Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Help Me Out Please..business Strategists And Distributors - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help Me Out Please..business Strategists And Distributors (805 Views)

I Need Strategists Advice To Help Grow A Social Network / Please Business Advise Is Needed Urgently. / Please Business Group I Need A Place Where I Can Import Used Electric Iron AND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Out Please..business Strategists And Distributors by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2014
Am Charles, I humbly need advice or contribution that will aid my research. please someones job is on the Line.

I went for an interview with one International manufacturing company, after the regerous questions from the white guys, a particular question came up from the marketing manager which is “ what strategise will You employ to help the company get a handful of distributors and agents?" I said promotional strategise, exibition strategy(trade fair), pricing strategy which I elucidated more... .but he told me that he ain't convienced and am not ready to answer the question, they gave me an email adress and told me to forward the answer their, then before Monday, they will decide my fate.
I've cracked my brain and did some internet research but no findings. I intend to go for market research to meet distributors and ask them some basic questions but its raining heavily here and not sure it will ever stop today, tomorrow is Sunday and I just have today to conclude and get my findings right.

Please house, distributors, business gurus and developers help me out.

Which strategise can a marketer use to get prospective distributors and agents for a company
Re: Help Me Out Please..business Strategists And Distributors by ayaba(f): 2:54pm On Oct 25, 2014
@kaycee.

1.Your strategies should include field work, going into the local market visit the shops, stalls , kiosks, introduce your product to the intended distributors.

2. Come up with an attractive incentive measures that will encourage the intended distributors to pitch thier tents with you. it could be in terms of promotional pricing, promotional sales items, free samples, street sales campaigns, free testing.

Basically, your job is on the street, trade fairs and the likes come last
goodluck!
Re: Help Me Out Please..business Strategists And Distributors by mgolo(m): 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2014
The Strategy is Experential Marketing.
This is one of the most effective used these days because of too many products, services and deluge of advertising out there.

As its pointed out by ayaba above, I would simplify it thus:
Give samples to potential distributors, with a guide on how the product is to be used by consumers, give different prices to different distributors and plead with them to place the products where they can easily be seen for sale or as free gifts add-on to their usual goods sold.

Thereafter, if the products meet the expectation of the buyers, t he distributors would like to have more, this time around, they are sure, it will sell at no risk to them of stacked up inventory ultimately.

Wishing you all the best!
Re: Help Me Out Please..business Strategists And Distributors by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2014
ayaba:
@kaycee.

1.Your strategies should include field work, going into the local market visit the shops, stalls , kiosks, introduce your product to the intended distributors.

2. Come up with an attractive incentive measures that will encourage the intended distributors to pitch thier tents with you. it could be in terms of promotional pricing, promotional sales items, free samples, street sales campaigns, free testing.

Basically, your job is on the street, trade fairs and the likes come last
goodluck!
Thanks Ayaba, your suggestion is more like Direct Marketing, my dear I mentioned it as a strategy and explained it even talked about incentives like rebate/discounts on quantity of products been ordered , mention about rewards like distributor of the year award, after sales services strategy like timely distribution of ordered goods, yet he's not convienced.

I guess he wants something index like something out of the box, something that doesn't require capital expenses on the part of the company.
I forgot to mention that its not FMCG company, the company produce building materials like bullet proof glass and glass wares, interior furnitures and kitchen cabinates with french and italian desins, they also manufactures chanderlines lamps, stainless still rails and gates, windows and frames, office furnitures, they manufacture it here in this country.

please oook keep it coming
Re: Help Me Out Please..business Strategists And Distributors by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
mgolo:
The Strategy is Experential Marketing.
This is one of the most effective used these days because of too many products, services and deluge of advertising out there.

As its pointed out by ayaba above, I would simplify it thus:
Give samples to potential distributors, with a guide on how the product is to be used by consumers, give different prices to different distributors and plead with them to place the products where they can easily be seen for sale or as free gifts add-on to their usual goods sold.

Thereafter, if the products meet the expectation of the buyers, t he distributors would like to have more, this time around, they are sure, it will sell at no risk to them of stacked up inventory ultimately.

Wishing you all the best!
still helpful. experimental marketing, internet/social media marketing?? thanks dear....copied
Re: Help Me Out Please..business Strategists And Distributors by mgolo(m): 3:54pm On Oct 25, 2014
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
Thanks Ayaba, your suggestion is more like Direct Marketing, my dear I mentioned it as a strategy and explained it even talked about incentives like rebate/discounts on quantity of products been ordered , mention about rewards like distributor of the year award, after sales services strategy like timely distribution of ordered goods, yet he's not convienced.

I guess he wants something index like something out of the box, something that doesn't require capital expenses on the part of the company.
I forgot to mention that its not FMCG company, the company produce building materials like bullet proof glass and glass wares, interior furnitures and kitchen cabinates with french and italian desins, they also manufactures chanderlines lamps, stainless still rails and gates, windows and frames, office furnitures, they manufacture it here in this country.

You wouldn't talk about incentives or discounts of a product in a competitive market to would be distributors when it hasnt be accepted by the market place. Now that I am seeing the products and your further explanation. The strategy still goes back to what I said earlier but will be modified thus: Invite potential agents, distributors to see and feel the products in a private exhibition, supported by an educational video material to demonstrate further the attributes of these products. And of course, if they are worth their onion, a guaranty shield of a particular time frame must be part of the total package for the ultimate consumers.
Re: Help Me Out Please..business Strategists And Distributors by ayaba(f): 4:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
KAYCEEJUNIOR:

Now that we know the kind of products that we are dealing with I still insist its a field job.

1. Get a list of companies that are into building materials and components related to your company
, I know a few that I can send thier contacts to you.

2. Get your catlogues with standard pricing and introductory discounts

3. Liase with the company/ intended distributor your intention to setup a showcase in thier store for free.

4. I will also suggest Targeted online advertising, and outdoor advertising.

Goodluck

(1) (Reply)

Info On How To Be A Data Seller / Can She Still Go Ahead With The Lawsuit After 10years? / Naira Depreciates N5 To A Dolla=n215

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.