Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,231 members, 7,807,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. (3161 Views)

I'm Scared Of Approaching A Girl Because I'm Broke / She Refused To Date Me Because I'm Short.. / My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2014

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by frankmoney(m): 3:22pm On Oct 25, 2014
picture of ur white skin or idontbelieveit

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Mystery11(m): 3:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
Previous deleted. OP not serious

1 Like

Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by omophunky(m): 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2014
Which type of white ? albino or bleacher

1 Like

Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Mystery11(m): 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2014
well

1 Like

Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2014
omophunky:
I'm not sure what you mean, sorry.
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Imoy(m): 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2014
omophunky:
Naija and their low mentality, shey u think say everyting na joke?

@OP, I have just one advice for u, since u said u are a Christian, pray abt it, if possible u can meet ur pastor, Bishop or Reverend for counseling.

God see u tru dear.
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by MizMyColi(f): 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2014
OP, Have you tried Prayer and Fasting? angry
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
pixs
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by major466(m): 3:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
The man's parents are looking out for the best interest of their son. However they're wrong to generalized their perception about women because of their race. To me I think the ball falls on your man. He's the one to make the big decision. If he believes you are the woman for him then I see no reason why he should be afraid of his parents to marry you. He needs to stand up and take charge of his life. Not saying he should rebel against them but he should be able to communicate to his parents why they were wrong about you and why he believes you're the woman for him. If he makes a firm stand, they would see reason and respect his decision in the end hopefully. After all, marriage is between a man and a woman.
I know this is difficult to hear but truly, it's up to your fiancé to decide whether to marry you or not. Not his parents.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by frankmoney(m): 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
Mystery11:

Hey, f**k off from this thread. cool

You guys should be serious for once, if you want a pic, take ur fone and get a selfie. embarassed
and who is dz idiot ? did I mention ur name ? common swerve ...
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2014
I pray every day for our relationship and for his parents acceptance. I am trying to trust that what happens is Gods will.

major466:
The man's parents are looking out for the best interest of their son. However they're wrong to generalized their perception about women because of their race. To me I think the ball falls on your man. He's the one to make the big decision. If he believes you are the woman for him then I see no reason why he should be afraid of his parents to marry you. He needs to stand up and take charge of his life. Not saying he should rebel against them but he should be able to communicate to his parents why they were wrong about you and why he believes you're the woman for him. If he makes a firm stand, they would see reason and respect his decision in the end hopefully. After all, marriage is between a man and a woman.
I know this is difficult to hear but truly, it's up to your fiancé to decide whether to marry you or not. Not his parents.

How do I tell him this without sounding like I'm unappreciative of what he is doing already. I tried to say similar earlier and he asked me "why do you say things like this? Do you not see I am trying". I also do not want to sound as though I'm making him decide between me and them, because I really don't want to do that!
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by zeb04(f): 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
Take this to the family section and I hope the traditional roles you have taken up already is something you can keep up with .

It would be bad if you are doing all cooking and cleaning just to be accepted.you don't start what you can't finish

If a man really wants to marry you, you don't need to do the talking or anything.......he knows the best way to sort it out with his parent.(from experience) BTW a grown matuted man at 34 can decide for himself although age isn't maturity

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Mystery11(m): 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
of course

1 Like

Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Mystery11(m): 3:54pm On Oct 25, 2014
zeb04:
Take this to the family section and I hope the traditional roles you have taken up already is something you can keep up with .

It would be bad if you are doing all cooking and cleaning just to be accepted.you don't start what you can't finish

If a man really wants to marry you, you don't need to do the talking or anything.......he knows the best way to sort it out with his parent.(from experience)

In african culture, a woman does not marry the man alone,she marries the whole family.Every body must accept you or your happiness in marriage is not complete.(From known experience)
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Mprex(f): 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
Op sorry oh! You are paying the price for another lady's action
but like someone said earlier, try to meet your man's father. He will be in a better position to fix this delima.

Wish you the best
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by major466(m): 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2014
Elliespotify:
I pray every day for our relationship and for his parents acceptance. I am trying to trust that what happens is Gods will.
We are all with you in prayers. Things will change for the better.

How do I tell him this without sounding like I'm unappreciative of what he is doing already. I tried to say similar earlier and he asked me "why do you say things like this? Do you not see I am trying". I also do not want to sound as though I'm making him decide between me and them, because I really don't want to do that!
Don't say anything to him about his parents. Let him deal with them his own way so he wouldn't get stressed out. Trust him to do his best for both of you.
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 25, 2014
Thank you all for your kind replys.
I will try and meet with his father before they leave on Tuesday.
Do you think there's anything I can do? I have thought about giving them a heartfelt present and writing his mother a letter. I don't know if this is/would be acceptable - this is something I would do but I don't know if this would be seen as correct within the Nigerian culture?
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by BoiledCorn: 4:04pm On Oct 25, 2014
angry angry angry
Washin you dirty pant on naiaraland angry
Bad of you angry
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by major466(m): 4:08pm On Oct 25, 2014
Mystery11:

In african culture, a woman does not marry the man alone,she marries the whole family.Every body must accept you or your happiness in marriage is not complete.(From known experience)
Major problem that most be changed.
What we need:
A man shall leave his father and mother and unite with his wife and the two shall become one. - The book of Genesis

Not this:
A man shall come with his father and mother and all his brothers and sisters together with cousins and unite with his wife and the many shall become plenty in the family. - African Costum. This needs to be stopped.
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by frankmoney(m): 4:12pm On Oct 25, 2014
Mystery11:

If you quote me again, I will e-slap you and reset that your low mentality state. cool
rubbish ...look at this mentally unstable slowpoke .....I just quoted u ....so u can hit your coconut head on the wall
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Mystery11(m): 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2014
thot as much
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
Eh yah
You sound like a very honest type and trust me I know and can feel one when I come around one.
I pray you get through with this.
You seem to love him so much.

Try to be respectful when you meet the dad. Trust me he will give you audience. Men can be reasonable.
Kneel down completely when greeting him.
They have had a bad experience and it is like a nightmare the second brother wants to do same.
It can be overcome with your manner and attitude to them.
Keep fighting for what you want and I am certain you will get it with time except of course the man doesn't truly love you.

When you meet with them kneel completely.
When you call use sir and ma often.
When you are with the man help him with his bags but I'm sure they won't give it to you but at least try.

This is because they seem the traditional kind of people and yes you can send in the letter and get them gifts. Ask your baby boy what they would like.
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by adebayour26: 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2014
Seriously, I pity this condition and am wishing you the best in this. African culture is one that more or less desire that Son get married to a spouse pleasing to their Parents. But all the same, the approach we give to all situations matters a lot.

PRAY HARD about this

Keep going about your business doing good.I believe TIME will sort things out and everything is gonna be alright with you.

It is well dear

1 Like

Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2014
This is one of the problems they have - his brothers wife does not bring their children to see them, not only not to Nigeria but she also doesn't bring them when they are in the UK. She never calls them either.
This is not what I would do, I think it is awful! Even if I did not like the parents I would call them frequently so they could have contact with their children, and I would travel as much as possible so that our children would know that part of them, just as I would want them to know my Italian culture and family.

I will continue to pray
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Mystery11(m): 4:22pm On Oct 25, 2014
deleted

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 25, 2014
major466:

Let us be realistic. Ah ah.
But you know how important parents approval is. At least in Africa.
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by adebayour26: 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
frankmoney:
rubbish ...look at this mentally unstable slowpoke .....I just quoted u ....so u can hit your coconut head on the wall

Mystery11:

If you quote me again, I will e-slap you and reset that your low mentality state. cool

NairaMode:
Eh yah

Please u guyz should stop all these....get serious.
This babe needs a candid advice, so don't use your exchange of words to derail the thread.

God bless you as you comply.
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Mystery11(m): 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2014
Who says you will not succeed.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by major466(m): 4:32pm On Oct 25, 2014
NairaMode:

Let us be realistic. Ah ah.
But you know how important parents approval is. At least in Africa.
Yes you are right. Parental blessings is important. But the man's parents are wrong to judge this lady because of experience with the other son's wife of the same race.
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2014
adebayour26:

Please u guyz should stop all these....get serious.
This babe needs a candid advice, so don't use your exchange of words to derail the thread.

God bless you as you comply.

Oga, I am not so immature to just drop "Ehyah" on a thread like this.
I was moved and I wanted to think before typing and so she could see my advice easily.
You should have ignored though and just focus on the purpose of the thread.
I guess you are a teacher right?
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Mystery11(m): 4:37pm On Oct 25, 2014
NairaMode:

Oga, I am not so immature to just drop "Ehyah" on a thread like this.
I was moved and I wanted to think before typing and so she could see my advice easily.
You should have ignored though and just focus on the purpose of the thread.
I guess you are a teacher right?

grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Think My Pastors Daughter Likes Me / I Have A Huge Crush On Juliaann And Seriousbabe / Why Do Ladies Love Guys With 6packs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.