Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,085 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:35 AM

HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation (2138 Views)

Whatsapp & Bbm Group For 3d Modellers And Animators(game Development) / Draw Your Ultimate Fighting Game Character / Software For 3D And Animated Movies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by jjamani(m): 1:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hello,

Please i saw this two website for 3D Character Animation software both are free which one of them do you think is very good for 3D animation Industry. cos am going into Gaming and 3D animation Movie (Cartoon)

1. Mixamo Fuse Character Creator

2. makehuman.org software.

Thanks

[i][/i] I'm aware of 3D Max, Maya, Cinema 4d, Blender, Mari etc
Re: HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by jjamani(m): 1:56pm On Oct 25, 2014
help me na..

somebody to say something
Re: HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by felixchip(m): 6:47pm On Oct 25, 2014
You already answered your question.
Re: HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by Tymax(m): 7:04pm On Oct 25, 2014
For freeware go for Blender. Tons of tutorials out there. Also, there's a thread for blender newbies here on NL.
Re: HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by jjamani(m): 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2014
Tymax:
For freeware go for Blender. Tons of tutorials out there. Also, there's a thread for blender newbies here on NL.
bro i said am aware of Blender...
i just want to know which one of those two i Mention is cool for character cos using Blender it will take me slot of time to build just eye ..

felixchip:
You already answered your question.
HOW?
Re: HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by Tymax(m): 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2014
Lol. Now that you have clarified that, I would still ask you to go for blender if you want a software that is industry standard yet free. There are tons of free human (and other) models that you can download for blender. You don't have to model everything from scratch.

When choosing a software, you should consider the user community. Blender, Maya, C4D, max, lightwave, etc all have large user communities. If you require assistance, there are a lot of resources available online.
Re: HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by felixchip(m): 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
Tymax:
Lol. Now that you have clarified that, I would still ask you to go for blender if you want a software that is industry standard yet free. There are tons of free human (and other) models that you can download for blender. You don't have to model everything from scratch.

When choosing a software, you should consider the user community. Blender, Maya, C4D, max, lightwave, etc all have large user communities. If you require assistance, there are a lot of resources available online.

This man knows what he want. No need explaining anything for him.
Re: HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by jjamani(m): 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
Tymax:

Thanks Bro.. but can you help with review of those two software please..
Re: HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by Tymax(m): 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2014
felixchip:

This man knows what he want. No need explaining anything for him.
You think so? He wants a short cut that will leave him in a fix later on. If he wants to make an impact on the industry, it's only fitting that he chooses tools that are industry standard. He needs tools that can be exchanged with other professionals.

Imagine someone working in your firm who only uses Microsoft Paint for graphics. How would he share knowledge sseamlessly with you who use Corel?

That's what I want to guide him away from.
Re: HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by jjamani(m): 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2014
Tymax:

You think so? He wants a short cut that will leave him in a fix later on. If he wants to make an impact on the industry, it's only fitting that he chooses tools that are industry standard. He needs tools that can be exchanged with other professionals.
Imagine someone working in your firm who only uses Microsoft Paint for graphics. How would he share knowledge sseamlessly with you who use Corel?
That's what I want to guide him away from.

Now i see where you going...
now lets talk about the Blender.. where can i get tuts for character animation for Blender.. or how can i download videos from digitaltutors and lynda. i have subscribefor both. but don't know how to download the videos for offline viewing.. Now you know what i want..
Re: HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by Tymax(m): 8:02pm On Oct 25, 2014
jjamani:

Thanks Bro.. but can you help with review of those two software please..
Those two software only give "ready-made" meshes and rigs.

Mixamo is not the way to go. Let's say you have a specific character to model and animate that was originally developed as part of a brand- say, indomie's indomitables for instance. You would be in a fix cos, those characters are not a part of the library that comes with mixamo.

Makehuman.org on the other hand is a little more flexible but you must learn python (programming language) to make really fundamental changes to the model.

Don't forget that the human characters are just a part of your scene. You should consider your client's custom models and environment.

Software like these are just to introduce you to the 3d modeling/animation world. If you want to get right to business, you should go for those ones you are trying to avoid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by honeywallz: 2:50am On Oct 27, 2014
Hi buddy.
What's new.
What have u learnt so far ?
Re: HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by jjamani(m): 1:03pm On Oct 31, 2014
Tymax:

Mixamo is not the way to go. Let's say you have a specific character to model and animate that was originally developed as part of a brand- say, indomie's indomitables for instance. You would be in a fix cos, those characters are not a part of the library that comes with mixamo.
Makehuman.org on the other hand is a little more flexible but you must learn python (programming language) to make really fundamental changes to the model.
Don't forget that the human characters are just a part of your scene. You should consider your client's custom models and environment.
Software like these are just to introduce you to the 3d modeling/animation world. If you want to get right to business, you should go for those ones you are trying to avoid.

Thanks bro.. do you know where i can Submit my animation movies?

Also. where can i get blender tutorials?
Re: HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by Tos87(m): 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
jjamani:

Thanks bro.. do you know where i can Submit my animation movies?
Also. where can i get blender tutorials?
nawooo see question.. OK, submit in this thread and for tut ask google.
Re: HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by jjamani(m): 3:40pm On Nov 01, 2014
Tos87:

nawooo see question.. OK, submit in this thread and for tut ask google.
smiley take it easy.. bro Im trying to get info....
Re: HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by Donald3d(m): 6:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
PLEASE GIVE THE GUY A BREAK AND TRY TO HELP HIM, COULD U KINDLY REPHRASE UR QUESTION AND I WILL GLADLY GIVE AN ANSWER
Re: HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by prof800(m): 12:40am On Nov 03, 2014
Donald3d:
PLEASE GIVE THE GUY A BREAK AND TRY TO HELP HIM, COULD U KINDLY REPHRASE UR QUESTION AND I WILL GLADLY GIVE AN ANSWER

We are all trying to 'help' one another here...

...and the previous posters have been on point especially Tymax when he said:
Tymax:

@jjamani, Tymax is right. Those softwares you mentioned are NOT industry standard. If you are serious about the business then you would want to use professional tools.

If you change your mind to consider Cinema 4D then click this thread:https://www.nairaland.com/1934666/cinema-4d-premium-tutorials-materials

for blender, follow this http://www.nairaland.com/1320631/3d-enthusiast-zone-blender-3d

...which ever software you pick, ensure to join a community of users so you would be informed.

....prof800 wishes you luck.
Re: HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by jjamani(m): 1:25pm On Nov 03, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRsGyueVLvQ#W!!!

@Prof800. Thank you for the info . I will go with blender... I was full with inspiration when I saw the movies made with blender especially Sintel.. you can watch it on YouTube.. men I love it. but na hard work embarassed
Re: HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by prof800(m): 2:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
jjamani:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRsGyueVLvQ#W!!!

@Prof800. Thank you for the info . I will go with blender... I was full with inspiration when I saw the movies made with blender especially Sintel.. you can watch it on YouTube.. men I love it. but na hard work embarassed
Yes that's Sintel from the blender community.
...And yes it comes with HARD WORK but as time goes on, you would get to know that it also comes with TEAM WORK - very great team work.

...As you know that a good work like Sintel needs a team of 3D artists. One man can NOT single handedly pull off the kind of works you see in today's Animation Movies like The Croods, How to train your dragon II, Megamind etc. I just want you to bear that in mind.

That is why many Nigerian 3D artist fail (because of pride). They want to be the author and the finisher, the alpha and the omega, the alto and the indica. Whereas, they fail to see that, just like live action movies, 3D animation movies involves a lot of processes carried out in a form of division of labour --- from the scriptwriter to the producers, the directors, art directors, Visual effects supervisor, team of 3D modellers, team of riggers, team of animators, a lighting and rendering crew, a colourist, team of editors, designers, sound crew, voice actors etc...etc. So how can one computer and one animator pull off a full 3D animation like RANGO? Not feasible.

Blender rocks and it has a large user community and support. Plus you'll love the workflow.

Goodluck with Blender. I hope you post your progress on this forum and encourage others.

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation by jjamani(m): 6:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
yes Prof800. Thanks for the information. you the best..have started rising team. telling them.. those who want to go into 3D animation..i have 5. i need about 15 members.. have contacted one of the blender foundation trainer to come over to Nigeria to teach us..
but na Big money shy. Nigeria needs to be the best in every good thing in Africa..

yeah.. I will post some of our works soon..

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Cartoon Your Picture With Android / How Best Would You Achieve The Effect Of Talking To Yourself (twin). / Music Videos And Some Complaints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.