Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils (3852 Views)

Photos From Shiites Protest For Killing Of Members In Bauchi, Yobe, Kaduna / Boko Haram Suspect Lynched At Kano Mosque / 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by abila122: 8:21pm On Oct 24, 2014
Alhaji Kassimu Umar, a Lecturer at the Taraba College of Education, Zing, was Friday lynched and burnt alive by an irate mob following an allegation that he carelessly hit and killed five primary school pupils with a vehicle he was driving.

Source: http://www..com.ng/index.php/crime/item/750-lecturer-lynched-burnt-alive-for-killing-five-pupils
Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by idrisa334: 10:07pm On Oct 24, 2014
He got what he deserved
Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
Alhaji Kassimu Umar, a Lecturer at the Taraba College of Education, Zing, was Friday lynched and burnt alive by an irate mob following an allegation that he carelessly hit and killed five primary school pupils with a vehicle he was driving.

When contacted by News Agency of Nigeria, Mr Joseph Kwaji, the Police Public Relations officer, of the Taraba Police Command, Jalingo confirmed the incident.
He revealed that the mob forcefully removed Umar from the Pupule Police Outpost, where he went to report the incident, and the mob burnt him to death.
Kwaji said, “In the early hours of today, one Kassimu Umar, who is believed to be a lecturer with COE, Zing, had knocked down five primary school pupils who all died on the spot.

“After he reported the incident to the Pupule Police station, irate youths in their hundreds, stormed the station, dragged him out and lynched him.

“Our investigation revealed that the lecturer was trying to dodge a trailer, when he ran over the pupils whose ages ranged between eight and 11 years.”

Kwaji said that the matter was being investigated, adding that no arrest had so far been made.[img]http://www..com.ng/media/k2/items/cache/2e79051f535b06583dfeaa47b4b5b74c_M.jpg[/img]
Source: http://www..com.ng/index.php/crime/item/750-lecturer-lynched-burnt-alive-for-killing-five-pupils

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 24, 2014
“After he reported the incident to the Pupule Police station, irate youths in their hundreds, stormed the station, dragged him out and lynched him.
Why did they kill him after he voluntarily reported himself? Nigerians are angry, thanks to the evil perpetrated by the government. What they did to this man is more of transferred aggression burn out of frustration. How many employed and productive youth will have the time to lynch a man that reported himself? They should have allowed the police to charge him for involuntary manslaughter rather than KILL him. His blood is on their heads. RIP to the man

15 Likes

Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by jchima14: 10:16pm On Oct 24, 2014
Didn't his car have brakes he hit 1 and continued moving on till he hit all 5

He must have been drunk.
Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by gebest: 10:22pm On Oct 24, 2014
idrisa334:
He got what he deserved
how can u say he got what he deserve, it was an accident and could happen to any body even u.

3 Likes

Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
idrisa334:
He got what he deserved
My friend please let us not be too emotional, how can we conclude that he deserved such gruesome death?
Will pupils be crossing Road IF provision of Pedestrian Bridge or underground tunnel was made?

Will the pupils have been hit if there was enough education and provisions of road-signs?

Will All these have happened if the road was good?

Another to consider,
A man that reported himself to the police, don't you think he deserves justice rather than jungle justice?

5 Likes

Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
gebest:
how can u say he got what he deserve, it was an accident and could happen to any body even u.
Shame to the police that couldn't even protect him

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by gebest: 10:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
barcanista:
Shame to the police that couldn't even protect him
my dear, Police cannot be everywhere at once.
Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Firefire(m): 10:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
embarassed
Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
gebest:
my dear, Police cannot be everywhere at once.
He was actually in a police post where he reported himself

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 24, 2014

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Firefire(m): 10:47pm On Oct 24, 2014
barcanista:
sad

Nigerian Police in the Northern states are always afraid of the mob

The same way some youth corpers were killed after Buhari lose 2011 Presidential election and the same NPF could not protect them.

RIP Alhaji Kassimu Umar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 24, 2014
Firefire:

Nigerian Police in the Northern states are always afraid of the mob

The same way some youth corpers were killed after Buhari lose 2011 Presidential election and the same NPF could not protect them.

RIP Alhaji Kassimu Umar

boss you de vex o. Jonathan is the C-in-C and he wl bear responsibility for the killing of young nigerians in 2011

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
barcanista:
Why did they kill him after he voluntarily reported himself? Nigerians are angry, thanks to the evil perpetrated by the government. What they did to this man is more of transferred aggression burn out of frustration. How many employed and productive youth will have the time to lynch a man that reported himself? They should have allowed the police to charge him for culpable manslaughter rather than KILL him. His blood is on their heads. RIP to the man

It's an extremely sad story. The facts of the matter (as stated in the report) do not in any way warrant such brutality. According to the report, the man was trying to dodge a trailer, and in the ensuing confusion, knocked down a group of children who (presumably) were crossing the road or were huddled up together on one side of the road. As any responsible citizen would do in such unfortunate circumstances, he headed straight to the nearest police station, reported the incident, and turned himself in. Should he have pulled off a 'hit and run'? Maybe he would have escaped unscathed and still be alive today if he did.

Frankly, we do not know for sure that he was careless or negligent. Maybe the trailer driver was the careless/negligent party, and the unfortunate lecturer merely tried to escape possible harm - only to ram into the equally unfortunate children. This can happen to ANYBODY - me, you, or anyone.

This case is truly tragic.

5 Likes

Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Firefire(m): 10:57pm On Oct 24, 2014
barcanista:
boss you de vex o. Jonathan is the C-in-C and he wl bear responsibility for the killing of young nigerians in 2011

And Jonathan is also in Taraba that will protect Alhaji Kassimu Umar from been Burnt Alive

I think you are becoming a maverick cheesy ?

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 24, 2014
pro01:

It's an extremely sad story. The facts of the matter (as stated in the report) do not in any way warrant such brutality. According to the report, the man was trying to dodge a trailer, and in the ensuing confusion, knocked down a group of children who (presumably) were crossing the road or were huddled up together on one side of the road. As any responsible citizen would do in such unfortunate circumstances, he headed straight to the nearest police station, reported the incident, and turned himself in. Should he have pulled off a 'hit and run'? Maybe he would have escaped unscathed and still be alive today if he did.

Frankly, we do not know for sure that he was careless or negligent. Maybe the trailer driver was the careless/negligent party, and the unfortunate lecturer merely tried to escape possible harm - only to ram into the equally unfortunate children. This can happen to ANYBODY - me, you, or anyone.

This case is truly tragic.

I begin to wonder whether we still place value for human lives as a people. The police at the Post should have detained him immediately(for protection sake) rather than leave him unprotected and killed gruesomely. It is indeed a sad way to die

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 24, 2014
Firefire:

And Jonathan is also in Taraba that will protect Alhaji Kassimu Umar from been Burnt Alive

I think you are becoming a maverick: D ?
Did I blame Jonathan again? but technically, he bears the responsibility for anything that happens to any Nigerian. Anyway, I am not blaming Jonathan for this one
Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Firefire(m): 11:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
barcanista:
Did I blame Jonathan again? but technically, he bears the responsibility for anything that happens to any Nigerian. Anyway, I am not blaming Jonathan for this one

Good to hear that bro... is been a while, how your side now?
Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 24, 2014
Firefire:

Good to hear that bro... is been a while, how your side now?
fine and you? You de skype?
Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Firefire(m): 11:11pm On Oct 24, 2014
barcanista:
fine and you? You de skype?

yes; but am back, returned yestarday. Will call u 2morow.
Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 24, 2014
Firefire:

yes; but am back, returned yestarday. Will call u 2morow.
Okay. Will be expecting your call.
Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by pendy79: 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2014
The truth of the matter is that there is so much division along religious lines in the country now. He was killed because he was unfortunate to be an hausa man/Muslim in a more Christian dominated community where people attach sentiments and religious bias to issues.

May God rest his soul and those of the kids he killed accidentally. All that is needed to stir up s mob is to call him a boko haram member sent to kill Christian children. It is such a pity the way the country has been polarised, the repercussion of this over time is yet to be seen except the incoming GMB administration douse religious fanatism that has been a hallmark and celebrated political tool of this administration.
Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
pendy79:
The truth of the matter is that there is so much division along religious lines in the country now. [s]He was killed because he was unfortunate to be an hausa man/Muslim in a more Christian dominated community where people attach sentiments and religious bias to issues.[/s]

May God rest his soul and those of the kids he killed accidentally. All that is needed to stir up s mob is to call him a boko haram member sent to kill Christian children. It is such a pity the way the country has been polarised, the repercussion of this over time is yet to be seen except the incoming GMB administration douse religious fanatism that has been a hallmark and celebrated political tool of this administration.
Honestly, I don't really like attaching religious sentiment to issues like this

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Firefire(m): 11:22pm On Oct 24, 2014
barcanista:

What is that human being saying Introducing another religious dimension? Nigeria I hail the.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
Firefire:

What is that human being saying Introducing another religious dimension? Nigeria I hail the.
bros me i tire o. I wonder whether them de write muslim/christian for person forehead

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by pendy79: 11:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
barcanista:

Then you're not facing the reality of present day Nigeria. Where is wukali again? Go back and read about the religious crises that pervaded the town and the deep suspicion amongst the muslims/Christians in the town.

Now juxtaposed that with the leadership.crisis about the strong opposition to naming the acting governor as d governor 2 years after the plane crash episode of governor suntai all because he is a muslim and the power brokers in the state are Christians.

Politicians have ensured that people who mingled, bond and lived together in harmony are now sworn enemies all because of power. I am not stating that he was killed for being a muslim/hausa. I'm only stating I hope it wasnt the reason he was lynched so that there won't be a revenge attack based on old episodes in the state.
Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 24, 2014
pendy79:

Then you're not facing the reality of present day Nigeria. Where is wukali again? Go back and read about the religious crises that pervaded the town and the deep suspicion amongst the muslims/Christians in the town.

Now juxtaposed that with the leadership.crisis about the strong opposition to naming the acting governor as d governor 2 years after the plane crash episode of governor suntai all because he is a muslim and the power brokers in the state are Christians.

Politicians have ensured that people who mingled, bond and lived together in harmony are now sworn enemies all because of power. I am not stating that he was killed for being a muslim/hausa. I'm only stating I hope it wasnt the reason he was lynched so that there won't be a revenge attack based on old episodes in the state.
Please permit me to PM you. There are more diplomatic ways to discuss some sensitive issues like religious related stuff.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by themaskedman: 11:50pm On Oct 24, 2014
pendy79:
The truth of the matter is that there is so much division along religious lines in the country now. He was killed because he was unfortunate to be an hausa man/Muslim in a more Christian dominated community where people attach sentiments and religious bias to issues.

It's better you don't talk about what you don't know about. Kasimu's death is very unfortunate but to suggest he was killed because he was Hausa/Muslim is also very unfortunate. Perhaps you do not know that he was travelling with another Muslim in the car when the accident occured, so if his death was about religion why wasnt the other guy lynched as well. The spot where the accident happened is a hotbed for crisis because there are many people idling around both Christians and Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by pendy79: 11:50pm On Oct 24, 2014
barcanista:
Please permit me to PM you. There are more diplomatic ways to discuss some sensitive issues like religious related stuff.

Bro you don't need to. Do you know how many containers laden with loads overturn on people and end up killing and maiming them in lagos and other places.

If it was a mob action, it will be instanteneous and driven by compassionate anger and a clear cut belief that the killing of the children was a deliberate terrorist act by the driver.

If the driver was taken to a police station as reported, and was taken out by an irate mob for lynching then you should know that it was simply an act of vengeance and not based on what truly happened at the scene. Mob action is immediate and instant, if that was the case he would have been lynched and killed at the scene of the accident not at a police station.

My views, my opinion. God rest the souls of all the dead. May his vengeance be upon all those who participated in the killing of this man if he is not guilty but if he killed those kids deliberately, let the pain he went through in life be just a beginning of all the pains he will.suffer on judgement day.
Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by themaskedman: 11:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
pendy79:

Bro you don't need to. Do you know how many containers laden with loads overturn on people and end up killing and maiming them in lagos and other places.

If it was a mob action, it will be instanteneous and driven by compassionate anger and a clear cut belief that the killing of the children was a deliberate terrorist act by the driver.

If the driver was taken to a police station as reported, and was taken out by an irate mob for lynching then you should know that it was simply an act of vengeance and not based on what truly happened at the scene. Mob action is immediate and instant, if that was the case he would have been lynched and killed at the scene of the accident not at a police station.

My views, my opinion. God rest the souls of all the dead. May his vengeance be upon all those who participated in the killing of this man if he is not guilty but if he killed those kids deliberately, let the pain he went through in life be just a beginning of all the pains he will.suffer on judgement day.
Pls quit this line of thought, it's ridiculous.

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Lynched, Burnt Alive For Killing Five Pupils by laivwire(m): 11:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
And this guy could be the bread winner of his extended family, wife and kids probably. I wonder what the senseless youths derived from the gruesome murder of a man who willingly turned himself in even though the accident wasn't intentional.
An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind but this case is even an eye for nothing. Those murderers have their reward waiting for them in the not too far future.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VIDEO Of A Train Ride From PH - Enugu; Cool, Comfortable And Classy (must Watch) / Buhari's Intonation As He Speaks During Presidential Rally / Photos: Governor Fashola Collects His PVC at Polling Unit Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.