Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? (37965 Views)

How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? / 10 Most Annoying Nigerian Media English Expressions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by mayorrex(m): 3:44pm On Feb 18, 2015
samuelson06:
Came to his class late. But he insisted I should leave. I then began to beg him that I couldn't struggle for bus from main gate to library like other students but my pleas felled on deft ears. And then he was advancing towards me. What exactly for? Well a fight. Had to run out of the class and he pursued me. As if that wasn't enough, he deployed spies to watch out for me anytime I enter his class. A close friend hinted me about it and I had to drop the course till the following year.
UNICAL»Physics»Ilhozibe

.....is it prof.menkiti??
coz that old man can be troublesome @tymz!
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by ERCROSS(m): 3:45pm On Feb 18, 2015
tosyne2much:
bwahahahahahahaha lwkmd, falls from 15 story building

**Catches him as he fall**...
U be my person naa, I no fit watch make u take laugh kill urself...

Make we share d laugh naa... grin

Paddy mi...hw far naa

2 Likes

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by iamrealdeji(m): 3:49pm On Feb 18, 2015
icekream:

So u also met d guy. Some scholars told me about him...if u miss attendance 3x, automatic c.o. The Hod of his faculty was once his student and that one also carried his course! So when anybody goes to report him to the Hod, the Hod simply says "I also carried his course".
I met Shola Simple o,na one short devil,
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by wildikeman(m): 3:50pm On Feb 18, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
This will be sweet

None comes to mind.
I avoided my Lecturers like plagues.

When I was graduating, one told me - "so,
you 're the Onyinye...hiding yourself from me but you give all these small-small boys for free"...hahahahahaha.
WTF!!!
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by ERCROSS(m): 3:54pm On Feb 18, 2015
AbuMikey:

I agree gringrin

I agree too...
D 2 idiots taking us d course in school r really sumtin else...
As In... Dey always have one or two weird tin abt them...
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by ped007(m): 4:01pm On Feb 18, 2015
timawoku:
It was during a test in my final year, there had been this beautiful girl I hoped we would date but later just became friends, it was fin 413(finance), this girl seem to forget her formula and she began fretting, I knew the question only too much because I practiced that particular question very well, we were given 1hr, I finished under 30mins and resorted to helping people out, naturally the girl came to mind first, I started telling her the formulas (and did not realize the main lecturer of the course had walked in and was seeing everything I was doing), he motioned the invigillator who later realized what I was doing, na so this invigilator carry am for head o, he took my paper, tore it, and said he would make sure that I never graduate that year,(he was taking us agric finance,a prerequisite) that I will fail his course (even the lecturer that owns the course was like;wat da?, you dey beef this boy before?),he walked me out, (and me no send, I no even beg am) he later chased after me, said I would face dept panel, he said as long as he was living, I would not graduate, (funny part was I did not finch, I was just staring at him like I was watching a movie, all I needed was popcorn),even the owner of the course was pleading on my behalf ( I was one of his best students). He later even cancelled that test (because there was mass failure) and did anoda which I was the highest.

Then alas

His (the invigilator) course was removed from prerequisite and was made optional, he had accident and he was changed, I still went ahead and did his course (we were only 4 students and another lecturer took the lecture) and guess what? I conquered the dude!
Guy you lie die. . .
Is your nickname LINUS?
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by wildikeman(m): 4:04pm On Feb 18, 2015
Don't ever sit down with olodo girls oo..learnt the hard way. I was teaching one girl at my back...during my first semester 100L exam. And this assistant lecture by the name Mrs Kalu,not more than 25 just walked in on me telling her this babe the ans. She told me to leave the class and submit. I just looked at her not knowing she was a lecturer and told her wetin dey do dis one. She common go and submit. The main lecturer shouted at me from no where " oya come and sign form" omo I submitted and gbese oo. The yeye girl i even taught sef got an F and I F. Later sha...I got a B in 200L. And the yeye girl still got F.
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by samuelson06(m): 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2015
Emmafrancis:

Once I saw main gate to library on ur comment, I knew it must be unical. Greatest malabite

Great o
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by samuelson06(m): 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2015
mayorrex:
.....is it prof.menkiti??
coz that old man can be troublesome @tymz!

Lol. No be him o
But if u understand him you'll have no problem.
Anytime u go to his class late, just stand at the door and get his attention then enter, greet him and the class and you'll be his friend.
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by 7footre(m): 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2015
Yomieluv:
When I was busying copying a fellow classmate during an exam,one wicked lecturer took me from there,and directed me to go sit at the podium all alone..

Thank God I have copied enough to give me "C" in the course.
Lol Jesus!!!! I almost choked laughing at this
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 18, 2015
Back then in Madonna university okija.My Public Administration lecturer told me to the face.."Steve,you always come to my class and write my assignments but you dont want to buy my textbook"..The woman actually gave me a D..after the exams that semester..I bought her textbook next semester though..we became friends when i did..i made a B..Why are Nigerian lecturers so keen on students buying their textbooks..Here in the United States its not like that..We buy textbooks here coz it will definately help build us intectually and not to put money in the professor's purse!!

1 Like

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by LOGICALKEN: 4:21pm On Feb 18, 2015
God actually did a miracle in my academics. My exam officer was bent on seeing me expelled as a result of my involvement in exam mis-conduct...... At last i graduated without any extension.
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Busuyib(f): 4:33pm On Feb 18, 2015
jossy1luv:
We were about starting exams during my 200l, was busy gisting with my friend, mr obi okonkwo a.k.a O.O (baddest lect in the dept) walked in and told me to stand on top of the desk for a whole 20mins (omo c disgrace for multi-purpose hall)....had to comply instantly cos begging him is increasing ur punishment. A class of over 300.....very embarrassing cry
Great nacoss....Unizik04
GREATEST NACOSS!
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by 7footre(m): 4:36pm On Feb 18, 2015
Mine happened in 300l in strength of materials a lecturer of mine OWUS [illuminati] caught me when I was helping out a friend *he was copying ma work you won't believe this man cancelled three whole pages of my work line by line!!!
The catch is you either let him do so or he tears your script and sends you out of the class. When he was done, one invigilator announced that we had 20 mins to then end of the exams
In trying to redo the questions d man cancelled, I was so tensed up that I was writing on one line and ma hands would shake that I would end up writing in the second or third line
I had a C in the course and I was very glad people who read engineering know what it means to rewrite such a course..... the good old days in FUTO the glory land
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by nnamdiosu(m): 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2015
Meklex:
My own unfortunate experience was during a lecture session, the lecturer just kept looking at me and later motioned me to stand up lamenting how I always appear dull in his lectures, but the truth was his lectures are outstandingly boring... He started asking what drink I take, I replied Malta Guinness in my bid to appear responsible but the man capitalized on that and started dissing me saying that was why I appear dull that I should endeavour to start drinking alcoholic drinks and whatnot so as to be lively, I just kept staring at him defiantly, he went further to ask me a question which I answered correctly but he wasn't satisfied and he started dissing me again, I can't help but smile while looking at him, he got tired and started with his lecturing, I just had to sit down from my own volition.

The second time was with this lecturer that is obsessed with departmental wears, so in one of his lectures I showed up without the departmental wear and as I was about to sit down he just rushed at me and gave me a blinding slap, I was looking at him the whole time without flinching and the next thing I walked home wore the department wear and came back to the lecture, he felt embarrassed but couldn't ask me out, I even walked to the front sit to sit down.
2 likes from me to u. one for ur post....i learnt something there. the other for ur signature. so funny. peace
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
Zico0:

do you know how i got through it? I kept telling myself no one is out to get you and in the end she would have to accept it. And so i kept going to her office and my anger pacified, instead i felt superior to her.
Bro.. hahaha... I feel you bro... ds things are not funny... Some people just derive joy in straining d soul... Some women do this wen dey find you charming.. lol

1 Like

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 18, 2015
dafil22:
My project supervisor gave me a C. Can u beat dt? Afta all d suffer to work on it
hahaha... yea I can beat it cos ds is wat happened to me after all work because I no settle d man... a private uni for dat mara...
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
Daninya11:
My HOD slashed the whole faculty cgpa just to make sure I did not graduate with a 1.1.
He knew quite well I was very close to my level coordinator who mentored me. Can you imagine an undergraduate helping a lecturer take some of his course. My mentor supervised my project making sure I did it as near perfect as possible.
The HOD asked his secretary to fish out my project and he personally scrutinied my project. He slashed my grade from A to Be and to justify himself, He slashed the grade of all the student in the faculty.
What pained me most was a Female student who was bright and beautiful who couldn't graduate with a 1.1 just because he wants to treat me harsh.. Her cgpa was better than mine. I was not perturbed but I felt sorry for the girl..
My mmentor told me that it will not be given to me so I zeroed my mind and settled for a 2.1.
Can you imagine a person cgpa slashed without touching the grades..
I fear Nigerians and its institutions ooo..
Twale
isnt dea anything that can be done to salvage ds gruesome situation... I just tire for schools woh... na wa
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by lumidey2013(m): 5:36pm On Feb 18, 2015
Back in the days when I was still in Harvard University. Na so I dey try arrange one White lady solution, as the Prof enta class na so hin grab me for Neck. Na from dere I meet my sef for OAU Ile-Ife oo. Thank God I dey final Year
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by bawz012(m): 5:46pm On Feb 18, 2015
won't forget d day Arc. Solanke sent me out instead of another (the real culprit )... I did nothing, he just asked that "who laughed?",and the culprit held up...
but he insisted that it was me...
I couldn't say a word any longer I had to leave immediately so as not to create a scene....
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 18, 2015
crixtex:

isnt dea anything that can be done to salvage ds gruesome situation... I just tire for schools woh... na wa
If you want to lodge a complain , you will be told that even the minister of education cannot help you..
Lolxxx
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by eyinjuege: 6:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
kuderrich:
hmmm,try refuse his advances in some schl and kiss ur Bsc goodbye

I think cases involving students paying in kind or cash for any course should be taken seriously and such lecturers and their cohorts jailed for 15 years!!![hr angry angry
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by prodiG(m): 6:04pm On Feb 18, 2015
alexis007:
lecturer is dying for you?with these your eyes that look like ozil's?.....[close one eye with his left palm]CONTINUE YOUR STORY
Dude was that really necessary? undecided
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by macuwon(m): 6:09pm On Feb 18, 2015
mine was my English lecturer.. a total mad man.. hardly attended his classes coz it was awkward.. he sets his lectures as early as 6am and was good at disgracing latecomers. unfortunately I was the h.o.c, he asked us to pay for a series of useless books. i refused..
exams came.. I knew I had to work hard to pass, i know he would like to fail me so i prepared like never before.. my plan was that if he failed me after writing well, I would order for my scripts and report to the highest authority.
i got into the exam hall with with everything he had taught that semester in my head. i glanced at the question paper only to see
1.mention 50 countries, their capitals and their Presidents
2.the 36 states in Nigeria and governors
3.20 ministers and their portfolio

At this i screamed! checked the subject.. it was 'use of english' 301

i sighed and thought.. well nobody can answer this, I answered the many i could, hoping that if we all fail, at least I would still have the highest score.. feeling proud i finished first and bounced out of the hall..

results came out.... All those who bought the book passed.. all those who didn't, FAILED!

IT WAS JUST ABOUT BUYING THE F. U. CKING BOOK..

i stormed his office.. he said 'young man! so you think you can outsmart the master.. well you failed, I won, but you still have a chance.. pay for those fucking books and write my carryover..

2 Likes

Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Equado(m): 6:14pm On Feb 18, 2015
samuelson06:
Came to his class late. But he insisted I should leave. I then began to beg him that I couldn't struggle for bus from main gate to library like other students but my pleas felled on deft ears. And then he was advancing towards me. What exactly for? Well a fight. Had to run out of the class and he pursued me. As if that wasn't enough, he deployed spies to watch out for me anytime I enter his class. A close friend hinted me about it and I had to drop the course till the following year.
UNICAL»Physics»Ilhozibe

ilozobhie and his mood swings, he's sent me out of an exam hall before...I despised that man,funny enough,he was my exam officer
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by nnamdiosu(m): 6:17pm On Feb 18, 2015
Hibiscuss:
The most annoying thing a lecturer(my level coordinator) did to me is refusing to compile my final year result for 2 good years until I took my parent to go beg him. My offense is not being among his bootlickers. Just had to pay with two good years of my life.

let that be a lesson to u next time sir. lick the boot and get out of school and brush ur mouth or....scorn the boot and still come back after two years to lick the boot.....this time with ur parents. sorry sha but the truth is just humble urself to get what you want. a friend of mime the best had the same issue with you. just lay low. collect what u want and lay high. God will judge for you. at least that's how we did in France. peace
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Traww(m): 6:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
Abu Zaria phys 161 practical ...I don't need to say more summit !!""
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 18, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
This will be sweet

None comes to mind.
I avoided my Lecturers like plagues.

When I was graduating, one told me - "so,
you 're the Onyinye...hiding yourself from me but you give all these small-small boys for free"...hahahahahaha.
Bhahahahaha! Wait o! But na true?
You dey give for free?
Chai! What an insult that lecturer is useless.

Mine went to submit my course form and he was like
You have to give me an incovinience allowance,
Hahaha! Ended up giving my #2000 pocket money for that period and start drinking garri without sugar that period.
Dr. Keke IMSU
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by Polyflexzy(m): 7:20pm On Feb 18, 2015
stan241:
Won't say most people are being dishonest but everyone here seems to be very brilliant much like our parents who always took first.....Eng222 and Mr abi is he a prof now Chidi Onuigbo said we would have to go get a tape recorder(this was tail end of 2nd semester owu period) look for where we will watch BBC news,record about 30 mins of the news to a tape and then record our own rendition of the same news in and i quote "queens English" and then transcribe and submit(30 marks)....see where people that have not seen AIT to watch now looking for DSTV to watch BBC news...had to go all the way down to Onitsha to even get an empty tape to use for the recording and ended up in a hospital reception begging to watch "TV".... after all said and done after his exam i accompanied my course rep to his office to submit the tapes only for this man to reply " who gave you people that assignment" and before we could say sir he screamed and abused us out of his office.....the type of swear he received that day I'm sure would still be following him till now

hahahahahaha. Buh assignments dey o.
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by 1stola: 7:21pm On Feb 18, 2015
alexis007:
lecturer is dying for you?with these your eyes that look like ozil's?.....[close one eye with his left palm]CONTINUE YOUR STORY
LOL!
Guy wetin missdebs do you na? grin
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by 1stola: 7:31pm On Feb 18, 2015
pinkhill:
Final day when one is meant to scream hallelujah this small monster decided to kill my joy but GODWIN

in 200l he made advances which i rejected and told whoever cares to listen,he gave me a D in an exam i was meant to score at least B..i asked him why?he gave me a silly reason and i just accepted it that way

fst fwd...final papers and some peeps where trying to copy after 'stop'. I saw him approaching trying to take people scripts and jokingly i told him to chill na so i buy market. I didn't even know he took it personal til a student asked me what i did to him...i decided to ask him how i offended him ooo the so called lecturer kept me on the malice list and started broadcasting false news(a lecturer that can turn a 0.35 cgpa to 3.32 in a night). I knew what he can do so i decided to pull strings..I involved the sub dean of students' affairs who talked to him and he was like if not for the man he would have made sure i spilled(the most annoying thing is that i didn't do his course oo..me when never do carry over before,instead of me to spill a course i rather score 40) after all the pleading he freed me

If not i go still dey school
So n'a subdean level u dey do abi?
I troway prik for you o.
So now, which market u dey?
Re: Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? by 1stola: 7:39pm On Feb 18, 2015
Echikojuliet:
He tried kissing me in his office
Na dis your pommo lips the lecturer wan kiss?
The guy must be a dirty toad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? / Meet Zahirat Galleon, University Of Maiduguri 1st Female SUG Vice President / Total Scholarship Application 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.