Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,134 members, 7,807,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? (1268 Views)

List Of Presidential Candidate And Their Qualifications. / Hon. Dakuku Peterside: The House Of Representative Candidate And His Political M / Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by Zocken: 6:33am On Oct 25, 2014
If the revised electoral law is strictly adhered to, the next General elections will be held in February, 2015. That's in less than 4 months. Already, a flurry of political activities have dominated the nation's political sphere,such as declarations, defections, alignments and realignments, to mention a few. I have always held the belief that we, as citizens, are all stakeholders in the Nigerian project, regardless if our expectations have been met or hopes dashed by our political leaders.

To remain passive in the political developments of our dear country is tantamount to accepting whatever fate that befall us. Agreed that we cannot all play politics, but, we can play a part in the political process. We can play a part by exercising our franchises through voting and by enlightening others, thereby assisting them to make an informed choice. Some of us see things from a particular point of view and may change our minds if we are better informed. This medium provides a platform for learning and getting enlightened.

I consider it safe to state that the leading presidential candidates for the next election under the major political platforms of of the PDP and APC include the incumbent, President Goodluck Jonathan, General Muhammadu Buhari, Atiku Abubakar, Rabiu Kwakwanso, Nda- Isaiah and a host of others. While some of us have our preferred candidates among these personalities, some are undecided yet. I would like fellow "forumites" to tell us his/her preferred presidential candidate and the reasons behind the choice. Who knows, your reason might be helpful to others, while this thread and indeed Nairaland might be a reference point for opinion polls, arising from your responses, which could even help in advancing academic research.

Please note that I'm not a politician and I don't intend to turn this thread into a political campaign ground. It is purely for our enlightenment and to also provide a platform for political education. MODS, please be on guard for any violation of rules.
Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by Kimmo(f): 6:37am On Oct 25, 2014
Buhari. It's time we had a MAN on that seat.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by Onmason(m): 7:50am On Oct 25, 2014
Buhari, Buhari, Buhari multiplied by 200 million! Reason? Selfless, disciplined, focused and accountable leadership qualities.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by velly001(m): 10:08am On Oct 25, 2014
Kimmo:
Buhari. It's time we had a MAN on that seat.
buhari?

I fink it high time we stopped lookin @ or following this over aged politicians who dont wanna give space for younger generation. . .
Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by Kimmo(f): 10:24am On Oct 25, 2014
velly001:
buhari?

I fink it high time we stopped lookin @ or following this over aged politicians who dont wanna give space for younger generation. . .

I agree. But I'm yet to see a suitable young person who's a better candidate than Buhari. His political history is somewhat warped, but having tasted GEJ's tenure? I'd rather have him.
Now, if someone like Fashola were to run, I'd have a different opinion about this.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by saqo(m): 11:26am On Oct 25, 2014
Buhari because I see him as the best candidate among the present contenders

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by Zocken: 11:45am On Oct 25, 2014
velly001:
buhari?

why not tell us whom you prefer and why?
Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by Amanwulu1(m): 11:51am On Oct 25, 2014
my late father. @op Pls help me get a bank dat'll lend me money to purchase form we go pay wen my late papa gets to power. At least he can't die in power out of old age or sikness since he is dead already.
Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by richeso: 12:04pm On Oct 25, 2014
Fashola is good to Go.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 25, 2014
Buhari is the right man for the job...because the Disciplinarian we knw is better dan the angel who has failed.... Buhari -fashola is the best thing that can eva happen to nigeria in this time of crisis... Let us usher in a new style of governance, a new party, a new leadership... No more boko haram, no more 40billion dollars missing frm nnpc, no more corruption, no more laziness in civil service..... The mandate of leadership belongs to we the people... So its high time we make use our power to install what is good for our country nigeria....ni support buhari..... Buharu buhari buhari..... Join the train of buhari, because if u join the flight of jonathan, u wil crash....

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by Macelliot(m): 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2014
Allah Akbar: God's willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country".- Gen. Buhari [2001].
Say NO to the Islamisation of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by Lordlexyy: 1:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
velly001:
buhari?

Agree, but how has the younger generation entrusted so far with political responsible performed? E.g Farouk Lawal, Demeji Bankole, Goodluck Jonathan, Fani, Stella Odua, Dino Melaye, the house of reps. from Benue state, Obasanjo's dauther, Labaran Maku et al. How many of these suppose youth had really stood out? They had the opportunity to imprint their names in the sand of time and in gold but failed woefully by joining the bandwagon of corrupt people in gov't, except for Nuhu Ribadu depite the danger and temptation of his previous post or office had proved incorruptible. Politically, Buhari remains light ahead if we are serious about checkmating corruption and its appearance.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by LFJ: 1:13pm On Oct 25, 2014
GMB a man of honor and integrity. With Buhari in power, the ridiculous statement such as mere stealing is what people are calling corruption will be a thing of past.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by CharliParker: 1:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
It is time we try this man BUHARI, forget about Religion this is Nigeria and not Biafra so lets be realistic, he is a humble man i have examined.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by Zocken: 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2014
Looks like every commentator so far is routing for Buhari. Hmmmn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by chamboy(m): 2:08pm On Oct 25, 2014
Buhari ni oo Our Anti virus...... forget that Young ideology

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by velly001(m): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
Zocken:

why not tell us whom you prefer and why?
i dont have any candidate yet. . cos they have failed us. . probably if new set comes out
Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by SHOPPERS(m): 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2014
Let both Buhari and Jonathan drop the ambition and I shall gladly vote.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by LFJ: 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2014
SHOPPERS:
Let both Buhari and Jonathan drop the ambition and I shall gladly vote.

The reality on ground as at today are these options. So your vote is out of equation and your opinion is not required here.
Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by velly001(m): 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
Lordlexyy:
Agree, but how has the younger generation entrusted so far with political responsible performed? E.g Farouk Lawal, Demeji Bankole, Goodluck Jonathan, Fani, Stella Odua, Dino Melaye, the house of reps. from Benue state, Obasanjo's dauther, Labaran Maku et al. How many of these suppose youth had really stood out? They had the opportunity to imprint their names in the sand of time and in gold but failed woefully by joining the bandwagon of corrupt people in gov't, except for Nuhu Ribadu depite the danger and temptation of his previous post or office had proved incorruptible. Politically, Buhari remains light ahead if we are serious about checkmating corruption and its appearance.
see also the likes of fashola,fayose. . . they are tryn. . Am not saying buhari wont do it or cant, what am saying is, when we dont plan for our nation tommorrow,then it cant be alright. If buhari gets there and after 8yrs max he leaves whats happens??
This set of people,esp those in pdp have been running political office for the past 2 - 3 decades, they have been @ one post in time or another. . when do they wanna train younger ones. . sum1 like atiku and buhari can be adviser for fashola,amechi and co. . likewise for pdp

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by velly001(m): 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2014
Lordlexyy:
well uv got a point there. . . this as it may happens to be cause birds of a feather. . .
There are younger political members who belong to this parties but dont getclose to those post, because the party thinks they would be a barricade to embezzling so they dont get close at all.. .
Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by LFJ: 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2014
velly001:

well uv got a point there. . . this as it may happens to be cause birds of a feather. . .
There are younger political members who belong to this parties but dont getclose to those post, because the party thinks they would be a barricade to embezzling so they dont get close at all.. .

The reality on ground today is that we have Jonathan and Buhari. And our option is limited. It is an option between the young who represent corruption and the old who is a good model of integrity. Our opinion is not counted based on reality on the ground.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by jdilight(m): 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2014
GEJ because the man came saw all the decay and rut, he went to work. In the mist of insult he set the pace for the economical transformation of Nigeria. From Agriculture, Transportation, Education, Manufacturing etc. In the history of this country, he is the only president who has not lost any sector of the economy rather he is rebuilding what our passed leaders destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by funshint(m): 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2014
Buhari-Fashola; that'll definitely be a combo to vote 4!

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by Kimikazi2: 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2014
GMB for life because presidency isn't meant for BOYS like GEJ who doesn't know his left from right. President Jonathan hasn't prosecuted anybody for corruption since he took up the mantle and like he said, " stealing is not corruption" then I wonder what corruption is. Over 200 girls are still missing, 'six month don waka', boko haram creates own caliphate and graduates died seeking non existent Immigration job after they have been conned of their 1000 naira. Seriously, can anybody give me a solid reason why' President' Goodluck Jonathan deserves a second term?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by deindejustice: 5:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
BUHARI all the way! Enough is enough! Nigerians are tired of a recycling mediocre government.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by chamboy(m): 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
Macelliot:
Allah Akbar: God's willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country".- Gen. Buhari [2001].
Say NO to the Islamisation of Nigeria.
sorry what is islamisation, is der anything like christianisation
Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by AMINU4(m): 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2014
sai buhari 2015.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by Chubhie: 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
Maybe Buhari and madam due process oby.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by nakamora: 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
GMB all the way. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Presidential Candidate And Why? by mrofficial(m): 11:59pm On Oct 25, 2014
My vote goes to Buhari.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Bomb Blast Hits Secondary School In Yobe, Many Feared Dead / Dr Alex Otti Dumps PDP And Picks APGA Nomination Forms / Editorial: “dipping The Koran Into The Sea”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.