Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,458 members, 7,770,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:23 AM

How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? (2037 Views)

I'm In Need Of A Professional Webmaster/web Developer Within Abeokuta Urgently! / I'm In Need Of A Professional Webmaster/web Developer Within Ibadan Urgently! / Are You A Webmaster, Web Designer, Internet Marketer, Web Developer. You Must Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by launique: 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hello guys. I'm looking for a webmaster to build a blog and website for my organization.

I will need him to:

1. Get a domain name from Godaddy,
2. Build a WordPress blog with the domain name and design the blog and website to my liking.

After that I'll require him to hand over everything to me and I'll manage the blog myself henceforth. I'll also change the password and customize some security settings in both the GoDaddy and WordPress accounts.
Please Webmasters, how can I make sure that the person building my blog/website does not have any access or control over it once our contract has ended? How can I makes sure he hands over everything to me without still being able to access and control it after then? Are there any steps I must follow? My blog/website is a sensitive one. Please advice me Nairalanders.
Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by dwebdesign(m): 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
you can

1. Ensure that the e-mail address used for the domain name and hosting registration is one that you have access to and its yours.
reason is that , you can only make requests to change cpanel details with the e-mail address used during the reg. of both the domain and its hosting account. if he has access to your cpanel, he has access to everything and can alter the database if he is GOOD.

I am a website developer/ designer,

for further inquiry ,

mobile: 08133884165

whatsapp: 08133884165

BBM: 2BB63350

1 Like

Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by CreativeWeb2: 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2014
I perfectly understand your fear. But you must have to trust ur developer or designer to benefit from his web design services. This is why one can hire a total stranger on freelancer.com and he wil do the job perfectly.

You dont need to give the person cpanel access. Just install wordpress from your cpanel and then give him the wordpress admin login details.

If you dont know how to install wp from cpanel, then give him access to cpanel. When he's done with ur job and u ar satisfied, just change the usernames and passwords of your cpanel and wp admin. The person will never be able to have access to the dashboard again, except he's a ominipresent beign.

I am a wordpress geek. I can craft an awesome wordpress website with blog for u. I wil use one of the best premium wp themes to design it. I wil register the domain and host it on godaddy.com. I wil use ur email to create the account on godaddy. I work with every sense of creativity and integrity.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by IamGodzilla: 12:00am On Oct 26, 2014
Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by talk2hb1(m): 3:05am On Oct 26, 2014
I can do the job for you and you don't need to trust me with the login detail. we can go through the contract process or you can change your login detail immediately after the project is done to your satisfaction.
you can reach me on 08064620491 for reference and inquiry.
Regards' Habeeb Salami

1 Like

Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by adewasco2k(m): 5:56am On Oct 26, 2014
1. register the domain and host with your own email
2. give the cpanel details to the developer
3. change the credentials after a job well done

I will also like to know why the emphasis on Godaddy?

A little advice though, most web designers/developers dont like when clients start acting like they know the job grin mostly i will prefer a client to act like a noob to some extent at least.

NOTE: use your own email, because even if he creates an email for you and give you login and you change password, he can still retrieve it if he uses forget password via security questions or alternative email which he has specified during registration.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by CreativeWeb2: 6:43am On Oct 26, 2014
@ Adewasco2k, the emphasis is on godaddy becos the op mentioned that. Godaddy is good, but I wil recommend www.siteground.com
Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by adewasco2k(m): 10:41am On Oct 26, 2014
CreativeWeb2:
@ Adewasco2k, the emphasis is on godaddy becos the op mentioned that. Godaddy is good, but I wil recommend www.siteground.com

i agree with your siteground's recommendation
Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by emmyvet(m): 11:05am On Oct 26, 2014
Is very simple use your email for the cpanel, when he finish designing Chane your password and username.
Make you don't let the developer know that you don't trust him in terms of security o.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by bedfordng(m): 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2014
if you are afraid,then you can create the domain and cpanel details, and then install wordpress.give admin right of the wordpress to your developer to do the design,they can use xapp or wamp to do offline design and after they are done, you can install the template.but that is a long process, you will need to look for trusted developer to get everything done without compromise

1 Like

Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by launique: 7:12pm On Oct 26, 2014
adewasco2k:
1. register the domain and host with your own email
2. give the cpanel details to the developer
3. change the credentials after a job well done

I will also like to know why the emphasis on Godaddy?

A little advice though, most web designers/developers dont like when clients start acting like they know the job grin mostly i will prefer a client to act like a noob to some extent at least.

NOTE: use your own email, because even if he creates an email for you and give you login and you change password, he can still retrieve it if he uses forget password via security questions or alternative email which he has specified during registration.
Thanks a lot. That was very comprehensive. I prefer GoDaddy because I think it's the most secure and their servers are also very reliable.
Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by launique: 7:14pm On Oct 26, 2014
emmyvet:
Is very simple use your email for the cpanel, when he finish designing Chane your password and username.
Make you don't let the developer know that you don't trust him in terms of security o.
grin I won't
Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by launique: 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2014
Thanks guys.
Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by jos4kay: 10:20pm On Oct 31, 2014
Morons, credit card info of the webmaster is always stored by the hosting companies.

Nobody was talking about it.

Godaddy is notorious, experience will teach u.

I no fit shout.
Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by onyengbu: 11:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
jos4kay:
Morons, credit card info of the webmaster is always stored by the hosting companies.

I no fit shout.
Stop calling people morons. It makes you sound like one.
Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by CreativeWeb2: 3:16am On Nov 01, 2014
jos4kay:

I no fit shout.

You ar actually the slowpoke here. If the client has access to his hosting account, he can change the billing info.
Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by jos4kay: 7:25am On Nov 01, 2014
I ve said it before experience will teach you. Give your client access, let him change the default email and HOPE he will also change the billing info. I no fit laugh. I actually wish to be your client. Dumbass

CreativeWeb2:

You ar actually the slowpoke here. If the client has access to his hosting account, he can change the billing info.
Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by CreativeWeb2: 7:50am On Nov 01, 2014
jos4kay
post=27627960:

I ve said it before experience will teach you. Give your
client access, let him change the default email and HOPE he will also
change the billing info. I no fit laugh. I actually wish to be your
client. Dumbass

U ar actually very stup!d. If my client cant change the billing info, what stops me changing it myself or making the hosting not to be in auto renewal? Ewu.
Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by jos4kay: 8:11am On Nov 01, 2014
Not all client will be as dumb as you are. I'm very sure you are not very experienced. Let me teach u. No hosting company will allow you to change billing info until you pay with another card. And what if you change the auto renewal and your sharp client reverse it.

CreativeWeb2:

U ar actually very stup!d. If my client cant change the billing info, what stops me changing it myself or making the hosting not to be in auto renewal? Ewu.
Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by CreativeWeb2: 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2014
I change my billing info as i like on domain.com. I can change the Security. During another payment, if the current card didnt go, the renewal wil simply bounce back.
Re: How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? by CreativeWeb2: 7:46pm On Nov 01, 2014
I change my billing info as i like on domain.com. I can change the Security. During another payment, if the current card didnt go, the renewal wil simply bounce back.

which hosting company wil cage and enslave one frm changing his billing info? will they force me to renew? if my billing info is wrong or correct but no sufficient fund, they can only decline renewal.

(1) (Reply)

Bloggers, Drop Your Blog Link For Review / Does It Mean No Legit Website To Earn Money On Internet? / How To Insert Emoticons & Html Tags In A Webpage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.