Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,168 members, 7,780,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:38 AM

Top TEN Paul Scholes Quotes Ahead Of Chelsea Clash - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Top TEN Paul Scholes Quotes Ahead Of Chelsea Clash (734 Views)

Manchester United Faces Injury Scare Ahead Of Chelsea Clash! / Top TEN Paul Scholes Quotes Ahead Of Chelsea Clash / ‘steven Gerrard Better Than David Beckham And Paul Scholes’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top TEN Paul Scholes Quotes Ahead Of Chelsea Clash by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 26, 2014
Cape Town - Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes believes Manchester United need to beat Chelsea on Sunday.
Paul Scholes was writing in a column for the Independent and gave his opinion on a few issues going into his former club's game against Chelsea

Top TEN quotes from Paul Scholes ahead of the match:

1. "United need to win. Chelsea will regard anything more than a draw as a bonus."

2. "[Marouane] Fellaini is a good player. Is he an obvious choice to play in midfield for United? No. Would he be the first man you would look to as a second striker off Robin van Persie? No. But he is a great option for Van Gaal, and he has hit some form."

3. "My concern, from United’s point of view, is Radamel Falcao. Is he match-fit? Is he even free of injury? He still does not look quite right to me."

4. "Much will depend on the fitness of Angel Di Maria on Sunday. I love the way Di Maria plays, although I would prefer he gave the ball away a little less."

5. "No one can argue with the strength of Chelsea’s start to the season. They are such a solid team. To describe them as workmanlike would be to do them an injustice, but at the heart of the way they operate is a very simple understanding of how to win football matches."

6. "I have a feeling United can win this game, provided they can keep certain individuals under control. Top of that list will be Eden Hazard,"

7. "Against West Bromwich Albion on Monday, the home side had two chances and took both of them. In many respects I felt United were unlucky."

8. "I believe that in Marcos Rojo and Phil Jones they have the makings of a partnership at centre-half and Sunday will be the kind of test that defines them."

9. "[Phil] Jones has the raw talent. Now it is up to him to show he has the character to tell people what he wants from them."

10. On Angel Di Maria, Scholes said: "He reminds me of Ryan Giggs, who never allowed himself to be fazed on the pitch. If a cross or a shot did not work the first time, he was always sure that it would do so the next time or the time after that. It is a vital quality to have in a creative player.
http://m.news24.com/nigeria/Sport/Football/Scholes-United-need-to-win-20141025
Re: Top TEN Paul Scholes Quotes Ahead Of Chelsea Clash by neejay1986(m): 10:56am On Oct 26, 2014
Story for the gods....make I see how man u go win am nah.
Re: Top TEN Paul Scholes Quotes Ahead Of Chelsea Clash by adeoladrg(m): 12:14pm On Oct 26, 2014
Story!

(1) (Reply)

Trick Or Not? Kris Angels And Dynamo / Viewing Center, Beer Parlour Or Sitting Room: Where Do You Prefer? / RED CARD !!!!!! Footballer Banned For 99 Years (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.