Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Why Do Nigerian Companies Request Teller Number As Proof Of Payment? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Nigerian Companies Request Teller Number As Proof Of Payment? (539 Views)

I Am A Fortune Teller. (qna) / Do Nigerian Girls/Ladies Buy Ebooks? / Enigma: Proof Of Don Jazzy's Illuminati Membership! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Companies Request Teller Number As Proof Of Payment? by chukwumanj(m): 3:12pm On Oct 24, 2014
I'm asking this question because on so many occasions I've had to deposit cash to the bank account of a company, especially in some cases where I request hosting services from some Nigerian Web hosting companies. They then direct me to send my name and teller number as text message to them. I normally do as requested but my question is.... Why exactly is the teller number requested? I have a corporate account as well and I've never seen where the bank sends me details of the teller number of the person who pays to my account. Isn't just the depositors name and credit alert enough to serve as proof that the payment has been made?

I don't know if I made this statement well but whoever understands clearly u will appreciate your comment, answers or your take on this.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Companies Request Teller Number As Proof Of Payment? by Abbey2sam(m): 3:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
Yeye question
Re: Why Do Nigerian Companies Request Teller Number As Proof Of Payment? by chukwumanj(m): 12:23am On Oct 25, 2014
Abbey2sam:
Yeye question
If you don't have an answer is it difficult to keep shut?

(1) (Reply)

Little Girl Can Name Most Presidents Around The World Can You / Complaint: MTN Nigeria Shortchanged And Stole From Me. / PUNCH Wins Newspaper Of The Year Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.