Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,360 members, 7,780,985 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:53 AM

How Can I Get Copywright Of Movies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How Can I Get Copywright Of Movies (1588 Views)

Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. / In Sex Scenes Of Movies(nollywood), Do They Really Have Sex? / Ghanian Delegates Visit Nigeria Over Ban Of Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get Copywright Of Movies by topudo(m): 7:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
I have always wonder about how I can get a copywright license to own a particular movie online. When you go through youtube and see some channel like IbakaTV,theOkinTV. All movies uploaded by this channel are copywright and no other channel can upload them. How can I get this type of license on Nollywood movies?
Re: How Can I Get Copywright Of Movies by topudo(m): 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2014
Nobody to answer?
Re: How Can I Get Copywright Of Movies by cinematainer(m): 9:39am On Oct 25, 2014
You get such copyrights like Ibaka's and Okin's buy acquiring such rights from the original copyright owner of the movie.
In all cases it's either the Producer of the movie, the marketer of the movie (who might have bought the movie) or a content sales manager who is a direct representative of the producer or the marketer.

You would need to acquire the SVOD/VOD/PPV rights depending on where you plan to stream the movie. If you want to have the online rights to yourself alone, it means you MUST acquire the Exclusive Online Distribution rights to the movie(s). You could as well acquire Non-exclusive online distribution rights to the movie(s) when you don't have the financial power to secure an exclusive online distribution rights to the movie

You could as well secure regional exclusive online rights to the movie(s) in cases where you have your own website specially designed for monetized content streaming purposes, but where you plan to use youtube as a platform regional rights is not possible.

I hope I have answered your question. Feel free to ask question if there are grey areas.

NB:

SVOD: Subscription-based Video on Demand
VOD: Video on Demand
PPV: Pay per View

Regards
Re: How Can I Get Copywright Of Movies by topudo(m): 5:49pm On Oct 27, 2014
Tanx a lot cinematainer for the info.
Re: How Can I Get Copywright Of Movies by topudo(m): 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2014
Will like us to talk more on it.
Re: How Can I Get Copywright Of Movies by reephat(f): 7:11pm On Nov 21, 2014
Wow....great detail cinematainer

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Lupita Nyong'o Didnt Deserve The Oscar Awarded To Her / Jackie Chan Speaks Pidgin, Yoruba, Igbo & Hausa In Promo Of Dragon Blade / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.