Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,498 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Any Correlation Between The Old Testament And New Testament - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Correlation Between The Old Testament And New Testament (531 Views)

The New Testament Prophets Defined. / Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? / Old Testament And New Testament God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Any Correlation Between The Old Testament And New Testament by emmanuelogbe(m): 9:21am On Oct 27, 2014
I am the kind of person that is so passionate about GOD, and wants to have a personal encounter with HIM. But with the way things are going, it seems we are gambling our lives with religion as there is no clear and uniformity in the interpretation of various bible passages. This has resulted to variations in denominational culture and mode of worship in churches around the world. Today we have the Catholic, Pentecostal, Anglican, Cherubim and Seraphim, Jehovah Witnesses; not to talk of other religions like Islam, Judaism, etc.
All these groups worship the same GOD but with different approaches. What is wrong and condemned in one denomination may not be wrong in the other. Then the confusion emerge, and I ask myself... Which group teaches the right principles or have the absolute license of our GOD Almighty?
I believed the way forward was the Scriptures i.e. the bible. But now, the more I study the bible (Old and New Testament), the more confused I become. It is apparent that the Old and New Testament contrast each other on some important issues. That was why after the LORD's crucifixion, Apostle Paul stated, "we are no longer bound by the law, but saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus", though not a license for us to sin.
The confusion now is this; in the book of Matthew 5:17-19, Jesus said "think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets. I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. KJV".
Now the question is; what does our Lord Jesus mean by coming to fulfil the law, and that no title or one jot shall not pass from the law until heaven and earth pass away?
Are we technically still bound by the law?
Mature contributions needed pls.

(1) (Reply)

News:scientists May Have Been Wrong About Higgs Boson / All Questions You Have Has Answers Ready For You In The Bible. / What Does The Bible Say About Superstitious Beliefs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.