Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,023 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Breaking News! Breaking News!! : PDP Denies Orji Uzor Kalu (OUK) Membership. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News! Breaking News!! : PDP Denies Orji Uzor Kalu (OUK) Membership. (675 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu (ouk)'s Mother Attacks President Jonathan / PDP Denies Describing Anambra Election As Free & Fair / Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News! Breaking News!! : PDP Denies Orji Uzor Kalu (OUK) Membership. by patrikobi: 8:26am On Oct 25, 2014
Breaking News: PDP denies Uzor Kalu (OUK) membership.

Former Abia State Governor Orji Uzor Kalu’s attempt to secure a waiver in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to enable him vie for the Abia North seat has been blocked.
PDP in the Southeast has described his claim of being a member of the party as spurious and unfounded.
The ex-Abia State governor in a letter dated October 9 sought the waiver on the grounds that he rejoined the PDP on January 16, 2012; the day he also claimed he was registered in his Igbere Ward ‘A’ home.
Kalu said in the letter: “I write to inform you that I returned to the PDP on January 16, 2012. As one of the founding members of the party, I do not think I need a waiver to contest the senatorial seat. But if I do, I hereby apply for a waiver.”
The party in the Southeast where Kalu’s letter was referred to for comment, denied knowing the former Abia governor as a member.
The National Vice Chairman of the PDP in the Southeast, Col Austin Akobundu (rtd), reacting to Kalu’s waiver request, was said to have raised what the zone referred to as eight strategic points, which knocked off Kalu’s claim of being registered on January 16, 2012 in his Igbere Ward ‘A’.
According to the party, since Kalu “left PDP seven years ago and founded his pet party, the Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA), the ex-governor has not taken any step to rejoin, be admitted or re-admitted into the party.”
The PDP Southeast said: “The fundamental requirement for the membership of our party is registration at the ward and having the name entered in the ward membership register and payment of the necessary fee. It is only when the name of a prospective member is entered into the party’s register that membership card is issued.”
Said Akobundu: “I took time to inspect the Igbere Ward ‘A’ membership register. The register has 244 names. Kalu’s name is not in the register.
“I also extended my search, for the avoidance of doubt, to Igbere Ward ‘B’, which has 256 registered members. His name could not also be found in the register.”
Reacting to Kalu’s purported PDP membership card issued at Igbere Ward ‘A’, which was referred to him by the National Organising Secretary, Abubakar Mustapha, Akobundu described it as spurious and baseless.

The Nation

Re: Breaking News! Breaking News!! : PDP Denies Orji Uzor Kalu (OUK) Membership. by akinsadeez(m): 8:44am On Oct 25, 2014
hmmmm. interesting
Re: Breaking News! Breaking News!! : PDP Denies Orji Uzor Kalu (OUK) Membership. by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 25, 2014
On Nairaland
The news is always breaking
Re: Breaking News! Breaking News!! : PDP Denies Orji Uzor Kalu (OUK) Membership. by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 9:38am On Oct 25, 2014
Usu

(1) (Reply)

"Why Buhari Couldn't Afford N27million APC Presidential Form" - Dino Melaye / Zambian President "King Cobra" Dies In UK. / Impunity Peter Obi’s Dubious Crime Fighting Shielded His Relations By Mokwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.