Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (58756 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (98) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 8:18pm On Nov 15, 2008
Did anyone catch what was wrong with Terry's leg?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Mustay(m): 8:18pm On Nov 15, 2008
This half reminds me of Last season where a probability of one in ten shots gets in.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Mustay(m): 8:24pm On Nov 15, 2008
Champions league comes. . .match ends 3 nil
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Mustay(m): 8:25pm On Nov 15, 2008
Back to the top of the table - where we ought to be!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Mustay(m): 8:26pm On Nov 15, 2008
Irony is that West Brom goes down.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by lysaa(f): 8:39pm On Nov 15, 2008
nateevs:

You have not been here long enough to know understand what I was referring to. .There is a history behind what I wrote. .  Some people are going to read that and laugh . .

And Anelka just scored another lucky goal !!!!

WBA 0-3 Chelsea

oh i get. . those same olld stories from way back. wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by sillyboy(m): 9:19pm On Nov 15, 2008
Chelsea is buy Ferguson to sell Scotish pizza at Stamford Bridge, Benitez is to assist him with the pans.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dyabman(m): 1:32am On Nov 16, 2008
i'm missing Essien
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by mykali(m): 5:10pm On Nov 16, 2008
they shoulda scored more goals in the 2nd half.

Drogba's days look numbered.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by hayprof(m): 10:33pm On Nov 16, 2008
[center] grin UP BLUES grin

Na We Dey RAIN !![/center]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 6:16am On Nov 17, 2008
nairaland seems confused. what's wit all these adjustments?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Mustay(m): 6:56am On Nov 17, 2008
Pages over a hundred would be shredded.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by somze(f): 8:05am On Nov 17, 2008
Why this new thread?

Anyway, Nateevs, Ibime . . .

Was Anelka part of the starting line up that played with Roma, Man Utd and Liverpool? Did he play the full game? Why did we not see the goals? When will you guys just stop?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 10:30pm On Nov 17, 2008
somze:

Anyway, Nateevs, Ibime . . .

Was Anelka part of the starting line up that played with Roma, Man Utd and Liverpool? Did he play the full game? Why did we not see the goals? When will you guys just stop?

When will who stop? How ironic!

What you are doing is ignoring the obvious. . ! I am not going to get into the argument of Anelka or not. . but I am very sure time will tell when your argument will be absolutely ridiculous to state. .

Only you hates a player that's scored 12 premiership goals . . already in November. .
There's nothing bad in disliking a player when his performance does not merit a place on the team . . however aw do you explain extreme distaste for your club's player that's HGS in the league. .with 4 better than the next in line. . and with strong potential and oozing confidence to score more?

I bet if I told you Drogba would have scored a 2nd and a third if he had not been substituted against Burnley, you would have told me I was making perfect sense. .

I wonder what you'l then argue about if he goes ahead and gets a hat-trick against newcastle.

Oh! . . Lest I forget!!! How about the "Lucky Anelka thing"? you forgot to talk about that ! I'ld think you've seen the goals by now!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 5:22am On Nov 18, 2008
I have been quiet abt d nelka issue 4 too long and thats because i dont want my love 4 that lad imposed on anyone.

i have loved anelka since his days in man city. By nov 2005. Man city was d only team that beat us and anelka scored d goal (pen).

i needed people to like him naturally but it seems like that wont ever happen.
The guy has to be the luckiest MF to be d highest goal scorer with 12 goals in nov. Since people say he is just lucky with goals. Van nisterooy mostly scores within the box and at d end of peoples passes but he aint lucky, anelka is. How come adebayor isnt this lucky, or tevez or berbatov or torres. They gats to be selling luck somewhere.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by lalaboi(m): 7:00am On Nov 18, 2008
cabali:

I have been quiet about d nelka issue 4 too long and thats because i don't want my love 4 that lad imposed on anyone.

i have loved anelka since his days in man city. By nov 2005. Man city was d only team that beat us and anelka scored d goal (pen).

i needed people to like him naturally but it seems like that wont ever happen.
The guy has to be the luckiest MF to be d highest goal scorer with 12 goals in nov. Since people say he is just lucky with goals. Van nisterooy mostly scores within the box and at d end of peoples passes but he aint lucky, anelka is. How come adebayor isnt this lucky, or tevez or berbatov or torres. They gats to be selling luck somewhere.

when did anelka turn MF or u mean modafucker? lol

guyz, cool down na, anelka is finishing off our team efforts. thats why we have him there anyways,
he is not being lucky, the players around him are creating chances for him, and he's finishing them off.
sometimes i watch him play and am like, this guy is shittt!! he's bn reduce to play along with the team in chelsea, unlike at bolton where he almost makes all his goals by himself.
why da heck did we pay 15mills for him? to score goals,,,,,,,
exactly!!! so let him be! even if u think he's lucky
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Mustay(m): 9:03am On Nov 18, 2008
Being in the right place at the right time is what it's called
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dyabman(m): 9:31am On Nov 18, 2008
is this thread a new one or what?

anyway , as for me , Anelka is still wack! , he cant break through a solid defence which a rejuvenated Didier will do and tear apart , against manu,roma,liverpool anelka wont do anything. hes not strong enough , too slowwwwwwwwwwwww.

@Ibime

what up with the mikel toros , lol

I go catch u soon for that league oooooooo
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by somze(f): 10:05am On Nov 18, 2008
Nateevs,

I don't hate Anelka. He has been fortunate this season and I'm grateful. Deflections and mistakes are allowed as far as they end up in the back of the net.

The obvious and incontrovertible fact remains that he has been less fortunate when playing against stronger or more organised teams. Teams like ManU, Pool, Roma, Spurs. . .  Teams that Drogba single-handedly delivered to us time and time again. No doubt Anelka has profited greatly from Drogba's injuries and the new system. He has even been able to deliver against minute teams. These are acceptable standards for any striker. These are not special feats. These do not make him better than others who have achieved more at Chelsea. He still has a long road to travel and perhaps this season may be his chance to right numerous wrongs in his career. Let's face facts as facts when it comes to Anelka and leave sentiments aside.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by just2nice(m): 11:48am On Nov 18, 2008
If you say Anelka is not good,then how will you rate his second goal against West Brom?It was the most tiniest of gap but he found it and finished well.That is what playing regularly does to you.It gives you confidence and with his confidence and keen eye in front of goal coming back to him,I will wager that he will score a goal or two against Arsenal on November 30 to silence his "can't score in big games' critics.He just need time and support from the gaffer and since he is getting it,he is repaying Scolari's trust in him.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by wormedup(m): 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2008
somze:
Nateevs,I don't hate Anelka. He has been fortunate this season and I'm grateful. Deflections and mistakes are allowed as far as they end up in the back of the net.The obvious and incontrovertible fact remains that he has been less fortunate when playing against stronger or more organised teams. Teams like ManU, Pool, Roma, Spurs. . .  Teams that Drogba single-handedly delivered to us time and time again. No doubt Anelka has profited greatly from Drogba's injuries and the new system. He has even been able to deliver against minute teams. These are acceptable standards for any striker. These are not special feats. These do not make him better than others who have achieved more at Chelsea. He still has a long road to travel and perhaps this season may be his chance to right numerous wrongs in his career. Let's face facts as facts when it comes to Anelka and leave sentiments aside.
somze,from ur post anelka's not doing so differently from what c.ronaldo did last season.meanwhile, c.ronaldo is probably the best candidate in for the FIFA awards.
drogba played against man utd in may 2008 CL finals and he did nothing.
i can go on and call some other fixtures with "big" teams where he did nothing.
there are just 4 biggies in the epl, chelsea's one so we are left with 3 + 16 small teams.
the league is not decided with the outcome of encounters with the biggies; rather the smallies !!

lotta things going on here; nice !!
where's seun keeping the moved posts
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by niyooo(m): 12:14pm On Nov 18, 2008
Guys,

I agree with the peeps that say Anelka's doing well right now whether it's by chance or hard work. I think the name of the game is team work and if the other guys are creating the chances, the least Anelka can do is utilize those chances, though i still think Anelka goes missing in some games where we need him but let's hope he'll be able to overcome that timidity and perform for us in the really big games.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by somze(f): 1:06pm On Nov 18, 2008
Just2nice
If you say Anelka is not good . . .
Always try to understand lines of argument before posting.
Where did you get that from? Who said it? When was it said? How was it said?

Wormedup
Did Ronaldo score against teams like Roma, Chelsea and Spurs? Compare Ronaldo's effect on the team at the time, who was the better player? Give me a break jare.

Drogba hit the bar in that game - a solo effort out of no where that could have won the match. Drogba also was visible in the game with ManU before that one. The one with Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Valencia etc. Anelka was woefully absent in ALL of the games I mentioned earlier.

Niyooo
hough i still think Anelka goes missing in some games where we need him but let's hope he'll be able to overcome that timidity and perform for us in the really big games.
My point exactly!

Apparently these folks don't believe any of the big games in the EPL or Cup will be needed to win anything this season.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Tgirl4real(f): 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2008
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 3:17pm On Nov 18, 2008
what i care abt 4 now is that chelsea has a lotta goals this season and anelka's gat 12 of them. his goals against wba showed precision. if we get full points from all the small teams, do we need to beat the big 3? i dont think so. we are paying anelka 4 goals he is on top the strikers list 4 now so, so far so good.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2008
The fact is that Anelka's movement, pace and intelligence have been good for us in the small games. His movement is unparalleled by any striker in Europe except for maybe Ezequiel Lavezzi. Also, his movement is completely unslefish. He moves to create space for others, not even himself at times. He is the ultimate team player and as Wormy said, you do not necessarily need to perform in the big games to win the league. The reason he does not perform in the big games is simply because (a.) Space is tight and he is not physical enough, unlike Drogba (b.) He is timid.

Somze, you cannot judge Anelka on last season when he was playing left wing and right wing. He must be judged on this season alone and as far as I am concerned, he has done very well.

As for Drogba, we will need his physical presence in the big games because space is tight and you need to revert to strong-arm tactics. However, I do not see a place for Drogba in the small games. He lacks the movement, intelligence and first touch to blend with the new system. We will not score as many goals as a team with Drogba spearheading the attack. My Saturdays have been stress-free recently. By half time, we are usually winning by 3 goals, unlike the HBP I used to have last season, right until the very last minute of the game. I would like to keep it that way please - and Anelka's intelligence, first touch and movement are one of the major reasons. Drogba cannot link up! The ball breaks down at his feet all the time. We are no longer playing long-ball football, therefore his relevance to the team is declining. We have to stay ahead of the curve and stop harking back to yesterdays heroes.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by tkb417(m): 6:49pm On Nov 18, 2008
Somze
what do u want in a striker?
12 goals so far? thats no mean feat bros
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2008
@Somze. .

There's no sentiment. . I am not telling you Anelka is the best Striker in the world . . but as Ibime will testify, this argument started with who fits the system better. . and the simple truth is Anelka. . If you think that is sentimental. . then pick up some review DVDs . . .

Anelka had the chance to create a hat-trick for himself against West-brom . . Instead he decided to make a chance for Deco to score. . even the commentators said they do not know any striker that'l not try to be selfish in the circumstance. .

His movement, first touch control . . and the way he brings players into space is great. . In short flow is continous when he plays. .

I quite agree Drogba single handedly brought home some games. . but I hope you haven't forgotten the Drogba we used to call Durogba! Tell me one Chelsea fan liked this guy in his first season and I' call that person a hypocrite. . So Drogba did not find his 30-goal a season once he came . . but now he's pretty much riding on the confidence boost Muorinho's style gave him. .

What is happening to Anelka now is just the same. . took some time to get in. . a stlye emerges that suites him and he's flourishing. . Maybe he'l get two goals against Arsenal and that'l kick-start his big-match reign. .

And I do not subject to this "we need Drogba to win big games". . which PL team needs and uses Drogba to win their big games. . Liverpool have beaten ManU and us. . Arsenal have beaten ManU . . I do not see any of them using a drogba-like striker for any of those feats. . Now while I am not saying do not use Drogba. . I am saying he is not the holy grail to winning big matches. . Like WORMY said . . I can't count many matches against Big teams Drogba could not score. .

For now Anelka is on form . . Let's enjoy the ride. . . if tomorrow, he fails to cut it again . . we go for another striker . .that's it. .

Plus Drogba just got himself a 3 match ban. . putting him out for the Newcastle, Arsenal and Bolton games. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 10:24pm On Nov 18, 2008
Anyone else talk againgst drogba on this thread is grounded.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by niyooo(m): 10:41pm On Nov 19, 2008
@ Cabali see as u chase efribody comot thread!! shocked Okay may the persecution of Drogba continue so the thread wont be so dry. Anyway having said that I think we should still give honour to whom it is due and even if we'll argue that Drogba is better than Anelka we must thank Anelka for contributing a large chunk to the wonderful goal difference we are currently enjoying in the premiership.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dyabman(m): 11:18pm On Nov 19, 2008
very good,

Drogba handed the ban that is expected, oh dare gallas and silvestre , Drogba wont play. cry cry cry
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Tapiya(m): 8:42am On Nov 20, 2008
We Blue Even for Blood.

Lets leave this Jealous guys Jare, they do not have the 100% record we try say we keep am real, when they are not perfect then they should not expect Perfection from anyone.

We Blue Even for Blood
[color=#000099][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (98)

Manchester United Vs Atlanta UCL (3 - 2) On 20th October 2021 / Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 25th February 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.