Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? (41673 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? / What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by ideology(m): 9:27am On Oct 27, 2014
APOSTLE JOHN

REASONS :
1. He was the most humble, quite and calm, never appeared in controverial issues

2. closest to Jesus, this reflected when Jesus On the cross said, Son behold thy mother

3. His closeness to Jesus, is revealed in the level of revelation of Christ, and how he functioned.

4. He gives the simplest explanation of who Christ is, what he came to do, who a Christian is and our place in Christ. (Read John, 1, 2, 3 John )

5. The only Apostle That didn't die of persecution. He was boiled in hot oil, yet he came out of the oil alive, with no burns, they had to banish him, revealing the power of God that could be put to use.

6. The most important is his fellowship with the Holy spirit

I would love to be like St John.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Revolva(m): 9:39am On Oct 27, 2014
Barnabas that nicca was d illest nigga
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 27, 2014
she was not a virgin for the rest of her life though...Jesus had brothers and she married Joseph
FrancisTony:
My favourite character is Mary.

Mother so pure, chaste etc.

No woman can endure her sufferings.

-First and only woman to conceive without having sex.

-Carrying a baby in her womb for nine month.

- Her son was killed on the cross of calvary and handed over to her. cry

-Crying as her son was being wounded and humiliated.

-Not doubting Angel Gabriel during visitation and being a Virgin till the rest of her life.

-Understanding her son in the Wedding of canann.

Oh well! smiley
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Sepp360(m): 9:51am On Oct 27, 2014
JerryJJZ:

You are right sha,,,,, we are all learning to know this God which we absolutely cant know everything about but to some extent,,,,
cheesy cheesy May that same God bless you for me. Amen.
Unlike some gays and silly hypocrites that claim they know God intoto. Decieving themselves and some shallow minded morons. God still remains a mystery, yet to be unfolded.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by rinrin23(f): 10:23am On Oct 27, 2014
hifaif:

SMP. Guy, you are so ignorant. Siddhārtha
Gautama (Gautama Buddha) lived and died before Christ, so how could Christ have been his mentor? Maybe, he was Christ's mentor.

As for your assertion that Christ was at age 12 challenging Drs and Profs, any historical document (aside the bible) to back that up? None.

Thank you for educating him. The ignorance on this thread is serious!
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by JerryJJZ(m): 10:53am On Oct 27, 2014
Sepp360:
cheesy cheesy May that same God bless you for me. Amen.
Unlike some gays and silly hypocrites that claim they know God intoto. Decieving themselves and some shallow minded morons. God still remains a mystery, yet to be unfolded.

Tnx o bro,, its nice meeting u,, am Isaac by d way,,,
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 27, 2014
Book of Deuteronomy was one of those books written by Moses. if Moses could write the verses below about himself, then he is my favourite character in the bible

34:7 'And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated'

34:8 And the children of Israel wept for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days: so the days of weeping and mourning for Moses were ended.

34:9 And Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom; for Moses had laid his hands upon him: and the children of Israel hearkened unto him, and did as the LORD commanded Moses.

34:10 And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Sepp360(m): 11:20am On Oct 27, 2014
JerryJJZ:

Tnx o bro,, its nice meeting u,, am Isaac by d way,,,
it's nice meeting you too. You're welcome.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by samuelezekiel(m): 11:20am On Oct 27, 2014
sameer1212:
God tempted those he love most undecided

point of correction folks, God is not a tempter, he does not tempt neither can hr be tempted, he only test those he love, just like gold is bend refined in fire, so he also refine you by testing u, so u can come out looking glittering just like gold and Paul said we should test ourselves continually.... thanks
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by samuelezekiel(m): 11:22am On Oct 27, 2014
MuguliciousMUGU:
My favorite bible character is solomon... Imagine that man had 1000 wives and 5000 concubines... I want to be like him

brother mugulicious, its 700 wives and 300 concubines...
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 27, 2014
Tikitaka:

Read the story again and you will discover that God did not tempt Job, Satan did. God allowed Job to tempted but did not Himself tempt Job. There is a difference between allowing something to happen and doing that same thing. Infact God does not tempt people. James 1:13-15

I think you should read my post again - I never said God tempted him...I said why did God allow him to be tempted so much.

Thanks
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by samuelezekiel(m): 11:32am On Oct 27, 2014
[b][/b]
FrancisTony:

-Not doubting Angel Gabriel during visitation and being a Virgin till the rest of her life.

Oh well! smiley
FrancisTony:

Oh well! smiley
[quote author=FrancisTony post=27455135]My favourite character is Mary.

-Not doubting Angel Gabriel during visitation and being a virgin till the rest of her life.

Oh well! smiley[/quote

that part wey u say, ...and being a virgin till the rest of her life, I no undastan o....
do u know that Mary had other sons and daughters for Joseph apart from Jesus...one of Jesus' step brother was Seth...
except maybe the meaning of virgin done change o

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by namek(m): 11:54am On Oct 27, 2014
Jesus Christ of Nazareth remains my favorite bible character because there was no selfishness in Him. He came for others to be saved, He had no sin in Him, He is love Himself, an embodiment of power, in-fact He is the role model
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Pamcrest(f): 12:59pm On Oct 27, 2014
Besides Jesus, the stories that touch are Mary's, David's, Ruth's, Hannah's. Whatever God has destined for u will become yours in spite of any obstacle or challenge u face. He whom God blesses remains blessed.
My humble submission
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 27, 2014
Paul- he didn't care much for impressing other people yet compassionate in his speech and i believe dealings.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by geezzzyy(m): 2:43pm On Oct 27, 2014
My favorite is Enoch... His intimacy with God!!

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 27, 2014
rinrin23:

Thank you for educating him. The ignorance on this thread is serious!

Very serious.

It has been a while. How do you do? I missed you.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by rinrin23(f): 3:06pm On Oct 27, 2014
hifaif:

Very serious.

It has been a while. How do you do? I missed you.

Yes it has. I've been here, lurking in the shadows. Sometimes it takes a lot of strength to comment and be civil on this forum. Kudos to those of you that are consistent with it!
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 27, 2014
rinrin23:

Yes it has. I've been here, lurking in the shadows. Sometimes it takes a lot of strength to comment and be civil on this forum. Kudos to those of you that are consistent with it!

Yes, indeed. Takes a whole lot of effort. I hope I can PM you sometimes?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by rinrin23(f): 3:54pm On Oct 27, 2014
hifaif:

Yes, indeed. Takes a whole lot of effort. I hope I can PM you sometimes?

Sure

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by cotzywitzy(m): 4:06pm On Oct 27, 2014
Jesus, David, Moses, Solomon

No one like Jesus...

No one like David..

No one as meek as Moses

There will never be anyone as rich as Solomon...Even Bill gate and all the billionaires in the world can never be ad rich as he is.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by ozolity(m): 4:22pm On Oct 27, 2014
The great Apostle Paul. Who brought the goodnews to we gentiles
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by aminaeke: 4:38pm On Oct 27, 2014
DAVID, HE WAS A HUMBLE MAN, HE IS ONE OF THE BIBLE WRITTERS, HE WROTE EVERY THING ABOUT HIMSELF
EVEN HIS WRONGDOINGS HE DID NOT LEAVE OUT. WHEN HIS SINS WERE MADE KNOWN TO HIM BY PROPHET NATHAN
DAVID SHOWED A REPENTANT HEART, ALTHOUGH A KING, HE ACCEPTED CORRECTION AND BEGGED FOR FORGIVENESS.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by macof(m): 5:21pm On Oct 27, 2014
FrancisTony:

Oh well! smiley

Lies and lies.

Mary isn't the first, Isis- mother of Horus, Maya- mother of Gautama Buddha,
Samele-mother of dionysus. and many other mothers of demi-gods like Hercules and Persus

All mothers carry a baby for 9months, some even carry triplets and more

Mary isn't the first or last to lose her son, or watch him suffer.. you should know that

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Glocal1: 5:22pm On Oct 27, 2014
Just wondering d standard Gods going to use to judge us all at d end, considering d level at which some of these bible characters operated. Though der stories is for our admonition. I wish to av d ,spirit of worship of Abel,meekness of Moses, power of Elijah in Elisha, wealth n wisdom of Solomon, prowess of David, loyalty of John, passion of Paul, and d selflessness of Stephen...........
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 27, 2014
macof:

Lies and lies.

Mary isn't the first, Isis- mother of Horus, Maya- mother of Gautama Buddha,
Samele-mother of dionysus. and many other mothers of demi-gods like Hercules and Persus

All mothers carry a baby for 9months, some even carry triplets and more

Mary isn't the first or last to lose her son, or watch him suffer.. you should know that

1) We are talking about biblical figures not fictional characters. tongue

2) She carried our Lord saviour Jesus christ in her womb. Even Elizabeth testified, She ain't worthy to receive the mother of our Lord.- Luke 1:43 cool

3) Who else watched her son die? Her one and only son. undecided

By the way, I didn't say she is the only one.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by igbo2011(m): 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2014
Is this real or is it a fairy tale?

The real question should be who is your favorite Orisha?
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Beetwaise(m): 5:48pm On Oct 27, 2014
I would opine that Apostle Paul is my favourite bible character. Here are my reasons:

1. He made supreme groundbreaking discoveries which have thrown more light to living a pragmatic christian life.

2. He advised young men & women on how/why they should live their youthful days to the glory of God; esp his words to timothy & titus.

3. He spread the gospel fearlessly to several parts of the globe without considering if his mortal body perishes.... a wonderful evangelical campaign I would say.

4. Took evangelism to a different dimension, trailblazing the path for the new age christians.

These are just a few,I still doff my hat for Apostle Paul.

........ I am Beetwaise...still classic.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by blessed4ril(f): 5:50pm On Oct 27, 2014
King David.
He esteemed and loved God sincerely above other things. He was naturally a kind and sincere man. And most importantly holds the things of God so SACRED.

I so love that man mehn and wishes I can be like him sha.

Already mapped the name out for my first son, so help me God.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Bukast(m): 6:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
blessed4ril:
King David.
He esteemed and loved God sincerely above other things. He was naturally a kind and sincere man. And most importantly holds the things of God so SACRED.

I so love that man mehn and wishes I can be like him sha.

Already mapped the name out for my first son, so help me God.
we are on same boat..david comit almost al type of sin yet begd nd God 4gave him.. D most of al wich i want 2b is dat he waz King of Music
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 27, 2014
Bukast:
we are on same boat..david comit almost al type of sin yet begd nd God 4gave him.. D most of al wich i want 2b is dat he waz King of Music

Ebuka?? shocked

I don catch you. tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

When You Can't Stop Having Causal Sex / Father Christmas Keeping Social Distance / My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.