Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,451 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Fashola For President In 2019? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola For President In 2019? (2901 Views)

5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 / Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship / Can You Vote Fashola For President In 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola For President In 2019? by Nobody: 5:30am On Oct 25, 2014
The recent body language of Lagos State governor, Babatunde Fashola, suggests he wants nothing to do with being a running mate to either Buhari or Atiku. Instead, Fashola may likely seek a Senatorial nomination; and he is a sure bet to win both the Senatorial primary and the February general election.

However, if the APC loses the presidential election, I wouldn't mind a Senator Fashola becoming the APC presidential nominee for the 2019 election. By then, his combined 8 years as a governor, and 4 years as a Senator should be adequate experience needed to run for the highest office in the land.

1 Like

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by JosephsDestiny: 5:57am On Oct 25, 2014
Going to the Senate in 2015 and then coming out to contest the presidential election in 2019 may be possible but still an herculean task. The shortest route to the Presidency and the wisest political move by Fashola and the APC should be him serving as the Vice President with Gen. Buhari as President, that is if they win the 2015 election. Then will he be able to tender a credential that is superior to any other candidate in 2019 because he most certainly will be the de facto President for the 4 years Buhari will serve as President, considering the age and intellectual depth of Gen. Buhari. It's still a long shot though, but I believe Fashola would be a great President if given a chance. What is needed is for various interests and power blocs within the APC and beyond to contain and set aside their interests for the collective interest. All in all, it should be a case of putting forward your best 'hand and brain' and I think Buhari and Fashola fit perfectly into these category respectively.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 25, 2014
Buhari and fashola is a good match...i tender my vote as long as Fashola is in the equation.... Infact, He must win!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 25, 2014
^^
If Buhari wins next year, I hope he would do a "Mandela" ie serve for only one term. Then, Fashola could become the APC candidate in 2019.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by Acidosis(m): 6:35am On Oct 25, 2014
The duo will clearly fail
The general trend has always been in favour of a Christian-Muslim or Muslim-Christian. Some things aren't just possible. For instance it is impossible for an Ifa priest to become the President of Israel or Iraq. Nigeria do not belong to any single entity.

Fashola should go and rest, the looted funds and tax payers money will do a lot for him, his family and relatives. So many assets yet undeclared. Btw, who wants to associate with a greater failure, like Buhari?

A man with genuine intention (at his age) would have dropped the ambition. A desperate man should never be trusted.

GEJ is my president, and he'll get my vote come 2015.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by alabiyemmy(m): 6:44am On Oct 25, 2014
and if he says no to 2019 - you will still go ahead to tout him for President in 2023 etc etc. Abi?
Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by Onmason(m): 7:16am On Oct 25, 2014
Sorry to ask this Acid, which of the planets did you just drop from? After reading an intelligent analysis of a Fahola/Buhari combination and the possible thereafter all you have to say is that Fashola should go and enjoy the money he stole? If from what you have seen of Lagos, you feel F ashola is a thief, what can we then say of GEJ? Please wake up to reality! Give Fashola some credit, he is one of the best candidates available. If you are by chance a young man, you should encourage, especially the illeterates to cast aside the extreme stupidity portrayed in ethno-religious bigotry which are the bane of our politics. How can we remain monkeys in the 21st century?

12 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by Acidosis(m): 7:36am On Oct 25, 2014
Onmason:
Sorry to ask this Acid, which of the planets did you just drop from? After reading an intelligent analysis of a Fahola/Buhari combination and the possible thereafter all you have to say is that Fashola should go and enjoy the money he stole? If from what you have seen of Lagos, you feel F ashola is a thief, what can we then say of GEJ? Please wake up to reality! Give Fashola some credit, he is one of the best candidates available. If you are by chance a young man, you should encourage, especially the illeterates to cast aside the extreme stupidity portrayed in ethno-religious bigotry which are the bane of our politics. How can we remain monkeys in the 21st century?

Really? Why don't you go and contest an election in Iraq or Kiribati

ethnicity and religious factors will always stand whether we like it or not.

Fashola spent 8years in Alausa. Any man who fail to deliver his people in 8years should be cruxified. In my own understanding, GEJ is working, and if given another chance, he'll do more. GEJ cannot solve ALL problems; no one can solve all human problems, if it's that easy, why didn't he (Buhari) solve Nigeria's problems in the '80s?

12 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by daveP(m): 8:10am On Oct 25, 2014
Hmm, i prefer he remains 'fresh' cos as MB is contesting, if he wins and performs, Fashola gets a herculean task breaking away( if his party refuses him a ticket by then) to fufill that presidential ambition. So he will start crosscarpeting? And if MB does bad, people will see him with the eye they used to look@ MB. It will even get worse cos MB have a record of statements and acts behind him from the past.

I'm sure as an individual, Fashola have already towed this line of thought(s), so i prefer his senatorial ambition for now.

Besides, how many VPs have been so so influential outside the powers of the Presido?

MB is old now. Nawa o! Besides (just curious) why does he still stick 'General' to his nomenclature?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by chimerase2: 8:45am On Oct 25, 2014
Ur permutation means buhari will Not win next year election
Then after goodluck tenure enters into de equation
Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by Pataki: 8:50am On Oct 25, 2014
I prefer Fashola as our VP.

He complements Buhari in so many ways.

With this duo (Buhari/Fashola), we break away from the norm that a VP is redundant and useless as we have seen with PDP for fifteen years.

1 Like

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by RockMaxi: 8:56am On Oct 25, 2014
Onmason:

You dey mind them? By their comments you will know who they are. Agents of TAN, but you can add "sa" as a prefix then you will know who truly they are. *+grin*+ grin

2 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by ratiken(m): 9:01am On Oct 25, 2014
With the recent holier than thou attitude being put forward by Gov Fashola, It has become pertinent that we remind ourselves what manner of man he has been in the past 7.5 years.

1. It is on record that Tinubu is one of the most corrupt individual this country ever produced who went on an accumulation spree of every viable state asset. However, I wonder how a 'non corrupt' Fashola can seamlessly work with an extremely corrupt Tinubu for 8yrs without friction while they both accumulate all state assets to their personal names. Two cannot work together except they agree. It seems Tinubu accumulated more state resources under Fashola's tenure than his own tenure. One can categorically conclude that Fashola is either more corrupt than Tinubu or just a plain dummy/ foot soilder

2. There is still no justification to installing toll plazas on existing roads. The Lekki- Epe expressway that serves the fastest developing area of lagos state should have received fair and untolled attention but out of the dirtiness of heart of the corrupt duo of Fashola/ Tinubu.... it was tolled to their own company. When the masses trooped out to protest against it, Fashola's touts were unleashed on them even to the extent of death of a protester. If every state governor tolls roads which is a basic necessity like Fashola did..... ours would have been a mortgaged country

3. Till date, Fashola have refused to open up the state books to the public consistent with the Freedom of information bill adopted at the federal level. He has consistently and categorically refused to be accountable. For the records, LASG with monthly IGR and allocation of 29B and 19B respectively have managed approximately 4.5trillion in 7.5yrs. Unaccountability is the hallmark of irresponsible leadership.

4. How on earth can a sane governor deport non-indigenes within same country at the wee hours of the morning and dump them under a bridge. Every Nigerian indigene has the right to live in an part of the geographical location called Nigeria without a visa. It is also on record that this inhumane act have been carried out by just on governor in our history. .. which is Fashola. This act currently ranks as the highest breach of human rights in Nigeria. 

5. Fashola adamantly approved a 1000% increase in the school fees rates for LASU students without any corresponding increase in wage rates. It took wide spread protest and unending strikes that forced the govt to its knee. This is the record increase of school fees in Nigeria and ranks the height of insensitivity

6. Lagos roads are repaired at 2billion/ km by the crony companies of Fashola/ Tinubu. Better roads are built allover the country at lesser rates. Height of lootocracy

The ease at which he criticizes the central govt without acknowledging any single achievement by same govt makes him a mere opposition figure who stands for nothing but mere propaganda. Now I ask..... What are the highlights of Fashola's govt?Lagos was a federal capital and Tinubu's govt was the height of hopelessness and such any any road repaired receives lots of hype. What key achievement would Fashola be remembered for?

7 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by mrofficial(m): 9:06am On Oct 25, 2014
Acidosis:

Really? Why don't you go and contest an election in Iraq or Kiribati

ethnicity and religious factors will always stand whether we like it or not.

Fashola spent 8years in Alausa. Any man who fail to deliver his people in 8years should be cruxified. In my own understanding, GEJ is working, and if given another chance, he'll do more. GEJ cannot solve ALL problems; no one can solve all human problems, if it's that easy, why didn't he (Buhari) solve Nigeria's problems in the '80s?

Do more of what? You must be joking. GEJ is a dumbfuck and no intelligent person should tell any good about his tenure because it has been a total failure.

No thanks to religion. Turning the intelligent ones in the country to bigots and ret.ards.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by Acidosis(m): 9:12am On Oct 25, 2014
mrofficial:

Do more of what? You must be joking. GEJ is a dumbfuck and no intelligent person should tell any good about his tenure because it has been total failure.

No thanks to religion. Turning the intelligent ones in the country to bigots and ret.ards.

But Your master Fashola and Buhari are Muslims; if religion isn't important, why can't he (Fashola) change religion for the sake of politics and vice-presidential ambition?

5 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by Acidosis(m): 9:15am On Oct 25, 2014
How can we forget so soon?

The same Fashola who deports Nigerians from Lagos state (at will) grin

4 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by mrofficial(m): 9:23am On Oct 25, 2014
Acidosis:

But Your master Fashola and Buhari are Muslims; if religion isn't important, why can't he (Fashola) change religion for the sake of politics and vice-presidential ambition?

You think you're making sense with what you wrote up there. Fashola has been the governor of Lagos state for 8 years, please tell me how he has incited religion in his governance in Lagos state.

If we apply religion to governance, we will never achieve much as a nation, and that is exactly the problem we are facing now.

Well, Fashola is not one of those rogues that will sell you lies as you want. It is left for you to use your head.

I don't think you are daft as some of the GEJ zombies. It's a shame that you, Acidosis will let religion wear your intelligence agbada with lawani.

I'm not a muslim. Religion won't save Nigeria come trouble.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by bcomputer101: 9:32am On Oct 25, 2014
Take a look at Mainstreet Bank Mobile Banking application on this thread... Just the best among Mobile banking applications.

www.nairaland.com/1965974/view-photo-news-mainstreet-bank
Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by Acidosis(m): 9:40am On Oct 25, 2014
mrofficial:

You think you're making sense with what you wrote up there. Fashola has been the governor of Lagos state for 8 years, please tell me how he has incited religion in his governance in Lagos state.

If we apply religion to governance, we will never achieve much as a nation, and that is exactly the problem we are facing now.

Well, Fashola is not one of those rogues that will sell you lies as you want. It is left for you to use your head.

I don't think you are daft as some of the GEJ zombies. It's a shame that you, Acidosis will let religion wear your intelligence agbada with lawani.

I'm not a muslim. Religion won't save Nigeria come trouble.

Religion is important, that's the point. If people could change political parties like "undies", why can't they do same with religion?

An Ibo man will never become the governor of Oyo state; it is not bigotry; but a fact. Nigerians will never accept a muslim-muslim or a Christian-Christian or a Hausa-Hausa or a Yoruba-Yoruba president/vice-president.

You can't tell me that a muslim-muslim combination like Buhari-Fashola is the best a country of 160million people can deliver?

Where are the over 80million Christians? Is Fashola better than All?

Fashola is Fashola because he has access to a state like Lagos with so much multinationals, productive people and of course, large resources. The fact that other governors in states like Ekiti, Jigawa, Kwara, Ogun, Katsina aren't making headlines in Lagos based TV channels do not signify failure in other states. We need to get these facts right.

There is little Fashola can do in Aso rock.

9 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by Caseless: 10:36am On Oct 25, 2014
JosephsDestiny:
Going to the Senate in 2015 and then coming out to contest the presidential election in 2019 may be possible but still an herculean task. The shortest route to the Presidency and the wisest political move by Fashola and the APC should be him serving as the Vice President with Gen. Buhari as President, that is if they win the 2015 election. Then will he be able to tender a credential that is superior to any other candidate in 2019 because he most certainly will be the de facto President for the 4 years Buhari will serve as President, considering the age and intellectual depth of Gen. Buhari. It's still a long shot though, but I believe Fashola would be a great President if given a chance. What is needed is for various interests and power blocs within the APC and beyond to contain and set aside their interests for the collective interest. All in all, it should be a case of putting forward your best 'hand and brain' and I think Buhari and Fashola fit perfectly into these category respectively.
GBAM!!!
Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by Gbawe: 11:18am On Oct 25, 2014
CFCfan:
The recent body language of Lagos State governor, Babatunde Fashola, suggests he wants nothing to do with being a running mate to either Buhari or Atiku. Instead, Fashola may likely seek a Senatorial nomination; and he is a sure bet to win both the Senatorial primary and the February general election.

However, if the APC loses the presidential election, I wouldn't mind a Senator Fashola becoming the APC presidential nominee for the 2019 election. By then, his combined 8 years as a governor, and 4 years as a Senator should be adequate experience needed to run for the highest office in the land.

Bro, I think this is wrong. If anything, the accusation is that Fashola is very keen to be VP candidate to Buhari. Analysed pragmatically, one has to conclude why not? Without beating about the bush, and because I am talking to a Nairalander I believe has always shown an ability to rise above sentiments and view issues pragmatically, we all know all the events of the past few years have dovetailed to mean the APC will go with a Northern candidate as the best chance of the opposition to defeat a highly unscrupulous and failed incumbent.

Buhari is immensely popular and his outing last time for a new Party (CPC) was esepcially impressive considering Ribadu split the votes against a President who had Nigerian and universal goodwill and "fresh air" momentum behind him. Even Fashola , given we all credit him with intelligence and vision, will know Buhari is the right fit for 2015. The North has suffered immensely under GEJ and is in no mood for 'more of the same'. The region wants GEJ out more than any other in Nigeria. Who best to deliver the Northern vote than the most electorally popular individual in the region i.e Buhari?

We then come to the game-changing South-West. If the immensely popular and much-loved Fashola is VP to Buhari, this can be the combination that delivers the pivotal SW for the APC when we all know and accept the North is Buhari's for the taking. Fashola is one of the few candidate capable of making many in the SW overlook their reservation about Buhari to massively vote APC. Fashola, as many Nigerians want, is then virtually guaranteed the Presidency after a Buhari regime I personally suspect would be one term of 4 years. If Buhari emerges the APC candidate then I thinkt he will nominate Fashola as his VP. You are talking about the Senate for Fashola but I believe you don't understand Fashola is now a global force who can ask for any office universally. The man knows his own worth and the immense universal goodwill he commands. You think Fashola will be happy to go and sit in the Senate frustratedly playing impotent pen-pusher, at the mercy of others, when he is now someone used to making real administrative input that makes a difference and transforms how people live? Bro, I doubt it. VP is the only role I see Fashola desiring and deserving.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by Daresh(f): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2014
If Fashola comes out for President, I would vote for him. However if he comes out as VP for Atiku or Buhari, I will not vote. Buhari and Atiku are THIEVES. Buhari is even the worst. Never ever try to vote for that man

1 Like

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by honeric01(m): 10:55am On Oct 26, 2014
Daresh:
If Fashola comes out for President, I would vote for him. However if he comes out as VP for Atiku or Buhari, I will not vote. Buhari and Atiku are THIEVES. Buhari is even the worst. Never ever try to vote for that man

Unintelligent comment IMO.

Buhari is a thief because?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by chamboy(m): 11:02am On Oct 26, 2014
honeric01:

because dey told her his a thief...Nigerians n deir ignorance

3 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by chamboy(m): 11:03am On Oct 26, 2014
if GEJ enters 2015, ppl with genuine love for this nation would give up n it would b some oda clueless buddy after

2 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by honeric01(m): 11:35am On Oct 26, 2014
chamboy:
because dey told her his a thief...Nigerians n deir ignorance

A trait from uneducated /uncivilized people

3 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by whytfaz(m): 12:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
Oshiomole and fashola (either one as president and vp) combination will be perfect tho[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by phantom(m): 1:04pm On Oct 26, 2014
honeric01:

A trait from uneducated /uncivilized people
exactly!!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin....forgetting that the only military regime during which this contry had a semblance of sanity and discipline was during buharis. a regime where we ACTUALLY SAW THE BODY LANGUAGE AND ACTIONS of a head of state serious about curbing corruption but unfortunately,in nigeria,his tribe and religion makes nonsense of all that. sad sad

1 Like

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by PapiWata: 1:14pm On Oct 26, 2014
It is a given fact that current Lagos State Governor Raji Fashola will rise via electoral mandate, to the position of Nigeria's president, and this may occur far sooner than even the most optimistic supporter of the great man would ever anticipate.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by Daresh(f): 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2014
honeric01:

Are you for real?
Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by ollyboy009(m): 3:52pm On Oct 26, 2014
Daresh:
This is why it will take centuries for nigeria to meet up with the 2nd worlds not to talk of the first. A country whose youths follow "them say" instead of inculcating a change mentality and take their destiny to their hands. I am sure you cant evidently say anything abt those two personalities. How old are you by the way? SMH

2 Likes

Re: Fashola For President In 2019? by honeric01(m): 4:02pm On Oct 26, 2014
Daresh:

Are you for real?

Is the question too hard to answer?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facts About The National E-id Card / Transcript Of Buhari's Interview On Channeltv's "Politics Today" / Parallel Government: Open Letter To Governor Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.