Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:47 PM

Gay Marriage Is An Abomination - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gay Marriage Is An Abomination (947 Views)

Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / "Selfie" Are An Abomination In The Eyes Of The Lord. POPE FRANCIS / Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gay Marriage Is An Abomination by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
God has made up his mind obviously he is the judge not you.
It is clearly condemned in the Bible. God made order when he made Adam and Eve. The homosexuals/lesbians want to redefine marriage and expect everyone else to accept it.

Leviticus 20:13 “If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

The Word of God is totally against homosexuality and lesbianism.

Leviticus 18:22
“Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

So God is clear homosexuality is a sin he doesn't create anyone by accident therefore no one is born gay regardless what a scientist (devil) has to say.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men.

Romans 1:26-28 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

I am merely quoting Gods word. It is Gods word not yours or ours. We don't hate them. Sin is sin!
It is clearly condemned in the Bible. God made order when he made Adam and Eve. The homosexuals want to redefine marriage and expect everyone else to accept it. So God is clear homosexuality is a sin he doesn't create anyone by accident therefore no one is born gay regardless what a scientist or the world has to say.
Re: Gay Marriage Is An Abomination by ruffp: 11:25pm On Oct 26, 2014
Is that the only sin in the bible?
Re: Gay Marriage Is An Abomination by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 27, 2014
Completely detestable & outrageously abominable.

Not hating on anyone tho but I can't help being Homophobic.
Re: Gay Marriage Is An Abomination by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 27, 2014
1 Corinthians 14:34–35 (NIV)

34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35: If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church

same bible
Re: Gay Marriage Is An Abomination by GSKing: 1:01pm On Oct 27, 2014
I hope Buddha accepts your soul after your demise.

For you know of him but have chosen to worship other gods apart from Lord Buddha, he is still merciful if only you will choose the true path to eternal life.

Give your life to Buddha. Stop worshipping other things.

Do not risk condemnation in the afterlife.

Buddhism is the one and only true way.

1 Like

Re: Gay Marriage Is An Abomination by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2014
GSKing:
I hope Buddha accepts your soul after your demise.

For you know of him but have chosen to worship other gods apart from Lord Buddha, he is still merciful if only you will choose the true path to eternal life.

Give your life to Buddha. Stop worshipping other things.

Do not risk condemnation in the afterlife.

Buddhism is the one and only true way.
Dude, the story of Budha and all u wrote up there ar miles apart, go and read more. #wanabe
Re: Gay Marriage Is An Abomination by GSKing: 1:15pm On Oct 27, 2014
Pyrrho:

Dude, the story of Budha and all u wrote up there ar miles apart, go and read more. #wanabe

You want to teach me Buddhism? You condemned Christian.
Re: Gay Marriage Is An Abomination by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2014
GSKing:

You want to teach me Buddhism? You condemned Christian.
Nope, Just take my advice, read enough b4 u post next time. And don't assume things.
Re: Gay Marriage Is An Abomination by GSKing: 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2014
Pyrrho:
Nope, Just take my advice, read enough b4 u post next time. And don't assume things.

Bleep off.
Re: Gay Marriage Is An Abomination by ruffp: 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2014
masonkz:

34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35: If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church

same bible

Trust churches to give a different intepretation to this.

1 Like

Re: Gay Marriage Is An Abomination by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
ruffp:

Trust churches to give a different intepretation to this.

I'm patiently waiting for them, especially the OP.
Re: Gay Marriage Is An Abomination by finofaya: 10:37pm On Oct 27, 2014
@OP, The bible is irrelevant as a guide to morals for anyone who is not a christian. Eg, it is irrelevant to a muslim. You have no basis to refuse any non christian marriage on biblical grounds. Non christian homosexuals are not within the jurisdiction of your bible and should not be refused marriage based on your bible. A christian homosexual is entitled to ignore any portion of the bible he finds inconvenient, just as other christians ignore the biblical injunction referred to above (1 Corinthians 14: 34-35), and many other biblical injunctions which are ignored because we are not in 3700 B.C..

2 Likes

Re: Gay Marriage Is An Abomination by Nobody: 3:44am On Oct 28, 2014
Bible truly the final authority in all matters of faith and morals?

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me” John 10:27.

The term “sola Scriptura” or “the Bible alone” is a short phrase that represents the simple truth that there is only one special revelation from God that man possesses today, the written Scriptures or the Bible. Scripture states this concept repeatedly and emphatically. The very phrase “It is written” means exclusively transcribed, and not hearsay. The command to believe what is written means to believe only the pure word of God. What is at stake before the All Holy God is His incorruptible truth.

In the very last commandment in the Bible God resolutely tells us not to add to nor take away from His Word.

“For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book: If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book”
       —Revelation 22:18-19

His Word is absolutely sufficient in itself (Psalm 119:160).

The Biblical message breathed out by God is revelation in written form. (2 Timothy 3:15-16). The Biblical claim is that what God has inspired was His written word (2 Peter 1:20-21). When the Lord Jesus Christ said, “the Scripture cannot be broken” (John 10:35), He was speaking of God’s written word. The events, actions, commandments, and truths from God are given to us in propositional form, i.e. logical, written sentences. God’s declaration in Scripture is that it and it alone, is this final authority in all matters of faith and morals.

Thus, there is only one written source from God, and there is only one basis of truth for the Lord’s people in the Church.

Affirmed by Jesus Christ

The Lord Jesus Christ, Himself, identified truth with the written Word. In His great, high priestly prayer, He said, “Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.” This was consistent with the declarations right through the Old Testament in which the Holy Spirit continually proclaims that the revelation from God is truth, as for example Psalm 119:142, “thy law is truth.” There is no source other than Scripture alone to which such a statement applies. That source alone, the Holy Scripture, is the believer’s standard of truth.

In the New Testament, it is the written word of God, and that alone, to which the Lord Jesus Christ and His apostles refer as the final authority. In the temptation, the Lord Jesus three times resisted Satan, saying, “It is written” as for example, in Matthew 4:4, “he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” In stating “It is written,” the Lord used the exact same phrase that is used in the Holy Bible forty six times. The persistence of the repeated phrase underlines its importance. The Lord’s total acceptance of the authority of the Old Testament is evident in His words found in Matthew 5:17-18:

“Think not that I came to destroy the law or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. For verily, I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled.”

Other sources of authority condemned

People often attempt to give human traditions higher authority than God’s Word. This was true of the Jews of Jesus’ day. In refuting the errors of the Sadducees, the Scripture records the Lord saying, “Ye do err, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God” (Matthew 22:29). Christ Jesus continually castigated and rebuked the Pharisees because they made their traditions on a par with the Word of God—corrupting the very basis of truth by equating their traditions with God’s Word. So He declared to them in Mark 7:13 “You are making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such things do ye.” Since Scripture alone is inspired, it alone is the ultimate authority, and it alone is the final judge of Tradition.

The Word of the Lord says as a commandment in Proverbs 30:5-6:

“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.”

God commands that we are not to add to His Word: this command shows emphatically that it is God’s Word alone that is pure and uncontaminated.

Aligned with Proverbs, the Lord’s strong, clear declaration in Isaiah 8:20 is: “To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.” The truth is this: since God’s written word alone is inspired, it and it alone is the sole rule of faith. It cannot be otherwise.
Re: Gay Marriage Is An Abomination by ruffp: 6:48am On Oct 28, 2014
#justconcept, if u were christian by birth,then ur views r somewhat normal. A moslem wld tell u same n quote relevant scripture....so will other religions. Most times people argue with heavy ignorance to other religions. My point? The fact u were born into it shows that u probably r a christian today cuz thats the only thing you were exposed to. Your type wld most likely be a passionate moslem if indeed u were born into a moslem family. 2ndly and most imptly....ur task is to follow your own faith not criticize or rundown others....

2 Likes

Re: Gay Marriage Is An Abomination by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 28, 2014
ruffp:
#justconcept, if u were christian by birth,then ur views r somewhat normal. A moslem wld tell u same n quote relevant scripture....so will other religions. Most times people argue with heavy ignorance to other religions. My point? The fact u were born into it shows that u probably r a christian today cuz thats the only thing you were exposed to. Your type wld most likely be a passionate moslem if indeed u were born into a moslem family. 2ndly and most imptly....ur task is to follow your own faith not criticize or rundown others....

True.

Jusconcept, kindly attend to the below quote. I have more, just in case. But let's start with this.

masonkz:
same bible
Re: Gay Marriage Is An Abomination by dein77(m): 1:01pm On Oct 28, 2014
A few days ago, very early in the morning, as I woke up and looked around, I saw beside me my awesomely beautiful and well - endowed wife; a wife with all mind blowing contours and sumptuous and succulent skin, I wondered why so men will prefer their fellow men for intimacy.

I pity them.
Re: Gay Marriage Is An Abomination by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 28, 2014
ruffp:

Arguments for and against the gay marriage debate often involve religious factors. Some religious associations refuse to employ or offer services to same-sex couples. Christian groups who argue for same-sex marriage tend to believe that lesbian and gay people were created as such by God and should have the same rights as others. Those who are against it argue that same-sex relationships are immoral, against God's will and subvert the goal of human sexuality, which is to produce children. The Jewish church also varies in its approach to same-sex marriage. The Islamic faith openly rejects homosexuality, citing the story of Lot in Sodom as a condemnation of homosexuality.

Many of those who take a particular position on same-sex marriage do so because of their beliefs about family.

Calling something marriage does not make it marriage. Marriage has always been a covenant between a man and a woman which is by its nature ordered toward the procreation and education of children and the unity and wellbeing of the spouses.

The promoters of same-sex “marriage” propose something entirely different. They propose the union between two men or two women. This denies the self-evident biological, physiological, and psychological differences between men and women which find their complementarity in marriage. It also denies the specific primary purpose of marriage: the perpetuation of the human race and the raising of children.

Two entirely different things cannot be considered the same thing.

(1) (Reply)

The 3 Christs Of Ypsilanti / How To Identify "False Prophets" / Why Is It Impossible To Find A Hot Genuine Born Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.