Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? (56797 Views)

How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning / Brake Failure While Driving: What Should Drivers Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by ogawisdom(m): 7:33am On Oct 25, 2014
This thread is motivated by the thread where a lecturer who ran to the police station after killing 5 pupil while trying to dodge a trailer was brought out from the police station and killed by angry mobs angry undecided. What did this man do wrong for God's sake it's an accident.

Now in this thread I want us to discuss d correct thing to b done if one finds himself in this situation as a Nigerian driver to avoid being killed like the lecturer above while showing some care for d one u hit ie assuming he/she is still alive n needs medical attention.

Ultimately drop one or two hints on how to avoid finding one's self in this situation.

Let's see what works in naija, though our diaspora bro and sis are welcomed.

My observation is that the driver is always wrong even if the person is practically lying down on the road. The driver is always accused of over speeding by everyone around even though the person hit was careless.

To avoid this situation as a driver I pay special attention to all road users while driving especially pedestrians; the most vulnerable are children, mad people, drunk people, agboro people, frustrated people looking for who to kill them, rioters, church crusade groups, other groups on the road to advertise something, and elderly ppl (their sense of judgement on the road is very poor and sometimes they are unaware they are on the road.

165 Likes 16 Shares

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by colossus2: 7:44am On Oct 25, 2014
Listen to your conscience or whatever your mind tells you to do ATM

5 Likes

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by 2legit2qwt: 7:47am On Oct 25, 2014
The moral thing to do is to call for help and save as many lives as possible. You could be charged with manslaughter if you run away.

2 Likes

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:47am On Oct 25, 2014
In the nigerian setting there is no straight answer to this problem.

Hit and run is a crime, hit and don't run is a sin (against ur self naija only).

My advice is when running if you see a small police post, don't stop, keep moving until you can get to a well fortified police station or army barracks to turn your self in (make sure you turn your self in)
. No matter what happens worst case scenario accident resulting in manslaughter slap on the wrist settle the police and the family of the one you killed and move on with life.

111 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by ramdris(m): 7:51am On Oct 25, 2014
If u r Sure d person died, don't stop bt rather drive to d nearest police station and report yourself cos stopping might get u mobbed. Bt if u feel d person is still alive,stop and take to d nearest hospital and Later report to the nearest police station as well.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by 2legit2qwt: 7:54am On Oct 25, 2014
GAZZUZZ:
In the nigerian setting there is no straight answer to this problem.

Hit and run is a crime, hit and don't run is a sin (against ur self naija only).

My advice is when running if you see a small police post, don't stop, keep moving until you can get to a well fortified police station or army barracks to turn your self in (make sure you turn your self in)
. No matter what happens worst case scenario accident resulting in manslaughter slap on the wrist settle the police and the family of the one you killed and move on with life.

WOW! Dude! I'm speechless.. You encourage him to leave the victim/s even if there was the possibility of him saving someone. Then you talk about bribing your way out of the situation and then "move on with life" undecided That's why the country is fuked up

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by ogawisdom(m): 8:00am On Oct 25, 2014
2legit2qwt:

WOW! Dude! I'm speechless.. You encourage him to leave the victim/s even if there was the possibility of him saving someone. Then you talk about bribing your way out of the situation and then "move on with life" undecided That's why the country is fuked up

My bros we r discussin wat works in nigeria nt elsewhere hw can u explain d fact dt a man can b brought out frm a police station and killed by angry mobs. Dt can only happen in naija hence we seek nigerian solution to nigerian problems tongue

295 Likes 13 Shares

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 25, 2014
ramdris:
If u r Sure d person died, don't stop bt rather drive to d nearest police station and report yourself cos stopping might get u mobbed. Bt if u feel d person is still alive,stop and take to d nearest hospital and Later report to the nearest police station as well.

You'll be mobbed by the nearest mobs. If you knocked someone in Kano city, go to Kastina or Jigawa and report. Then and only then would you be 'a bit safe' when you're done, change the colour of your car paint or sell off the car before coming into Kano City again or else na GOBE!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by Frankdamaxx(m): 8:07am On Oct 25, 2014
Some pedestrians are careless. I am very wary of okada's when I drive. I tell my friends that if any Okada man makes me hit him, i'll come down and first give him a very resounding slap before any other thing like hospital.

Anyways, back to the matter. It depends on the location too. If it's a civilized location, you can stop and know what's happening, but if it's not. Please don't stop o. Just drive to the nearest police station and return back to the scene with them.

Nigerian solutions are usually not conventional.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by Caracta(f): 8:41am On Oct 25, 2014
Big question!

I hate to think about it. We have many hit-and-run driving incidents because of jungle justice in this country.

I don't even know what I would do. The shock mehn...chai!

11 Likes

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by lonelydora: 11:10am On Oct 25, 2014
If I hit somebody (God forbid), I will leave my car and run to the nearest FORTIFIED police station to report myself, praying for angry mob to set the car ablaze, which will make the law switch a little to my favour (that is, lesser punishment for me).

With what happened above. First, all the policemen in that station is supposed to be jailed for not carrying out their duty well.

Secondly, some arrests should have been made to caution others that thinks it is the right thing to do. They were not suppose to kill the man.

Thirdly, the parents of the children will now bear the cost of the burial and may even have a case to answer for jungle justice.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by ramdris(m): 11:16am On Oct 25, 2014
lomomike:

You'll be mobbed by the nearest mobs. If you knocked someone in Kano city, go to Kastina or Jigawa and report. Then and only then would you be 'a bit safe' when you're done, change the colour of your car paint or sell off the car before coming into Kano City again or else na GOBE!
shocked
Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2014
Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 25, 2014
It's a complex situation.

Folks, Nigeria is not as unique as you folks want to think. Lynching, or severe beating, of drivers after an accident is not unique to Nigeria only and one just happened last week here in Los Angeles. I hate when you guys wants to make Nigeria seems to be a country on Mars. When you deal with emotions with humans then it does not matter what country you're in.

Leaving the scene of an accident is a major crime here in the USA, it's in fact a felony, the highest crime criteria one can commit and up there with murder and manslaughter. Why don't we see more of it in the USA? Because the Police are not only sitting in stations but are out doing vehicular patrols on the street and heavily armed to deter mobs. Mobs also knows that if they mob they would be brought to justice and face severe punishment.

"Neighborhood residents attacked the driver of an ice cream truck after it struck and killed a 7-year-old boy riding a motorized bike in South Los Angeles, authorities said.

The child had been riding alongside the truck on Wednesday when he apparently slipped for an unknown reason and was caught under a rear wheel, police Sgt. Timothy Colson said.

The collision was an accident and the driver, who sustained bruises in the beating, has not been charged, police said. His name was not released.

The driver told police that bricks were thrown at his truck and someone threatened him with a knife. He was taken to a police station for protection. Police were searching for the attackers."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/boy-killed-collision-la-ice-cream-truck-26394246

My other pet peeve is what someone said which is to not apply foreign solution to Nigerian problem. This is wrong and backwards in my opinion.

No matter how you cut it, we are Nigerians and we have a say and stake in what happens.

Now off of my soapbox.

When I drive in Nigeria I drive with the outmost care and concern because of issues like this. I bite my tongue and let folks walk all over me, even the murawa and okada, especially okada riders are my boss on the road. They can win while I am in Nigeria because the system of violence supports them and I will just be a dollar sign in front of them or at least someone to take out their frustration on. I was sitting at a joint when I saw an okada (in this instance he was actual in the right) get hit by a car. Within 5 minutes there were about 50 okadas stopped right there. They slapped the driver a few times before some Army personnel stopped to intervene, if not for the army folks who knows what would have happened.

OP, I don't know the proper answer to your question but all I can do is drive defensively and just expect that the pedestrians are on a death wish I continue to let them be the boss of the road until I am sitting in the departure lounge at Murtala. I know the PC answer some wants to hear which is to stop and render aid but we know that is a death sentence in Nigeria, mostly.

To dual citizens like myself, please make sure that you register at the embassy as soon as you are in Nigeria (also try to use your foreign passport to enter Nigeria so that you can be helped, I know for the USA if you don't enter Nigeria with your USA passport you will have limited protection.

If you're also a dual citizen please know where your embassies are so that you can maybe if you're lucky run there after such an accident.

Good luck to all of us.

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by doroboss(m): 6:31pm On Oct 25, 2014
[b][/b]
CityNG:

Folks, Nigeria is not as unique as you folks want to think. Lynching, or severe beating, of drivers after an accident is not unique to Nigeria only and one just happened last week here in Los Angeles. I hate when you guys wants to make Nigeria seems to be a country on Mars. When you deal with emotions with humans then it does not matter what country you're in.

Leaving the scene of an accident is a major crime here in the USA, it's in fact a felony, the highest crime criteria one can commit and up there with murder and manslaughter. Why don't we see more of it in the USA? Because the Police are not only sitting in stations but are out doing vehicular patrols on the street and heavily armed to deter mobs. Mobs also knows that if they mob they would be brought to justice and face severe punishment.

"Neighborhood residents attacked the driver of an ice cream truck after it struck and killed a 7-year-old boy riding a motorized bike in South Los Angeles, authorities said.

The child had been riding alongside the truck on Wednesday when he apparently slipped for an unknown reason and was caught under a rear wheel, police Sgt. Timothy Colson said.

The collision was an accident and the driver, who sustained bruises in the beating, has not been charged, police said. His name was not released.

The driver told police that bricks were thrown at his truck and someone threatened him with a knife. He was taken to a police station for protection. Police were searching for the attackers."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/boy-killed-collision-la-ice-cream-truck-26394246

My other pet peeve is what someone said which is to not apply Nigerian solution to Nigerian problem. This is wrong and backwards in my opinion.

No matter how you cut it, we are Nigerians and we have a say and stake in what happens.

Now off of my soapbox.

When I drive in Nigeria I drive with the outmost care and concern because of issues like this. I bite my tongue and let folks walk all over me, even the murawa and okada, especially okada riders are my boss on the road. They can win while I am in Nigeria because the system of violence supports them and I will just be a dollar sign in front of them or at least someone to take out their frustration on. I was sitting at a joint when I saw an okada (in this instance he was actual in the right) get hit by a car. Within 5 minutes there were about 50 okadas stopped right there. They slapped the driver a few times before some Army personnel stopped to intervene, if not for the army folks who knows what would have happened.

OP, I don't know the proper answer to your question but all I can do is drive defensively and just expect that the pedestrians are on a death wish I continue to let them be the boss of the road until I am sitting in the departure lounge at Murtala. I know the PC answer some wants to hear which is to stop and render aid but we know that is a death sentence in Nigeria, mostly.

To dual citizens like myself, please make sure that you register at the embassy as soon as you are in Nigeria (also try to use your foreign passport to enter Nigeria so that you can be helped, I know for the USA if you don't enter Nigeria with your USA passport you will have limited protection.

If you're also a dual citizen please know where your embassies are so that you can maybe if you're lucky run there after such an accident.

Good luck to all of us.

I would have sworn this was ikenna if not for the moniker grin

4 Likes

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by IdaraCHODB(m): 6:47pm On Oct 25, 2014
My idea ( not foolproof, but why lose two lives instead of one because of a mob)?:

Ideally, stop and assist

BUT

if stopping might mean, you will die or lose you limb or property than

HEAD STRAIGHT TO THE NEAREST POLICE/ARMY/SSS/NAVY/AIRFORCE FORMATION

and plead with them to let you in that your life is in danger ( not that you hit and killed someone)

ONCE SAFELY INSIDE

report the accident and ask for support aka reinforcement to go to the scene OR to a police station to report the matter

NOW THAT THAT IS OUT OF THE WAY

when i approach heavily trafficked areas or places where errant pedestrian are known to sacrifice their lives for nothing,

I do the following:

1. Slow down ( 5 to 10 to even 20 seconds from the spot the pedestrian(s) is standing waiting to cross)
2. Turn on my headlights or flash them repeatedly ( as i approach him or them)
3. blow the horn as if it were a siren and as if i am going berserk ( as soon as i spot the pedestrian[s] at the side of the road and i am 2 or 3 light poles away from him)
4. watch intently in case, I might need to swerve around pedestrians and cars as a result of a particularly stubborn die-hard who insists on crossing despite all the warnings above ( as soon as i spot the pedestrian[s])

CONCLUSION:
There are places that stopping to help or sympathize or whatever would mean suicide, if you guess that it would be suicide, then better follow the suggestion above

CAVEAT
The above advice is given based on the presumption that the driver did not drive dangerously INSTEAD the pedestrian opted to commit 'suicide by accident' by crossing foolishly, stupidly, without regard to other road users and put the driver between the devil and the deep blue sea

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by uboma(m): 3:41am On Oct 26, 2014
CityNG:

My other pet peeve is what someone said which is to not apply Nigerian solution to Nigerian problem. This is wrong and backwards in my opinion.

Now off of my soapbox.

Good luck to all of us.

Lol. Nigeria is a lawless country i tel you. That man was lucky those okada men didnt stab him with a knife before the uniformed men came to his rescue. My official driver some years back hit a child who crossed the road carelessly. Trust Naija. Suddenly men circled our vehicle and trying to force him out. My driver engaged the gear and sped off to the nearest Police station and reported the incident. Armed Police men had to escort us to the scene of the accident. Arrangements were made to take the child to the hospital...

If my driver hadnt done that, those men would have killed him and burnt the vehicle not minding the fact that it wasnt entirely the driver's fault.

It pays really to be a citizen of the US and or the UK...

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by uboma(m): 3:47am On Oct 26, 2014
IdaraCHODB:
My idea ( not foolproof, but why lose two lives instead of one because of a mob)?:

Ideally, stop and assist

BUT

if stopping might mean, you will die or lose you limb or property than

HEAD STRAIGHT TO THE NEAREST POLICE/ARMY/SSS/NAVY/AIRFORCE FORMATION

and plead with them to let you in that your life is in danger ( not that you hit and killed someone)

ONCE SAFELY INSIDE

report the accident and ask for support aka reinforcement to go to the scene OR to a police station to report the matter

NOW THAT THAT IS OUT OF THE WAY

when i approach heavily trafficked areas or places where errant pedestrian are known to sacrifice their lives for nothing,

I do the following:

1. Slow down ( 5 to 10 to even 20 seconds from the spot the pedestrian(s) is standing waiting to cross)
2. Turn on my headlights or flash them repeatedly ( as i approach him or them)
3. blow the horn as if it were a siren and as if i am going berserk ( as soon as i spot the pedestrian[s] at the side of the road and i am 2 or 3 light poles away from him)
4. watch intently in case, I might need to swerve around pedestrians and cars as a result of a particularly stubborn die-hard who insists on crossing despite all the warnings above ( as soon as i spot the pedestrian[s])

CONCLUSION:
There are places that stopping to help or sympathize or whatever would mean suicide, if you guess that it would be suicide, then better follow the suggestion above

CAVEAT
The above advice is given based on the presumption that the driver did not drive dangerously INSTEAD the pedestrian opted to commit 'suicide by accident' by crossing foolishly, stupidly, without regard to other road users and put the driver between the devil and the deep blue sea

lol at point number 3. i do same too. Sometime i read frim Siena that he hasnt used his horn for like 10years or so and i was like ehn!!!! Not in Nigeria where animals and children are left to roam the streets at any time.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by lonelydora: 5:57am On Oct 26, 2014
uboma:

lol at point number 3. i do same too. Sometime i read frim Siena that he hasnt used his horn for like 10years or so and i was like ehn!!!! Not in Nigeria where animals and children are left to roam the streets at any time.
If Siena stays in Nigeria, he would have changed his horn like 3 times. Nigerian drivers even honk when the road is free. I don't know if it is what they teach in driving school?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by Ishilove: 6:22am On Oct 26, 2014
lonelydora:

If Siena stays in Nigeria, he would have changed his horn like 3 times. Nigerian drivers even honk when the road is free. I don't know if it is what they teach in driving school?
Lmao! cheesy

My elder sister has changed her horn countless times. One particular time during traffic, she was in the process of honking it when it died, yet again. My sis said her voice turned to a horn that day. Whenever one of this crazy Lagos danfos came too close to her, she would immediately shriek at the top her voice "watch, watch!!" If the vehicles preceding were too slow in moving, or pedestrians were hesitant in crossing in front her vehicle, she would stick her head out of the window and bawl "mooove!!". Very traumatic experience, according to her. grin

Even Dad has changed horns a couple times. He uses 'eba power' to honk that thing, because, according to him, "some people's case have already been concluded in the spirit realm. They are just looking for who will finish it up in the physical" and he refuses to be the scapegoat for such people. cheesy

111 Likes 12 Shares

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by armadeo(m): 6:48am On Oct 26, 2014
lonelydora:

U haven't seen anything yet. Before I even start my car I have pressed the horn.

Even when the car is parked I press the horn. Many mad people or people who have been killed by witches from their village are roaming the streets looking for who to physically complete the act.

I even get spare horn for booth that I can change myself.

On horn free day in Lagos I disconnected my horn in the morning but had to park and reconnect it.

I even use it to replay the beats of the song I am jamming on my CD.

I love my horn. grin grin

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by uboma(m): 6:49am On Oct 26, 2014
lonelydora:

Lol. I only use the horn when it is necessary...
Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by armadeo(m): 6:50am On Oct 26, 2014
Ishilove:

Lmao! cheesy

Even Dad has changed horns a couple times. He uses 'eba power' to honk that thing, because, according to him, "some people's case have already been concluded in the spirit realm. They are just looking for who will finish it up in the physical" and he wouldn't be the scapegoat for such people. cheesy

My point exactly . no be we go be scapegoat for such people.

7 Likes

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 26, 2014
lonelydora:
If I hit somebody (God forbid), I will leave my car and run to the nearest FORTIFIED police station to report myself, praying for angry mob to set the car ablaze, which will make the law switch a little to my favour (that is, lesser punishment for me).

With what happened above. First, all the policemen in that station is supposed to be jailed for not carrying out their duty well.

Secondly, some arrests should have been made to caution others that thinks it is the right thing to do. They were not suppose to kill the man.

Thirdly, the parents of the children will now bear the cost of the burial and may even have a case to answer for jungle justice.

Chai, see wickedness o! You bad gan. grin
Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by uboma(m): 7:18am On Oct 26, 2014
lonelydora:

What if you dont make it to the nearest Police Station with your bare legs before getting lynched? Will you still be alive to do all the above? This is not a Literature class where dramatic scenes are allowed. In reality you will discover that driving to Police Station in your car after the accident is more like it.

13 Likes

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by lonelydora: 8:07am On Oct 26, 2014
armadeo:

U haven't seen anything yet. Before I even start my car I have pressed the horn.

Even when the car is parked I press the horn. Many mad people or people who have been killed by witches from their village are roaming the streets looking for who to physically complete the act.

I even get spare horn for booth that I can change myself.

On horn free day in Lagos I disconnected my horn in the morning but had to park and reconnect it.

How do I stop laughing?

6 Likes

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by lonelydora: 8:11am On Oct 26, 2014
uboma:

What if you dont make it to the nearest Police Station with your bare legs before getting lynched? Will you still be alive to do all the above? This is not a Literature class where dramatic scenes are allowed. In reality you will discover that driving to Police Station in your car after the accident is more like it.
I will run immediately, I won't wait to see if the person is dead or not depending on the impact . If you understand some Nigerian laws you will know that when your car is burnt it will bring lesser punishment.

1 Like

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by Pavore9: 8:16am On Oct 26, 2014
Some are walking dead who are just looking for who would compensate their families and offset their burial expenses! Lord, may l not see them, may they not see me Amen!

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by uboma(m): 8:29am On Oct 26, 2014
lonelydora:

I will run immediately, I won't wait to see if the person is dead or not depending on the impact . If you understand some Nigerian laws you will know that when your car is burnt it will bring lesser punishment.

Please provide references to the law that states so. Your idea of running bare footed to the nearest Police Station is just hilarous. How far can your legs carry you to the nearest Police Station when everyone in the community will be after you? Do you think they will allow you get that far? You seem to dwell so much on dream island...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by lonelydora: 8:48am On Oct 26, 2014
uboma:

Please provide references to the law that states so. Your idea of running bare footed to the nearest Police Station is just hilarous. How far can your legs carry you to the nearest Police Station when everyone in the community will be after you? Do you think they will allow you get that far? You seem to dwell so much on dream island...
And you think running with your car in a place like port harcourt will make them not to catch you at the next available holdup which you will meet in one minute.

Well I am not here to argue but to let you know this is what saved my uncle from being lynched. Ask any lawyer what the law says.

My brother man, if it happens just pray they burn the car.

1 Like

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by uboma(m): 8:55am On Oct 26, 2014
lonelydora:

And you think running with your car in a place like port harcourt will make them not to catch you at the next available holdup which you will meet in one minute.

Well I am not here to argue but to let you know this is what saved my uncle from being lynched. Ask any lawyer what the law says.

My brother man, if it happens just pray they burn the car.

Goodluck to your idealogy...

1 Like

Re: When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? by ogawisdom(m): 9:10am On Oct 26, 2014
lonelydora:

Which driving sch frsc doesn't do driving test before giving any driver license so most ppl learn driving frm frnds n relatives.

Its impossible to drive without ur horn in nigeria its more like drivin in a very dark road without ur headlight on.

Wen we dey even use horn to greet ppl here grin

Nigeria is quite peculiar regardin driving in everyway most pedestrains ll cross d road wen dey shld nt wavin u n forcin u to stop as if dey r one GCFR while others ll walk on d road, traders also display their goods on d road forcin vehicles to use wateva is left of d road angry

Well I love nigeria with all my heart grin n I can't imagine living elsewhere grin its sooo much fun living here tongue

21 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class / Man Crushed To Death This Afternoon In Benin City (viewers Discretion Advised) / Ever Since I Bought A Mercedes Benz, It's Been One Trouble To Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.