Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Should Babies Or Adults Be Baptized? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Babies Or Adults Be Baptized? (421 Views)

Should Babies Or Adults Be Baptized? / Must A Christian Be Baptized In A River? / In What Name Should a Christian Be Baptized? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Babies Or Adults Be Baptized? by fromadistance(f): 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2014
Greetings to you all.
There's this arguement with me and a friend for sometime now over who should be baptized..Babies or Adults! While I was of the opinion that babies should be baptized because they were born in sin and need immediate baptizm to ensure their salvation as some may not live up to the adult age to be baptized, She however thought otherwise.
So I need your opinion on this with biblical reference pls.
Re: Should Babies Or Adults Be Baptized? by chosen124: 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2014
THE BAPTISM OF JOHN IS FOR REPENTANCE
AS A CHILD WHAT SIN DO YOU REPENT FROM
CHILD BAPTISM IS A RELIGION EXERCISE IT'S NOT SCRIPTURAL

Mark 1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance:

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sin

Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance,

Acts 13:24 When John had first preached before his coming the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.

Luke 3:3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;
Re: Should Babies Or Adults Be Baptized? by Psylas(m): 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
With soap, baptism is a good thing

(1) (Reply)

Success By The Supernatural / Free Sermon Downloads / Back To Bethel For All Naija Gospel Artists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.