Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Injustice In Babcock University (a Must Read And A Must Share!!!!) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Injustice In Babcock University (a Must Read And A Must Share!!!!) (1107 Views)

Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University / Injustice In Babcock University (a Must Read And A Must Share!!!!!) / Ahmadu Bello University (A B U) Zaria, 2011/2012 Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Injustice In Babcock University (a Must Read And A Must Share!!!!) by justiceinBU(f): 12:21am On Oct 27, 2014
Good day fellow nairalanders. I am a Babcock University Graduate,I studied a science related course (I am scared to give details)please you are our last hope of getting this message
across to the world as all other methods have failed,please do not let
us down,we beg you in the name of our Lord,JESUS CHRIST.the message
goes thus:"On June 1st 2014,BU had it's graduation ceremony which was
slated to commence by 7 a.m. and end by 1 p.m. according to the
program. In the course of the program,some dignitaries spoke for more
time than what was allocated to them and this made the program
continue even an hour after it was supposed to stop. Graduands had no
choice but to walk out of the program because their parents and well
wishers who had come to share in their joy needed to go back home in
time.The arena in which the program held had very few students left
in it,the Deputy Vice Chancellor by name Professor Iheanyichukwu Okoro
then took to the stadium and said that those of us who left the
program would be punished (those that stayed signed out on a piece of
paper).
On October 22,2014. I went to get my certificate only to be
informed by a staff at the registry that I had to pay #25,000 for
leaving a program which extended longer than it was meant to. I am so
confused and shocked,I have tears in my eyes as I type this because
this university is exploiting us.They know that we must pay this money
before NYSC which commences on November 5th because a certificate is a
prerequisite for being admitted into NYSC.Approximately 2,400 Students
graduated and not up to 400 signed,let's do the math
(2,000*#25,000= #50,000,000), even after we paid exorbitant fees for
our four/five year sojourn in the school.
We have no other place to run to for justice ,please we deeply
believe that if you publish this story on your widely read website,the
school will reconsider their judgement and scrap or atleast reduce the
amount to #5,000. You are our last hope for justice ,please do not
let us down.If you think we are lying,ask any Babcock University Student that graduated this year (June 1st, 2014). PLEASE HELP US TO SPREAD THIS NEWS,USE ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS!!!!!!!
Yours Sincerely,
A FRUSTRATED BABCOCK UNIVERSITY GRADUATE WHO WILL NOT STAND BY AND
BE EXPLOITED BY A "CHRISTIAN" INSTITUTION

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Injustice In Babcock University (a Must Read And A Must Share!!!!) by REMMEI(m): 1:53am On Oct 27, 2014
This one na babcock..tomorrow own go be covenant.. smh!.. if this had happened in any federal uni.. I know what i would have said..but all this post secondary schools.. I'll implore you to pay..

1 Like

Re: Injustice In Babcock University (a Must Read And A Must Share!!!!) by davdandam(m): 4:10am On Oct 27, 2014
I would have supported your cause, but for a reason. ....your school organised a program for you, you decided to leave to snap pictures and eat leaving the guests to talk to plastic chairs as what they have to say wasn't important. ...assuming there was to be an exam after, would you have left? Assuming it was a 4 unit course, would you have left? And you have the right to come here and be screaming Christian school. .....Na the Christian vex me self,them force you to buy form? Them come your house come call you? 25k might be excessive, you guys need to plead not be shouting Christian school. I for like see nda student waka leave parade ground on pop day o, cause the speech too long. Mtchew.
Re: Injustice In Babcock University (a Must Read And A Must Share!!!!) by ajoskele(m): 6:32am On Oct 27, 2014
My advice..... protest this injustice. You are over 2,000, mobilize close to 500, storm your campus, make barricades, block the highways, make your grievances known. Our men in authority DO NOT understand English. All they know is violence! And be ready to give it.

I trust my school sha. Noh be person wey come convocation go dey sign out?! Do we need certificate to get cleared in camp? Statement of results don do!

Buh, una fit do am sha? Na forming una go start now. Bro, 90percent of your colleagues would pay the money without blinking an eyelid. #ajebutter #advancedsecondaryschool
Re: Injustice In Babcock University (a Must Read And A Must Share!!!!) by RFella(m): 6:45am On Oct 27, 2014
ajoskele:
My advice..... protest this injustice. You are over 2,000, mobilize close to 500, storm your campus, make barricades, block the highways, make your grievances known. Our men in authority DO NOT understand English. All they know is violence! And be ready to give it.

I trust my school sha. Noh be person wey come convocation go dey sign out?! Do we need certificate to get cleared in camp? Statement of results don do!

Buh, una fit do am sha? Na forming una go start now. Bro, 90percent of your colleagues would pay the money without blinking an eyelid. #ajebutter #advancedsecondaryschool

Seconded!
Re: Injustice In Babcock University (a Must Read And A Must Share!!!!) by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 27, 2014
pele ooooo , dem no born dem make dem try dis one for OAU grin ,my broda pay the money and forget the school
Re: Injustice In Babcock University (a Must Read And A Must Share!!!!) by Ojisik(m): 5:31am On Oct 30, 2014
wow, so that is how this girl's plea for help just went to dust...she doesn't even want money. All she begged for was for us to ppublicize her plea (I shared it on my Facebook Page and also tweeted it to @lindaikeji) please let us help her. This is a cry for help from one of the few people who feel they have been wronged. Thank you

(1) (Reply)

"Reconciliation And Peace Building are Not Feasible Without communication" / Unilag Ranks 9th In Top Ten Universities In Africa / Sitting For Post Utme? - Why You Should Expect Simplified Questions!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.