Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview (1640 Views)

All The Applicants Failed This Interview Question. (please Help Out) / A Genius Answer To A Moral/Ethical Dilemma Asked In A Job Interview / Who Else Got This Interview Invitation From Brimstone Golden Concepts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by glothaddy(f): 1:27pm On Oct 27, 2014
Pls nairalanders I need ur suggestion on dis questions.
(1) tell us about ur strength and weakness.
(2) what are ur interest
(3) tell us y u want to work with this organization. Pls help clear me on d questions

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 27, 2014
Is clear and simple dear.

may be you are not relaxed at the moment. Please relax and you will find your answers.
Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by Eberex(m): 1:47pm On Oct 27, 2014
glothaddy:
(2) what are ur interest
(3) tell us y u want to work with this organization. Pls help clear me on d questions

Well the answers should lie with you because you alone know yourself, but I can mention some few tips:

1) strength

-Self motivated
-Logical thinker
-Quick thinker
-Dedicated.

2) Weakness

-Very impatient
-talkative
-very honest

3) Strength:

-Focused
-Work ethic
-Team leader

Why would you like to join us?

Sir, I must start my career where the peoples are encouraged and they fulfill their needs of learning. I think this is the right place to work
......bla bla bla

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by Estorico: 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2014
Ensure you back up those weaknesses with good reasons. E.g you can say you are a bit too slow as your weakness but the reason is simply because you want to do things accurately without errors. My little opinion

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 27, 2014
Very funny but interesting responses.
I really wish I could type right now but I'm tired.
Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by Cherez: 5:17pm On Oct 27, 2014
IF you ever try to mention "VERY HONEST" as a weakness, you'd most likely not secure that job.
Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by Saraha1(f): 5:56pm On Oct 27, 2014
Eberex:

Well the answers should lie with you because you alone know yourself, but I can mention some few tips:

1) strength

-Self motivated
-Logical thinker
-Quick thinker
-Dedicated.

2) Weakness

-Very impatient
-talkative
-very honest

3) Strength:

-Focused
-Work ethic
-Team leader

Why would you like to join us?

Sir, I must start my career where the peoples are encouraged and they fulfill their needs of learning. I think this is the right place to work
......bla bla bla
Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 27, 2014
Op, you must never disguise/present a strength as a weakness. And you must never mention a weakness that will be key to your day to day activities, example, saying you lack presentation skills when you know the job will most likely require you making some form of presentation before client or management, that would be shooting yourself in the foot.

iBeg, my hand dey pain me. Later I'll continue.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by Caracta(f): 8:50pm On Oct 27, 2014
Tip: When you mention a weakness, never forget to mention what you are doing about the weakness. It shows you admit your fault, can take responsibility for your action and also yearn to grow and develop yourself.

For example, "I am a bit slow because I love accurate and a perfect job but I try to put this in check by setting deadlines and daily goals & also constantly reassuring myself that I have the ability to do things with speed and accuracy irrespective of the situation".

OR

"I am not time-conscious because I dwell too much on important tasks but I put this in check by using my alarm clock, reminder, online calendar and a time-check journal including friends . Once I get a beep, I know the clock is ticking."

Don't even bother to pretend you don't have a weakness. We all do, except you are a robot. I've never lied about mine and it boosts confidence cheesy
Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by jaybee3(m): 8:59pm On Oct 27, 2014
Caracta:
Tip: When you mention a weakness, never forget to mention what you are doing about the weakness. It shows you admit your fault, can take responsibility for your action and also yearn to grow and develop yourself.

For example, "I am a bit slow because I love accurate and a perfect job but I try to put this in check by setting deadlines and daily goals & also constantly reassuring myself that I have the ability to do things with speed and accuracy irrespective of the situation".

OR

"I am not time-conscious because I dwell too much on important tasks but I put this in check by using my alarm clock, reminder, online calendar and a time-check journal including friends . Once I get a beep, I know the clock is ticking."

Don't even bother to pretend you don't have a weakness. We all do, except you are a robot. I've never lied about mine and it boosts confidence cheesy
Dont ever say you are slow or not time concsious. You simply can't spin that as it's red flag already
Just use the perfectionist buzz word instead

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by Caracta(f): 9:02pm On Oct 27, 2014
jaybee3:

Dont ever say you are slow or not time concsious. You simply can't spin that as it's a red flag
Just use the perfectionist buzz word instead

True that. Perfectionist is a better word...though it has been opposed a few times. I avoided it because someone challenged me on it. These things can be two-faced sometimes. Bottom line- be yourself...even if you are a thief, at least you are honest enough to admit it, that's a plus cheesy
Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 27, 2014
Caracta:

OR

Hey Cara. cheesy
Actually, one should check the weakness one spills as it relates to the role. The best bet is to have answers prepared before hand to be on the safe side, yeah?

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by Caracta(f): 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2014
Three7Ty9:

Hey Cara. cheesy
Actually, one should check the weakness one spills as it relates to the role. The best bet is to have answers prepared before hand to be on the safe side, yeah?

Sure. Like I said, there are different sides to it. Irrespective of the weakness you mention, let us know what you are doing about it.

About preparing answers, it doesn't work for everyone. In fact, it doesn't work for me. Just know what works for you and stick to it.
Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by jaybee3(m): 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2014
Caracta:

True that. Perfectionist is a better word...though it has been opposed a few times. I avoided it because someone challenged me on it. These things can be two-faced sometimes. Bottom line- be yourself...even if you are a thief, at least you are honest enough to admit it, that's a plus cheesy
What was the challenge?
I mean it's not uncommon to have robust processes which sometimes add extra layers to quality assurance process. This is same as being a perfectionist as in one always trying hard to ensure consistency of approach and in turn effective/efficent delivery of results.
Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by Caracta(f): 9:42pm On Oct 27, 2014
jaybee3:

What was the challenge?
I mean it's not uncommon to have robust processes which sometimes add extra layers to quality assurance process. This is same as being a perfectionist as in one always trying hard to ensure consistency of approach and in turn effective/efficent delivery of results.

Some believe perfection is far-fetched and an illusion. An efficient job doesn't necessarily mean a perfect job. Outstanding result is the goal even if the edges are rough.

I used to be a perfectionist. I'm still one slightly. My former boss was very disorganized and would tell you the 100 defects of a perfectionist. Just don't mention that word near him. I've never seen his type before. Perhaps he died of perfection is his former life.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2014
Caracta:

Some believe perfection is far-fetched and an illusion. An efficient job doesn't necessarily mean a perfect job. Outstanding result is the goal even if the edges are rough.

I used to be a perfectionist. I'm still one slightly. My former boss was very disorganized and would tell you the 100 defects of a perfectionist. Just don't mention that word near him. I've never seen his type before. Perhaps he died of perfection in his former life.

LOL! Classic. grin
Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by Caracta(f): 9:50pm On Oct 27, 2014
Three7Ty9:

LOL! Classic. grin

cheesy
Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by jaybee3(m): 10:02pm On Oct 27, 2014
Caracta:

I used to be a perfectionist. I'm still one slightly. My former boss was very disorganized and would tell you the 100 defects of a perfectionist. Just don't mention that word near him. I've never seen his type before. Perhaps he died of perfection is his former life.
Perfection is simply eradicating posibility of errors or better still reducing the margin of error to the bare minimum. Though hard to achieve but easy to embed into working practice and standards. That's why we have proper Quality Assurance where standards are set and results are delivered to specification

You have to be a perfectionist in safety critical roles.

I'm actually doing a presentation on quality assurance in a few days
Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by Truckpusher(m): 10:13pm On Oct 27, 2014
You simply talk more about your strength until they would be forced subtly to remind you that you've not mentioned your weaknesses ,but you still do not own up to any weakness until they'd be forced to give you an example of a particular weakness and there and right then you simply go for the final kill and that's the end of that question..........For example one can say; We all do have some lapses but to say that I have one chronic thing that I'd want to change in my life , is something I can't really say because it doesn't exist - it's the usual ups and downs we all face at some point in our lives.

Under no circumstances should you give your interviewer any form of weakness ,you don't have to be hard about it but cool,calm and collected,watch their mood and carefully force them to ask you what you want to be asked .

If you give out any weakness it will simply compound your problems and give birth to more questions which I bet you that the answers might not be forth coming immediately - After all this is not the positive part of the interview you wanted.
Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by Caracta(f): 10:15pm On Oct 27, 2014
jaybee3:

Perfection is simply eradicating posibility of errors or better still reducing the margin of error to the bare minimum. Though hard to achieve but easy to embed into working practice and standards. That's why we have proper Quality Assurance where standards are set and results are delivered to specification

You have to be a perfectionist in safety critical roles.

I'm actually doing a presentation on quality assurance in a few days

No wonder.

Quality Assurance? Have you changed your job?

I'm sleepy. Typing nonsense already. yuinbcdeetukpuyresdfhjmnvxzgrwrhhvhni
Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by Truckpusher(m): 10:40pm On Oct 27, 2014
The second question about your interest is a little bit close-ended and needed some clarification.

He/she could be referring to your interest as it concerns the job and you'd be thinking your own normal interest in life outside the job.In this particular situation you can ask your interviewer what he or she actually meant by 'interest' You can ask for clarification.I'm sure you do not want to start talking only to be stopped by the interviewer pointing out the interests he/she wanted to hear.

If the interviewer is talking about interest based on the job then it's an easy walk ,because you can lie all the way from here to Abuja how you'd love to see the company grow and all that blah blah blah....... cheesy

If the interest is based on your life and little bit on your career then you need to be careful with what you say - I'm sure you do not want to tell your interviewer that you'll relocate to school abroad as soon as you get some money from the job or run away to another company if a better pay package shows up in your horizon grin.
Re: Pls Help Me With The Right Answer To This Interview by Truckpusher(m): 11:17pm On Oct 27, 2014
glothaddy:
(2) what are ur interest
It all depends on what this organization you want to work for is selling to the public and this should be your major point of call to buttress your point home and let it sink like titanic.

In talking about their product and whatever they are selling you should also consider talking about:

The safety milestones they've achieved.
The human face they have in the public.
Their infrastructural stride in societies and communities that they are existing
Their growth as a world class outfit that has a lot to offer to young people with aspirations and ambitions
The good image being propagated by their employees that you've come across.
The welfare package. and so and so forth.............

Then finally with a beautiful smile on your face you can talk about the money too cheesy.....I bet you they'll laugh.

Yes it works. grin

Interviewers sometimes can be very tough and thorough but they are just humans that are waiting for you to give them reasons why they should deny you that job - But you're the desperate one that should be calm on the hot seat,first point of confidence is to assume that you're having just a discussion with people you want to help make their jobs easier .Once your grammar flows naturally without too much stuttering but little bit of confidence and doggedness they can't just stop admiring your guts.

In interviews you have to be as honest as you can, but remember that whenever you lie about anything no matter how little the lie is ,it should better be a water-tight lie. angry A lie that would require them to kill themselves just to find out the truth.

The moment you kill the first three questions - you'd be dumbfounded on what these guys would be asking you during an interview grin

I was actually asked a naughty question by a man that I have only seen on papers and TVs about how many girlfriends I have as at then ....And I said 'none sir' grin
He just laughed and said to me ''I heard that fine boys like you has at least ten girl friends in this town'' I just smiled and said to him 'none'.
The man didn't just stop there ,He now said for the fact that I don't have a job and money for now that I'm managing five girls and I just smiled and repeated 'none sir' and to my greatest surprise all the managers joined in and they started pressurizing me to agree to at least five or three and everybody was talking at the same time and I was almost owning up to having one because of the pressure, when suddenly one them made a statement like this '' Na for this office we go stay dey hear your story'' grin

They all laughed - End of interview and I knew for sure that I got the goddamn job grin

Have a nice interview but your self confidence is the surest bet for any interview. kiss

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Fidelix Textile Mills Limited / From HR Office / Port Harcourt Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.