Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread (238312 Views)

Shiites Protest, Demand Release Of El-zakzaky In Kaduna (PICTURE) / Lamido And Amechi's Campaign Car In Kaduna (Picture) / Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by iamrealdeji(m): 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ibnsultan:
lol
Acad is not for ladies
I'm not a lady o,i'm a guy
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by redsun(m): 9:19pm On Oct 25, 2014
chimoz:
I got admitted into NDA and also UNN for medicine the same year, but my love for medicine made me choose the later. I still thank God I made that decision, those boko boys aint smiling. Yes, Am happy where I am.

So what was aim of wanting to join the military if you were going be scared of bokoharam or to die for your country? You probably thought it could have been an easier way of making it in naija? A gateway to undue connection and privileges.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 25, 2014
iamrealdeji:

I'm not a lady o,i'm a guy
the lady meant weak dudes.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by brownlord: 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2014
Good job op, now another sirius is here,

Seun, mod, i don't want to see this thread of front page before those senseless individual come here and spew gibberish,

Kudos to our men in arms. We appreciate what ye are doing even if the 9 months pregnant ogas seems to make the job difficult for ye guys

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nafizzey(m): 9:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
celeron40:
The NDA was established in January 1964 as a reformation of the British runRoyal Military Forces Training College(RMFTC), which had been renamed the Nigerian Military Training College (NMTC) on independence. The military institution trains the officer corps of the Nigerian Army, Navy and Air Force. The initial class was only 62 cadets, and trainers were mostly officers in the Indian Army. The NDA grew to an all Nigerian training staff only in 1978. In 1981 itself began training bilateral training of foreign militaries. In 1985 the academy commenced offering undergraduate programmes to Military Officers In Training and now also currently offers post graduate studies both for Mscand Ph.Dfor both military and civilian students alike. The central mission remains the five year cadet officer training "Regular Combatant Course". As of 2008, its total cadet class is around 1500.
This thread will showcase the NDA through photos.
ENJOY gringringrin
Good job @0P, great thread... now to my question, can a university graduate after Nysc enrol into NDA and come out as corp officer of either army, navy or airforce? is that possible??

Thanks in advance
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 25, 2014
Nafizzey:
Good job @0P, great thread... now to my question, can a university graduate after Nysc enrol into NDA and come out as corp officer of either army, navy or airforce? is that possible??

Thanks in advance
sorry am not the op. But could help. Yes. After ur NYsc You can enroll in any of the various services programmes to become a commission officer IF ur grade is within the needed category

Sir. Are u going into these Noble field due to passion and patriotism or due to lack of available employment as this factor is very important.
The military is a tough place. Where u have to sign ur death warrant the moment u join the family

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 25, 2014
Nafizzey:
Thanks in advance
sorry am not the op. But could help. Yes. After ur NYsc You can enroll in any of the various services programmes to become a commission officer IF ur grade is within the needed category

Sir. Are u going into these Noble field due to passion and patriotism or due to lack of available employment as this factor is very important.
The military is a tough place. Where u have to sign ur death warrant the moment u join the family
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by celeron40(m): 10:03pm On Oct 25, 2014
Nafizzey:

Thanks in advance
Sure..its called the SSC course..lasts 9 months or so..not sure..you graduate as a 2nd Lt. Ill try and upload some SSC pics..the SSC is exclusively for graduates.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nafizzey(m): 10:09pm On Oct 25, 2014
celeron40:
Sure..its called the SSC course..lasts 9 months or so..not sure..you graduate as a 2nd Lt. Ill try and upload some SSC pics..the SSC is exclusively for graduates.
Thank you Sir. patiently waiting for the SSC pics
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nafizzey(m): 10:34pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ibnsultan:

First thank for your clarification... I just asked out of curiosity to be informed and pertaining the second question, NO! I don'n really have passion for it....

But however, If by the end of my service year couldn't find my dream job i.e Accountant/Banker or a good paying job, who knows I might change line...

But what's your take pls? Its obvious you know Much! Thanks
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by shady26(m): 10:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
Nafizzey:

First thank for your clarification... I just asked out of curiosity to be informed and pertaining the second question, NO! I don'n really have passion for it....

But however, If by the end of my service year couldn't find my dream job i.e Accountant/Banker or a good paying job, who knows I might change line...

joinning the military is not getting employment, its signing away your life to defend and protect the nation, its sovereignity nd people. pls dont go their and create problems for us!
Kudos to our most gallant NA,much respect. on the other hand shame to the NPF,u guys need to sit up to ur responsiblities .

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
Nafizzey:

. You can. The military has roles for accountants in each arm service finance corps and if u wish u could still go for the other corps
Yes a person can develop love and passion for the profession after joining that's the most important thing.
Never see it as just a job
But as service to humanity and Homeland
I fell in love with the military as a Young boy Back them seeing Ecomog soldiers prepare for there mission was awesome. From there live stimulate training with marines(usa) to there departure with looots of morales and tears. To stories of Gallantry displayed by certain individual

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 25, 2014
redsun:

So what was aim of wanting to join the military if you were going be scared of bokoharam or to die for your country? You probably thought it could have been an easier way of making it in naija? A gateway to undue connection and privileges.
I wanted to join the millitary because I have always been around millitary men and I loved their awesome khaki.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by naijaking1: 11:13pm On Oct 25, 2014
Just like the NYSC, the intention to establish the NDA was good, but the practices have made a mess of everything.
One retired officer, a Lt. Col I met recently said that the army has lost its way in Nigeria beginning from the admission practices at NDA. Because of quota system, you have some with a score of 490 out of say 500 from Anambra, Imo, Delta, or Oyo sitting in the same classroom with someone who scored 20 or 30 out of 500 from Katsine, Zamfara, or Kano.
Or worse still, someone who had successfully bribed his way into the class room could be your class mate.
My friend made another good point: once you're admitted through corruption and compromise of the scores, you always remain corrupt, and cheat your way till retirement! Only in Nigeria.
Compared to other national defense academies established about the same time in other nations like India, Brazil, and Malaysia, our NDA is a sorry sight.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by omololu2020(m): 3:44pm On Oct 26, 2014
NDA aspirant do mak me laff alot.dey will tell u dey hav read and work hard,yet dey will still b complanin about not havin a god father...NDA nah d only univ hav seen wey no dey release result....yeye skul.dey should hav left it d way it was before,were secondary skul boys will gain admsn into NDA witout jamb and spend just 3yrs and dey will b comisn as a 2nd lit..instead of dis mago mago wey dem dey do now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Missy89(f): 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
naijaking1:
Just like the NYSC, the intention to establish the NDA was good, but the practices have made a mess of everything.
One retired officer, a Lt. Col I met recently said that the army has lost its way in Nigeria beginning from the admission practices at NDA. Because of quota system, you have some with a score of 490 out of say 500 from Anambra, Imo, Delta, or Oyo sitting in the same classroom with someone who scored 20 or 30 out of 500 from Katsine, Zamfara, or Kano.
Or worse still, someone who had successfully bribed his way into the class room could be your class mate.
My friend made another good point: once you're admitted through corruption and compromise of the scores, you always remain corrupt, and cheat your way till retirement! Only in Nigeria.
Compared to other national defense academies established about the same time in other nations like India, Brazil, and Malaysia, our NDA is a sorry sight.

Every military academy in the world does that. Its all about who you know. Most military officers always push their kids or family in for legacy reasons and others get in thru who they know.That is just military politics nothing more. It is not a Nigerian thing. The quota system is even more important in a very heterogeneous Nigeria.

Many high score students usually get in by enlisting and not thru the academy. The academy is always reserved for the students that knows someone for the most part. That is how the military establishment works.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2014
Missy89:

Every military academy in the world does that. Its all about who you know. Most military officers always push their kids or family in for legacy reasons and others get in thru who they know.That is just military politics nothing more. It is not a Nigerian thing. The quota system is even more important in a very heterogeneous Nigeria.The objective of guarantor/so called Godfather that signs an applicant form is to ensure that any child going into the Noble profession is easily trace able. As his guarantor is responsible 4 him

The Acad is not 4 everyOne. Its a calling

Many high score students usually get in by enlisting and not thru the academy. The academy is always reserved for the students that knows someone for the most part. That is how the military establishment works.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Pain(m): 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
Chai see old lines. Nostalgic.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by celeron40(m): 8:09pm On Oct 27, 2014
NDA cadets on tour of military formations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by celeron40(m): 6:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
Nigerian Defence Academy Cadets.

2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by celeron40(m): 6:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
"Ragging" at NDA.

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by millhouse: 11:46am On Nov 03, 2014
oh yeaa

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by jojomario(m): 4:24pm On Nov 03, 2014
i would love to join if i see the link. always a COMMANDO
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 04, 2014
For those that graduate from NDA, what rank do they start from when they pass out? For instance I know that the least rank in the army is a recruit, then lance corporal, then corporal till you get to the highest rank which is Field Marshal.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by neighy(m): 8:10am On Nov 13, 2014
shodexy:
For those that graduate from NDA, what rank do they start from when they pass out? For instance I know that the least rank in the army is a recruit, then lance corporal, then corporal till you get to the highest rank which is Field Marshal.
the Rank after Passing out From Nda is 2nd Lieutenant... And the highest rank an army officer has gotten to in Nigeria is Major General..
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by neighy(m): 8:25am On Nov 13, 2014
Missy89:

Every military academy in the world does that. Its all about who you know. Most military officers always push their kids or family in for legacy reasons and others get in thru who they know.That is just military politics nothing more. It is not a Nigerian thing. The quota system is even more important in a very heterogeneous Nigeria.

True But... Do you Know the NDA dosnt produce Dull student?? Yea Some Got in tru people they know they are Better people who applied No Doubt... But for you to be admitted even Via GodFatherism you've Ghas be Smart... The person Helping you also have a Reputation to Protect and he wouldn't wantu shatter it by helping a dull Student Gain Admission..
You've Gat Drilling and Academic Classes everyday (Except weekends sometimes) Drill Early in the Morning Go to Class Drill in the Evening and at Night you're SomeWhere in the Bush Learning how to Navigate at Night Or Something Else..with this Occupied Schedule you've still ghas Read to make a First class Draw or second class lower... The academic aspect is just like the one of any Uni...

So Forgetting the way U gained Admission They'll make sure you Give Your Best...

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Missy89(f): 8:52am On Nov 13, 2014
neighy:
True But... Do you Know the NDA dosnt produce Dull student?? Yea Some Got in tru people they know they are Better people who applied No Doubt... But for you to be admitted even Via GodFatherism you've Ghas be Smart... The person Helping you also have a Reputation to Protect and he wouldn't wantu shatter it by helping a dull Student Gain Admission..
You've Gat Drilling and Academic Classes everyday (Except weekends sometimes) Drill Early in the Morning Go to Class Drill in the Evening and at Night you're SomeWhere in the Bush Learning how to Navigate at Night Or Something Else..with this Occupied Schedule you've still ghas Read to make a First class Draw or second class lower... The academic aspect is just like the one of any Uni...

So Forgetting the way U gained Admission They'll make sure you Give Your Best...

NDA doesn't produce dull students?
You are mistaken training(endurance) for intellect(mental powers of a particular person). That is 2 different things.
You can train to be anything,That doesn't mean you are smart. Training sharpens your mind towards what you are taught and u have an advantage ONLY over a person that doesn't have the same training. That is why only few cadets can be a commanding officers even thou they all have the same training from the beginning. The mediocre ones would be wedded out after they leave college (some will still get CO positions based on connection thou)

Many average students get in everywhere. When u talk about first class or second class, you make it sound difficult. There is no big deal in getting a first class or a 2-1, 2-2 in any naija uni. I have seen many Niaja first class graduates flunk basic freshman algebra (no kidding) here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 13, 2014
RockMaxi:
@OP, if not for democracy this would have been a classified information.

it is NOT, check the official NDA video on youtube, it offers detail commentary on these and other pictures.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by chat2deen(m): 12:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
celeron40:
DON'T ASK.

Concurrent activities at all levels. Nothing is as sweet as serving job side by side wit ur coursemates. Gentleman the more we are together the happier we shall be! Cadet life ooo.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by shizzleStar: 12:34pm On Nov 13, 2014
RockMaxi:
@OP, if not for democracy this would have been a classified information.

Even in democracy, there is still classified information.

Nigeria just sucks at a lot of things
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by jamace(m): 12:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
chat2deen:

Concurrent activities at all levels. Nothing is as sweet as serving job side by side wit ur coursemates. Gentleman the more we are together the happier we shall be! Cadet life ooo.
grin grin cool cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by neighy(m): 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2014
Missy89:

NDA doesn't produce dull students?
You are mistaken training(endurance) for intellect(mental powers of a particular person). That is 2 different things.
You can train to be anything,That doesn't mean you are smart. Training sharpens your mind towards what you are taught and u have an advantage ONLY over a person that doesn't have the same training. That is why only few cadets can be a commanding officers even thou they all have the same training from the beginning. The mediocre ones would be wedded out after they leave college (some will still get CO positions based on connection thou)

Many average students get in everywhere. When u talk about first class or second class, you make it sound difficult. There is no big deal in getting a first class or a 2-1, 2-2 in any naija uni. I have seen many Niaja first class graduates flunk basic freshman algebra (no kidding) here.

Exactly First Class is so Easy that for Example Unilag Last Year a 5000+ graduated while only about hundred had First Class... If You've seen Many First Class Grad Flop then its not about NDA but Naija as a whole... And I stand on my word NDA do not produce Dull Student they Might not be Super Brilliant But they are Smart...
Your definition of Training and Intellect Is Exactly the reason why errybody aint lyk Einstein Or Da vinci... They can't all have high intellectual powers but at least those that dosnt have,have training to back them up... And also abou Mental Powers... It has Classifications Also...

#Conclusion... Seems you seeing Evrytin as BlackAndWhite thou...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Presidential Election 2023: Result Updates from INEC portal & Collation / List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution / Nigerian States And What They Produce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.