Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Ecommerce On Nigerian Websites - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Ecommerce On Nigerian Websites (919 Views)

Top 5 Most Popular Nigerian Websites By Web Traffic / The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! / The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ecommerce On Nigerian Websites by yawatide(f): 12:41pm On Nov 17, 2008
Sorry if this issue has been hashed out before - I just haven't found any posts on this, hence my post.

I have a client who wants, among others, to sell his books online. If you have done something similar in the past, please share with us whose services you employed for the payment gateway. If there are many options, which would, based on experience, you say is better? I have always used paypal, hooking the person's account with that of a friend in the US, who then repatriates the money to his friend in Nigeria but I am thinking I should go for something different. The client has a domiciliary account, by the way.

Sorry to sound crass but please, no "I have done this before, please send me an email or call me" type posts. Please share with all of us here. If you provide the website/company name and contact info, I will do the rest from there.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Ecommerce On Nigerian Websites by bug24(m): 1:10pm On Nov 17, 2008
i CAME across this site this morning wwwdot fastecash con dom (ah!!! sorry wink ) www (dot) fastecash (dot) com
am sure u have heard about em already. Its like a third party stuff,  u buy credits into ur account with em and u can use it to pay several sites, YOU CAN USE IT TO ACCEPT PAYMENTS,  also supports interswitch at a 3rd party kind of level.

maybe u shuld check it out !!!

One Love !!! (na brodaly love i mean o,  no come think say i wan psyche. lol)
Re: Ecommerce On Nigerian Websites by kehers(m): 6:04pm On Nov 17, 2008
Guess it is a global thing and so Interswtich/eTranzact are out. Paypal still sounds the better alternative. The other I have heard so much about is 2CO (2checkout) but Iv not used their service before. Their merchant account costs around $49 for setup and Nigeria is included in the list of supported countries. Whats more, they also accept paypal (and other credit card payments).
By the way, is there no way to go about this online payment thing without going thru a third party site? Authorize.net actually provides a merchant account that allows webmasters to process payments directly from their sites using their APIs. It is however a complex thing. You need a routing number from ur bank among other things.
Any other ideas in the house? Please post.
Re: Ecommerce On Nigerian Websites by yawatide(f): 7:23pm On Nov 17, 2008
For the record, the client intends to sell the electronic version of his books not only within Nigeria but to anyone, anywhere in the world.  That immediately cancels out paypal or any merchant that doesn't have Nigeria on its blacklist.

so far, I am liking your answers.  Please keep them coming.  Thanks.
Re: Ecommerce On Nigerian Websites by bug24(m): 12:54am On Nov 18, 2008
For a long time, i have made research on this issue but am still stuck.
i think 2co is a better option.
i dont think there is a solution at the moment that isnt 3rd party.
Re: Ecommerce On Nigerian Websites by yawatide(f): 6:53am On Nov 18, 2008
Yeah, having read a lot on the 2CO site and chatted live with at least 3 different representatives on the site, I am leaning towards 2CO. Having said that, it would be nice if others could chime in just in case there are other options out there.

Once again thanks and please keep the suggestions coming.

(1) (Reply)

Problem: Site Definition In Dreamweaver / Blog To The Bank 2010 / Joomla Help Pls: Error: Could Not Find An Xml Setup File In The Package.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.