Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students (15096 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. / B.sc Ed Graduates And A B.sc Graduate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by Ehimenboy(m): 12:01am On Oct 31, 2014
sseunth:
in my own schl, we will ryt d report of d 6hrs practical within 24hrs
Is it too short? I don't think so.
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by Ehimenboy(m): 12:01am On Oct 31, 2014
sseunth:
in my own schl, we will ryt d report of d 6hrs practical within 24hrs
Is it too short? I don't think so. That simply being students, as I see it!
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by sseunth(m): 8:30pm On Oct 31, 2014
Ehimenboy:

Is it too short? I don't think so. That simply being students, as I see it!
but you know that body nobi firewood
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by babylahot(f): 8:31am On Nov 01, 2014
Life after sch is really good nd its worth it, u can work anywhere if u have a gud result, I graduated 5yrs ago (industrial chem) even b4 my nysc I got a job... So dere re job opportunities espercially for those dat stays around agbara (ogun state) or (onitsha)axis..goodluck bro
Ehimenboy:

Thanks for showing corncern. I actually asked 'how is it?' with respect to life after school. I'm already a student.

1 Like

Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 01, 2014
well...chemisry is beautifull, be it industrial,pure and applied,analitycal,organics,etc........chemistry is everywere...there is no industry or sector a chemist wont be needed.........as a graduate of industrial chem, i must tell you..i am proud
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 01, 2014
Wowwww and some peeps who know nothing about Chemistry will be saying things that don't exist.
I'm proud to be a Chemist!!!!
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 02, 2014
chemistry is life..........there is nothing without chemistry......
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 02, 2014
snowheart:
chemistry is life..........there is nothing without chemistry......
Very true!!! What is not chemistry..........................Virtually nothing
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by Ehimenboy(m): 7:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
babylahot:
Life after sch is really good nd its worth it, u can work anywhere if u have a gud result, I graduated 5yrs ago (industrial chem) even b4 my nysc I got a job... So dere re job opportunities espercially for those dat stays around agbara (ogun state) or (onitsha)axis..goodluck bro

Good to hear that.
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by csandy(f): 7:21pm On Jan 24, 2015
Is this thread closed?? Was so happy to have found a chemistry thread on NL
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by Ehimenboy(m): 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2015
csandy:
Is this thread closed?? Was so happy to have found a chemistry thread on NL
Hello. That's one thing I find quite disturbing about Chemistry, specifically on Nairaland.
Just check out Physics thread and see.
The thread is not closed. You and I could re-vitalize it, and then others could join too. Don't you think so?
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by Ehimenboy(m): 3:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hello Chemists. I almost got confused over this so I went online for answers. It could be of help to some persons.
Question: Which of the three types of radiations is the most dangerous?
Ans:"The degree to which each different type of radiation is most dangerous to the body depends on whether the source is outside or inside the body.
If the radioactive source is inside the body, perhaps after being swallowed or breathed in:
Alpha radiation is themost dangerousbecause it is easily absorbed by cells.
Beta and gamma radiation are not as dangerous because they are less likely to be absorbed by a cell and will usually just pass right through it.
If the radioactive source is outside the body:
Alpha radiation is not as dangerous because it is unlikely to reach living cells inside the body.
Beta and gamma radiation are themost dangerous sourcesbecause they can penetrate the skin and damage the cells inside.
Notice that these effects are opposites and make sure you get them the right way around." (from bbc.co.uk)

3 Likes

Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by csandy(f): 12:05am On Jan 27, 2015
Ehimenboy:

Hello. That's one thing I find quite disturbing about Chemistry, specifically on Nairaland.
Just check out Physics thread and see.
The thread is not closed. You and I could re-vitalize it, and then others could join too. Don't you think so?

yea... Am a 200 level chemistry student, still on d basics of chemistry n i was actually hoping to get somtin here.....BTW it seems all chemistry thread on Nl are closed
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by Ehimenboy(m): 4:43am On Jan 27, 2015
csandy:

yea... Am a 200 level chemistry student, still on d basics of chemistry n i was actually hoping to get somtin here.....BTW it seems all chemistry thread on Nl are closed
It seemed.... Fortunately, they aren't, really.
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by vikiross(f): 11:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
[quote author=ikeola6 post=27518465]Medicinal chemistry is an aspect I like and I will like to specialize there some day.

Medicinal chemistry and pharmaceutical
chemistry are disciplines at the intersection
of chemistry, especially synthetic organic
chemistry, and pharmacology and various
other biological specialties, where they are
involved with design , chemical synthesis
and development for market of
pharmaceutical agents, or bio-active
molecules ( drugs).
Compounds used as medicines are most
often organic compounds , which are often
divided into the broad classes of small
organic molecules (e.g., atorvastatin,
fluticasone , clopidogrel ) and
" biologics" (infliximab , erythropoietin,
insulin glargine), the latter of which are
most often medicinal preparations of
proteins (natural and recombinant
antibodies, hormones , etc.). Inorganic and
organometallic compounds are also useful
as drugs (e.g., lithium and platinum-based
agents such as lithium carbonate and cis-
platin .
In particular, medicinal chemistry in its
most common guise—focusing on small
organic molecules—encompasses synthetic
organic chemistry and aspects of natural
products and computational chemistry in
close combination with chemical biology,
enzymology and structural biology ,
together aiming at the discovery and
development of new therapeutic agents.
Practically speaking, it involves chemical
aspects of identification, and then
systematic, thorough synthetic alteration of
new chemical entities to make them
suitable for therapeutic use. It includes
synthetic and computational aspects of the
study of existing drugs and agents in
development in relation to their
bioactivities (biological activities and
properties), i.e., understanding their
structure-activity relationships (SAR).
Pharmaceutical chemistry is focused on
quality aspects of medicines and aims to
assure fitness for purpose of medicinal
products. [citation needed]
At the biological interface, medicinal
chemistry combines to form a set of highly
interdisciplinary sciences, setting its
organic, physical , and computational
emphases alongside biological areas such
as biochemistry, molecular biology ,
pharmacognosy and pharmacology ,
toxicology and veterinary and human
medicine; these, with project management ,
statistics , and pharmaceutical business
practices, systematically oversee altering
identified chemical agents such that after
pharmaceutical formulation, they are safe
and efficacious, and therefore suitable for
use in treatment of disease.
You have a lot of ideas,what about enviromental chemistry
Tnks
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by collins6381(m): 6:49pm On Feb 12, 2015
pls guys
can I use biology, physics & chemistry as jamb subject combination for pure/industrial chemistry?
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by Annysat(f): 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2015
collins6381:
pls guys
can I use biology, physics & chemistry as jamb subject combination for pure/industrial chemistry?
The combination are maths,eng,Phy & chem
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by Annysat(f): 8:17pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hi greatest chemists am in 200l in FUTA studying industrial chemistry.

2 Likes

Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by collins6381(m): 9:12pm On Feb 12, 2015
Annysat:

The combination are maths,eng,Phy & chem
meaning there is no hope for me.
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 12, 2015
Annysat...that was my dept
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by Ehimenboy(m): 9:40am On Feb 13, 2015
collins6381:
meaning there is no hope for me.
What do you mean by that? You didn't check the brochure before filling your form or what...?
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by Ehimenboy(m): 9:41am On Feb 13, 2015
Annysat:
Hi greatest chemists am in 200l in FUTA studying industrial chemistry.
You're much welcome.

1 Like

Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by TOMTOM15(m): 6:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
i just got addmission to study chemistry.i hope there is hope for us in terms of job opp?
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by Talius(m): 11:03pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hey guys, I'm happy to have finally. one across this thread. I've been searching forever for it. I'm studying pure and industrial chemistry in unizik about starting 300l and my IT will be next year around March, I'm searching for a good chemical lab in Lagos, Ikotun environ for the IT, if you have any idea help a brother out
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 28, 2015
Talius:
Hey guys, I'm happy to have finally. one across this thread. I've been searching forever for it. I'm studying pure and industrial chemistry in unizik about starting 300l and my IT will be next year around March, I'm searching for a good chemical lab in Lagos, Ikotun environ for the IT, if you have any idea help a brother out
We're in the same shoes bro, but according to what i heard for someone who has interest in research i was told that the Federal institute of industrial research Oshodi is an ideal place to learn
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by Talius(m): 5:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
ikeola6:
We're in the same shoes bro, but according to what i heard for someone who has interest in research i was told that the Federal institute of industrial research Oshodi is an ideal place to learn
Wow, thanks for the info bro. I appreciate
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by adamx23(m): 8:51pm On Sep 28, 2015
hi guys... am a chemistry student @ A.B.U zaria,almost done with my second semester 200level exams..its nice to finally come across a thread for chemist on nairaland...
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by Talius(m): 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2015
adamx23:
hi guys... am a chemistry student @ A.B.U zaria,almost done with my second semester 200level exams..its nice to finally come across a thread for chemist on nairaland...
you're welcome
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by akpanobong06: 9:24pm On Nov 25, 2015
please why are alkanes called parrafins
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by jaymejate: 8:14pm On Oct 07, 2016
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by jaymejate: 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2016
Waiting
Re: Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students by go4value(m): 11:15pm On Oct 08, 2016
]Life after sch is really good nd its worth it, u can work anywhere if u have a gud result, I graduated 5yrs ago (industrial chem) even b4 my nysc I got a job... So dere re job opportunities espercially for those dat stays around agbara (ogun state) or (onitsha)axis..goodluck bro

We live in Enugu, wifey read Industrial Chemistry.... Where can she apply for work in Onitsha axis...?
What professional qualifications can she go for n where.?
Which course do you recommend she go for MSc
BTW she came out with 2.1
Is there any way you can assist her....?
Cc:Nobody

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Help Your Boss With His Or Her Bag? / Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) / Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.