Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,827 members, 7,806,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. (3155 Views)

I'm Scared Of Approaching A Girl Because I'm Broke / She Refused To Date Me Because I'm Short.. / My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Mystery11(m): 4:39pm On Oct 25, 2014
Waastteedd
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by LORDI(m): 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
Apart from the guy's parent not approving this marriage,does your own parent approve of it?.
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
major466:

Yes you are right. Parental blessings is important. But the man's parents are wrong to judge this lady because of experience with the other son's wife of the same race.

For parents, hmm it is a heart breaking thing for them when their son marries a wife who finally misbehaved after getting married. It's like a spear in their heart. At least for Africans.

I'm sure that lady must have behaved nicely first.
I can relate with them seriously and why they do not want their son to make the same mistake.

The problem is Nigerian girls can actually do same so it's not a race thing anyway.

The elder brother who married the white woman also seem to be a lil bit immature.
Why won't my kids visit my parents but like people know, you don't want to get into trouble with this white wives or fiancé
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2014
Yes my parents approve, they have met him and like him very much. They don't quite understand what is going on with his parents (they can't get their heads around why my race has anything to do with it) but are still more than willing to meet them, they asked me to ask his parents to come to the house for dinner but my man said that wouldn't be received well by his parent
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by LORDI(m): 4:48pm On Oct 25, 2014
if you try your best to please the family and they don't accept you,..I'll advice you to forget it,forget the relationship,it's leading you no where.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by bolaino(m): 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2014
Elliespotify:

I'm not sure what you mean, sorry.
pay no attention to him, he is just pulling your legs, he is trying to find out if you're truly a caucasian. That's the motive behind his question, you seem like a nice person, and your Boyfriend also seems like a nice person, try to meet with the parents before they travel, if you don't you're going to lose your man, he won't go against them, you have to fight for him, meet with the parents and show them you can be a good African wife. White women usually control their husbands, and it's something that is frowned upon in Africa, show them you can be submissive, show them you won't divorce their son few years after you marry him. I wish you the best, you seem like a nice white lady.
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by adebayour26: 4:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
NairaMode:

Oga, I am not so immature to just drop "Ehyah" on a thread like this.
I was moved and I wanted to think before typing and so she could see my advice easily.
You should have ignored though and just focus on the purpose of the thread.
I guess you are a teacher right?
Yea, u ar in d spirit...proud to be a teacher.

Oya, drop your comment.
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
adebayour26:

Yea, u ar in d spirit...proud to be a teacher.

Oya, drop your comment.

Done.
Hope you no see rain?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 25, 2014
MizMyColi:
OP, Have you tried Prayer and Fasting? angry

r u nuts grin grin
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by MizMyColi(f): 5:31pm On Oct 25, 2014
KnuckleHead:

r u nuts grin grin

LoL
Guess I was outta my elements at the time.

Someone already spoke my mind on the thread.

Where ya bin?
angry
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by destante(f): 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2014
Mprex:
Op sorry oh! You are paying the price for another lady's action
but like someone said earlier, try to meet your man's father. He will be in a better position to fix this delima.

Wish you the best
the bold is so true. Kinda unfortunate sha.
Op I think too that meeting the man's dad is best. If he changes his stance, he could influence his wife too.
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2014
in the same place, where i'm going to hide again. Ciao tongue

MizMyColi:

Where ya bin?
angry
[/font]
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by haywire07(m): 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2014
omophunky:
Which type of white ? albino or bleacher

Seriously ehn...abeg is she really an albino or she's from a white race?
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by bigass(f): 6:08pm On Oct 25, 2014
Op is now a Nobody. Account deleted
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by omophunky(m): 6:21pm On Oct 25, 2014
haywire07:

Seriously ehn...abeg is she really an albino or she's from a white race?
Me myself I don't understand o hmmm
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Tymax(m): 6:56pm On Oct 25, 2014
MizMyColi:
OP, Have you tried Prayer and Fasting? angry
Rolling my glorious eyes
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by MizMyColi(f): 7:01pm On Oct 25, 2014
Tymax:

Rolling my glorious eyes

Here's hoping they don't pop out. angry
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Tymax(m): 7:07pm On Oct 25, 2014
MizMyColi:

Here's hoping they don't pop out. angry
Glorious eyes don't pop out angry Anyway, I totally understand your jealousy. tongue
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by MizMyColi(f): 7:11pm On Oct 25, 2014
Tymax:

Glorious eyes don't pop out angry Anyway, I totally understand your jealousy. tongue

Pfffttt

I no envy you jare.
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Tymax(m): 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2014
MizMyColi:

Pfffttt

I no envy you jare.
Me too. angry How did your day go?
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by MizMyColi(f): 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2014
Tymax:

Me too. angry How did your day go?

undecided undecided

Not Badly O.

OP don vex deactivate ni shocked shocked
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by Mclick(m): 7:55pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ones beaten twice shy they say. I can understand the fear of the parents and your own plight too. Its a feedback on you. For parents, it can be very difficult to let it happen to them again. So, it is not that the parents didn't like you, if you think the guy is yours, you have to pray and proof to them (the parent) every way possible that you meant well and you are not out to possess their son, that a.y you shall have their blessing
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by major466(m): 7:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
Why are my seeing nobody on this thread?
Re: Help! My Boyfriends Parents Don't Want Him To Be With Me Because I'm White. by BigBashiru: 8:17pm On Oct 25, 2014
@Nobody
Persistence is a soft skill. You need to persist until it works; the only other option is not to marry ur bf which is unacceptable.

Most marriages have one hurdle or another, it is never smooth sailing - most times someone may disapprove somewhere...

Bear in mind that you can also "force" their approval by going ahead anyway; with time they will get used to it.

It could be a closed minded mentality because Nigeria is not as diverse as UK so most of these parents talk about "our cultures customs" etc

Find out what their concern is, then address it. Show willingness to learn native customs and traditions and language etc.

I think they are more concerned of adaption than your being white :-)

Nigerians love whites!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

3cycle And Tall Guys / Deleted / WOW: Lady Shocks Annie Idibia, Strips Before 2face At Sapele (see Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.