Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship (28863 Views)

Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard / El-rufai Formally Declares For Kaduna Governorship, Recieves Buhari's Blessing / Mimiko Formally Declares Second Term Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 25, 2014
duni04:

Anyhow if Ambode emerges as the APC flagbearer instead of Hamzat (who even happens to be Fashola choice), and the PDP throws up Agbaje, then I'll probably vote umbrella for the first time in my life. Or not vote at all.
so what would the feel be like when ambode then performs beyond your expectations when he becomes governor....I know you thinking he cannot perform at all .
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by baptist101: 1:37pm On Oct 25, 2014
This man really appears well qualified and ready for the job,I think he stands a good chance of winning

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by duni04(m): 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
majekdom2:
so what would the feel be like when ambode then performs beyond your expectations when he becomes governor....I know you thinking he cannot perform at all .
Why probability when there are certain and solid choices?
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
seanet02:
Korobucci
grin
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
duni04:

Anyhow if Ambode emerges as the APC flagbearer instead of Hamzat (who even happens to be Fashola choice), and the PDP throws up Agbaje, then I'll probably vote umbrella for the first time in my life. Or not vote at all.

Abeg please tell me Jimi Agbage achievements o ? Or is it based on his debates if that is the case shouldn't you wait till debate to decide? Or maybe because he owns a pharmacy and had never managed more than 25 employees, is that the achievement? ;DThe pharmacy is not even one if the reputable ones, who knows the name? Please tell us what qualifies him

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by smartigo: 1:43pm On Oct 25, 2014
duni04:

I should vote for him because they call him olori whatever in the LASG civil service? You're not pitching your case well. I'm not convinced. Convince me this man is the right man for the job. State his achievements. And I don't hate Tinubu.

With this comment, it seems you just have a personal beef with him.
Bro, tone down on ur arguments. Your grouse is because Tinubu picked him.

You are not critically looking at this issue from all angle for the electorates. Agreed, Hamzat is good but we can't have two governors at a time. So let your vote decide.
Thanks for the article you earlier dropped.
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by ba7man(m): 1:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
duni04:

Tatiana I'm still not convinced. The state commissioners for budget and planning, and finance can claim they were also responsible for the budget increase. So I'm still not convinced.
Then go vote for whoever your heart tells you to.
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
duni04:

Why probability when there are certain and solid choices?
there is more to governance than blowing grammar.... if an incumbent who is doing great decides to choose his successor , it should be welcomed . hamzat may perform but it does not mean ambode cannot perform also . whoever emerges , I think they should just work together just as the case of obama and hilary ... it was a tough choice but they still succeeded together.
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by oneplusone: 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2014
majekdom2:
there is more to governance than blowing grammar.... if an incumbent who is doing great decides to choose his successor , it should be welcomed . hamzat may perform but it does not mean ambode cannot perform also . whoever emerges , I think they should just work together just as the case of obama and hilary ... it was a tough choice but they still succeeded together.

Yes you are right,all we want is progress in Lagos
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by duni04(m): 1:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
tatiana009:

Abeg please tell me Jimi Agbage achievements o ? Or is it based on his debates if that is the case shouldn't you wait till debate to decide? Or maybe because he owns a pharmacy and had never managed more than 25 employees, is that the achievement? ;DThe pharmacy is not even one if the reputable ones, who knows the name? Please tell us what qualifies him
No idea. My vote will be a protest vote.
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 25, 2014
duni04:

Lmao, wait till Ambode wins primaries and starts doing interactive sessions, interviews and debates I promise you'll change your mind grin
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by duni04(m): 1:59pm On Oct 25, 2014
tatiana009:

Lmao, wait till Ambode wins primaries and starts doing interactive sessions, interviews and debates I promise you'll change your mind grin
I tend to judge people based on physical appearance. The guy looks like a glutton and a potential treasury looter. Nothing he says will convince me grin
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
No be beauty pageant o plus Agbada makes people look..... Anyways just keep an open mind

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 25, 2014
Best of luck to him! But politicians are always the same
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by duni04(m): 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2014
tatiana009:
No be beauty pageant o plus Agbada makes people look..... Anyways just keep an open mind

Are you the nairaland liaison for his campaign?
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 25, 2014
duni04:

Are you the nairaland liaison for his campaign?

I wish grin, I attended an event he spoke at and he really inspired me that we still have people who want to just serve. Infact he made me see Lagos in a new light. I hope he wins but if Hamzat wins or Anyone else I'll support the person as long as na APC

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by royalblood21: 2:22pm On Oct 25, 2014
eliascomm55:
he is not the only christian candidate in APC. Dr Leke pitan is also a christian running for a post of governor too
Ambode is a Christian and from EPE.... where the zoning favoured...he has a better chance

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by duni04(m): 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2014
tatiana009:

I wish grin, I attended an event he spoke at and he really inspired me that we still have people who want to just serve. Infact he made me see Lagos in a new light. I hope he wins but if Hamzat wins or Anyone else I'll support him as long as na APC
You mean this? www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8ECf_-O9fU
Very uninspiring. He even talks like Fayose. Agbaje will destroy this one in any debate.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2014
duni04:

You mean this? www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8ECf_-O9fU
Very uninspiring. He even talks like Fayose. Agbaje will destroy this one in any debate.

Nope, but don't forget Fayose appealed more to the grassroots which is the bigger part of the populace and they determine who wins so I think that's a good comparison sef alimosho and such areas with the biggest voting percentage are looking more for a Fayose than an Agbaje. Anyways let's just agree to disagree, this talk is too long jare. Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
duni04:

Anyhow if Ambode emerges as the APC flagbearer instead of Hamzat (who even happens to be Fashola's choice), and the PDP throws up Agbaje, then I'll probably vote umbrella for the first time in my life. Or not vote at all.
Haba! I've to come in here; why are u the only one hellbent on discrediting this guy? U asked for wat he has done, it was stated . yet, u ain't satisfied... The summary is, he excelled in his job as a civil servant!
Are u saying a civil servant that served meritoriously can't get ur vote cos a commissioner is also in the contest? Ure beginning to sound like Ure working for someone honestly...The truth is neither Ambode nor Hamzat have served as governor before so, they are both UNTESTED at that level. A friend here too thinks uve a beef with Ambode. Sorry but thats how u sound!

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2014
lonelydora:
Are they going to serve or to steal?

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Billcakes: 2:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
duni04:

grin grin grin grin grin
o ga o,protest vote ko
Please make your vote count....for the best candidate
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Billcakes: 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
tatiana009:

Now that you mentioned it,I'm yet to see the achievements of this so-called Jimi Agbaje,who is more like a desperate political prost lipsrsealed lipsrsealed,why is he jumping from pillar to post just to become governor,if he is as good and acceptable as some of you have been making him out to be,then he doesn't need to jump under the UMBLELLA(sorry mama peace),he should trust himself well enough to run on the platform of his former party or even as an independent candidate(even if dat one never start for naija,I had to mention it cos you guys talk about him like he can win an election even without a political party)
So I ask,please duni04 and co,be kind enough to tell us where and where this Agbaje of a man has worked and the things he did there that make you think he is the best candidate for Lagos governor as I personally don't think that running an obscure chemist with no more than 6 staff is enough to put him on this high pedestal you want to force him on

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by josite: 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
it will go this way .
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 25, 2014
josite:
it will go this way and someone should please note it.quite a number of tinubu boys who rightly feel thay have worked more than this guy wil silently worked against him giving room for agbaje or obanikoro to win.IF TINUBU backs this guy,this guy will lose.who is betting?

I can categorically tell you that Ambode is the next Lagos State Governor, Tinubu isn't new in the game there were many disgruntled individuals when Fashola was chosen and they ranted and made noise but eventually they came around and asked for a chance at other positions same thing will happen. No be politicians

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 25, 2014
mbulela:

If you called Omisore an intellectual, then I worry for the kind of standards you accept.
Mediocrity is knocking at your door.
Omisore is nothing like an intellectual,no matter how you define that word.
Obanikoro a vibrant senator? Care to explain the vibrancy?
You obviously didn't follow Koro as a Senator between 2003 and 2007. I don't want to promote him otherwise I will list some beneficial bills that he sponsored and projects that he undertook as Senator. As for Omisore, he wasn't originally a clieless man, this guy was an intellectual that was admired by people in Afenifere. He was projected to takeover from Papa Bisi Akande by the AD and Afenifere untile he started having issues due to his impatience and desperation. That was when he defected to PDP, and started acting thug-like until he went full blown.
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Evathyst(f): 4:37pm On Oct 25, 2014
barcanista:
I don't know whether you have problem with comprehension. I said Accountant-General and Permanent Secretary and you are asking me OR... or for wetin guy? Do you know the job of an Accountant-General? Abi you think it is a come and chop position? You obviously need some accounting classes. As for what he is prominent for, I said it before and saying again

As for GOS, He never served as a state Legislator. Let me help you out,
He was Chairman, Mushin LGA, In 2003 he contested for the AD Ticket of Lagos West against incumbent Senator Tokunbo Afikunyomi and LOST the Primaries. His was compensated with the AD ticket for Federal House of Reps which was originally won by some guy(forgot his name), because AD couldn't afford to lose some influential members as Funsho Williams of PDP was making wave. Tinubu played smart to keep some mushin votes to the purse(which paid off).
He contested for the Governorship primaries in 2007 and lost to Fashola, but he started his troubles again, AC then can't afford to lose a chunk of Mushin, because of PDP and Koro were making waves and everything was tensed. However, he was given the AC ticket for Lagos Central in 2007.
He was rejected by Lagos Central constituents in 2011 for POOR showing, and was moved to Lagos West by APC, with Remi flying Lagos Central.

Whate are/were his achievements? What is he famous for?Nothing!!! he CAN't Return to the Senate, and Can't be Governor. He is a bad market.
Get ur fact ryt Sir! GOS never occupied d seat of Lagos central senatorial district. From 1999-2003; Dr. Wahab Dosunmu(AD), 2003-2007; Musiliu Obanikoro(AD), 2007-2011; Muniru Muse(ACN). 2011 till date; Mrs. Oluremi Tinubu.

If u cld just pinpoint which aspect of Lagos politics u wish to discuss, maybe I cld just engage u. wink

Besides, has anyone heard 4rm Prince Ademola Adeniji Adele? I was expecting to see his poster.
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
Sagamite:

WTF! Are you reetarded? angry
Mr. Cretinous fvcktard...lolssss(na ur language o)
Omi was once intelligent. Desperation and PDP made him clueless
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by babaoj: 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2014
doubt if there can be a candidate has intelligent and of good leadership as FASHOLA except JIMI AGBAJE. I could remember the 2007 gubernatoria debate of both and it was obvious jimi knocked fashola hands down in all ramification. If not for the party he was then,he would have won the election.FASHOLA IS A LEADER WITH A SOUND MIND......JIMI AGBAJE IS BETTER. Little wonder PDP is using him.
(Quote) (R
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Sagamite(m): 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2014
barcanista:
Mr. Cretinous fvcktard...lolssss(na ur language o)
Omi was once intelligent. Desperation and PDP made him clueless

You will have to drug me with LSD, downed with 3 kegs of palm wine to ever believe that shyt.

Perfect gatemen and butchers wanting to be governors.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by babaoj: 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2014
JA would hv remain in APC 2 get d ticket, why jumping up & down. APC candidates has better chance in Lagos.
Re: PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 25, 2014
babaoj:
doubt if there can be a candidate has intelligent and of good leadership as FASHOLA except JIMI AGBAJE. I could remember the 2007 gubernatoria debate of both and it was obvious jimi knocked fashola hands down in all ramification. If not for the party he was then,he would have won the election.FASHOLA IS A LEADER WITH A SOUND MIND......JIMI AGBAJE IS BETTER. Little wonder PDP is using him.
(Quote) (R
No matter how credible you may seem to be, pdp will turn you to something else ... atimes over ambition kills , thats the case of agbaje , he seem to have somethng upstairs but he seem not to understand the virtue of team work and patience , you dont necessarily need to be a governore before people can talk well of you . if he is a progrssive he ought to work hand in hand with fashola , may be now he would have been the obvious candidate in APC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC Begins Probe Of Ex-governor Akpabio Over Alleged N108.1bn Fraud / Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle / Wike Lifts Curfew On Parts Of Port Harcourt, Recalls Suspended Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.