Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,990 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

My Experience With Fraudulent Advertisers On OLX.COM - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience With Fraudulent Advertisers On OLX.COM (839 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall / My Experience With A Native Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Fraudulent Advertisers On OLX.COM by eduxerxes: 6:37am On Oct 27, 2014
Okay, I know this write-up might seem too long and boring to some people. But I tried to summarize it. I was nearly scammed via this olx.com. Pls read and learn.

I wanted to get a new phone (Blackberry Q10). So I went to olx.com to view prices. (I reside and work in Owerri). I came across many advertisers who claimed they sell phones at affordable prices, I gave one of 'em a call and he asked me to pay in N1000 delivery fee into his personal accnt number so that when the product is sent, I'l pay in full to the Delivery man »»name of accnt was Lawrence Omorodion«« (that was on a Friday). I innocently went to UBA and paid in the 1k. I gave him my address and he said they've received the pment and are processing my delivery. He promised to send the following day Saturday which he failed to deliver sighting heavy rainfall as reason for his delivery men not reaching my area. He again promised Monday to send it, on the said Monday, he called me that due to insecurity and risk of carrying cash about due to the "pay-on-delivery" system, their delivery men have bn mandated not to collect cash from customers they deliver products to, that I shuld go to the bank and pay the full cost of the phone first (being N35k) and then wait @ home with the Teller so that when the delivery men come, I show them my Teller and they'l give me the phone. A certain delivery man called me on this Monday and said dt dia office has nt given them go ahead to deliver because I haven't paid in first. Lo and behold, I refused this idea. I asked the scammer to send me their office address so I can come dia and pick up the phone, he did send me an address: Starks Communications Ltd, 24 Iweka Road Onitsha AND #56 Mission Road after Ecobank BENIN city.
As pesin wey get contact for almost every state in Nigeria, I went down to Onitsha to see for myself on Wednesday, when I got to the address, there was nothing like Stark communications, what I saw there @ number 24 iweka Rd was people selling electric bulbs and a vulcanizer. Chai! See scam.
I jejely went down to Emeka Offor plaza and got myself a brand new blackberry Q10 which I've been using for the past two weeks now.
I still dnt knw hw to apprehend or implicate this scammer who must have scammed numerous other unsuspecting peeps thru .
Learn from my experience and tell ur friends.
Re: My Experience With Fraudulent Advertisers On OLX.COM by eduxerxes: 6:39am On Oct 27, 2014
Mod, this should be on front page. Let people learn from this experience. Scam don too plenty for dis country.
Re: My Experience With Fraudulent Advertisers On OLX.COM by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 27, 2014
50% of seller on olx are scammer
Re: My Experience With Fraudulent Advertisers On OLX.COM by tempest01(m): 6:54am On Oct 27, 2014
Nairaboard.com

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Features Nairaland Is Missing? / Aguda Surulere Market On Fire! / Join The Flirt And Fling Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.