Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,172 members, 7,807,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Senate Clamps Down Hard On Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Senate Clamps Down Hard On Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria (926 Views)

How To Add Contacts On Yahoo Messenger With Starcomms? / Yahoo In Nigeria / Myspace Surpasses Google And Yahoo! In Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Senate Clamps Down Hard On Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by amichaelz101(m): 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2014
Can this be the end of cyber criminals popularly called 'YAhoo YAhoo' here in Nigeria.
As the Nigerian Senate has passed a bill which states that any 'YAhoo YAhoo' person caught will go to jail for 7years or pay7 Million Naira or even both as the case may be.
The bill has passed through second reading and it's awaiting enactment so it becomes a law.
As soon as it's passed into law, it will become an offense for anyone to commit fraud using a computer system or network with the intention of obtaining computer data, securing access to any programme, commercial or industrial secrets or classified information.
It will also be an offense to be in possession of a manipulative device, unauthorized, ATM card, damaging a computer with the intention to defraud, trafficking in any password to defraud customers or financial institutions
Asides the7years in prison and &7 Million Naira Fine, if one is convicted of committing any offenses relating to violation of critical national information infrastructure, then its 10years without the option of fine.15year jail term for anyone who commits this crime and it results in the harm of another individual and Life Imprisonmentfor anyone who commits this crime and it leads to the death of another person.
Asides this, if you own a cyber cafe and you allow the fraud to happen in your space, then it's a 3year jail term or 2 Million Naira fine.

Re: Senate Clamps Down Hard On Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by wizzie001(m): 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2014
As much as I'm and 've been against internet scams and the likes, I'm waiting for when the so called senators will pass a bill that would see corrupt politicians go to life imprisonment for looting the treasury blind. Nigeria laws is mostly for the masses whilst the rich walks free boasting of their loot angry
Re: Senate Clamps Down Hard On Yahoo Yahoo In Nigeria by ikecaesar(m): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
So the senators knw it is a crime to be a yahoo boy whereas it is saintly to be a corrupt politician dere is God o

(1) (Reply)

Used Hp Pavilion Dv4 For Sale / Is My ISP Able To Keep A Track Of My Internet Activities While I Use A VPN? / HP Elite Book For Sale - Check Details Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.