Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,240 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

How To Upgrade And Restore Dead Strong Decoder - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Upgrade And Restore Dead Strong Decoder (2332 Views)

See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade / We Sale, Install Repair Upgrade And Do Maintenance Of Inverter And Solar System. / How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Upgrade And Restore Dead Strong Decoder by Gatasolomon(m): 4:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
Good day! today am going to talk about how to upgrade a strong decoder and how to restore a strong decoder thats dead. What i mean by ''death decoders" are those that refused to turn on after upgrading the decoder, this might be due to use of wrong or lower version of firmware on the decoder.
Now for does who during the process of upgrading their decoders killed it, hahaha they actually did the reverse .
GOOD NEWS>>> you can actually bring your decoder back to life.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS
1. A personal computer{pc}
2. A decoder that's some what like the death one
3. A rs-232 cable
Basically they are two ways :
Restoring a death decoder using another decoder of same firmware
1. Get a decoder that tallys with yours
2. Get a rs-232 cable and insert the usb mouth in the new decoder, while the other head is to be pluged at the back of the death decoder. Make sure you remove the death decoder from light.
3. Using the new decoder goto menu>>>system settings>>>data transfer>>>then click on the firmware. Wait for it to load... wow you did it.
Restore a death decoder using your PC
1. Goto your decoder's website link and download the srt loader and the firmware to your pc
2. Lunch the srt loader >>> click on the browse button>>> locate your software and select
3. Connect your rs-232 cable to the decoder and pc. Now press auto detect, once your decoder is dictated. Once your decoder is dictated click on download and wait for the process to complete. That's all you have made it......!!
Re: How To Upgrade And Restore Dead Strong Decoder by seunlayi(m): 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2014
nice one Op, you deserve a launch from me

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

HTML & CSS Whatsapp Group / Laptop for sale SOLD / How Do I Know An Original Laptop Battery? Where Can I Get One In Abuja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.