Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,018 members, 7,803,401 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? (2015 Views)

I Have 300K To Invest With On My Blog, What And What Should I Get? / Mobile 'yes' Is Not Working In My Blog. What Should I Do / Someone Is Trying To Hack My Blog, What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by soldierdollar(m): 9:15am On Oct 27, 2014
I was just experimenting with my blog and decided to integrate disqus comment form which has replaced the custom one .
What do you think ?
http://naijasuya..com
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by Lovetinz(m): 9:23am On Oct 27, 2014
Not a bad idea, but don't you think it will increase your page-load time?
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by dwebdesign(m): 10:40am On Oct 27, 2014
Discuss is to prevent spam. Has nothing with page load. If you are interested on how to increase page load speed and decrease the page load time, I can help you integrate google drive as cdn on your website using the google drive API and google drive SDK.

Mobile: 08133884165

Whatsapp: 08133884165

BBM: 2BB63350
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by soldierdollar(m): 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2014
Lovetinz:
Not a bad idea, but don't you think it will increase your page-load time?

Nah . I think the page load time will increase as more posts accumulate in a page
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by jaybossYBNL(m): 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2014
I don't like Disqus because it's requires sign up before commenting and perhaps it's not every Nigerian that's aware of it....I advise you to remove it and put facebook comment box instead as the new fb comment box will leave the traditional comment box their so you will have two options.

my 2 cents

1 Like

Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by soldierdollar(m): 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
jaybossYBNL:
I don't like Disqus because it's requires sign up before commenting and perhaps it's not every Nigerian that's aware of it....I advise you to remove it and put facebook comment box instead as the new fb comment box will leave the traditional comment box their so you will have two options.

my 2 cents

Thanks much . Heard Facebook comments are not SEO-friendly
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by bedfordng(m): 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2014
why using disqus when facebook is there.facebook comment not seo friendly and people do pay for fb advert to drive traffic to their blog.more over, disqus comment is mostly used by top notch blogs,not a start up blog.how many nigerians are making use of disqus.facebook comment is recommended for this instead of disqus because you also get traffic from users comments.do your seo part and leave the rest.
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by Shoutershub: 6:11pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hi Howdy.

Don't Know the Reason you Removed Wordpress custom Comment system, but I tell you, yu are currently missing 30% of your supposed comments.

For a Certainty
- it requires sing up,
- it requires Log-in ,
its not seo friendly,
can't be accessed from Mobile.

Ey Bro, I admonish you to go back to the former comment system, if yo are afraid of links, you could remove the links filled from your Blog and make it simple.

It Not an issue afterall.

And about FB Comment system... Forget it. You would end up passing your traffic, and rank able keywords on comments to facebook.

Ey bro think wise. Comments increase the priority calculation oon your sitemap and determines how,site is been crawled on your blog.

Hope that was helpful :-)

Am Neon of www.shouteerhub.com
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by soldierdollar(m): 6:33pm On Oct 27, 2014
bedfordng:
why using disqus when facebook is there.facebook comment not seo friendly and people do pay for fb advert to drive traffic to their blog.more over, disqus comment is mostly used by top notch blogs,not a start up blog.how many nigerians are making use of disqus.facebook comment is recommended for this instead of disqus because you also get traffic from users comments.do your seo part and leave the rest.

Yeah . The advantage of using Facebook comment is because almost everybody is logged in his Facebook account and commenting would be easy . Disadvantage is that comments from Facebook , according to experts are not indexed in search engines and that is the strong point of disqus . Disqus on the other hand , just like the person above me said requires q lot of log in processes and this could discourage people from commenting .

An trying to integrate the two but I guess it might not be possible and might add to the bulk of loading a page
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by soldierdollar(m): 6:41pm On Oct 27, 2014
Shoutershub:
Hi Howdy.

Don't Know the Reason you removed Wordpress custom Comment system, but I tell you, yu are currently missing 30% of your supposed comments.

For a Certainty
- it requires sing up,
- it requires Log-in ,
its not seo friendly,
can't be accessed from Mobile.

Ey Bro, I admonish you to go back to the former comment system, if yo are afraid of links, you could remove the links filled from your Blog and make it simple.

It Not an issue afterall.

And about FB Comment system... Forget it. You would end up passing your traffic, and rank able keywords on comments to facebook.

Ey bro think wise. Comments increase the priority calculation oon your sitemap and determines how,site is been crawled on your blog.

Hope that was helpful :-)

Am Neon of www.shouteerhub.com

Very helpful comment.

I just envy the simplicity of wordpress comment system . am on blogger .
I don't think Facebook comments will help too.
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by jaybossYBNL(m): 7:29am On Oct 28, 2014
soldierdollar:

Thanks much . Heard Facebook comments are not SEO-friendly
but people are using it even the top sites in Nigeria like vanguard uses both fb comment box and Disqus, ogbongeblog uses fb comment box and the traditional comment box
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by soldierdollar(m): 7:38am On Oct 28, 2014
jaybossYBNL:

but people are using it even the top sites in Nigeria like vanguard uses both fb comment box and Disqus, ogbongeblog uses fb comment box and the traditional comment box

Wow. . If fb doesn't overwrite the custom comment form , I will give it a try
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by jaybossYBNL(m): 8:05am On Oct 28, 2014
soldierdollar:

Wow. . If fb doesn't overwrite the custom comment form , I will give it a try
the new fb doesn't over write it check it on ogbongeblog.com
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by soldierdollar(m): 8:21am On Oct 28, 2014
jaybossYBNL:

Yeah true .
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by Shollay20(m): 8:25am On Oct 28, 2014
Please am begging i want to enable comment box, but i dont know how to do it...please help me check my website...http://sholaqozeem..com/
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by soldierdollar(m): 10:40am On Oct 28, 2014
Shollay20:
Please am begging i want to enable comment box, but i dont know how to do it...please help me check my website...http://sholaqozeem..com/

You added a Google plus gadget. Remove it
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by bedfordng(m): 5:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
jaybossYBNL:

it may interest you to know that vanguard is a topnotch site where people visit everyday so they can use disqus without problem as they tend to reduce lots of spam comments.disqus makes sense more on top notch site that generates lots of traffic,not a new site that is still struggling for traffic and comments.don't even compare it
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by soldierdollar(m): 10:23pm On Oct 28, 2014
jaybossYBNL:

I just added a facebook comment box cheesy
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by Shollay20(m): 2:28am On Oct 29, 2014
soldierdollar:

You added a Google plus gadget. Remove it
I have did it it not showing pls help
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by jaybossYBNL(m): 6:52am On Oct 29, 2014
bedfordng:
it may interest you to know that vanguard is a topnotch site where people visit everyday so they can use disqus without problem as they tend to reduce lots of spam comments.disqus makes sense more on top notch site that generates lots of traffic,not a new site that is still struggling for traffic and comments.don't even compare it
I was telling him to use the fb comment box cus someone was saying its not good for seo that's why I said even big sites uses it
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2019
soldierdollar:
I was just experimenting with my blog and decided to integrate disqus comment form which has replaced the custom one .
What do you think ?
http://naijasuya..com

Couldn't find it.
What do you think of the one here? [url]howdoyounaija.com.ng/How-Do-You-Convince-People-To-Vote-For-You[/url]
Re: I Jist Added Disqus Comment On My Blog. What Do U Think? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 06, 2019
Shollay20:

This video might help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JldEG0XU9w8

(1) (Reply)

Fast, Secure, Reliable, 100℅ Uptime Guarante Master Reseller Hosting (16GB RAM) / How I Got More Than 5000 Massive Traffic From USA / Free Instagram Followers For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.