Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,987 members, 7,806,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (58762 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 4:39pm On Jan 30, 2009
FBS:

are you worried about us? you should be more concerned about your position right now or are you guys aiming for the new Europa cup (soon to be former uefa cup) spot? wink
You don't 'aim' for where you already are - we are going to end the season in the top 4, nuff said.

I see that chants of 'the premiership is blue' have decreased around here. . . .nateevs where is your faith? grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 5:25pm On Jan 30, 2009
the premiership is incredibly RED possible winners 1. manchester united 2. arsenal 3. liverpool 4.aston villa 5. everton, 6-10 any team apart from chelsea THE END IS COME FOR THE BLUES---------the god of soccer is not for you----------since the banana peel terry 's bumb miss and the sack of the decendant of david----avram grant------the team has been marked for doom.

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 5:51pm On Jan 30, 2009
Just passing a bit of information about the refreshing celebration by Drogba and Kalou on Wednesday:

[center]FA To Investigate Kalou & Drogba's Chelsea Celebrations[/center]

Chelsea forwards Salomon Kalou and Didier Drogba could be in trouble, as the Football Association are set to launch an enquiry into their gestures whilst celebrating Chelsea goals against Middlesbrough yesterday evening.

Kalou scored both goals in the 2-0 Stamford Bridge victory over the Teessiders, and celebrated them alongside fellow Ivorian Drogba by making a crossed fist, 'handcuffs' type gesture, which was widely believed to be a reference to activist Antoine Assale Tiemoko, recently freed from a year-long jail term in the Ivory Coast.

A Chelsea spokesman was quick to refute such speculation though, claiming that the gesture was perfectly harmless.

"Salomon says there was nothing in it," The London Evening Standard reports the spokesman as saying.

"He was just trying out a new celebration and it was a crossing of the arms. He also sometimes puts his hand over his face like a mask."

The FA do not take kindly to gestures, political or otherwise, made by players celebrating goals. Players were banned from making any political statements on the pitch in 2002, and players such as Tim Cahill, who showed support for his jailed brother last year with a similar 'handcuff' gesture after scoring a goal, received fierce censure and criticism from various significant personalities, including the police officer investigating his brother's case.

Kalou was at pains to stress that his gesture was merely an innocent expression of joy.

"People are always going to think there is something in what you do, but it didn’t mean anything," he told Setanta Sports.

"I was just happy. I don’t even know the guy – it has nothing to do with football. It wasn’t for him, I don’t know him so I don’t know why I should celebrate for him?"

Despite the denials from club and player, the FA will still investigate the matter, and will examine the incident closely using television images.

"We are going to look at the relevant footage," an FA spokesman confirmed earlier.

Antoine Assalé Tiémoko

The Writers in Prison Committee of International PEN protests the one-year prison sentence imposed on activist Antoine Assalé Tiémoko on charges of ‘libel' and ‘contempt of court' on 4 January 2008. International PEN considers Tiémko's imprisonment to be in direct contravention of his right to freedom of expression and calls for his immediate and unconditional release.

Antoine Assalé Tiémoko, activist and occasional contributor to the daily Le Nouveau Réveil, was arrested on 28 December 2007. On 14 December 2007, the newspaper had published an opinion piece by Tiémoko on judicial corruption, entitled ‘Justice, criminals, and corruption'. In the piece, Tiémoko used an imaginary country called Mastodon Coast, as well as coded words and innuendo, to question the Ivorian minister of justice (whose photo accompanied the piece), the state prosecutor, and various judges, and to accuse them of corruption.

Tiémoko was condemned to one year in prison for ‘libelling the prosecutor's office' and ‘contempt of court' on 4 January 2008, and is serving his prison sentence in Abdijan prison. According to Reporters Without Borders, he did not produce any evidence to support his allegations during his trial. An activist and the president of the association MVPC (Ma vie est dans ma prise de conscience), which fights against unemployment and social injustice, Tiémoko is not a journalist but has apparently been given a prison sentence simply for expressing his opinion in print.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Cristalz(f): 6:00pm On Jan 30, 2009
Too early to write Chelsea off IMO, after all they are only 2 points behind us.  .  .

Guys make you draw with 'em Scousers. Roman won't fire Phil if he does, after all Anfield is tough cheesy

Next the FA will stop players from celebrating altogether when they score. . .
Perhaps they should just make a rule book already listing unacceptable manners of celebration e.g
1)Don't dance makossa on the pitch unless you're incredibly good at it.  .  .the fans have to get complete value for their money.

2)Don't cross your hands at all, whether you are fisting them or fluttering the fingers like Anelka/Yakubu's style.  .  .etc etc.
cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 7:00pm On Jan 30, 2009
CHELSEA IS GOING TO HAVE A VERY VERY BAD FEBRUARY------IT IS TAGGED THE BLACK FEB STARTING WITH LIVERPOOL-----then elimination from champions ;league and dropping points seriously in their next five league games-----------let them climd to the second spot now---the higher they climb today the bigger the fall . starting from sunday

kalou and drogba should get 3 match ban for that cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 7:04pm On Jan 30, 2009
Better pesin like Cristalz dey yarn, this Switch47 virus just enter thread.

Cristalz, abeg is this guy one of you scumtwats? Abeg warn am o!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by HNIC(m): 7:08pm On Jan 30, 2009
Cristalz:

Next the FA will stop players from celebrating altogether when they score. . .
Perhaps they should just make a rule book already listing unacceptable manners of celebration e.g
1)Don't dance makossa on the pitch unless you're incredibly good at it.  .  .the fans have to get complete value for their money.

2)Don't cross your hands at all, whether you are fisting them or fluttering the fingers like Anelka/Yakubu's style.  .  .etc etc.
cheesy

Silly FA.
Think they have lost the plot!
Like u said, they should come out with some rules on how to celebrate and how not to,
Rubbish
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 30, 2009
Cristalz, what kind of rule is that? What about the celebration style of Robinho (feeding baby) and CR-7? One day players will celebrate with one finger in the air.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 7:17pm On Jan 30, 2009
Ibime:

Better pesin like Cristalz dey yarn, this Switch47 virus just enter thread.

Cristalz, abeg is this guy one of you scumtwats? Abeg warn am o!

pls no vex o grin  i hear say chelsea dey pray for draw on sunday- scolari wants a draw------he has also included penalty training to their training schedule------is it forl iverpool game or agaist second leg last burialPART 2 against JUVENTUS TO PREVENT BANANA PEEL TERRY FROM SLIPPING-----scolari must be confused---make heart attack no kill am o-------well i dvise all chelsea fans to declare 3 days fasting and prayer to reduce the goal margn of their defeat to ----em--- like 2---to avoid the kind of 3-0 destroction at OT!!

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 8:02pm On Jan 30, 2009
CHELSEA HAS DECLARED THAT THEY WILL DO ALL THEY CAN TO GET A DRAW AT ANFIELD BUT THAT IT WILL BE EXTREEMLY DIFFICULT TASK-------SCOLARI IS SO CONfUSED HE IS INVOLVING 70% PENALTY TRAINING FURTHER RAISING FEARS IN THEIR CAMP THAT HE IS LOSING IT--------MEANWHILE MIKEL OBI (ON HIS WAY TO KIRIKIRILONDON PRISON FOR STEALING OKOCHAS PHONE AND DRUNK DRIVING SAYS CHELSEA FANS SHOULD FAST AND PRAY THAT SINCE IT IS SETTLED THAT THEY WILL DEFINITELY LOSE THAT THERE SHOULD BE FASTING THAT THE GOAL MARGIN IN THEIR DEFEAT SHOULD NOT EXCEED ONE OR TWO   please let us all join them in prayers that the goals should not be more than three.

[meanwhile RAFA has been recieving congratulatory messages from many quaters including sir Alex Feggie and even the FA for the surest fixture of the season -that after many draws that this obvious mis- match will be a welcome development for the reds the FA has also sent a consolatory message to chelsea saying they have gotten a fair share of playing dumB (FIVE STRAIGHT WINS AGINST division two and three clubs / relegation threatened teams like stoke and boro to give them the confidence needed to avoid too many goals against them and a goal feast for the reds and  former EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS

link-https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;topic=196587.3072;num_replies=3080
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Cristalz(f): 8:17pm On Jan 30, 2009
@Ibime

LOL grin I'm not sure which camp he belongs, but if it's mine then embarassed embarassed

@dason4life

I was just ribbing the FA with those rules 'cos I think they(FA) are plain ridiculous sometimes. When players are ecstatic over a goal they do all sorts of things in their joy. . .not all of them mean anything by whatever it is they do but the FA assumes everybody is guilty.
So they should make a celebration-style rule book and have all players memorize it cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2009
Cristalz:

@Ibime

LOL grin[b] I'm not sure which camp he belongs, but if it's mine then[/b] embarassed embarassed

@dason4life

I was just ribbing the FA with those rules 'cos I think they(FA) are plain ridiculous sometimes. When players are ecstatic over a goal they do all sorts of things in their joy. . .not all of them mean anything by whatever it is they do but the FA assumes everybody is guilty.
So they should make a celebration-style rule book and have all players memorize it cheesy

please kindly ignore switch47 he is not worth the trouble----with all his dumb childish posts.

[meanwhile RAFA has been recieving congratulatory messages from many quaters including sir Alex Feggie and even the FA for the surest fixture of the season -that after many draws that this obvious mis- match will be a welcome development for the reds the FA has also sent a consolatory message to chelsea saying they have gotten a fair share of playing dumB (FIVE STRAIGHT WINS AGINST division two and three clubs / relegation threatened teams like stoke and boro to give them the confidence needed to avoid too many goals against them and a goal feast for the reds and former EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2009
Truth of the matter drogba celebration

KALOU AND DROGBA ARE UNDER PROBE FROM THE FA OVER THE WAY THEY CELERATED--------THEY SCORED AN UNEXPECTED GOAL AGAINST BORO THEM CELEBRATED TO THE EXTENT THAT FA IS PROBING THEM--------celebrate goal against relegation threatened boro so tay FA dey prob them dem carry (imaginary)hand cuff enter field------HOW WILL THEY CELEBRATE IF THE MANAGE TO SCORE JUVENTUS?? THE WHOLE 11 PLAYERS WILL DANCE NAKED carry machine gun begin shoot!!   grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 9:22pm On Jan 30, 2009
Transfer News. . .

Chelsea have snapped up 17 year old Turkish Youth international Gokhan Tore on a three-and-a-half-year deal from Bayer Leverkusen. . .

Way to go Chelsea
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 9:24pm On Jan 30, 2009
@Debo,

Nothing do me. . . It's Chelsea's premiership still. . . . don't mind ManU. . . It's all gimmicks!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 1:45am On Jan 31, 2009
Transfer News. . .

Chelsea rejects bid from Manchester city for John Terry. . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 1:59am On Jan 31, 2009
They should accept it jo. . . . Terry back don break
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 31, 2009
@ Mod,
U people ought to do someething about this Switch guy.
He's wasting our space. Maybe u ought to ban him.

As for the Ivorians celebration, nothing to it. The FA makes too much noise about nothing
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 10:26am On Jan 31, 2009
Ibime:

They should accept it jo. . . . Terry back don break

Beside leadership qualities, Terry is not the same Terry we knew again.

If Rio could cost £30m, England captain would cost more. Say £50m grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 10:30am On Jan 31, 2009
@All

Where is Razoor?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 10:49am On Jan 31, 2009
@Ibime

So we drop points at home because of Referees?

I thought you say this man dont complain.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/30/dominic-fifield-and-mike-adamson-on-luiz-felipe-scolari-rant-on-biased-referees

"Yes. Away from home, (it is) no problem, but at Stamford Bridge, every time. Look at the statistics. Have we had any penalties until now? The other teams? 10, 12, 15? Any players red carded against my team? No. Look at what my team receives and what other teams get here."

And what the actual statistics says

Chelsea have only been awarded one penalty at home all season – against Portsmouth – but so, too, have United, Arsenal and Liverpool.

and

Indeed, Chelsea have not conceded a league spot-kick since new year's day, 2008. Furthermore, the Carling Opta statistics indicate that opponents are shown on average two yellow cards per match at Stamford Bridge, which is actually more than opponents receive at Old Trafford (1.cool and Anfield (1.45).

Mr, just be honourable and say we have failed because we dont have plan B and you caused most wahala bothering us.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 11:42am On Jan 31, 2009
Akolawole:

Beside leadership qualities, Terry is not the same Terry we knew again.

If Rio could cost £30m, England captain would cost more. Say £50m grin

I will be surprised if Terry costs more than £10 million.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by swiitch47: 11:46am On Jan 31, 2009
WHHHHHHHeen

CR7 and AlEX    leAVe DEVils  CluBNA pple Like Dis CHINNNKoooo   Go REmaiN

MAn U will Be buried
 cool cool grin grin grin grin

SwiTcH 47, U TWin Dey Hail o

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 11:58am On Jan 31, 2009
@Sauron

Terry is England captain

Terry is white British unlike Rio

Terry was not raised in Peckham grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by swiitch47: 12:09pm On Jan 31, 2009
rIO iS deAD and BurieD alONg witH reD DeVIls grin grin grin

SWitcH 47, I HaIL cool cool cool cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 12:14pm On Jan 31, 2009
Akolawole:

@Sauron
Terry is England captain

David Beckham was the England Captain when Rio became the highest transfer in England.
Becks is white and Rio is black.

Terry is white British unlike Rio

Terry is FINISHED. . . . .If this was 2004-2006, i would say Terry's value should be about 40 milla.
This is 2008. . . . . .

Terry was not raised in Peckham grin

Robinho was raised in Brazil in abject poverty and he is still the most expensive player in the PREM
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 12:19pm On Jan 31, 2009
Countdown To Scholari's 5th Big game lipsrsealed

Recall we have lost all but draw one game in all big games this season.

Now he's the time to know where we dey go.

I cannot accept a loss again from rivals.

Anfield is wahala for us in champions league but we've been good there in the league.

Even Avram Grant get good result against Pool let alone Chief Jose mourinho tongue

Our best record over there was our 4-1 win.

The expected worse result is a draw.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 12:23pm On Jan 31, 2009
~Sauron~:

David Beckham was the England Captain when Rio became the highest transfer in England.
Becks is white and Rio is black.

Terry is FINISHED. . . . .If this was 2004-2006, i would say Terry's value should be about 40 milla.
This is 2008. . . . . .

Robinho was raised in Brazil in abject poverty and he is still the most expensive player in the PREM

White british are believed to be a good brand for companies. How many advert has Rio done?

Maybe Marijuana sales in Brixton or Holloway road.

Yes, Terry is not the same Terry. cry cry cry
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 1:32pm On Jan 31, 2009
Akolawole:

White british are believed to be a good brand for companies. How many advert has Rio done?

Which brand?? How many commercial ads have you seen John Terry on??
Ads are about fame and faces. . . . .Lewis Hamilton is black and he has been in more commercial ads than Lampard or any white trash.

Rio has a better credentials than Terry. . . . . . .Rio has a champions league medal under his belt!!!
He has a higher market value than JT.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2009
Akolawole:

O boy, old stereotypes are over. Na black dey reign for jand these days. Every nicca from Tiger Woods to Michael Jordan to Lewis Hamilton to Barrack Obama is proving a formidable success.

Ferdinand has always had more commerical value than Terry. Terry is a well known gambler.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 3:21pm On Jan 31, 2009
RIO  originally scouted by FRANK LAMPARD senior  [color=#990000][/color]is a formidable star anyday commercial wise and on the pitch to the red devils,has been named in the last three England World Cup squads (albeit without playing in 1998) the only thing is that strikers/mid fielders always have the edge------even at that RIO is up up up there AS A FORMIDABLE BRAND attraction to companies.

AS i post 10 man stoke city leads  money bag  MAN CITY  by a goal.

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 3:32pm On Jan 31, 2009
Hey guys, what has been the goings-on around here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98)

Manchester United Vs Atlanta UCL (3 - 2) On 20th October 2021 / Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 25th February 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.