Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Man 'Molested By Priest 65 Years Ago' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Man 'Molested By Priest 65 Years Ago' (549 Views)

At least 65 dead in Makkah Grand Mosque crane crash (graphic Pics) / Catholic Priest Beheaded In Syria By Jihadist Fighters / Gbabo's Wife Being Molested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man 'Molested By Priest 65 Years Ago' by aboy247: 10:16pm On Oct 25, 2014
A 72-year-old man has described being raped in a boys' home 65 years ago by a priest who told him if he did not obey him he would "not go to heaven".

Eddie Murphy is the third man to tell the BBC about abuse carried out by Fr Wilfred Johnson at the St Francis Boys' Home in Shefford, Bedfordshire.

He attended the home, which closed in 1974, in the late 1940s to early 1950s.
Fr Johnson, who ran the home from 1945 to 1954, died in 1994. Police are investigating abuse allegations.

Mr Murphy has waived his right to automatic anonymity in order to speak out about the alleged abuse.

"It was a terrible experience. I was molested again and again by Fr Johnson," he said.

"Johnson would tie me to the bed in the bedroom. He raped me a couple of times. I was so terrified. I could not tell my family.

"At one time I told a local bobby. He was not interested. He thought I was a child telling lies.

"The priest used to tell me that if I did not do things I would not go to heaven."

[center]Father Wilfred Johnson ran the home from 1945 to 1954[/center]

Source: [url=http://www..com.ng/index.php/world-news/item/768-man-raped-by-priest-65-years-ago][/url]

(1) (Reply)

Iran Tests More Missiles, 'capable Of Reaching Israel' / Vladimir Putin More Admired Across The World Than Dalai Lama And Pope Francis. / My Advice Is For The Queen Of Britain To Reject David Cameron Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.