Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Merrybet Punt For Pride III - Business (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Merrybet Punt For Pride III (161413 Views)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / MerryBet Punt For Pride IV / Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by Buddyy(m): 10:25am On Jan 27, 2015
juwoonn:
Televise ke? What promotion is greater than calling the winners to collect a check and televising the little show with some pics to use as postals... Nothing has been done wrong so far, except of course from merrybet's side...
You just spoke my mind...i fear sha, cause i trust NL boys! NL isnt the biggest forum in Nigeria for Nothing. &this is where merrybet decided to come &fall hand? lol
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by juwoonn(m): 10:26am On Jan 27, 2015
Buddyy:
the point is,,the prize money allocations were his idea...&if he knew he couldnt pay up, then why bother? e-war Loading...Shiit about to get real Nasty

Dat broke stingy ass is dirty, let him prove me wrong..I have always said this but I taught he has changed.
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by chimajii: 10:34am On Jan 27, 2015
juwoonn:

Akin Alabi will pay it within a second...nairabet na buje bu danu

Exactly..nairabet wud have been the best bet. Even if it was 50k alabi wud have contributed, it wud just have been okay. At least ppu wud have known exactly what they're working with and be sure that, winners wud get their reward for their effort.

1 Like

Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by chimajii: 10:44am On Jan 27, 2015
Buddyy:
the point is,,the prize money allocations were his idea...&if he knew he couldnt pay up, then why bother? e-war Loading...Shiit about to get real Nasty

May have been his idea...'Sweet Talk' says Hi to you.
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by Dygeasy(m): 10:57am On Jan 27, 2015
chimajii:
Let me laugh at them!! Kikikikikiki...Hear me and Hear me well, as I said before this tin u ppu call tourney kicked off. MerryBet will Never, I repeat, Will Never Pay U ppu that 1mill abi 1.5mill. Read my lips!!! U tink coughing out 1mill is easy. Ask urself. Even if they were. To all all the cash u all used for the tourney, it's not Up to 100k..am even being nice by saying 100. All u guys did was PROMOTE them for free.
And if at all they want to consider u guys, they probably 'out of pity' pay 10k. Yalls rant and mudslinging wud do nothing.
1. This wasn't televised? No ads,nothing for. Such Huge money at stake.
2. Did u ppu ever tink of putting this tin on paper? Chai.
U ppu lost out on both sides.
Nairabet wud have been the best bet. Yall wud have talked mr.alabi into at least doing something for onah.
Need I mention, why shud merry bet even help onah? When Longie abuse them from head reach ground.
Heheheheheh nnnnn *wat do I knw*
You know you cannot possibly be the smartest person on earth or the only one with a working head.

Let's say I'm dumb as Runner-Up, Afusat and Lowisz cannot be dumb together at the same time too.

Lemme give you a run-down of events since 20th December 2014 - the day PfP ended and the reasons for our silence.

Two days after the tourney ended, we got a mail from Merrybet through Akraym congratulating the winners and telling how he (Merrybet) has been following the competition. On the payment he asked how best the funds should be disbursed which we communicated unanimously to him through Akraym. He promised to consult with the boards of directors and get back to us.

Roughly 24hours later, he did and told us due to the festivities, they're looking at the first week in January 2015 before they'll pay cos they'd like us (the Winners) to come down to their office so they can publicise it on their website and other social media.

We chilled. The festivities went by. First week of January came and we got another email telling us about how they'd love us to meet the CEO who wasn't in the country at that moment and wouldn't be back until the following week not later than 16th of January.

In between those days, Afusat called them (their customer care) and merrybet even confirmed the call. They probably told him.

I called their Customer Care too days later. Lowisz did the same and all we got is we should be patient as they are working on it.

Again, we said no problem. 16th of January, we were told to be a little bit patient and he understands how we feel but he strongly wants everything to go without any hitch. He asked for our names as we would like them to appear on the Cheques and our personal phone numbers. He also told us they'd like us to come around the last week in January and we should send them a date convenient for us all. We unanimously agreed on 31st and we haven't gotten till now any mail confirming our invitation or declination to come to their office.

This is the last week of January.

Were we wrong to have been patient?

You guys said we've been too quiet. We can't keep coming here to relay the stories they kept telling us. You deserve to know the real action. Something like "Yaaay! We've been paid." We post pictures of us receiving the cheques and that's settled.

I don't know their game plan though, but I just thought I'd clear the air.

I'm angry about the whole ish nonetheless. sad angry embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by juwoonn(m): 11:10am On Jan 27, 2015
Dygeasy:
You know you cannot possibly be the smartest person on earth or the only one with a working head.

Let's say I'm dumb as Runner-Up, Afusat and Lowisz cannot be dumb together at the same time too.

Lemme give you a run-down of events since 20th December 2014 - the day PfP ended and the reasons for our silence.

Two days after the tourney ended, we got a mail from Merrybet through Akraym congratulating the winners and telling how he (Merrybet) has been following the competition. On the payment he asked how best the funds should be disbursed which we communicated unanimously to him through Akraym. He promised to consult with the boards of directors and get back to us.

Roughly 24hours later, he did and told us due to the festivities, they're looking at the first week in January 2015 before they'll pay cos they'd like us (the Winners) to come down to their office so they can publicise it on their website and other social media.

We chilled. The festivities went by. First week of January came and we got another email telling us about how they'd love us to meet the CEO who wasn't in the country at that moment and wouldn't be back until the following week not later than 16th of January.

In between those days, Afusat called them (their customer care) and merrybet even confirmed the call. They probably told him.

I called their Customer Care too days later. Lowisz did the same and all we got is we should be patient as they are working on it.

Again, we said no problem. 16th of January, we were told to be a little bit patient and he understands how we feel but he strongly wants everything to go without any hitch. He asked for our names as we would like them to appear on the Cheques and our personal phone numbers. He also told us they'd like us to come around the last week in January and we should send them a date convenient for us all. We unanimously agreed on 31st and we haven't gotten till now any mail confirming our invitation or declination to come to their office.

You guys said we've been too quiet. We can't keep coming here to relay the stories they kept telling us. You deserve to know the real action. Something like "Yaaay! We've been paid." We post pictures of us receiving the cheques and that's settled.

I'm angry about the whole ish nonetheless. sad angry embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry

1 Like

Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by chimajii: 11:12am On Jan 27, 2015
Dygeasy:

This is some power trip sized Mess! Eh..in ur heart of hearts, do u tink Merrybey can cough up 1million and give to the winner? Put a gun to my head, The answer wud be a BIG NO!
I tink their next excuse wud be, this is january, things are a bit difficult, we can't really fork ova that sum, pls be patient again. Before u knw it. It becomes a dead banana!
Anyways, untill I see / hear that the winner got the mullah, not some publicity prize winning tin. Then I may just see it for them.
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by dicksj93: 11:16am On Jan 27, 2015
Things looking dirty
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by lowisz: 11:16am On Jan 27, 2015
After all d stress , merrybet there is GOD oooooo, why make a promise , atleast we have been patient enough ,this aint fair at all .
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by chimajii: 11:16am On Jan 27, 2015
Here is a very strong perspective u all are falling to look into.
No company wud ever organise a promo tin, be it raffle, or whatever it is they're peddling. Without having a 'gain' or an outlet to recoup dia expenses. That been said, in relation to this situation
All the cash each and everyone of u used from the qualies to the last day. Do u tink it's up to 1million? Answer: Is NEVER.
When companies or firms or watever hold draws e.t.c, it's from the registration money they pay winners.
Merrybet is not some charity orgaination to go against. The tradition that obtains as regards raffles, draws,give aways.
If they do that, they'll be in major LOSS.
That Logic is Why They CAN NEVER PAY THE WINNER THAT SUM. Bookmark my words and take it to the BANK!!
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by Buddyy(m): 11:23am On Jan 27, 2015
chimajii:
No company wud ever organise a promo tin, be it raffle, or whatever it is they're peddling. Without having a 'gain' or an outlet to recoup dia expenses. That been said, in relation to this situation
All the cash each and everyone of u used from the qualies to the last day. Do u tink it's up to 1million? Answer: Is NEVER.
That Logic is Why They CAN NEVER PAY THE WINNER THAT SUM. Bookmark my words and take it to the BANK!!
U'r not totally correct...sometimes sponsorship does not equal monetary gains alone. We toiled for this because they promised to sponsor it. if they have money, this shouldnt be a problem, now i'm starting to think otherwise. Anyhow like the Runner-up(Geasy) said, Lets wait till 31st..before all hell is let loose cheesy cheesy
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by chimajii: 11:28am On Jan 27, 2015
Do not forget nairaland doesn't make up 1/10 of merrybets audience. Where exactly wud they get the cash to pay u guys? Even what u all staked combined from start to finish no reach 100k. Let me reitrate,nah out of pity dem fit even pay the winner reach 10k odawise..nnn lipsrsealed
Oan: Back to the sidelines to watch u guys slug it oUT wih them lipsrsealed
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by chimajii: 11:36am On Jan 27, 2015
Buddyy:
U'r not totally correct...sometimes sponsorship does not equal monetary gains alone. We toiled for this because they promised to sponsor it. if they have money, this shouldnt be a problem, now i'm starting to think otherwise. Anyhow like the Runner-up(Geasy) said, Lets wait till 31st..before all hell is let loose cheesy cheesy

Hahah..as much as sponsorship maybe out of free will..hear me and hear me clearly 1mill is too much to be doled out by betting company without them getting any returns, even alabi will not GIVE UP such. Shud he try to give away such, then the rules will be IRON CLAD, with lots of clauses littered around it. Massive promo will be made/done to reel/draw in ppu so that their entire audience Is aware.not to mention Are u guys dia highest stakers? Highest losers? Whether u ppu toiled or not is not RELEVANT.
Bottom line is. U ppu won't be paid 1mill or whatever the allocation of prizes were. If onah see reach 100k. Make onah than God
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by MrMann1(m): 12:12pm On Jan 27, 2015
juwoonn:

Dat broke stingy ass is dirty, let him prove me wrong..I have always said this but I taught he has changed.
I'm really disappointed with the way Akraym handled this scenario, He went offline for a long time, then suddenly he asked us to send our email and phone numbers to his email in order for us to get the merrybet top-up he promised, then he went offline again and came up with unreliable statements of pending it till merrybet pays the winner. Unfortunately it seems merrybet are finding it hard to pay these winners. I hope both Akraym and Merrybet solve this riddle.
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by juwoonn(m): 12:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
Bro...pls keep mute if you don't have a positive contribution.
I respect u
Thanks
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by juwoonn(m): 12:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
MrMann1:

I'm really disappointed with the way Akraym handled this scenario, He went offline for a long time, then suddenly he asked us to send our email and phone numbers to his email in order for us to get the merrybet top-up he promised, then he went offline again and came up with unreliable statements of pending it till merrybet pays the winner. Unfortunately it seems merrybet are finding it hard to pay these winners. I hope both Akraym and Merrybet solve this riddle.
Pls leave akraym out of this...how do u want the pfp winners to feel, if akraym start giving u guys topup. Do u think akraym can be happy with d way merrybet is behaving? Let merrybet pay first and u'll see dat akraym will settle u. Its not easy to coordinate pfp na...we sud even be the ones compensating akraym for a job well done. I just hope the winners will compensate him, if paid...bcs I don't see stingy merrybet giving d coordinators anything.
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by juwoonn(m): 12:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
chimajii:

Hahah..as much as sponsorship maybe out of free will..hear me and hear me clearly 1mill is too much to be doled out by betting company without them getting any returns, even alabi will not GIVE UP such. Shud he try to give away such, then the rules will be IRON CLAD, with lots of clauses littered around it. Massive promo will be made/done to reel/draw in ppu so that their entire audience Is aware.not to mention Are u guys dia highest stakers? Highest losers? Whether u ppu toiled or not is not RELEVANT.
Bottom line is. U ppu won't be paid 1mill or whatever the allocation of prizes were. If onah see reach 100k. Make onah than God
Bro...pls keep mute if you don't have a positive contribution.
I respect u
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by lowisz: 12:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
Merrybet pay us na , atleast we stake this game in ur site , u promise to sponsor , u fix the prize , even if u didn't gain, atleast u shud keep ur promise ,we have been patient atleast we don try
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by juwoonn(m): 12:39pm On Jan 27, 2015
MrMann1:

Well said... Akraym tried, I'm not disputing that, he was silent way too long though.
I understand u bro...

I guess he was waiting for merrybet, the whole time.

1 Like

Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by eppysold(m): 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
chimajii:

Let me just chip this in to set the record straight..
Akin alabi once gave out a million naira on his blogging website and i dont think he gained anything before he gave out the money and he actually didnt put up any stringent rule(s)
So therefore, dont even bring Akin alabi(nairabet) into this!
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by kelvic1(m): 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
juwoonn:

Akin Alabi will pay it within a second...nairabet na buje bu danu
smiley

1 Like

Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by eppysold(m): 1:31pm On Jan 27, 2015
i would implore the organisers and merrybet to look into this before it gets out of hand..
It is still fair to say it is within the confines of nairaland and this thread only, if this actually goes viral, then,maybe merrybet is a 'goner' already!

Disclaimer
There are mails sent by merrybet and even recorded phone calls to back this up...

1 Like

Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by eppysold(m): 1:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
chimajii:
When companies or firms or watever hold draws e.t.c, it's from the registration money they pay winners.
Merrybet is not some charity orgaination to go against. The tradition that obtains as regards raffles, draws,give aways.
If they do that, they'll be in major LOSS.
This thread has almost 30,000 views already and this means more popularity and new customers for them or am i missing something?
When you consider this and other logistics,then you might reconsider your stance...
Merrybet actually gained a lot from this!
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by chimajii: 2:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
eppysold:
This thread has almost 30,000 views already and this means more popularity and new customers for them or am i missing something?
When you consider this and other logistics,then you might reconsider your stance...
Merrybet actually gained a lot from this!

30k view doesn't necessarily translate into "New Customers"
Oan: am very much aware about what alabi did months ago as regards him giving away cash. Also remeber he did that for a totally different PURPOSE.
Lets hope u all get ur cash..*watching from the sidelines*
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by Yungmilio2(m): 2:38pm On Jan 27, 2015
chimajii:

30k view doesn't necessarily translate into "New Customers"
Oan: am very much aware about what alabi did months ago as regards him giving away cash. Also remeber he did that for a totally different PURPOSE.
Lets hope u all get ur cash..*watching from the sidelines*
This can lead to a bigger mess for merrybet if they don't pay
Power of Nairaland - can get to any blog, even hip TV cheesy, punch, twitter, Facebook, merrybetpredict forum, Nairabet forum, Akin alabi's blog
They might want to use it against merrybet
So merrybet , merrybetpredict should do something about this b4 February
Monsuru , Longfellow , abimbola , kelvic1, lagatumuch, teebouy, valbouy - show face
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by Yungmilio2(m): 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
Dygeasy:

[size=14pt] MERRYBET MERRYBET MERRYBET !!!
merybet , merrybetpredict come and say something about why the winners have not been paid,
IF MERRYBET CAN GIVE OUT 1MILLION NAIRA WEEKLY FROM MERRYBETPREDICT -
WHY WOULD 1.5MILLION NAIRA BE HARD for Them to pay ?? [/size]
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by neroflo: 2:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lol
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by Yungmilio2(m): 2:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
Photographer : dygeasy
Screen muncher : yungmilio2

Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by siegfried99(m): 3:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hmmmm..
Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by Yungmilio2(m): 3:08pm On Jan 27, 2015
All Hail Long baba

Re: Merrybet Punt For Pride III by Dygeasy(m): 3:16pm On Jan 27, 2015
LMAO

longfellow na baaastaard grin cheesy grin cheesy

I wonder what he'll say when he comes online. Damn! Best Bookie in our generation grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (116)

Loan Apps:: If You Are Owing Loan App Do This Now And Be Free / List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today / Free Pick For Football Matches. Happy Earnings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.