Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? (3375 Views)

Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Christian Lips Burnt With A Cigarette For Eating During Ramadan / Nothing Wrong With Alcohol, Cigarette – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? <<Rumor?>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by dein77(m): 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2014
Is it a sin for a Christian to buy alcohol or cigarette for his father? Is he touching an unclean thing?
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by asudan: 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2014
dein77:
Is it a sin for a Christian to buy alcohol or cigarette for his father? Is he touching an unclean thing?
should a Christian buy poison or Ak 47 for his father? please answer this one then you will get response
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by Goshen360(m): 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2014
dein77:

Sin consciousness sees sin virtually in everything in life. You, who have been made whole by the blood of Christ still think touching a pack of cigarettes will make you unclean. Isn't that ridiculous? But it can become a sin depending on your understanding. ...for whatever is not of faith is sin.
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by larrymoore(m): 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2014
Bible recommends it, drink on and on.
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by ayo4dworld(m): 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2014
Health wise, it's something bad, putting his lungs, kidney and heart in danger not to now talk of it biblically which is a sin. Let him know the effect of it to his health maybe you could convice him. You should also support it telling him that God also detests it. It is well with you.
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by dein77(m): 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2014
asudan:

should a Christian buy poison or Ak 47 for his father? please answer this one then you will get response

I don't think both situations are similar.
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by dein77(m): 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2014
Goshen360:

Sin consciousness sees sin virtually in everything in life. You, who have been made whole by the blood of Christ still think touching a pack of cigarettes will make you unclean. Isn't that ridiculous? But it can become a sin depending on your understanding. ...for whatever is not of faith is sin.

If your dad asks you to buy him alcohol, will you?
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by Goshen360(m): 6:30pm On Oct 26, 2014
dein77:

If your dad asks you to buy him alcohol, will you?

Before I answer you, do you mind telling us why Christ or any of the Apostles condemn drinking alcohol?
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by dein77(m): 6:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
Goshen360:

Before I answer you, do you mind telling us why Christ or any of the Apostles condemn drinking alcohol?

For obvious reasons: our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, and drunkenness leads to other sins.
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by dein77(m): 6:37pm On Oct 26, 2014
ayo4dworld:
Health wise, it's something bad, putting his lungs, kidney and heart in danger not to now talk of it biblically which is a sin. Let him know the effect of it to his health maybe you could convice him. You should also support it telling him that God also detests it. It is well with you.

Thanks. In the meanwhile will you refuse his errand?
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by Goshen360(m): 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2014
dein77:

For obvious reasons: our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, and drunkenness leads to other sins.

Drunkenness is not the same as NOT DRINKING ALCOHOL AT ALL. Are they?

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by dein77(m): 6:49pm On Oct 26, 2014
Goshen360:

Drunkenness is not the same as NOT DRINKING ALCOHOL AT ALL. Are they?

Of course not. What's your point?
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by Goshen360(m): 6:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
dein77:

So you understand drunkenness is not same as not consume it at all. Why then do you teach against not consuming alcohol or why can't you buy for yourself or your father if he asks you to?

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by Goshen360(m): 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2014
dein77:

My point is, quit calling what God didn't call sin a sin.
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by dein77(m): 7:10pm On Oct 26, 2014
Goshen360:

My point is, quit calling what God didn't call sin a sin.

Level of Biblical understanding and maturity differs. It's better when you settle down to reply questions that trouble other.

I'm more confused now than before I created this thread.
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by Goshen360(m): 7:29pm On Oct 26, 2014
dein77:

Level of Biblical understanding and maturity differs. It's better when you settle down to reply questions that trouble other.

I'm more confused now than before I created this thread.

Okay. I'll try teach but give me some time. I will do it today if I can. If not, I will do another day, maybe tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by thorpido(m): 7:45pm On Oct 26, 2014
dein77:
It is not a sin.Morally,it could be wrong but it's not a sin.
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by dein77(m): 7:47pm On Oct 26, 2014
Goshen360:

Okay. I'll try teach but give me some time. I will do it today if I can. If not, I will do another day, maybe tomorrow.

Thank you. Shalom
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by dein77(m): 7:48pm On Oct 26, 2014
thorpido:
It is not a sin.Morally,it could be wrong but it's not a sin.

My father and we're at loggerheads because I refused to.buy him alcohol. Though I later bowed to the pressure but I always felt I sinned.
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by tobechi74: 8:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
Obey ur parents
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by dein77(m): 8:10pm On Oct 26, 2014
tobechi74:
Obey ur parents

indeed knowledge brings deliverance. For more than 5 years, my parents and I weren't in peace cos I refused buying them certain things my deeper life pastor told me were sinful. The persecution that followed no be moi moi.
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by thorpido(m): 9:48pm On Oct 26, 2014
dein77:

My father and we're at loggerheads because I refused to.buy him alcohol. Though I later bowed to the pressure but I always felt I sinned.
You didn't sin.Not that alcohol and cigarette smoking is good,but we need to understand the concept of sin as christians.
I dnt have the time now but I can deal more on this later.

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by italo: 8:35am On Oct 27, 2014
dein77:

indeed knowledge brings deliverance. For more than 5 years, my parents and I weren't in peace cos I refused buying them certain things my deeper life pastor told me were sinful. The persecution that followed no be moi moi.

Oh! Deeper Life! To watch TV is also a sin abi?

Were you not the one in the other thread that said

As for your third question, according to Gal 5:21-22, one of the fruits of a Christian is GOODNESS. A Christian cannot not do good; its his nature to do good. We have the Spirit of Christ. Christ went about doing good; we must also do good.

If the bold were true, you wouldn't be worried whether not giving your Father is good or bad.

You're only worried because a Christian can do bad.

Which proves that your doctrine is false.

Now let me tell you something.

Drinking or possessing alcohol is not a sin.

You've been lied to by your pastors about many things.

That's what you get when you follow all these people who lie that God told them to open Church.

There is only one Church.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by ayo4dworld(m): 10:03am On Oct 27, 2014
dein77:

Thanks. In the meanwhile will you refuse his errand?
I won't because he is still my father, And the bible says I should honour him. But anytime he sends me on such errand, i will always make it known to him that he is doing something wrong

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by dein77(m): 1:59pm On Oct 27, 2014
ayo4dworld:
I won't because he is still my father, And the bible says I should honour him. But anytime he sends me on such errand, i will always make it known to him that he is doing something wrong

I practically left when the whole thing was becoming too mechanical. The emphasis on avoidance of sin only led to the opposite.

Thanks for your input. Shalom!
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by italo: 2:13pm On Oct 27, 2014
Was it a sin when Jesus provided alcohol at the Cana wedding?

Was it a sin when early Christians were drinking alcohol, like us, during Holy Mass? 1Cor11:21

Was it a sin when Jesus drank alcohol (Matt 11:19)?

What about Paul telling Timothy to drink alcohol (1Tim5:23)?

Humble yourself and quit that heresy that only has lies, half truths and contradictions to offer.
Re: Should A Christian Buy Alcohol Or Cigarette For His Father? by dein77(m): 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2014
italo:
Was it a sin when Jesus provided alcohol at the Cana wedding?

Was it a sin when early Christians were drinking alcohol, like us, during Holy Mass? 1Cor11:21

Was it a sin when Jesus drank alcohol (Matt 11:19)?

What about Paul telling Timothy to drink alcohol (1Tim5:23)?

Humble yourself and quit that heresy that only has lies, half truths and contradictions to offer.

My grouse with most you here is, while most of you are well versed in the Scriptures, you lack the humility and patience to expound and explain an issue clearly troubling a fellow brother.

A lot of contributions have been made but only tiny few have been.able to address this issue I have raised.

(1) (Reply)

Question For Jws And Muslims / A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. / Reflection/homily: Third (3rd) Sunday Of Lent Year C (march 3 2013)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.