Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG (27175 Views)

Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara / NYSC Online Registration: Complaint And Testimony / NYSC Online Registration: 10 Costly Mistakes To Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by kino: 10:55am On Oct 29, 2014
onegig:
Can you imagine the lies from pit of hell these people are pedlling? 800 million for a data centre Sidmach already has? What's so special about the registration they are doing. ? So building a website that connects to a database and implementing a paymemt processor cost as much as that?

These people must think everyone out there is just as dumb as them.

I agree with u. What a lie, a system like that cannot cost even 20m if u include the chua chua that will be shared. This man is lying through his f8xking back pipe.

1 Like

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by sapientia(m): 10:57am On Oct 29, 2014
800 million.. Did they buy a data centre in Germany or they bought a server... which web app costs that much sef..

1 Like

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by Orikinla(m): 10:58am On Oct 29, 2014
[size=18pt]The ogas at the top who are the major contractors making billions of naira from the NYSC scam will never allow it to be scrapped. [/size]

1 Like

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by dokunbam(m): 10:59am On Oct 29, 2014
naija pple!!!

naija govt~!!!

heeyy

see how pple dey chop money

800mill for website?

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

walahi this country is heading towards damnation

what is the way out

If NYSC can mismanage 800mill

What of president, ministers, governors? etc

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by richardoz(m): 10:59am On Oct 29, 2014
yokiti:
President Jonathan : 1 Billion Naira food in Aso rock.
Fayemi: 50 Million Naira bed in Ekiti Governor's lodge
Amaechi: I spent over 1 Billion Naira to fight Ebola in River state.
NYSC DG: 800 Million Naira for computer registration System.
All this money you are quoting; dairis God oooo.
For now, that is only what I can say.
Nigeria my country; what is the way forward?
I think the only way forward is to forcefully eject them out of Aso Rock like a virus-loaded flash!

1 Like

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by lancdoz: 11:02am On Oct 29, 2014
when my own alewee is nt even up to 19800 again. I get 19600 dis days
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by Wisdytech(m): 11:03am On Oct 29, 2014
Nigerian leaders has a trickish way of stealing our money unknowingly, but let me tell them not everyone is a FOOL! This is 21st century please. Be warned!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by richardoz(m): 11:03am On Oct 29, 2014
sapientia:
800 million.. Did they buy a data centre in Germany or they bought a server... which web app costs that much sef..
I wonder ooo! and when they present all those arumonje (false) documents to justify themselves even the smartest person will be confused and convinced!
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by ogaofficer(m): 11:07am On Oct 29, 2014
lightheart:
The kain wide-eye big big lies that are being blown these days ehnn!

Canvassing for both would have killed the economy, innit?
grin
dnt mind them. No be canvass na All star. Pdp gobmant na barao walai!!

2 Likes

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by armadeo(m): 11:07am On Oct 29, 2014
aniel1089:
I am not bother if they spent over 800 million naira on it,all I care is about the 500naira I just hope it is being paid to all serving corper and it start right from this month..

All the money spent in training you was wasted. It would have been better used to start a shoe maker trade for you.

If as a graduate your opinion concerns 500# daily irrespective if what happens then it really is finished.

3 Likes

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by MilitaryMinded(m): 11:15am On Oct 29, 2014
Abeg anybody got an idea if there would be a stream 2 this batch C and how long its gonna be?
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by okoro115: 11:19am On Oct 29, 2014
Na naija oo...nfn is nt possible in dis garri nation...remember bullet proof cars? private jets? Facebook page?....so dis na one of dem....i lov my country naija
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by yokiti: 11:24am On Oct 29, 2014
styless:

It's baffling why the original link was replaced with one talking about N500 feeding allowance. That questions the credibility of the story.
The former link was removed because its more of a soft sell weblink. The news details in your post is the same with the one on leadership web. it seems you want to promote the weblink that was replaced. Apologies.
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by Enyola(m): 11:28am On Oct 29, 2014
800Million to setup this shitty portal where you can't even find the link to print the call up letter? WOW! Why am I not getting this kinda job, why sidmach technologies.. na so this thiefs rob Yabatech when I was still a student in those years... shall we continue like this?

2 Likes

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by nenny(m): 11:33am On Oct 29, 2014
Classic situation when somebody from stone-age generation is trying to fool us people of the IT and Computer generation

1 Like

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by DrMuzungu(m): 11:34am On Oct 29, 2014
Well, they ate 777 million, and the rest was for the web site and, supposedly, infrastructure?! okay.
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by kuro2gud: 11:35am On Oct 29, 2014
Na only God go help dis country... A country whr any fckin soul can do anytin he likes and go wit it... I fear naija but i no run!!!
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by zubby29(m): 11:35am On Oct 29, 2014
styless:
The Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brigadier General Johnson Bamidele Olawumi, has appeared before a House of Representatives Committee on Public Petitions investigative public hearing to answer questions on the four thousand Naira online registration fee being paid by prospective corps members.

The NYSC was dragged to the House of Representatives by the Uzor Azubuike-led Say No Campaign civil society coalition which protested against the fee.

While responding to the petition, Olawumi, who alluded to the poor welfare of the corp members, disclosed that the federal government has approved N500 as feeding allowance for each corp member per day.

He also disclosed that over N800 million was required to setup the computer registration system the NYSC is presently using for its online registration.

He explained that the fees will service a private sector-driven build, operate and transfer agreement. He said the registration equipment will be installed at NYSC offices nationwide.

He said the process was approved by the Bureau of Public Procurement with a certificate of no objection.

While noting that the N4,000 for the online registration is voluntary, he said rather than request for money to install the infrastructure, he would prefer to canvass for increment of the current N19,800 allowance being paid to prospective Corp members.

In his presentation, Mr. Ezenwa Nwagwu of ‘Say No Campaign’ called for the “reversal of the proposed N4,000 fee payment and where payment has been made, a refund to the prospective Corp members.”

Nwagwu stressed the need to “re-examine the laws establishing the NYSC that seems to have made the Director General of the Corp an exclusive preserve of serving military officers.”

On September 30, federal lawmakers launched an inquest into the controversial N4,000 online registration fee and consequently urged NYSC to suspend the policy.

Hon. Hassan Saleh (Benue/PDP) in lead debates on a motion moved on the matter described the NYSC policy as “insensitive and exploitative”.

Read: www.leadership.ng/news/387950/fg-allocates-n500-daily-feeding-allowance-corp-members-nysc-dg
fresh air indeed
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by kccarew(f): 11:37am On Oct 29, 2014
The one that caught my attention is the increment of alawee, that will be great, but its still the same as returning the 4k used to register...it should be increased to 25k at least!
styless:
The Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brigadier General Johnson Bamidele Olawumi, has appeared before a House of Representatives Committee on Public Petitions investigative public hearing to answer questions on the four thousand Naira online registration fee being paid by prospective corps members.

The NYSC was dragged to the House of Representatives by the Uzor Azubuike-led Say No Campaign civil society coalition which protested against the fee.

While responding to the petition, Olawumi, who alluded to the poor welfare of the corp members, disclosed that the federal government has approved N500 as feeding allowance for each corp member per day.

He also disclosed that over N800 million was required to setup the computer registration system the NYSC is presently using for its online registration.

He explained that the fees will service a private sector-driven build, operate and transfer agreement. He said the registration equipment will be installed at NYSC offices nationwide.

He said the process was approved by the Bureau of Public Procurement with a certificate of no objection.

While noting that the N4,000 for the online registration is voluntary, he said rather than request for money to install the infrastructure, he would prefer to canvass for increment of the current N19,800 allowance being paid to prospective Corp members.

In his presentation, Mr. Ezenwa Nwagwu of ‘Say No Campaign’ called for the “reversal of the proposed N4,000 fee payment and where payment has been made, a refund to the prospective Corp members.”

Nwagwu stressed the need to “re-examine the laws establishing the NYSC that seems to have made the Director General of the Corp an exclusive preserve of serving military officers.”

On September 30, federal lawmakers launched an inquest into the controversial N4,000 online registration fee and consequently urged NYSC to suspend the policy.

Hon. Hassan Saleh (Benue/PDP) in lead debates on a motion moved on the matter described the NYSC policy as “insensitive and exploitative”.

Read: www.leadership.ng/news/387950/fg-allocates-n500-daily-feeding-allowance-corp-members-nysc-dg
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by akanspat: 11:42am On Oct 29, 2014
80million
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by Tmany(m): 11:47am On Oct 29, 2014
shocked 800 million for online registration system. jesu shocked
JAMB /WAEC online registration system will cost almost 10 Billion then.
they better continue their manual registration. OLES

1 Like

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by Olabinwonu(m): 11:51am On Oct 29, 2014
This is another avenue for making money for themselves, but milking the innocent nigerians, 800 million naira for just website and they will recover the money within a year
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by marksonteewhy: 11:53am On Oct 29, 2014
Flawlessview
My internet blog with latest local and international news, information, entertainment lifestye,celebrity news...
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2014
Chai
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by roufy235(m): 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2014
NYSC lying since 1999

1 Like

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by styless(f): 12:22pm On Oct 29, 2014
yokiti:

The former link was removed because its more of a soft sell weblink. The news details in your post is the same with the one on leadership web. it seems you want to promote the weblink that was replaced. Apologies.
www.ekekeee.com won Nigeria's Best Political Blog, 2012. It's a registered news site with full time reporters and line-editors.
I'm currently serving there so I know.
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by IYANGBALI: 12:23pm On Oct 29, 2014
pekeyim:
So I complained earlier but didn't know this would make FP.

NYSC camp is a "SHOKI" arena.
The Online scheme is flawed so many prospective Corps members are having issues.Plus there is no way on earth a simple website with a Database will cost 800 Million naira. Impossible!!! What kind of system will they install in offices nationwide if prospective corps members already registered this time without it!!!
the thing tire me o
Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by ola20ng(m): 12:25pm On Oct 29, 2014
they used only 1 million, then they multiplied it by 800 for sharing among themselves.

1 Like

Re: We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG by LEXYCOM: 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2014
oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

18 Tips You Should Know Before Leaving Home For CAMP!!! / NYSC Batch A Candidates, Have Call-up Letters Shown Up In Your School Yet? / Corps Member Gets Engaged On Her POP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.