Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) (45064 Views)

Regina Askia Celebrates Daughter, Stephanie As She Turns 24 / Regina Askia’s Daughter, Stephanie, Smoking Cigar, Shows Off Sexy Bikini Body / Throwback Pictures Of Regina Askia And Her Pretty Daughter, Stephanie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by tolustx(m): 6:30pm On Oct 24, 2014
NgwaManNaija4LF:

Sacrifice for who?America? Some Nigerian no get sense,We have only one country on earth to sacrifice and that is Nigeria,anyone without this sense is an illigal immigrant in our land parading as a Naijarian.
the question is "where does she recide?" And the answer is "the states". So u dnt expect her to come to do dat in Nigeria. Plus dr r already more dan enuf nurses to do dat in Nigeria.
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
icemann:

Now i know you didn't read my post. Pay attention to details.

I read it. Maybe you need to pay attention. You said she would make 400k a year, using that rate @ 40 hrs/a week.

Read my post again.
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
EbolaParasite:

Why you dey fall hand like this. This is obviously not a salaried position. They will probably work on ebola cases a max of 2-4 hrs a day so where on earth did you get the annual salary. It is not a permanent position. Total remuneration may not even exceed 3000 dollars when they are done sef. Do you think ebola is now their full time job? Edit the error you put up there juh.

Thank you.

@ icemann
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by EbolaParasite: 6:34pm On Oct 24, 2014
icemann:

She is going to pay 40% as Tax (or maybe more depending on the state)

Calm down. Highest federal tax bracket is 39.6% in the U.S and you would have to earn 400k or more. Even if we combine state and federal taxes, she won't pay that much. Maybe 25%. This is not the UK nah.

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by icemann(m): 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
MissMeiya:

I read it. Maybe you need to pay attention. You said she would make 400k a year, using that rate @ 40 hrs/a week.

Read my post again.

You need to understand taxes are collected from an estimated annual pay first. so if you make $200 hr your taxes would be at the max first(39%) at every paycheck, then at the end of the year you do the deductions.

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
manny4life:

You don't pay that much in taxes? In what world do you live in? Different components make up your tax bracket which may end up being a good relief for you but to say you don't pay that much, please tell me what world you live in?

See below:

EbolaParasite:

Calm down. Highest federal tax bracket is 39.6% in the U.S and you would have to earn 400k or more. Even if we combine state and federal taxes, she won't pay that much. Maybe 25%. This is not the UK nah.

I also mentioned tax refunds. Maybe you can not be so confident about something you don't have intimate knowledge of?
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
MissMeiya:

LMFAO and how will Nigeria repay you for your sacrifice? You will just throw away your life for nothing.

Then go back to Ghana where you grand parents come from,true and real Nigerians will always sacrifice for this country,money or no money...ask those that have died fighting to make this country a better place, we don't need strangers pretending to come from here while illigal blood runs deep their vein.
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 24, 2014
icemann:

You need to understand taxes are collected from an estimated annual pay first. so if you make $200 hr your taxes would be at the max first(39%) at every paycheck, then at the end of the year you do the deductions.

Smh. I understand taxes perfectly. Go back and read.

Sigh.

MissMeiya:

I'm saying exactly what I said. She will not work at that rate for 8 hours every day for 5 days a week.
1. That's absurdly impractical.
2. She still has a regular job to do.
Let me further explain:
When you have a situation where you use a % increase for existing employees as an incentive for a task, it will be for a single day in a week, or an extra hour after work, and not all of them will work at the same time, meaning it will be irregular (every other/every two).
They did not replace her entire salary with a special rate. That would be a raise...
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 24, 2014
NgwaManNaija4LF:

Then go back to Ghana where you grand parents come from,true and real Nigerians will always sacrifice for this country,money or no money...ask those that have died fighting to make this country a better place, we don't need strangers pretending to come from here while illigal blood runs deep their vein.

Are you sure you're a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by EbolaParasite: 6:38pm On Oct 24, 2014
icemann:

[size=50pt]WRONG[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 6:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
MissMeiya:

Are you sure you're a Nigerian?

Does Ngwaland sound like Benin republic for you? olodo.
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by manny4life(m): 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
MissMeiya:

See below:

I also mentioned tax refunds. Maybe you can not be so confident about something you don't have intimate knowledge of?

Lmao... Intimate knowledge of? Look child, take a seat. If you understood the subject matter of taxation, then you will understand my statement which is VERY SIMPLE. You alluded that Americans do not pay high taxes because they get refunds and what not; a refund is NOT absolute. Your deductions and credits are simple components meant to bring down the taxable income, NOT the tax bracket .... Geez. I think you should assess your knowledge on the matter.

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2014
blemon44:
Beautiful woman with beautiful heart motivated by beautiful dollar

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2014
NgwaManNaija4LF:

Does Ngwaland sound like Benin republic for you? olodo.

I think olodo would be a more appropriate title who thinks dying needlessly, and thanklessly, in the name of Nigerian patriotism will accomplish anything.

But that's not my headache. Kill yourself if you like, I won't stop you.

2 Likes

Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by icemann(m): 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2014
EbolaParasite:

[size=50pt]WRONG[/size]

Oya tell me what is Correct/Wrong.
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
manny4life:

Lmao... Intimate knowledge of? Look child, take a seat. If you understood the subject matter of taxation, then you will understand my statement which is VERY SIMPLE. You alluded that Americans do not pay high taxes because they get refunds and what not; a refund is NOT absolute. Your deductions and credits are simple components meant to bring down the taxable income, NOT the tax bracket .... Geez. I think you should assess your knowledge on the matter.

You shifted the subject. I said I don't pay that much in taxes because I get a fat refund with the right deductions. When did I say anything to you about my tax bracket?

It looks like you want to look like you know something. No one asked you to quote me.

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by manny4life(m): 6:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
MissMeiya:

You shifted the subject. I said I don't pay that much in taxes because I get a fat refund with the right deductions. When did I say anything to you about my tax bracket?

It looks like you want to look like you know something. No one asked you to quote me.

Geez relex... Take a chill pill alright. cool

Btw, when next you say "Nigerians exaggerate about their taxes because they want to put off family member, remember that I am among many who are Nigerians.

Peace.
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
MissMeiya:

I think olodo would be a more appropriate title who thinks dying needlessly, and thanklessly, in the name of Nigerian patriotism will accomplish anything.

But that's not my headache. Kill yourself if you like, I won't stop you.

Go back to Ghana.
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by Lawalemi(m): 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2014
Just seeking to survive in foreign land. It's normal
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by sukkot: 6:52pm On Oct 24, 2014
nedu2000:
Cool cash!!nothing brave about it,they are gonna be given incentives. Many Nigerians are looking for such opportunity.
There's always something that'll kill a man
cool cash ? how much is your life worth ? 30 dollars an hour ?
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by icemann(m): 6:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
MissMeiya:

Smh. I understand taxes perfectly. Go back and read.

Sigh.

Like i didn't say it was temporary in my first post.
If you re looking for who to insult on Nairaland please go elsewhere.

BYE
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
icemann:

Like i didn't say it was temporary in my first post.
If you re looking for who to insult on Nairaland please go elsewhere.

BYE

*speaking slowly* You cannot use that rate to estimate a full time salary.

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by raymondinc(m): 6:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
I love determined people and Regina is no exceptional.
May the good lord see you through!
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 24, 2014
FlirtyKaren:
Former Nollywood actress, Regina Askia has joined the fight against Ebola in the United States.

The also former beauty queen who now works as a nurse in the US took to her Facebook page to announce the brave news. According to Regina, her initial job was to find volunteers that will work at the Ebola center. Her male colleagues accepted the offer at $200 - N32,000 per hour. But after none of her female colleagues agreed to join the men, she eventually had to volunteer. The nurses are currently undergoing Ebola trainings.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2014/10/nurse-regina-askia-volunteers-to-work.html
So how will this reduce the price of kerosene in the market?
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by piagetskinner(m): 7:00pm On Oct 24, 2014
lastpage:
I guess this is the difference between living within an environment of "acute poverty" (as you can read from the post of most people here) and living in an environment where such amount is not considered "extreme"!

The truth is: As an Ebola Nurse/Volunteer, you are putting your life (and what you stand for in your family on the line) and the American Govt knows this and is READY TO REMUNERATE YOU ADEQUATELY FOR IT. The more the danger involved, the more the pay. That is how it should work!

Contrast that to the Nigerian Govt where Money allocated for Ebola Management is cornered by the Minister to "BUY VEHICLES" like that is the biggest problem we have in an Ebola Epidemic (the "tribal bigots" can hammer me over this since "it is our brother that is involved" grin ),
Even those that showed up to Volunteer at the IDH Yaba where denied registration (as one article l read showed) just so that one "Oga at the Top" can chop the money meant to pay volunteers!

Dont blame her for not coming down here to volunteer, none of you, if you had the option, will pass-over $200/hour to come to volunteer in Nigeria where even money meant to procure Protective Equipment (PPE) is EMBEZZLED by public servants after-all, as our President said: LOOTING IS NOT STEALING! shocked shocked

Go figure!

Lastpage!
Bros u'v said it!...this country reeks of corruption*it was done secretly before, now it done with boldness and openly *smh
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by folahann(m): 7:01pm On Oct 24, 2014
Yeah the pay is good but it's a lot of risk. There will be very few volunteers if the pay isn't that much.
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by Okute4ike(m): 7:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
shocked undecided kiss :DChai c moni abeg show mi d way I go put in 50hrs a day if any
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by icemann(m): 7:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
EbolaParasite:

[size=50pt]WRONG[/size]

I am waiting for you and the person that gave you a like to give me a reason why it is wrong.

I cant understand when people don't even know what Effective tax rate and Marginal tax rate are commenting on tax issues.
When we get to complex stuff live EPS, EBIT, EAR, APR and discounted cash flow i wonder what dey would do.
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 24, 2014
Adesewa19:
$200 per hour shocked
That's massive! Even though it's a temporary thing

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by holysaint1(m): 7:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
bigass:
32000 Naira per hour for A Nurse!!!

8hrs is 256000 multiplied by 25days
equals 6.5million Naira a month

same tots runnin tru my mind rite nw... like seriousli shocked shocked shocked
Re: Regina Askia To Work At Ebola Center In US (She's A Nurse) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
oh well.
She is just trying to earn extra-dough for her family and so the highest bidder gets her service.
No big deal , and nothing special is being done here.
It doesn't concern us in Nigeria.
Definitely not front-page worthy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Recreates Tonto Dikeh's Pose With Son And Gifty's Bum-In-The-Air Pose / Victoria Kimani Steps Out In Sexy Transparent Outfit (Photos) / Who Is Hotter? Halle Berry Or Beyonce Knowles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.