Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 (37966 Views)

Bamanga Tukur Escapes Assassination - The Nation / I’m A Member Of Boko Haram – Augustine Effiong (MAY 2012) / “Fayose Has Not Paid Us Since September Yet You Are Fighting For Him” – Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 26, 2014
Ediskcab:
PDP National Chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur
National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, has said members of the Islamic sect, Boko Haram, are fighting for justice.

According to him, many Nigerians feel aggrieved and seek various means of airing their grievances.

Tukur, who spoke in Abuja on Tuesday when he received members of the party from Gombe State, said there must be justice in the country for peace to reign.

He however regretted that the activities of the sect were preventing some northerners from travelling to their home states.

Tukur said there was no way angry people would control their anger when there was nothing on their stomachs.

He said, “Let there be peace in the North so that we can have security.

“We can’t even travel again because of the insecurity in the region. Boko Haram is fighting for justice. Boko Haram is another name for justice.

“People feel aggrieved. They are angry because they are hungry. Unless we remove the hunger, we too may not be able to rest.

“We should remember that a child who says his mother would not sleep will also not sleep.”

The former governor of old Gongola State said he accepted to be honoured by the members of the party from the North-East on Saturday in his village because he wanted people know that things were not working well with the people in rural areas.

He said, “People would be wondering why I took the reception to my village in Jada. And they would be asking why not a place like Abuja, where we have good roads and all that.

“I did so, so that people would know what is happening in rural areas. Those that were there must have seen the bad roads. We must help people who cannot help themselves.

“That is why we are in government. You cannot do anything unless you are committed to it. We must build this party on equity and justice.”

Earlier, Gombe State Governor Ibrahim Dankwanbo, who led the delegation said the members came to show their loyalty to the leadership of the party.

http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-fighting-for-justice-tukur/

Pls does this mean Bamanga Tukur believes in the course of bh fighters? Bearing in mind he is a pdp chieftain.

Should this have come from GMB, the Jonagoons would have cascaded it but now no 1 is saying a damp thing.
Buhari said the same thing last year, so no big deal. As far as the north is concerned, there is no difference between PDP and APC. Their only aim is to wrestle power back from the south through whatever means.

2 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by sekzy99(m): 7:32pm On Oct 26, 2014
i need a job onboard a ship, studied marine engineering. Have my stcw 95,medical n discharge book ready. Momlilyseyi@ gmail.com or 08023373302Thanks
Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by Ositawap: 7:44pm On Oct 26, 2014
at my age...I dot comment on stupid post like this.....Some is Mad...
Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by Rexyl(m): 7:44pm On Oct 26, 2014
ILIDEFI:

Buhari said the same thing last year, so no big deal. As far as the north is concerned, there is no difference between PDP and APC. Their only aim is to wrestle power back from the south through whatever means.

That is just it. They are bringing surprises and many people are looking on, or arguing blindly against and in favour of matters they lack the real truth.
Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by anonimi: 7:46pm On Oct 26, 2014
Abbey2sam:
His a$$ must be jealous of his mouth right now......
cuz of the shiitt dropping from the mouth

Perhaps General Muhammadu Buhari has "shiitt dropping from the mouth" when he said this =>

Elueme:

Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members

Former Head of State and Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Major General Muhammadu Buhari has faulted the federal government’s clampdown on Boko Haram Islamic insurgents.
He accused the government of killing and destroying their houses
while the Niger Delta militants were given special treatment by the government.

Buhari who spoke on Sunday on a Liberty Radio programme, Guest of the Week monitored in Kaduna also admitted that the road to the registration of the All Progressive Congress (APC) was rough, pointing out that the promoters of the party were well prepared for any hitch that may arise.

Buhari who first spoke in Hausa before the English version accused politicians from the Niger Delta region of starting the current in security in the country by recruiting and arming youths of the region in their desperate attempt to retain power as governors.

The former Nigerian leader said that unlike the special treatment given to the Niger Delta militants by the federal government, the Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses demolished by government.

While accusing President Jonathan of failing from the beginning to address the security situation in the country, Buhari said he has never been in support of the state of emergency in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa state.

According to Buhari “what is responsible for the security situation in the country is caused by the activities of Niger Delta militants. Every Nigerian that is familiar with what is happening knows this. The Niger Delta militants started it all.
“What happened is that the governors of the Niger Delta region at that time wanted to win their elections. So they recruited the youths and gave them guns and bullets and used them against their opponents to win elections by force.
“After the elections were over, they asked the boys to return the guns; the boys refused to return the guns. Because of that, the allowance that was being given to the youths by the governors during that time was stopped.

“The youths resorted to kidnapping oil workers and were collecting dollars as ransom. Now a boy of 18 to 20 years was getting about 500 dollars in a week, why will he go to school and spend 20 years to study and then come back and get employed by government to be paid N100,000 a month, that is if he is lucky to get employment.
“So kidnapping becomes very rampant in the South -South and the South -East. They kidnapped people and were collecting money.

“How did Boko Haram start? We know that their leader, Mohammed Yusuf started his militant and the police couldn’t control them and the army was invited. He was arrested by soldiers and handed over to the police.
“The appropriate thing to do, according to the law, was for the police to carry out investigations and charge him to court for prosecution, but they killed him, his in-law was killed, they went and demolished their houses.

“Because of that, his supporters resorted to what they are doing today. You see in the case of the Niger Delta militants, the late President Umaru Musa Yar’adua sent an aeroplane to bring them, he sat down with them and discussed with them, they were cajoled, and they were given money and granted amnesty.

“They were trained in some skills and were given employment, but the ones in the north were being killed and their houses were being demolished. They are different issues, what brought this? [size=14pt]It is injustice [/size]

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news-update/buhari-faults-clampdown-on-boko-haram-members/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by anonimi: 7:48pm On Oct 26, 2014
lastpage:

When people say PDP is a nest of killers, the paid "40-Laptops crew" will be quick to shout themselves hoarse, though we understand they are doing what they are paid to do!

Now, their Chairman say HE SANCTIONS TERRORISM, RAPE, BEHEADINGS, KIDNAP and all that Boko Haram stands for.

I guess the SPONSORS OF BOKO HARAM ARE BEGINING TO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES! wink wink
When does TERRORISM become and answer for "grievance" .... or is it only in the North that there is Hunger and Bad Roads?

We have GEJ and his PDP tp thank for the Kidnap of our girls, ..... and now even Boys have been added just yesterday!
Yet GEJ says he has secured a "ceasefire"! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Hmmm..... Wonders shall never end.

Lastpage!

Since Buhari said the same thing just last year while they were forming APC, can we say the Arewa People's Congress, APC is the sponsor of Boko Haram

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by Idrismusty97(m): 7:56pm On Oct 26, 2014
More reasons to vote out this government! We should also look into the Australian negotiator accusations.
Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by Idrismusty97(m): 7:59pm On Oct 26, 2014
Caseless:
if na buhari talk am nau, u for want make d thing hit fp like 100 times. Fear God!
cheesy
Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by bendeco(m): 8:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
Una don post dis topic some months ago na...dis na old news.. Pls mk una dey verify current news b4 una dey post @ op
Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by JAZES(m): 8:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
kevinaduga:
To be honest, i think he has a point there. I have stayed in the north for a while and the level of poverty there is alarming. Wealth is concentrated in the hands of a few individual, while the vast majority live in nearly sub human conditions. They can hardly afford to eat once a day, talk less of three times a day. And worst of all, is the fact that most of them have little or no hope of improving their conditions as there is little or no employment opportunities.
If a young man in such a condition is promised riches and an opportunity to improve on his impoverished status, on the condition that he wields arms against the government that has done nothing for him, he may find it hard to refuse.
First militancy came, now insurgency. After insurgency, who knows what will come next. The root cause of these menaces can be traced to poverty. Until poverty is tackled and reduced to the barest minimum, it will be difficult for Nigeria to have a peaceful existence. As the popular cliche goes, a hungry man is an angry man.
I rest my case.

Bros, u make no sense at all

1 Like

Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by kevinaduga(m): 8:10pm On Oct 26, 2014
JAZES:

Bros, u make no sense at all
na u sabi. I don talk my own.
Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by anonimi: 8:14pm On Oct 26, 2014
Caseless:
if na buhari talk am nau, u for want make d thing hit fp like 100 times. Fear God!

Buhari said worse just last year, 2013 =>

“They (ND militants) were trained in some skills and were given employment, but the ones in the north were being killed and their houses were being demolished. They are different issues, what brought this? [size=14pt]It is injustice.[/size]

More from: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news-update/buhari-faults-clampdown-on-boko-haram-members/

maybe it should it front page again since this one of 2012 is on FP.
What do you think

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by wayne4loan: 8:20pm On Oct 26, 2014
Ediskcab:
PDP National Chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur
National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, has said members of the Islamic sect, Boko Haram, are fighting for justice.

According to him, many Nigerians feel aggrieved and seek various means of airing their grievances.

Tukur, who spoke in Abuja on Tuesday when he received members of the party from Gombe State, said there must be justice in the country for peace to reign.

He however regretted that the activities of the sect were preventing some northerners from travelling to their home states.

Tukur said there was no way angry people would control their anger when there was nothing on their stomachs.

He said, “Let there be peace in the North so that we can have security.

“We can’t even travel again because of the insecurity in the region. Boko Haram is fighting for justice. Boko Haram is another name for justice.

“People feel aggrieved. They are angry because they are hungry. Unless we remove the hunger, we too may not be able to rest.

“We should remember that a child who says his mother would not sleep will also not sleep.”

The former governor of old Gongola State said he accepted to be honoured by the members of the party from the North-East on Saturday in his village because he wanted people know that things were not working well with the people in rural areas.

He said, “People would be wondering why I took the reception to my village in Jada. And they would be asking why not a place like Abuja, where we have good roads and all that.

“I did so, so that people would know what is happening in rural areas. Those that were there must have seen the bad roads. We must help people who cannot help themselves.

“That is why we are in government. You cannot do anything unless you are committed to it. We must build this party on equity and justice.”

Earlier, Gombe State Governor Ibrahim Dankwanbo, who led the delegation said the members came to show their loyalty to the leadership of the party.

http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-fighting-for-justice-tukur/

Pls does this mean Bamanga Tukur believes in the course of bh fighters? Bearing in mind he is a pdp chieftain.

Should this have come from GMB, the Jonagoons would have cascaded it but now no 1 is saying a damp thing.
"bokoharam another name for justice" - tukur 2012
Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by danie02(m): 8:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
I think we need God's intervention and a serious prayers in this nation,as concerning 2015 elections kissI think we need God's intervention and a serious prayers in this nation,as concerning 2015 elections

1 Like

Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by Thomsbuky(m): 8:33pm On Oct 26, 2014
Its only in Nigeria that a politician can make this statement and get away, without being arrest nor interview and charge for these callous statement. To him Bokoarerams are fighting for what justice, while to us right thinking fellow Nigerian, Bokoareams are Coward, Terrorise, murderers. We should avenge, seek justice for the innocent Nigerian souls cowardly murdered whenever they are apprehended. Imagine each time we feel marginalise, we took arms and guns, take laws into our hand, turn our country to anarchy. This guy have influence, holding public office, he should not be making these barbaric statement. Its quite rich from same looter, that northwest areas are poor.(Bokoarerams are now Robbin Hoods) Ask him, who looted funds meant for development for these areas? Who causes these Alumangiris to be poorer? Its same guy making this senseless statement. Where are the state internal affairs securities, when you needed them? as these statement incite and encourage those murderer to continue their senseless mission. However, won't be surprise, if he was one of the sponsors of Bokoarerams in PDP governments, quite irony truth are now coming out.

1 Like

Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
kevinaduga:
To be honest, i think he has a point there. I have stayed in the north for a while and the level of poverty there is alarming. Wealth is concentrated in the hands of a few individual, while the vast majority live in nearly sub human conditions. They can hardly afford to eat once a day, talk less of three times a day. And worst of all, is the fact that most of them have little or no hope of improving their conditions as there is little or no employment opportunities.
If a young man in such a condition is promised riches and an opportunity to improve on his impoverished status, on the condition that he wields arms against the government that has done nothing for him, he may find it hard to refuse.
First militancy came, now insurgency. After insurgency, who knows what will come next. The root cause of these menaces can be traced to poverty. Until poverty is tackled and reduced to the barest minimum, it will be difficult for Nigeria to have a peaceful existence. As the popular cliche goes, a hungry man is an angry man.
I rest my case.
So because of poverty they will also kill their fellow neighbours living in poverty just because they wana air their grievances? There's more to this than meets the eye. U tryn to compare bh with niger delta militants, hope u know d militants were fighting for a particular cause? Did they kill their neighbours? Did they burn down houses of their neighbours? Bh has no cause, they are more like trigger happy psychos who find pleasure causing havoc for no reason. Hope u know terrorist organizations have money so their problem isn't about poverty. Isis has money yet they go about killing people. Its more like a quest for power, world domination which is evil to the core.

2 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by YurFatHer: 8:35pm On Oct 26, 2014
And how do yu know?
Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 26, 2014
kevinaduga:
I rest my case.
I have always been of the opinion that we needed to hear boko haram's part of d story. However, I do not believe people there are poor because there are no job opportunities. Rather I believe that the ideology of building mosques, rather than classrooms has made the north what it is today. As for Tukur and co, I believe if after over 50years they couldn't change this country, then we must all rise u nd take our country to the next level else they'll handover mre millitants, terrorists, nd huge debts to us if ever we see that day when we may become the leaders of tmro as promised

1 Like

Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by cole265(m): 8:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
kevinaduga:
I rest my case.

He may have a point. But he as a Northerner, one of the wealthy few, former governor, a chieftain of the ruling party. He is part of the problems and should be blamed. I wish the hungry and angry rascals can take revenge on his likes rather than bombing, killing and abducting innocent, poor and ignorant individuals.

1 Like

Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by dokiOloye(m): 8:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
kevinaduga:
I rest my case.
. Ppl lik U are even more dangerous than boko haram cos U r obviously more dangerous than the fighters themselves cos this ur type of writeup justifies their actions.If Northerners are poor,who is d cause,is it not d northerners Themselves.What does a state like Ebonyi,Ekiti gain from d govt that Borno doesn't get 5 times?if they're so frustrated abt the issues,why don't they concentrate their attacks on their elites including their emirs who receive a fixed percentage of d local govt allocations every month?what do U have to say abt a man who can barely feed but is married to 4 women and has 20 children?what do U have to say abt their rejection of western education cos all these northern muslims who U think are stark illiterates can read d arabic version of d quran inside out?Do U knw that d numberof fed govt agencies in kaduna and kano alone are more than all d ones in south east and south south.hw do U explain a situation where a man who is barely able to feed is sponsored wt millions of naira to proceed on pilgrimage?northern governors routinely organise mass weddings for ppl who can't afford to marry,what do U think is going to be d outcome of those marriages? northerners hold d key to their salvation,their so called poverty is self induced.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by kevinaduga(m): 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2014
prettyboi1989:

So because of poverty they will also kill their fellow neighbours living in poverty? There's more to this than meets the eye. U tryn to compare bh with niger delta militants, hope u know d militants were fighting for a particular cause? Did they kill their neighbours? Did they burn down houses of their neighbours? Bh has no cause, they are more like trigger happy psychos who find pleasure causing havoc for no reason. Hope u know terrorist organizations have money so their problem isn't about poverty. Isis has money yet they go about killing people. Its more like a quest for power, world domination which is evil to the core.
I'm not trying to justify the cause of boko haram. What i'm saying is that poverty aids in the recruitment of boko haram members. On a proper investigation, you might find out that majority of boko haram foot soldiers may not actually understand the ideology behind the sect, as time and the demise of the founding fathers may have eroded the true principles of the sect.
Majority of the foot soldiers (who actually do the fighting ) are illiterate and jobless young men, who don't mind killing others in their quest for improvement in their lives. That's why they are always ready to die, because they have nothing to live for.
You talked about militants. What cause where they fighting for. Was it you and I? I tell you it was simply for their stomachs. If it was not, why then did they grab the amnesty deal with both hands, when government had not met any of their supposed demands for the emancipation of the Niger Delta. But instead decided to shut up after collecting bumper pay checks and contracts. The so called militants now cruise around in private jets, while the problems of the Niger Delta still persists.
It all boils down to poverty bro. The quest for riches can make one do crazy and unimaginable things. It can make one lose all conscience. Ask the man who is ready to sacrifice his own parents all in the quest to make money. Ask the armed robbers and kidnappers on the street, who won't blink an eyelid in shooting a nine year old kid, all in the quest of making paper.
Eliminate poverty in Nigeria, and the problems of this country is 80% solved.
On Isis, i can't talk about them or the reason for their mindless killings. I'm not from Iraq.
Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by Ama28(f): 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
It is quiet obvious that Tukur is either a BK topman or he is trying to buy himself a page in their good book so they don't disrupt the event he is planning in his rural home.

Anyway either way Mr Tukur I don't share your sentiment. No boko Haram isn't seeking justice! The death toll in the North due to their agitation is evidence unless you don't know what justice is.

1 Like

Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by kevinaduga(m): 9:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
dokiOloye:
. Ppl lik U are even more dangerous than boko haram cos U r obviously more dangerous than the fighters themselves cos this ur type of writeup justifies their actions.If Northerners are poor,who is d cause,is it not d northerners Themselves.What does a state like Ebonyi,Ekiti gain from d govt that Borno doesn't get 5 times?if they're so frustrated abt the issues,why don't they concentrate their attacks on their elites including their emirs who receive a fixed percentage of d local govt allocations every month?what do U have to say abt a man who can barely feed but is married to 4 women and has 20 children?what do U have to say abt their rejection of western education cos all these northern muslims who U think are stark illiterates can read d arabic version of d quran inside out?Do U knw that d numberof fed govt agencies in kaduna and kano alone are more than all d ones in south east and south south.hw do U explain a situation where a man who is barely able to feed is sponsored wt millions of naira to proceed on pilgrimage?northern governors routinely organise mass weddings for ppl who can't afford to marry,what do U think is going to be d outcome of those marriages? northerners hold d key to their salvation,their so called poverty is self induced.
Just my opinion man. No need to start casting aspertions. I never justified their actions. All i said is that poverty is the major contributing factor to the insurgency thing. I never said that a particular group or individual caused the poverty. All I'm saying is what is, not what ought to be.
Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by RAYAM(f): 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2014
Hmm, at last God is exposing them one by one. You mean the killing of innocent souls is a fight for justice? Save our country oh Lord.
Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by tunde1200(m): 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2014
Really?

PDP fall my hand oooooo GOD. hope we are not in trouble!.
Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by onajo2000(m): 9:29pm On Oct 26, 2014
Moderator or admin or whatever dey call u don't try to turn back the arm of time
Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by karaye: 9:33pm On Oct 26, 2014
Is said by buhari or APC?

Morons,just dey pity nigerians with sentiment.we will languish in PDP hand
U are suffering and smiling
Useless citizeens
Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
Are you sure bamanga tunfulu is not high on some elephant grass. How does killing innocent souls and kidnapping young tenage girls amount to fighting for justice. Only fools will accept and support that motion. The North have ruled this country more than any other geo political zone, so wats their excuse for the poverty. Even govt de beg dem go school. Boko Haram is a terrorist group and should be treated as one, anybody supporting them is also a heartless terrorist and should be treated as such.
Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by portix: 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2014

Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by tushburg(m): 9:57pm On Oct 26, 2014
kevinaduga:
I rest my case.
The north has the richest men in Nigeria and control most oil blocks in the south (Nigeria's oil rich region) were we still have people living in polluted environments and below poverty level...how about that
Re: Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 by eightsin(m): 10:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
Abbey2sam:
His a$$ must be jealous of his mouth right now......
cuz of the shiitt dropping from the mouth

You can imagine what a states man opens his rotten mouth to say. It's a pity. These so called elders stand for something else

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari To Travel To UK For Two Weeks On Health Issue - Daily Independent / CACOVID Statement On Looting Of COVID-19 Palliatives / Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.