Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,167 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... (1710 Views)

How To Stop Stuttering And Stammering(stammerers Only) / HERBS For Permanent Cure For STAMMERING/STUTTERING / Is There Any Cure For Stammering/stuttering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 27, 2014
Hi....
I'm Gabriel and not a new member here on Nairaland...
My problem right now is i've noticed of late that sometimes when i speak, I stutter or stammer as most people know it as....
Thing is, as a child, I've always been fluent with words.... As a teenager, when i get upset with friends, and we quarrel, during d quarrel somtimes, I stuttered and in the past few weeks now that I'm 24, i started noticing that even when i gist normally with people, I sometimes stutter.... Please I need Candid advice on how to stop this.... It's really getting embarrassing for me and Its making me lose my confidence.....
Thanks for your help as you do so....
Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by Greyworld: 7:31am On Oct 27, 2014
Village ppl @work.........hope yu nor insult any grandma or grandpa?

Just pray abt it.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by Mynd44: 7:40am On Oct 27, 2014
You try to get the words out too fast.

Anytime you get "stuck", take a breath and start again.
Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by deuce7(m): 7:41am On Oct 27, 2014
Try to be calm when you speck. Speck slowly and don't rush anything. Don't speck when your upset or teased up and avoid explosive situations.
Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by ITbomb(m): 7:49am On Oct 27, 2014
Don't rush
Listen to the words as you speak them word by word.
I believe you can still sing fluently, try singing your sentences and see the difference

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by eightsin(m): 8:24am On Oct 27, 2014
Greyworld:

Just pray abt it.

Lool.
Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by PapiWata: 9:23am On Oct 27, 2014
FLYGERIAN91:
Hi....
I'm Gabriel and not a new member here on Nairaland...
My problem right now is i've noticed of late that sometimes when i speak, I stutter or stammer as most people know it as....
Thing is, as a child, I've always been fluent with words.... As a teenager, when i get upset with friends, and we quarrel, during d quarrel somtimes, I stuttered and in the past few weeks now that I'm 24, i started noticing that even when i gist normally with people, I sometimes stutter.... Please I need Candid advice on how to stop this.... It's really getting embarrassing for me and Its making me lose my confidence.....
Thanks for your help as you do so....

Mel Tillis is an old-school American country music singer whose voice flows beautifully in song, but who stutters when he speaks in everyday life. Closer to home in Nigeria, only those close to late business mogul M.K.O Abiola were aware that he spoke with a very pronounced stammer, yet sang like a nightingale, flawlessly in tune like the "Agidigbo" traditional band singer he once was in his poverty-tested youth.

The question of whether or not stammering can be permanently "cured" is still in debate, BUT, you might be able to enjoy increasing lengths of time vocalizing without stuttering if you just sing in your spare time, and by sing I mean croon like Usher or Craig David, and NOT rap like Fiddy Cent.

When commuting in your car, turn up a nice soaring ballad that you first heard on on some golden oldies show, and sing your heart out in the privacy of your ride. This simple vocal exercise costs nothing to try, and MAY enable you to gradually reduce or even eliminate stuttering from your speech. If this technique works for you, my consultancy fee will be an affordable ten thousand naira, per word of advice typed here.
Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 27, 2014
PapiWata:

Mel Tillis is an old-school American country music singer whose voice flows beautifully in song, but who stutters when he speaks in everyday life. Closer to home in Nigeria, only those close to late business mogul M.K.O Abiola were aware that he spoke with a very pronounced stammer, yet sang like a nightingale, flawlessly in tune like the "Agidigbo" traditional band singer he once was in his poverty-tested youth.

The question of whether or not stammering can be permanently "cured" is still in debate, BUT, you might be able to enjoy increasing lengths of time vocalizing without stuttering if you just sing in your spare time, and by sing I mean croon like Usher or Craig David, and NOT rap like Fiddy Cent.

When commuting in your car, turn up a nice soaring ballad that you first heard on on some golden oldies show, and sing your heart out in the privacy of your ride. This simple vocal exercise costs nothing to try, and MAY enable you to gradually reduce or even eliminate stuttering from your speech. If this technique works for you, my consultancy fee will be an affordable ten thousand naira, per word of advice typed here.
LOL at 10k per word..... True enof, i sing fluently even though I'm still tryna work on my voice (lol) and I'm also a rapper... I'm soo into music of all genres especially music that gives me vocal challenges.... Will keep up with the singing as u have adviced lemme c how it works for me.... Thanks soo much..... More tips are welcome from others as well....
Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by PapiWata: 9:57am On Oct 27, 2014
FLYGERIAN91:
LOL at 10k per word..... True enof, i sing fluently even though I'm still tryna work on my voice (lol) and I'm also a rapper... I'm soo into music of all genres especially music that gives me vocal challenges.... Will keep up with the singing as u have adviced lemme c how it works for me.... Thanks soo much..... More tips are welcome from others as well....

Hey that is great to hear that you already enjoy singing, Flygerian. Keep it going with a purpose, brother man.
Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 27, 2014
PapiWata:

Hey that is great to hear that you already enjoy singing, Flygerian. Keep it going with a purpose, brother man.
thank mhen.... I really appreciate....
Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 27, 2014
Greyworld:

Just pray abt it.
lol.... God forbid.... I die before i insult somone older than me.... Thanks anyway....
Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 27, 2014
Mynd44:
You try to get the words out too fast.

Anytime you get "stuck", take a breath and start again.
@Mynd44 tnx.... Will try doin so when I talk....
Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 27, 2014
deuce7:
Try to be calm when you speck. Speck slowly and don't rush anything. Don't speck when your upset or teased up and avoid explosive situations.
Thanx mehn!!!
Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 27, 2014
ITbomb:
Don't rush
Listen to the words as you speak them word by word.
I believe you can still sing fluently, try singing your sentences and see the difference
thanx bruv... I appreciate....
Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by LizNaira: 7:58pm On Oct 27, 2014
I hear reciting tongue twisters or reading books out loud help. There is a movie on this 'The Kings Speech' something like that. A former King in England had the same issue and did this and it worked.
Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 29, 2014
LizNaira:
I hear reciting tongue twisters or reading books out loud help. There is a movie on this 'The Kings Speech' something like that. A former King in England had the same issue and did this and it worked.
used to love tongue twisters tho..... Bin a while since i last attempted any.... Will try em out again...

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by djeezy(m): 8:16am On Oct 29, 2014
If you get stuck, just cough. I know of someone whose stuttering was way outta control but today he doesn't stutter. I just wonder how he did it.
Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by Tallesty1(m): 8:31am On Oct 29, 2014
djeezy:
If you get stuck, just cough. I know of someone whose stuttering was way outta control but today he doesn't stutter. I just wonder how he did it.
Hard starting get level bro...

Those ppl wey dey match ground wen 'em wan talk hardly get better.
Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by djeezy(m): 8:45am On Oct 29, 2014
Tallesty1:
Hard starting get level bro...

Those ppl wey dey match ground wen 'em wan talk hardly get better.
hahaha. This guy am talking about dey match ground. When we were growing up. He would start matching the ground, to ridicule him, we would hold his leg tight to the ground and he would be unable to speak. We would burst into laughter. Just didn't know how the dude stopped as he grew older. There's also a myth that if you drink water from a metal gong that it will stop. Don't know how true that is.
Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by Tallesty1(m): 8:55am On Oct 29, 2014
djeezy:
hahaha. This guy am talking about dey match ground. When we were growing up. He would start matching the ground, to ridicule him, we would hold his leg tight to the ground and he would be unable to speak. We would burst into laughter. Just didn't know how the dude stopped as he grew older. There's also a myth that if you drink water from a metal gong that it will stop. Don't know how true that is.
Maybe it was a miracle.
Re: I Need Advice On Stopping Stuttering.... by thababe: 3:10pm On May 16, 2016
You probably went through something that affected your confidence. I read two very helpful articles on this subject matter.
https://www.bellanaija.com/2016/05/chiomah-momah-let-your-voice-be-heard-5-tips-to-help-you-deal-with-stuttering/

http://www.chiomah.net/2016/05/feel-fear-and-go-ahead.html

The first one especially had some good tips. all the best

(1) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About Peptic Ulcer Popularly Know As Stomach Ulcer / Which Is Better? Raw Eggs Or Boiled Eggs / Resident Doctors Call Off Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.