Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Salary Information - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Salary Information (2108 Views)

#60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me / Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? / Salary Vs Self Employment, Which Do You Prefer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salary Information by onatisi(m): 6:25am On Oct 27, 2014
Please what is the best salary to give a marketer in nigeria? And which is the best option among either paying a marketer a fixed salary or placing the marketer on percentage or commission basis .thank you.
Re: Salary Information by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 27, 2014
It all depends on the nature of the job. For me, the best remuneration structure should be a combination of salary (allowance) with a commission and make sure its motivating. The allowance will help the marketer in meeting his/her daily contingencies and expenses in the course of his duties.

Also set a certain target so as to challenge them and make sure its realistic taking the current business terrain, marketing challenges and competition into consideration.

And don't be too pushy or desperate when they haven't made their first sales or they are not meeting their targets during the first three months.

Relax and give them time to penetrate the market and also establish good business relationship with prospects that will lead to sales. Personal Selling is not that easy and even as a marketer, I know what it takes to close deals (patience,determination and perseverance).

You dig!
Re: Salary Information by onatisi(m): 8:41am On Oct 27, 2014
Godditex:
It all depends on the nature of the job. For me, the best remuneration structure should be a combination of salary (allowance) with a commission and make sure its motivating. The allowance will help the marketer in meeting his/her daily contingencies and expenses in the course of his duties.

Also set a certain target so as to challenge them and make sure its realistic taking the current business terrain, marketing challenges and competition into consideration.

And don't be too pushy or desperate when they haven't made their first sales or they are not meeting their targets during the first three months.

Relax and give them time to penetrate the market and also establish good business relationship with prospects that will lead to sales. Personal Selling is not that easy and even as a marketer, I know what it takes to close deals (patience,determination and perseverance).

You dig!
wonderful advice really full of wisdom and experience . You know I was thinking about the chinese and indian model of employing marketers here where I stay and I wanted to know the situation in nigeria. I was thinking of placing them on 40000 per month with an option of permanent employment after 3 months

1 Like

Re: Salary Information by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 27, 2014
onatisi:
wonderful advice really full of wisdom and experience . You know I was thinking about the chinese and indian model of employing marketers here where I stay and I wanted to know the situation in nigeria. I was thinking of placing them on 40000 per month with an option of permanent employment after 3 months

Like Godditex mentioned, it depends on the nature of job.
I am also of the opinion of giving marketers/ sales persons a basic salary and also base them on commission.
Give reasonable targets and motivate them always.

Example of a reasonable target is:
Imagine banks giving marketers a target of 100 million or opening of 500 accounts in a month for a new graduate without experience.
How about you tell them assuming you are a bank that they should open an account on their first day at work.
Let them chill the next day and on the third day ask them to open 5 accounts before the next Monday.
Make the target light and make it easy for them to do while they easily ride into the role.
It begins to look easy for them while they are also smiling to the bank.
The more easier it gets then the more targets they get and with the realization that the more accounts they open the more money they also make.
A win win for everyone.

Provide them with books and online training facilities (webinar) that they could learn from.
Marketers rise easily in any organization than with other job functions in my opinion.

What would they be selling? Service or product.
Where is the location of business?
It's also not about making them permanent but what will happen if they begin to have issues with pulling sales after making them permanent.
What are the career prospects and growth.

Spelling all this out for anyone is very important cum encouraging for a visionary applicant or employee.
Also remember, that some folks out there are ready to collect the first three months salary and then bounce but spelling out the above as I mentioned is a good way to reduce employee turnover and eventually pull in sales for you as well.

Good luck in your endeavor.

NB:
I can help you with content, training, online marketing for your FB page, Twitter and Blog.
Re: Salary Information by onatisi(m): 9:13am On Oct 27, 2014
NairaMode:

Like Godditex mentioned, it depends on the nature of job.
I am also of the opinion of giving marketers/ sales persons a basic salary and also base them on commission.
Give reasonable targets and motivate them always.

Example of a reasonable target is:
Imagine banks giving marketers a target of 100 million or opening of 500 accounts in a month for a new graduate without experience.
How about you tell them assuming you are a bank that they should open an account on their first day at work.
Let them chill the next day and on the third day ask them to open 5 accounts before the next Monday.
Make the target light and make it easy for them to do while they easily ride into the role.
It begins to look easy for them while they are also smiling to the bank.
The more easier it gets then the more targets they get and with the realization that the more accounts they open the more money they also make.
A win win for everyone.

Provide them with books and online training facilities (webinar) that they could learn from.
Marketers rise easily in any organization than with other job functions in my opinion.

What would they be selling? Service or product.
Where is the location of business?
It's also not about making them permanent but what will happen if they begin to have issues with pulling sales after making them permanent.
What are the career prospects and growth.

Spelling all this out for anyone is very important cum encouraging for a visionary applicant or employee.
Also remember, that some folks out there are ready to collect the first three months salary and then bounce but spelling out the above as I mentioned is a good way to reduce employee turnover and eventually pull in sales for you as well.

Good luck in your endeavor.

NB:
I can help you with content, training, online marketing for your FB page, Twitter and Blog.
another wonderful contribution and advice . I will put everything into you . Thank you all for your timely response and advice
Re: Salary Information by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 27, 2014
onatisi:
Don't mind the chinese or indians, they use staff like slaves.
But what's the nature of the business? I may like to fall in if its worthwhile.
Re: Salary Information by onatisi(m): 10:36am On Oct 27, 2014
Godditex:
Don't mind the chinese or indians, they use staff like slaves.
But what's the nature of the business? I may like to fall in if its worthwhile.
it will definitely be worthwhile . I am in negotiations with a major manufacturing company and they are eager to move into nigeria , we will be given a certain target to meet in 6months .the target isn't hard at all once it is met,it will give the company the confidence to fully establish in nigeria and we will be their principal partner .I will keep this thread updated regularly about everything as it goes .

1 Like

Re: Salary Information by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 27, 2014
onatisi:
it will definitely be worthwhile . I am in negotiations with a major manufacturing company and they are eager to move into nigeria , we will be given a certain target to meet in 6months .the target isn't hard at all once it is met,it will give the company the confidence to fully establish in nigeria and we will be their principal partner .I will keep this thread updated regularly about everything as it goes .
Ok...you will get a mail from me.
Re: Salary Information by shakol91(m): 9:03pm On Dec 04, 2014
onatisi:
@ OP,I'm really impressed with the above post. Pls I'll like to be part of this initiative..I'm a young graduate with marketing experience. Please you can update me
Re: Salary Information by onatisi(m): 9:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
shakol91:
@ OP,I'm really impressed with the above post. Pls I'll like to be part of this initiative..I'm a young graduate with marketing experience. Please you can update me
hello , I am terribly sorry I didn't update the thread and followers. The selection was done and 2 marketers employed on salary basis. But most likely another selection process will be done in january for the remaining 1 slot. I will definitely update the thread .thanks .
Re: Salary Information by shakol91(m): 1:19am On Dec 05, 2014
onatisi:
hello , I am terribly sorry I didn't update the thread and followers. The selection was done and 2 marketers employed on salary basis. But most likely another selection process will be done in january for the remaining 1 slot. I will definitely update the thread .thanks .
Alright thanks. Please is the company in Lagos or which state
Re: Salary Information by onatisi(m): 4:53am On Dec 05, 2014
shakol91:
Alright thanks. Please is the company in Lagos or which state
ibadan and abeokuta .
Re: Salary Information by shakol91(m): 8:45am On Dec 05, 2014
onatisi:
ibadan and abeokuta .
Thanks for replying.. Please update the thread when you want to do the selection. I'm in SW

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Graduate Trainees Wanted / Massive Recruitment At The Federal University Kashere (134 Positions) / Wave Goodbye to Unemployment and Underemployment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.