Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,194 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria (22339 Views)

South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government / BREAKING: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government / DSS Withdraws From Dasuki’s House… South Africa Returns Seized Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by diablos: 11:15am On Oct 25, 2014
ideology:

Well if you say so.

I hope you know Nigerians own firms too in SA

Dude why stress urself...I believe Jacob Zuma knows better
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 25, 2014
APC should hide it's head in shame.

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 25, 2014
Good one. SA acted wisely.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by M4gunners: 11:39am On Oct 25, 2014
People can now let GEJ drink water and drop Cup.Gej till 2019.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by san316(m): 11:45am On Oct 25, 2014
Oya, U Guys Must Account For D Moni As U Use It.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by superstar3: 11:50am On Oct 25, 2014
bushdoc9919:
All right....but even then there are better ways to transport $9.5 million than putting raw cash in a plane....especially as the laws of this country prohibit one from flying with $10000 in cash out of the country.

Indeed, whatever happened to the humble bank transfer? Don't we live in a 21st century world.?

Forgive me, but this transaction still sounds a bit ''strange'' to me. I would still like the Government to punish whoever was responsible for approving the transfer of such a huge amount of raw cash in such a way as to arouse suspicion of ''funny business''.

What if it is the government that approved the movement of raw cash
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by guvnor83: 11:55am On Oct 25, 2014
i neva c alert na
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by akinsadeez(m): 12:08pm On Oct 25, 2014
Imagine the huge amount of interest that 15m$ would have earned in the bank. These south africans are thieves. They must return our money with all accrued interest
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by carlfine: 12:08pm On Oct 25, 2014
I jst hope someone somewhr will give ans 2 our question. Whr is d moni now is nt all abt d figure
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 25, 2014
Boko Haram says Chibok girls would be released on Monday:

http://davidvsnaija..com/2014/10/boko-haram-says-chibok-girls-would-be.html
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by brofula(m): 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2014
APC, Liar Mohammed and Chris Okotie oya go and apologise to Ayo Oritsejafor, I think it is better to give our govt some benefit of dougbt atimes. Liar Mohammed we are waiting to hear the last of your fight with Asari Dokubo on this allegation.
Unnneccesary opposition and blackmail of the Nigerian nation not PDP.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by docadams: 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

Even after the NSA had admitted that his office was directly responsible for the failed arms deal yet some ethnic bigot are still heaping the blame on a pastor who swore he had no hand in deal and who was exonerated by the NSA. How come no one is calling on the NSA to resign? Is it because the NSA is Fulani while the pastor is southsouth?
You have a brain dancing in monkey shadow. Tell me the differences between NSA, Oritsejafor, and GEJ. They are fingers of the same leprous PDP.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by samiyke74: 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hope all the APC members who unshamefully walk out of the senate will now shamefully call the press again to apologise to nigerians for their political sentiment propaganda for the uncertain informations $ lies they have been misinforming us on every goverment move!
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2014
South Africa no get liver to chop our money na. Dem no dey fear face grin

I hope they returned it with interest accrued Zuma should be warned not to pull that stunt with us again lest we take tough decisions against their interests here.

Oh come to think of it, there is a bill being discussed at the NASS on the need to break the monopoly of DSTV in Nigeria. grin

SA no get choice than to respect the BOSS cool Naija for Life!
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Chigold101(m): 1:07pm On Oct 25, 2014
agabusta:

I guess the South African govt too was not privvy to same security information. And tht is what makes it short of due process.

If it followed due process, there wouldn't have been any issue.
no sir someone in thenorthern part of america has vowed to purnish nigeria for reasons best known to them. They dont want nigeria to buy arms from them and they also dont want their allies to sell arms to nigeria. They have actually achieved their aim cos returning the money still mean that arms where not bought (yet). Using our african brothers to fight us will make them look innocent. As they always do, they will come to play the role of peace maker. Letme stop here sha
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by jaytee01(m): 1:07pm On Oct 25, 2014
[quote author=Dmacaw post=27437634][/quote]You are a big Fo_ol! What is the difference bw calling someone's opinion silly and calling the person silly?
And what is the position of the law regarding such transactions? Since when did statements from the NSA replace enacted laws of the country?
Idi_ot!
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Ayo199(m): 1:19pm On Oct 25, 2014
I 4 fear
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by agabusta: 1:30pm On Oct 25, 2014
Chigold101:
no sir someone in thenorthern part of america has vowed to purnish nigeria for reasons best known to them. They dont want nigeria to buy arms from them and they also dont want their allies to sell arms to nigeria. They have actually achieved their aim cos returning the money still mean that arms where not bought (yet). Using our african brothers to fight us will make them look innocent. As they always do, they will come to play the role of peace maker. Letme stop here sha

Conspiracy theories and excuses given by the FGN.

Now even going by ur own assertions, it still means the Nigerian govt did not follow due process. How silly can that be, they want to secretly smuggle cash into another country to buy arms without informing such a country.

And you are still saying it followed due process.

If SA does not want us to buy arms from them or through them, why can't they simply go elsewhere instead of trying to play smart? And at the end they now looked foolish.

It is still the same Nigerian mentality of not wanting to follow due process but trying to play smart on the system.

We see it everyday in Nigeria. Be it on a simple queue, or at traffic red light, or while trying to process documents. Majority of Nigerians don't like submitting to due process. They always think they can outsmart every other person. When the bubble now burst, they will now start playing dirty and coming up wt spurious stories.

The first time, they told u u went about it the wrong way. Fine. You now decided to do a wire transfer the 2nd time trying to do it the right way, albeit thru a company whose licence has expired for months without getting a renewal.

Are they not supposed to do all the proper checks the 2nd time to ensure everything sails thru without issues?

Assuming they have informed the SA govt thru diplomatic channels, they would have been told the company in question does not have a valid licence to trade in arms at tht particular time.

But they sha want to play smart in another man's country and embarrassed themselves in the process.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Osakah24(m): 1:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
APC wont talk about this issue again, they gotta be hurt real hard.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Dmacaw: 2:16pm On Oct 25, 2014
jaytee01:
You are a big Fo_ol! What is the difference bw calling someone's opinion silly and calling the person silly?
And what is the position of the law regarding such transactions? Since when did statements from the NSA replace enacted laws of the country?
Idi_ot!

You dey ask me question?
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Dmacaw: 2:17pm On Oct 25, 2014
jaytee01:
You are a big Fo_ol! What is the difference bw calling someone's opinion silly and calling the person silly?
Idi_ot!

You dey ask me question?
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Dmacaw: 2:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
jaytee01:
Idi_ot!

i am tired of bringing you up to speed nitwit. Mr "Enacted laws" government make laws it's also within their jurisdiction to act above the law in matters that involves National Security.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
diablos:
SAfricans...all noise no balls. We all knew it ws only a matter of time.
Bwahaha... The Xhosas and Zulus in their primitiveness of exposing peanuts and bosoms think their country is GIANT of Africa. angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Why must our government take such amount of money through illegal means to South Africa in the first place?

Go Nigeria, the true GIANT of Africa.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 25, 2014
ideology:

Nigeria was instrumental to their independence,
Last week the high commissioner addressed Nigeria as Brother grin

Am just waiting for Liar Mohammed to hold another press briefing and spread propaganda as usual.

I love the presidency's maturity in responding to the issue, the bad area was where they threatened to shut down their businesses and firms in Nigeria, it sounded immature lipsrsealed
It is called threat! It is not immature. The South Africans can be very crafty by trying to play on our vast intelligence. You know what I mean!

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by austey10(m): 3:07pm On Oct 25, 2014
So finally d dust has settles down...hmm,let's just watch n see how tins pans-out now.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
The question remains. When are we going to invade South Africa and annex it? Bwahaha...! grin cool

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by juman(m): 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
How come the government mismanage their affair to the extent of buying arms from black market like illegal government?

This is a confused government.

Anyway sha, the government would be voted out.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
justitiaomnibus:
which other African Country could have made South Africa get the kind of fame it just got since the Death of Mandela if not Nigeria.
justitiaomnibus:
but they also know that a dwarf cannot rub shoulders with a Giant.

Then this same person says........
justitiaomnibus:
........they arrogantly insult us.

The irony.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by PhockPhockMan: 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2014
Akinsnaira:
Now is the time for lawmaking buffalos to drop their witch-hunting bill on the innocent DSTV
Let me tell you, even Tinubu is interested in the survival of the bill because of his CONSAT. The bill is a done deal.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by PhockPhockMan: 4:39pm On Oct 25, 2014
agabusta:

I guess the South African govt too was not privvy to same security information. And tht is what makes it short of due process.

If it followed due process, there wouldn't have been any issue.
But the first one followed due process yet they seized it.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Analyst2: 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2014
Where is the cash?? undecided
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria by Otota1(m): 7:08pm On Oct 25, 2014
Why not if not....have they 4gotten how much we spent on them during and after apartheid....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo’s Book “my Watch” Adapted To Nollywood Movie(photo) / BON, NEDG Pick Only 5 Political Parties For Debate (See List) / Orji Uzor Kalu Pleads With Obidients To Stop Attack On Other Parties (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.