur. joking ryt?

LOL grin no jokes grin I was a little crazy back then....thank GOD, I'm a changed man today!
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by komek(m): 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2014
Saraha1:

What have I done to warranty such insult from you?

The only thing u did was that u did not use ur intelligence the right way.

Why were u unserious with a serious thread?
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by blaxx: 5:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
Lyn and pop
Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by missuniverse(f): 5:12pm On Oct 26, 2014
excessive photocopy (had lyk 11 copies of one paper,ended up using just 1)
buying every material a lecturer talks about,end up using 1
rush a registration said to end on a particular day,consequently spending more,following mistakes and all that...same registration ll be on several months after the stipulated date ...with students doing theirs comfortably without stress
being in d lecture hall as early as possible just to get a seat in d first roll
hanging around my class rep cos I believed class reps are the most intelligent.

1 Like

Re: What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. by Saraha1(f): 5:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
komek:

The only thing u did was that u did not use ur intelligence the right way.

Why were u unserious with a serious thread?

Ok sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENT CHATROOM. / Uniabuja 2010/2011 post ume result to be released soon / Meet Joy Jegede, The Youngest Lawyer In Africa, Her Age (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.