Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,146,303 members, 7,792,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? (41599 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? / What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by nicechic(f): 11:08am On Oct 26, 2014
MuguliciousMUGU:
My favorite bible character is solomon... Imagine that man had 1000 wives and 5000 concubines... I want to be like him
ur Username says it all......

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by smudge2079(m): 11:09am On Oct 26, 2014
Solomon, he had 700wives and 300 concubines. JK... Just Kidding!
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by uboma(m): 11:09am On Oct 26, 2014
bustyhelen:

na that one u go like with dis ur kind of moniker. SMH.

Leave her alone pls and stop being over righteous...

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Odunharry(m): 11:10am On Oct 26, 2014
DAVID

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by seyilabi(m): 11:12am On Oct 26, 2014
englishmart:
700 wives and 300 cuncubines pls.
What is the difference?, mumu like u always finding fault instead of focusing on the topic of discussion.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by uboma(m): 11:12am On Oct 26, 2014
blessedvisky:

the moniker says it all... lipsrsealed

Are you free from sin yourself Live and let live. Even if she was deep into sin, is this how you as a Christian will encourage her

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 26, 2014
lalasticlala:
My favorite bible character or my hero from the Holy Bible is Joseph.

Joseph overcame all the challenges of life he had starting from his elder brothers' jealousy, to surviving being killed by his jealous brothers, and surviving the jail term given to him over false accusations and finally being lifted up to the exalted position of Egyptian Prime Minister.

Joseph's character is worthy of emulation. I wonder how many young men in this our generation could do what Joseph did, could resist the temptation Joseph resisted from Potipher's wife.

It's obvious that if Joseph had yielded to the demands of Potipher's wife, he would have enjoyed free sex, the best of food, money, etc. Because his Oga's wife would have been his 'sugar mama'.

But Joseph rejected the offer.

The account of Joseph in the Bible can be found in Genesis chapter 39:

6And [Potiphar] left all that he had in Joseph's charge and paid no attention to anything he had except the food he ate. Now Joseph was an attractive person and fine-looking.

7Then after a time his master's wife cast her eyes upon Joseph, and she said, Lie with me.

8But he refused and said to his master's wife, See here, with me in the house my master has concern about nothing; he has put all that he has in my care.

9He is not greater in this house than I am; nor has he kept anything from me except you, for you are his wife. How then can I do this great evil and sin against God?

10She spoke to Joseph day after day, but he did not listen to her, to lie with her or to be with her.

11Then it happened about this time that Joseph went into the house to attend to his duties, and none of the men of the house were indoors.

12And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me! But he left his garment in her hand and fled and got out [of the house].

13And when she saw that he had left his garment in her hand and had fled away,

14She called to the men of her household and said to them, Behold, he [your master] has brought in a Hebrew to us to mock and insult us; he came in where I was to lie with me, and I screamed at the top of my voice.

How many Josephs do we have in this our generation?

If you were in Joseph's shoes, would you have done what he did?

Many Potipher's wives still abound in this our generation.

How many have been able to resist them.

Who is your favorite character from the Bible and why?
mine is Joab. Loyal, Efficient-the kind of lieutenant you need by your side to survive and thrive during crisis. He gets the job done regardless of how challenging it is.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by chicagochesima(m): 11:15am On Oct 26, 2014
Solomon
He ask God for wisdom to judge and lead right.
He was wealthy, he had no blood in his hand all battle had been fought for him by david, he built God house,
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by sugaarbear(m): 11:15am On Oct 26, 2014
i love king david.......despite his sins he still acknowleged God and always asking for forgiveness...he never ran away from God

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by donifez(m): 11:17am On Oct 26, 2014
Mine is isaiah because one mad man calls me by that name when i was little.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by yokiti: 11:17am On Oct 26, 2014
For me, its King David who happens to be a man I respect because of the way he understands God.
Some things I have seen in life ( remembering the bible verse that say "surely, affliction maketh a wise man mad" ) has helped me to believe that the man Job for not denying God throughout his experiences in life is a man all should uniformly give unparallel kudos to for his act of perseverance and uncommon faith in God during his trying times.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by odehaj: 11:17am On Oct 26, 2014
sameer1212:
God tempted those he love most undecided
God did not tempt Job,God allowed for.As a matter of FACT,God does not tempt,devils do. Plsssss understand scriptures so that you don't err. Jesus said you err knowing not scriptures Matt.22:29.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by therapisteve(m): 11:18am On Oct 26, 2014
Jonathan!!!

He was so loyal to a seemingly threat(David)...He was supposed to be obsessed with d tot of inheriting d throne and plotting with His father to annihilate David but d Bible said "And Jonathan Loved David even as His own Soul". He knew all along dat David was Meant for d throne and divinely ordained to be His Father's successor.

But Painfully, He was cut off in His Prime.I still feel very Sad each Time I read about His Death in d Bible!!!

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Elegbede205(m): 11:20am On Oct 26, 2014
englishmart:
of course.
That's no big deal.

yeap ddat no big deal 4 mee too buh i am sure you and i cant cos Jesus died in a more horrible way and not just by a GUN
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by agbeke58(f): 11:20am On Oct 26, 2014
Mine is David because he is very very loyal. When king saul was after his life, he had d opportunity to kill saul twice but refused.

When king saul was defeated in a war, a guy ran to david to say he was the one dat killed saul hoping that david would reward him, david ordered him to be killed for killing d annointed of God.

He knows his ways with God. He is a praise addict. No wonder God himself called him a man after His heart.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Frydae: 11:20am On Oct 26, 2014
ELIJAH. Its because He really showed the world Y they should fear and respect GOD!
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 26, 2014
uboma:

Are you free from sin yourself Live and let live. Even if she was deep into sin, is this how you as a Christian will encourage her
baba wetin na?
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by cooljoe(m): 11:24am On Oct 26, 2014
Jesus, becos He's my Lord nd Saviour
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by kristen12(f): 11:28am On Oct 26, 2014
donciccio:

Y dis encyclopaedia u wrote?

For me is Methuselah cos I want to live 999 years.
Emabinu, the bible passages made it long and I added "it" so that anybody reading would understand better
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 26, 2014
rattlesnake:
JUDAS
He killed himself when the stardom became too much for him to handle oooooo shocked shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Supremor(m): 11:32am On Oct 26, 2014
My favorite bible character is Job really can find such a man in our time. A man who suffered several afflictions for the sake of God, lost all he had and was consequently derided by all even his wife but still stood strong.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by MizMyColi(f): 11:36am On Oct 26, 2014
xtervaganza:
ehen

LoL

Hi smiley

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by mumubynature(m): 11:36am On Oct 26, 2014
King Solomon:the wisdom,the wealth,throughout his reign no war in the land.But i despise his end
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by kgr8mike(m): 11:40am On Oct 26, 2014
My favourite bible character is Apostle Paul. This man brought the gospel of Jesus Christ to my understanding. May be without him I may have still been living under the law even though the dispensation of grace has come. Apostle Paul made this gospel of Christ living and active. God bless Apostle Paul.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by mickyarams: 11:42am On Oct 26, 2014
King Solomon because of his 200 wives and 800 concubines. The only downside is there will be too many gobby mother in-laws to worry about.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by decasey(m): 11:45am On Oct 26, 2014
Mean is Elijah, men dat man of GOD get action. I Wish I heard d kind power dat man have dere ar some pple I would have love 2 destroyed.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by SIRcumalot: 11:48am On Oct 26, 2014
Samson hands down
Dude is badass
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 26, 2014
Mine is gotta be Satan. So far this fictional character has killed no one according to the fictional biblical account.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 26, 2014
I fancy Jocobs role in the bible being the founder of the present day Israel.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 26, 2014
Deborah a prophetess of God, warrior, a judge in isreal, the wife of lapidoth and also the only female judge mentioned in the bible judge 4 and 5. i also like Judith for how she gained Holofernes's trust by promising him information concerning the isrealites and also how she later decapitated him then later took his head to her fearful countrymen
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Judas2013: 11:50am On Oct 26, 2014
Judas : He sold the Jewish bastard

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:52am On Oct 26, 2014
Kig David and my namesake,Joseph the dreamer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) / How Nigerian Churches Are Taking Advantage Of Technology To Make Global Impact / Prophet TB Joshua Resurrects Sergey Park, ‘A Clinically Dead’ South Korean Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.