Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari (5116 Views)

I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode / Saraki: My Original Sin Was Opposing Muslim/Muslim Ticket In The APC / Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by Caseless: 12:59am On Oct 26, 2014
After reading everything, i said two prayers. They are: 1.may God push gej/pdp out next year.
2. May God give GMB/APC victory against the killer party of Nigeria.
NB: he is the only officer in the nigerian army to have controlled 3 divisions out of 4. You cant beat that!!!
He's such an intelligent man.

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by SamIkenna: 2:03am On Oct 26, 2014
Caseless:
After reading everything, i said two prayers. They are: 1.may God push gej/pdp out next year.
2. May God give GMB/APC victory against the killer party of Nigeria.
NB: he is the only officer in the nigerian army to have controlled 3 divisions out of 4. You cant beat that!!!
He's such an intelligent man.

What makes him intelligent? He couldn't answer simple questions on resource control and political restructuring and you call that intelligence? Controlling 3 out of 4 divisions...... Asari Dokubo, Joseph Kony, Jonas Savimbi, or even Shekau has at one time or the other controlled units that arguably are more complex than Nigerian divisions that can't measure up to Rwanda's.

A man that stole the mandate my parents gave to a democratically elected govt over 20 something yrs ago came back in this day and age with a story of how he commanded 3 divisions and some of us want to roll out the drums?

GMB would be, at best, a lab cleaner in his youth in an ideal world. Reading through his answers I thought it was my peers and I practicing for one of our primary school quizzes that intermittently took place at Saint Joseph primary school, Isinweke. Believe me, we sure did better than him.

5 Likes

Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by frankyychiji(f): 2:31am On Oct 26, 2014
Arch1:
Nice one, but i am not satisfied with the response he gave about fiscal federalism and resource control
And I am not particularly excited about the answer he gave about supporting who wins if he should fail to get the ticket.
Nigerians beware, this man is selfish and unrepentant from his violence prone stances.

Its still Gej till 2019...

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 26, 2014
Hmm...For me, this interview tilts the scales in favor of Buhari. Initially, I had sympathy for GEJ but he has been given enough time to deliver and I don't see a promising future with him. GEJ's apologists even make things worse for him by spending a lot more energy on pointing out mostly far fetched flaws in political enemies than on making the masses understand the gains of his administration, if any. This is likely because there is really not much good to speak about. For myself and many like me, what is left of our sympathy for GEJ is our justified hatred for APC which is a result of their irritating and obvious hypocrisy and high-handedness, not forgetting the very arrogant, corrupt and self centered northern and Yoruba elite who have a controlling influence in the party.

4 Likes

Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by eunisam: 6:39am On Oct 26, 2014
why would you oppose it?
Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 26, 2014
Buhari was never a democrat, why is he soliciting for our votes now when he didn't uphold our fathers votes in the 80s?

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 8:08am On Oct 26, 2014
He just said everything i always know him for.on resource control.what did u expect him to say,so dat d north wil be against him.he rightly agreed with resource control,by saying he wil develop solid mineral and agriculture,for who ever have it,wil also control it.let me quickly go to church before i comment for d damage pdp has done to our nation.pls we need change by all means.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by PassingShot(m): 9:42am On Oct 26, 2014
This interview shows that Buhari is even more clever and in touch with economy than his haters would want us to believe.

Give us Buhari with a Fashola and Nigeria will be on her way to greatness again.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 26, 2014
Why is this thread not on the front page?
Mynd44, mukina2, obinoscopy. Please front page, let Nigerians read and decide

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 26, 2014
PassingShot:
This interview shows that Buhari is even more clever and in touch with economy than his haters would want us to believe.

Give us Buhari with a Fashola and Nigeria will be on her way to greatness again.
Exactly
Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by mrofficial(m): 10:12am On Oct 26, 2014
Obiagelli:
Why is this thread not on the front page?
Mynd44, mukina2, obinoscopy. Please front page, let Nigerians read and decide

If only APC could visit Abeokuta and give that guy brown envelop just as the PDP does. wink
Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 26, 2014
Mods, front page please. Let the people read the general's own words. Seun please

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 26, 2014
mrofficial:

If only APC could visit Abeokuta and give that guy brown envelop just as the PDP does. wink
I am pleading this time around, i hope he gets to see my post.
Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 26, 2014
atlwireles:
Who is to control what? shocked shocked shocked shocked

That is the question this election is going to answer. I want to thank Buhari for this interview.
Has gej or the pdp given you resources control? Nigerians like lies sha. Even pib is in the pipeline for years now.
God bless buhari for being honest

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 26, 2014
ProfCorruption:

It seems Buhari does not believe in fiscal federalism.
In my opinion, a lot of things needs to be put in place before you can get fiscal federalism, many of those things were mentioned by the general. I am glad the general didn't promise what he can't achieve in one term
Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 26, 2014
SamIkenna:
Resource control and restructuring got him off the rail.

GMB is arguably the most honest contender in 2015 election but he'll be up against some heck of immovable forces. If we were previously unsure about his stand on some issues that we believe must be addressed for Nigeria to actually be make a headway, now we're in the clear.

He wants to secure Nigeria - fine. But he also wants a continuation of the current vile and repulsive economic and political structure.

Its either he doesn't understand what resource control and political restructuring are or hes playing dumbo. Either way, too bad for him. Couple that with the fact that he comes from a region that never wants Nigeria restructured, then you get the idea that, perhaps, he's not dumbo after all.
Quick question, should resource control be gradual or instant?
The general spoke about diversifying the economy, agriculture and mining, after which we can talk of resource control. Let every region, every state and local government develop the ability to stand on its own before you can hand them control else some regions will be at great disadvantage
Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 26, 2014
SamIkenna:

What makes him intelligent? He couldn't answer simple questions on resource control and political restructuring and you call that intelligence? Controlling 3 out of 4 divisions...... Asari Dokubo, Joseph Kony, Jonas Savimbi, or even Shekau has at one time or the other controlled units that arguably are more complex than Nigerian divisions that can't measure up to Rwanda's.

A man that stole the mandate my parents gave to a democratically elected govt over 20 something yrs ago came back in this day and age with a story of how he commanded 3 divisions and some of us want to roll out the drums?

GMB would be, at best, a lab cleaner in his youth in an ideal world. Reading through his answers I thought it was my peers and I practicing for one of our primary school quizzes that intermittently took place at Saint Joseph primary school, Isinweke. Believe me, we sure did better than him.

What answers were you expecting? I will declear that every region controls its resources? Even a Niger delta president can't try that as of today else the whole system will collapse.

Develop or encourage other regions to develop its resources first.

If you want political lies, buhari will not offer you that. I remember gej saying in 2011 that PIB will be his first priority in office, today his tenure is almost gone. Nothing to show

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 26, 2014
Obiagelli:

In my opinion, a lot of things needs to be put in place before you can get fiscal federalism, many of those things were mentioned by the general. I am glad the general didn't promise what he can't achieve in one term

I agree, without diversification of Nigeria's economy, there is little chance that politicians that matter would allow fiscal federalism. The immediate concern is to fight corruption, grow the economy, devolve more powers to the state and move gradually towards true federalism. But you need to acknowledge this to move in that direction. Whichever way, I rate him the least toxic of all declared contenders.

As a digression, do you think Buhari can win APC ticket?

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
ProfCorruption:

I agree, without diversification of Nigeria's economy, there is little chance that politicians that matter would allow fiscal federalism. The immediate concern is to fight corruption, grow the economy, devolve more powers to the state and move gradually towards true federalism. But you need to acknowledge this to move in that direction. Whichever way, I rate him the least toxic of all declared contenders.

As a digression, do you think Buhari can win APC ticket?
I am glad buhari didn’t promise what he can't achieve.

As for the apc ticket? Everything points to Buhari as it stands

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by SamIkenna: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2014
Obiagelli:

Quick question, should resource control be gradual or instant?
The general spoke about diversifying the economy, agriculture and mining, after which we can talk of resource control. Let every region, every state and local government develop the ability to stand on its own before you can hand them control else some regions will be at great disadvantage

Resource control should be gradual while political restructuring should proceed with lightning speed. In the interview the General didn't even acknowledge these two nagging issues and we know why: his kinsmen benefit immensely from the center, from structural lopsidedness, and from outdated and vile quota system. He knows better than to change the system that's created 'Goliath' out of a foreign tribe, Fulani.

I do not belong to the school of thought that believes corruption must be fought and won from Abuja. Corruption needs to be won at the regional level and for that to happen all regional groupings or compatible enclaves need to be in full charge of their political, social, and economic lives and that includes, but not limited to, being in control of their God-given resources both in and on the earth. That is the way forward because as long as sharing goes on in Abuja corruption will only get worse. So fighting the monster in Abuja is merely whitewashing a sepulchre - One govt comes in and fights it, the next comes and does nothing - is that what we want?

It's perhaps true that he might fight corruption but what's also true is that he's coming to perpetuate the current system we all despise as well as entrench Fulani hegemony even deeper.

I admire Buhari in some areas, in a lot of areas to be frank, but I do not want him (for 3 reasons) as the president of a secular and diverse Nigeria. The country, at this juncture, can use less divisive people.
Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by Demdem(m): 6:19pm On Oct 26, 2014
Obiagelli:

Has gej or the pdp given you resources control? Nigerians like lies sha. Even pib is in the pipeline for years now.
God bless buhari for being honest

U dey mind these ones, what the killer party hasn't been able to give for years they want immediate commitment from the General.
To be honest, he was sincere and spoke excellently well.
He may not be the best Nigeria can offer but he is surely the best available man capable of chasing the curse currently in aso rock away.
Re: Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 26, 2014
Demdem:

U dey mind these ones, what the killer party hasn't been able to give for years they want immediate commitment from the General.
To be honest, he was sincere and spoke excellently well.
He may not be the best Nigeria can offer but he is surely the best available man capable of chasing the curse currently in aso rock away.
Well said.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Total Revenue Generate By Key AGENCIES IN NIGERIA In 2014 / Nnamdi Kanu Reveals States He Will Claim If Referendum Is Granted / Breaking: Yahaya Bello Former ADC Now Aisha Buhari ADC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.