Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) (83323 Views)

Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) / The 5 Best And Famous-Brand MTK Android Phones Launched Towards The End Of 2015 / Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by asudan: 9:09pm On Oct 27, 2014
Lagusta:

were you trying to quote me, or the one i quoted.... Cos we are both on the same track...

In fact, tecno is a HONG KONG company, not chinese....

So i dont know why nigerians just brand phones CHINK0 if the arent samsung, htc, xperia or iphone....

Smd
Hong Kong non be China again or na another country too

1 Like

Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by 100Cents: 9:12pm On Oct 27, 2014
hatux:
*sighs* which one is wiko again?

Winco foam nah correct mattress...
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by akinsadeez(m): 9:31pm On Oct 27, 2014
Lagusta:

were you trying to quote me, or the one i quoted.... Cos we are both on the same track...

In fact, tecno is a HONG KONG company, not chinese....

So i dont know why nigerians just brand phones CHINK0 if the arent samsung, htc, xperia or iphone....

Smd

which one is hong Kong company and Chinese company again. Is hong Kong not a region of china? A hong Kong company is also a Chinese company, therefore a chinko company shikena!
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by phazotron(m): 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2014
Orikinla:
My brand of Android Phablet is bettetr than this Wiko or Wike phone.

dey wine yaself o
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by abatically(m): 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2014
akinsadeez:

which one is hong Kong company and Chinese company again. Is hong Kong not a region of china? A hong Kong company is also a Chinese company, therefore a chinko company shikena!

Then it is very logical to call Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, HTC, Sharp and LG shinko companies too since they are all Asian companies. Thats not all, u can also call Toyota, Lexus, Honda, acura, Nissan, Infiniti all shinko companies.

Mind u, Samsung is number 9 in the World's most Valuable brand (a South Korean company, which is a chinko company according to u). Toyota is number 14, ahead of Mercedes Benz which sits at number 16, Honda is number 20. So much for Chinko companies.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by pedro08: 9:46pm On Oct 27, 2014
abatically:

This is a load of BS. Europeans technology the hub of modern technology? Asians are copycats? Don't make me laugh. Maybe in terms of automobile I can agree with u, but even at that the Japanese are not far behind. Toyota made hybrid cars a household name with the prius don't forget and they have cars that can at least stand against the Europeans.

What about phones? Name one European phone that is top of the food chain. Or maybe u think the iPhone is an European product. Samsung, htc, LG, sony all are Asian companies, what do the Europeans have?

What about household equipment like hdtv, blu ray players, washing machines, home theatres, cameras, refrigerators, air conditioners, etc. The names u will see are still sony, Samsung, LG, Sharp, Panasonic. All are Asian companies. So tell me how European technology is the hub of modern technology. Dem dey learn.
well I really think that is to d best of ur knowledge.european products re made only for the elite and not for d ordinary citizens.d highest japanese car can't even b driven by little celebreties like wizkid or davido.its a fact.asian vehicles mostly dominate parts of africa.europeans go for strictly european cars.asians started car manufacture with d likes of toyota and datsun(nissan)which re just trash compared with powerful european cars.bently ferrari,boughatti,jaguar,gto,mercedes,lambourghini,torrero,range rover among so mannnnnnnnyyyy others re d most xpensive in d world.wen did asia wake up here.lol.if u must knw,japanese cars re always to a fault,last week,toyota recalled 1.2 million vehicles to their plant because of brake issues.european vehicles can't b compared with honda,toyota,mazda,nissan,kia,misubishi,hyundia.majority of dem re shaft and front wheel vehicles and can't even pass EU standards.Like d fone u mentioned,pls iphone is an american phone,not asian.did u knw dat there re marketing strategies btw countries,EU xchange dese gadget with asians cos of market profitability and oneness.did u really tink dat europeans cannot make these so called andriod,windows whatever.its just for xchange of goods.china xchange solar panel with d EU,and get back french and spanish wine.read bbc daily.I don tire to educate u.lol joking.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by igbsam(m): 10:05pm On Oct 27, 2014
edo3:
So nyisom wike has abandoned his political ambitions N enters phone business because of APC overwhelming rally of saturday?? The fear of Amaechi is d beginning of wisdom..

Na so we see am o
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by abatically(m): 10:09pm On Oct 27, 2014
pedro08:
well I really think that is to d best of ur knowledge.european products re made only for the elite and not for d ordinary citizens.d highest japanese car can't even b driven by little celebreties like wizkid or davido.its a fact.asian vehicles mostly dominate parts of africa.europeans go for strictly european cars.asians started car manufacture with d likes of toyota and datsun(nissan)which re just trash compared with powerful european cars.bently ferrari,boughatti,jaguar,gto,mercedes,lambourghini,torrero,range rover among so mannnnnnnnyyyy others re d most xpensive in d world.wen did asia wake up here.lol.if u must knw,japanese cars re always to a fault,last week,toyota recalled 1.2 million vehicles to their plant because of brake issues.european vehicles can't b compared with honda,toyota,mazda,nissan,kia,misubishi,hyundia.majority of dem re shaft and front wheel vehicles and can't even pass EU standards.Like d fone u mentioned,pls iphone is an american phone,not asian.did u knw dat there re marketing strategies btw countries,EU xchange dese gadget with asians cos of market profitability and oneness.did u really tink dat europeans cannot make these so called andriod,windows whatever.its just for xchange of goods.china xchange solar panel with d EU,and get back french and spanish wine.read bbc daily.I don tire to educate u.lol joking.

Again, u are talking BS. I know Apple is an American company (still not European). And since when did Automobile company become the epitome of technology? Yes I agree Europeans lead when it comes to LUXURY cars. But guess what.. luxury cars is not the epitome of technology because only a few people can afford them. Even at that Toyota still came out with the Lexus LFA which can stand against anything the Ferrari's and Lamborghinis have, and at $400,000 it is not cheap. Toyota also made hybrid cars popular.. u think that is not innovation? In case u don't know, the Lexus RX series is the best selling SUV in the USA.. does that have anything to do with Africa? Toyota Camry and Honda Accord and Civic has been one of the top selling cars in the USA for a long time now. Toyota Landcruiser is still one of the most trusted and highest selling full sized SUV in the world, they make cars for the poor, the middle class and for the rich. If u ask me I would say they are wiser.

Wait for the BIG one.

Toyota Corolla is the UNDISPUTED all time world's best selling car with 1.2 million units sold till date. How many of those do u think were sold in Nigeria. Making affordable cars doesn't mean they they are wack. So if every company makes expensive cars like the Range Rover or Sports or G wagon, then only the extremely rich can afford a car.. but guess what, Toyota are wiser and doesn't think like that. Toyota Brand name is number 14 in the world, ahead of Mercedes Benz which is number 16 , Honda is number 20 while Audi is number 31. So much for European domination. We all know European cars terrible at reliability, consumer reports don't lie, google it urself.

Now let's leave automobiles for now and back to the topic at hand... name one popular household equipment that the Europeans really dominate. Bose is an American company. Maybe Bang and Olufsen but in how many homes do u see their products? The whole world has embraced Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, LG and Sharp which are all Asian companies. In video games the Europeans are also missing. What we have is Xbox owned by an American company, PlayStation owned by Sony , Asian company and then Nintendo which is also an Asian company.

1 Like

Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by emmygzy(m): 10:29pm On Oct 27, 2014
abatically:

Again, u are talking BS. I know Apple is an American company (still not European). And since when did Automobile company become the epitome of technology? Yes I agree Europeans lead when it comes to LUXURY cars. But guess what.. luxury cars is not the epitome of technology because only a few people can afford them. Even at that Toyota still came out with the Lexus LFA which can stand against anything the Ferrari's and Lamborghinis have, and at $400,000 it is not cheap. Toyota also made hybrid cars popular.. u think that is not innovation? In case u don't know, the Lexus RX series is the best selling SUV in the USA.. does that have anything to do with Africa? Toyota Camry and Honda Accord and Civic has been one of the top selling cars in the USA for a long time now. Toyota Landcruiser is still one of the most trusted and highest selling full sized SUV in the world, they make cars for the poor, the middle class and for the rich. If u ask me I would say they are wiser.

Wait for the BIG one.

Toyota Corolla is the UNDISPUTED all time world's best selling car with 1.2 million units sold till date. How many of those do u think were sold in Nigeria. Making affordable cars doesn't mean they they are wack. So if every company makes expensive cars like the Range Rover or Sports or G wagon, then only the extremely rich can afford a car.. but guess what, Toyota are wiser and doesn't think like that. Toyota Brand name is number 14 in the world, ahead of Mercedes Benz which is number 16 , Honda is number 20 while Audi is number 31. So much for European domination. We all know European cars terrible at reliability, consumer reports don't lie, google it urself.

Now let's leave automobiles for now and back to the topic at hand... name one popular household equipment that the Europeans really dominate. Bose is an American company. Maybe Bang and Olufsen but in how many homes do u see their products? The whole world has embraced Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, LG and Sharp which are all Asian companies. In video games the Europeans are also missing. What we have is Xbox owned by an American company, PlayStation owned by Sony , Asian company and then Nintendo which is also an Asian company.

youre on point bro. The asian companies now rule the world. Its even now worse to the extent that even the so called american and european companies prefers to manufacture in china and then take them back to their country to sell them. Companies like apple, hp, dell, volkwagen, general motors e.t.c. They said wen you calculate the cost of manufacturing in china plus shipping, its still not up to the cost of manufacturing them in their home country. Toyota now is the largest automaker in the world, samsung is the largest smartphone maker in the world. Infact the asians now rule the manufacturing world.

1 Like

Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by emmygzy(m): 10:47pm On Oct 27, 2014
pedro08:
lie lie lie. Check for facts before typing bro. Toyota, honda, nisan, hyundai and so on cant pass eu standards? Wher did you get this bulshit from? The people that buy this so called asian vehicles are mostly the americans and the europeans, how come they cant pass the standard. Do you know that LEXUS is another arm of Toyota, which is based and specifically for America? Ifiniti too is another arm of Nissan and its also based specifically in america? Havent you heard about japanese technology? Dont you also know that Toyota and Honda manufactures robots? Its even the japanese automakers that normally brings out new innovations before the american and europeans automakers copy them. Check for facts.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Lagusta(m): 11:00pm On Oct 27, 2014
akinsadeez:

you and the other dude that quoted me need extra lessons in geography....

Hong kong is an independent country, a member of the british commonwealth.... I think they got their independence in 1995 or 97...

One of their official languages is english, with refined mandarin...

When all you guyz know is ztgo and browsing cheats, you would never know....
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by LajaLaba: 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2014
adepiero:
[size=18]Wiko phone kò, Chinko phone nì.

Nigeria - dumping ground since 1960 undecided [/size]
Must u comment undecided
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by adepiero: 11:11pm On Oct 27, 2014
LajaLaba:
Must u comment undecided
must you quote me angry
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 27, 2014
K
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by akinsadeez(m): 11:33pm On Oct 27, 2014
Lagusta:

you and the other dude that quoted me need extra lessons in geography....

Hong kong is an independent country, a member of the british commonwealth.... I think they got their independence in 1995 or 97...

One of their official languages is english, with refined mandarin...

When all you guyz know is ztgo and browsing cheats, you would never know....

No Bro...you are the one who needs to kill your Over Sabi and do a bit of research before typing B.S and passing it off as knowledge.

Hong Kong is still under China administration. Infact let me do the research for you. Wikipedia is your friend ; http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong

Now let me quote a part of the wikipedia article in case you are too lazy to click on it.
'' As a result of the negotiations and the 1984 agreement between China and Britain, Hong Kong was handed over to the People's Republic of China and became its first Special Administrative Region on 1 July 1997, under the principle of " one country, two systems "

Hong Kong is not an independent country. You can also see this
'' Hong Kong (香港; "Fragrant Harbour"wink, alternatively known as
H.K. in short form, officially known as Hong Kong Special
Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China
, is a
region on the southern coast of China geographically enclosed
by the Pearl River Delta and South China Sea.''

I went to all this trouble (which I rarely do on nairaland) to show you that if you are gonna abuse guys of only knowing browsing cheat, then at least be sure of what you are saying. I think you really need geography jamb lessons grin

1 Like

Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by LajaLaba: 12:49am On Oct 28, 2014
adepiero:
must you quote me angry
Forgive me i just can't stand rubbish post
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:27am On Oct 28, 2014
Folks, listen up. Chinko phones/products are not like they used to be. They now have quality control. I bought a thl T200. God! That phablet is better and sturdyer than galaxy s5. So folks, refuse to be brainwashed. Get good value for money.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by blackweaver(m): 6:52am On Oct 28, 2014
treatise:

I guess you did not add that of SD. The phone memory indicates "Total space :3.17GB , Available :3.15 GB, check very well.

3.17+3.15=6.32 > 6gb which is what I said. And that's for the internal memory, there was no mention of sdcard capacity
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by treatise: 9:45am On Oct 28, 2014
blackweaver:

3.17+3.15=6.32 > 6gb which is what I said. And that's for the internal memory, there was no mention of sdcard capacity
Bros, use minus sign instead of the plus you adopted; total space-total available=0.02(default apps)
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by blackweaver(m): 10:04am On Oct 28, 2014
treatise:
Bros, use minus sign instead of the plus you adopted; total space-total available=0.02(default apps)

oh my mistake, i actually assumed it was total space used, sorry about the mixup, but one question, when you check phone storage under settings is that the same value you get?
I know some phone vendors would say a thing like 8gb ( 4gb user-accessible), just wondering if that's what's happening in your case
for example, in my tecno p5, the specs say the internal memory is 4gb, if i check phone storage under settings, i get roughly about that value but my file manager shows 1gb as phone storage, but usually most phone manufacturers reserve about 4gb inaccessible storage for os functions
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Navyguy(m): 11:11am On Oct 28, 2014
how much and where can we find the phone? what of service centers?
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by blackweaver(m): 11:29am On Oct 28, 2014
Navyguy:
how much and where can we find the phone? what of service centers?

check slot website: slot.ng
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 28, 2014
Flye:
How much? Is it cheaper than tecno, infinix, injoo, jaiyu etc? If yes please what is the price? Cos me i have been searching for phone with quadcore 2.0 ghz, 2gb ram, 16gb rom 5inch 400ppi with 3000mah battery for less than 25k.
Wickedness of the highness order...lol!
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by BrosPeter: 1:36pm On Oct 28, 2014
This wiko abi na chinko is dead on arrival.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Flye: 2:08pm On Oct 28, 2014
jcmaiah:

Wickedness of the highness order...lol!
Haahaaa! How am i wicked now? I am talking about my heart desire and u called me wicked.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by oluamid(m): 2:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
Please help me make a choice between these phones...

https://www.nairaland.com/1970646/me-make-choice-between-these
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by engrsenator(m): 4:08pm On Oct 28, 2014
Tweetums:
So Nigeria is now their dumping ground for chinko phones because of cheap things we like to buy abi?
YES ooo help me ask them
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by InglishTeechar(m): 4:32pm On Oct 28, 2014
Xano:

Dude, do you know about radiation and quality control? Do we have a governing body in Nigeria who can effectively supervise this?
The brother is right. Your post is immature.

Since in your opinion we do not have an effective governing body in Nigeria, abeg what are you doing to better the situation or in plain english what is your contribution to the onward developement of this country. You better have one else you dont have the right to critisize the government.

Just like some Nigerians with masters degree in complaining.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by InglishTeechar(m): 4:34pm On Oct 28, 2014
Forwetinnah:

Are you on constant replay?? How come youre replying any post that opposes your rubbish with the same post?? Na wetin dem teach you for your marketing school Mr limited Vocabulary

Na how dat one take concern u, abi e pitch u for body...mr busy body
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by InglishTeechar(m): 4:38pm On Oct 28, 2014
Forwetinnah:

Mr Educated...do we have a regulatory body to check some of these products or dolts like you just hype any rubbish that comes into the market in the name of "competition drive", oponi. .what's the competition there if the product is bad? Do you think people would still patronise it?? Can a fake product compete over a good one..you're not so intelligent after all, people save up to buy good ptoducts. If you buy things because they're cheap then you're phooolish!!

Mumu, define the word fake? Just because its cheaper doesnt mean its fake...wiko is the fake of what product? i think you need brain surgery.
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Maximus85(m): 5:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
Tweetums:
So Nigeria is now their dumping ground for chinko phones because of cheap things we like to buy abi?

You call em chinko abi? Which one unar dey manufacture for Nigeria?
Re: Wiko Phones Launched In Nigeria (Pictures) by Forwetinnah: 5:57pm On Oct 28, 2014
InglishTeechar:

Mumu, define the word fake? Just because its cheaper doesnt mean its fake...wiko is the fake of what product? i think you need brain surgery.

Shatap there. .have you used the phone? Marketer oshi #CheapNuisance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

10 Best Android Phones 2015 / Unlock A Locked Memory Card / Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.