Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? (9896 Views)

What Do You Think Causes People To Believe The Bible Is Gods Word? / Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. / What Time Is "Gods Time"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 12:15am On Oct 29, 2014
Alexis86:

you want pastors to go out of business? na there my father take dey get money pay my school fees o
ahaahaahhahha!!!
your father na pastor?
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Iceflox(f): 12:22am On Oct 29, 2014
Alexis86:

lol..
i am looking for people to condemn
in your mind, you think you are catching fun, the earlier you repent, the better for you
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by jdilight(m): 12:54pm On Oct 29, 2014
paxonel:
This is the mandate God gave to mankind in the beginning
Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and REPLENISH THE EARTH , and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
So., our primary purpose on earth is to replenish this earth and God has not changed his mind about this.
How come churches are now saying that the reason why we are on earth is to win souls to prepare for rapture ?
That when rapture comes, God will take us to heaven and destroy this world?
Why will God create man in the beginning and ask him to replenish this world, only for him to come and destroy what man have put his effort to replenish over the years?
Is God that confused? (I'm speaking like a man )
I know winning soul is part of it, But it is not the main thing.

Rapture is not the reason for God to create man. Rapture came into place when man fail. If man trace his step back, which is unlikely. God will return to the master plan. Rapture is like plan B.
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 3:56pm On Oct 29, 2014
jdilight:

Rapture is not the reason for God to create man. Rapture came into place when man fail. If man trace his step back, which is unlikely. God will return to the master plan. Rapture is like plan B.
in other words, planA, which was to replenish this earth has been rejected by God simply because man fail and cannot trace his step back?

2 Likes

Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by jdilight(m): 3:59pm On Oct 29, 2014
paxonel:

in other words, plan A which was to replenish this earth has been rejected by God simply because man fail and cannot trace his step back?

No, but the men who don't live according to the world will have another place to stay after death. You need to understand that man was not meant to die.
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Iceflox(f): 4:02pm On Oct 29, 2014
paxonel:

ahaahaahhahha!!!
your father na pastor?
i don't think that his father is a pastor, no pastors child behave that way
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Image123(m): 4:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
paxonel:

they say Christ will come one day and very soon, to blow a trumpet from the cloud and gather believers to heaven, there after God will destroy this world, imagin.
i think this is a primitive concept from some ancient primitive theologians and Africa has been a victim of this misconception over the years

i think you missed out the rest of what was said. Here it is.

Christ will come one day and very soon, to blow a trumpet from the cloud and gather believers to heaven. After this, there would be great tribulation and the antichrist's reign on earth for some time. After this, Jesus will come with the believers and reign on this earth for about 1000years, during which there will be peace and prosperity, and multiplying and replenishing and etcs. Then satan would again deceive some people and, there after God will destroy this world. And God would put all the righteous humans in the new/other world/earth and they will live happily ever after.

1 Like

Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Alexis86: 4:59pm On Oct 29, 2014
Iceflox:

i don't think that his father is a pastor, no pastors child behave that way
how do you know that they behave well? is your father a pastor? let those who are pastors children tell you how pastors children behave
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Iceflox(f): 5:12pm On Oct 29, 2014
Alexis86:

how do you know that they behave well? is your father a pastor? let those who are pastors children tell you how pastors children behave
its either you are not a pastors child or you simply lark home training
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 6:30pm On Oct 29, 2014
Image123:

i think you missed out the rest of what was said. Here it is.

Christ will come one day and very soon, to blow a trumpet from the cloud and gather believers to heaven. After this, there would be great tribulation and the antichrist's reign on earth for some time. After this, Jesus will come with the believers and reign on this earth for about 1000years, during which there will be peace and prosperity, and multiplying and replenishing and etcs. Then satan would again deceive some people and, there after God will destroy this world. And God would put all the righteous humans in the new/other world/earth and they will live happily ever after.

exactly!
this is the complete idea. but i have not seen any biblical stand that portray this story which looks like tales from Jewish mythology.
the question i am asking is, why will God want to put righteous people in a new world and destroy this world? is it not this same world he asked man to replenish in the beginning?
even we humans, we don't do anything without reason, we don't go about building houses only to later destroy our houses without any reason.
Adam commiting sin is never a good reason why God will want to destroy the world
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Image123(m): 6:57pm On Oct 29, 2014
paxonel:

exactly!
this is the complete idea. but i have not seen any biblical stand that portray this story which looks like tales from Jewish mythology.
the question i am asking is, why will God want to put righteous people in a new world and destroy this world? is it not this same world he asked man to replenish in the beginning?
even we humans, we don't do anything without reason, we don't go about building houses only to later destroy our houses without any reason.
Adam commiting sin is never a good reason why God will want to destroy the world

Everything i just told you is in the Bible.
God wants to destroy this world because He has found it irredemable and He wants to make something better. That is His reason.
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 7:04pm On Oct 29, 2014
jdilight:

No, but the men who don't live according to the world will have another place to stay after death. You need to understand that man was not meant to die.

we are saying the same thing,
men who don't live according to the word will leave this earth for those who obey the word to inherit it.
since this is the case, why will God want to rapture people to another place and destroy this world?
if God destroy this world how are those who obey going to inherit it?
so you see, rapture is fake and a contradiction
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 7:06pm On Oct 29, 2014
Image123:

God wants to destroy this world because He has found it irredemable and He wants to make something better. That is His reason.
where in the Bible?
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Image123(m): 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2014
paxonel:

where in the Bible?

Aargh, Genesis to Revelation. Haba.
What do you want to know if it is in the Bible? If i show you, would you then accept it and believe it, or am i about to waste my time?
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Alexis86: 7:42pm On Oct 29, 2014
Iceflox:

its either you are not a pastors child or you simply lark home training

lol..
i am better than you by far, you think it is by going to church? it is people like you that pretend to be righteous in your church when you see your pastors and church members, But the moment you leave their presence you activate into your devil mode

1 Like

Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 7:55pm On Oct 29, 2014
Image123:

Aargh, Genesis to Revelation. Haba.
What do you want to know if it is in the Bible? If i show you, would you then accept it and believe it, or am i about to waste my time?
i have no reason to doubt you,
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Alexis86: 8:00pm On Oct 29, 2014
Image123:

I thought Christ died to redeem the world? how is the world then irredeemable?

1 Like

Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Image123(m): 8:05pm On Oct 29, 2014
paxonel:

i have no reason to doubt you,

Christ will come one day and very soon, to blow a trumpet from the cloud and gather believers to heaven.

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

After this, there would be great tribulation and the antichrist's reign on earth for some time.
Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

After this, Jesus will come with the believers and reign on this earth for about 1000years, during which there will be peace and prosperity, and multiplying and replenishing and etcs.

Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshiped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Then satan would again deceive some people and, there after God will destroy this world. And God would put all the righteous humans in the new/other world/earth and they will live happily ever after.
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever
Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Image123(m): 8:06pm On Oct 29, 2014
Alexis86:

I thought Christ died to redeem the world? how is the world then irredeemable?

He died to redeem the world i.e humans, not the world i.e earth.
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 12:33am On Oct 30, 2014
Image123:

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshiped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever
Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

ok,
who is the Antichrist? is Antichrist the same thing as the beast?
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Alexis86: 12:40am On Oct 30, 2014
Image123:

ok., what you are saying is, the creature is irredeemable, But man is redeemable?
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Image123(m): 1:04am On Oct 30, 2014
paxonel:

ok,
Yes.
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Image123(m): 1:05am On Oct 30, 2014
Alexis86:

ok., what you are saying is, the creature is irredeemable, But man is redeemable?

Earth planet earth.
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Alexis86: 8:16am On Oct 30, 2014
Image123:

Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Alexis86: 8:37am On Oct 30, 2014
Image123:

Yes.
and the image of the Antichrist or mark of the beast who will deceive people is a spirit, which is satan himself that was later cast into the lake of fire?
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Alexis86: 8:41am On Oct 30, 2014
Image123:

Earth planet earth.
creature or planted earth, it's still the same thing, because the earth is God's creation
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Alexis86: 9:03am On Oct 30, 2014
paxonel:

ok,
i think image is making a point there
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 9:20am On Oct 30, 2014
Alexis86:

i think image is making a point there
i told you that the Antichrist were not spirits,they were men who deceived Christians, making them not to believe that,Jesus is the coming Messiah, making them to denounce their Christian faith .
2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by urheme: 9:35am On Oct 30, 2014
Image123:

noted

Alexis86:

good question

Image123:

Earth planet earth.

confused undecided

Alexis86:

creature or planted earth, it's still the same thing, because the earth is God's creation

they can't be the same, image is confusing you, he just stated above that only humans is redeemable,

abeg mr image please come up with a more credible story

Alexis86:

and the image of the Antichrist or mark of the beast who will deceive people is a spirit, which is satan himself that was later cast into the lake of fire?

revelation is a prophecy or dream of event that was reveal to some one, it does not necessarily means that it will happen, when you have a bad dream as a Christian you use prayers and cancel it.

we human beings are the anti Christ and the beast is inside us, the people who said they should crucify Jesus, what do you call them because I call them anti Christ. they have actually multiplied in our present generation and are majorly found in churches, some pastors today are the beast with seven heads because that is how filthy their conscience is.

the reality of revelation is film trick. it stands abolished for me.

the good thing is that, Christian or not we will all be punished by death, and the legacy you leave behind is what matters and may likely live for ever.

so, let us create a good name for our selves and make the world a better place instead of hoping to see the end

2 Likes

Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 30, 2014
On that day, many people will shed tears.

The foolishness of God is greater than the wisdom of men.

You all have successfully misinterpreted the scriptures so that you can dwell in your weakness.

Brothers, strive for righteousness because the hour and time you may not know. For He said, I will come like a thief in the night.

The world will come to an end, because the world is not perfect and is filled with sin. Our Lord is the lord of Perfection. There will be a time when perfection will come and imperfection will disappear.
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by urheme: 11:13am On Oct 30, 2014
chinziaski:
On that day, many people will shed tears.

The foolishness of God is greater than the wisdom of men.

You all have successfully misinterpreted the scriptures so that you can dwell in your weakness.

Brothers, strive for righteousness because the hour and time you may not know. For He said, I will come like a thief in the night.

The world will come to an end, because the world is not perfect and is filled with sin. Our Lord is the lord of Perfection. There will be a time when perfection will come and imperfection will disappear.

grin
God created an imperfect world because he wants it to be so, in other words our God is not a God of perfection, striving to be perfect is the greatest sin there is.

righteousness is not a thing to strive for, you can never be righteous, unless God in His infinite mercies adjourn you righteous .
Re: Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? by paxonel(m): 11:34am On Oct 30, 2014
urheme:

noted

good question

confused undecided

they can't be the same, image is confusing you, he just stated above that only humans is redeemable,

abeg mr image please come up with a more credible story

revelation is a prophecy or dream of event that was reveal to some one, it does not necessarily means that it will happen, when you have a bad dream as a Christian you use prayers and cancel it.

we human beings are the anti Christ and the beast is inside us, the people who said they should crucify Jesus, what do you call them because I call them anti Christ. they have actually multiplied in our present generation and are majorly found in churches, some pastors today are the beast with seven heads because that is how filthy their conscience is.

the reality of revelation is film trick. it stands abolished for me.

the good thing is that, Christian or not we will all be punished by death, and the legacy you leave behind is what matters and may likely live for ever.

so, let us create a good name for our selves and make the world a better place instead of hoping to see the end
that is true, revelation was a dream by john, there are things they actually signify. the significance is what we should apply to reality and not the dream itself
this is the best word i have heard, "LET US MAKE A GOOD NAME FOR OURSELVES AND MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE "
Thanks!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Karma And Curses / WHY Religion Is Clueless / Gospel Of Barnabas: Judas Did Not Betray Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.