Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:17 AM

The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church (2761 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by eurimoor(m): 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2006
Since 2005 The Deeper Life Bible Church has been holding a quartely crusade across Nigeria and recently, in 2 west African countries.These Crusades are transmitted through satelite to hundreds of locations all across Africa, Europe and America.Have seen any of these crusades? Whats your view about them? Let's share.
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by micolala(m): 10:51pm On Aug 04, 2006
well,I know ve attended their retreat more than five times. I think it`s wonderful.
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by kenshin(m): 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2006
I think it is great, however we should also remember that we too have a responsiblity to tell others about the love of God.
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by SirKay3(m): 4:38pm On Aug 12, 2006
That's why the crusade is being organised quarterly, to tell people about God's love, salvation of their souls, healing, deliverance and dominion
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by donnie(m): 5:36pm On Aug 13, 2006
I am happy about the development. These are the last days and the enemy is doing his best to seize the airwaves but God's people who know their God are doing exploits , taking back what is rightfully theirs.

Through prosperity shall God's cities be established. Satan is in touble!!
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by micolala(m): 6:47am On Aug 16, 2006
Yes o i agree with u.satan is in a lot of mess.
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by Backslider(m): 7:11am On Mar 20, 2007
@donnie

I dont mean to stalk you oooo.

but the bible says that we are shall overcome the Dragon by the testimony of our mouth Period.

Prosperity dont move him, He dealt with Solomon so I have taken note.

God bless
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by emmanas(m): 4:26pm On Mar 20, 2007
smiley thnk God 4 d life of Pas. W.F> Kunmuyi 4 d vision & mission God gave 2 him that he his usg effectivily.
this is d last day dt every & each pple should rise 2 save d life of odas 4 d kingdom sake. wat d church is doing is accordg 2 d will of God & all must join in huntg cos d bible many are calld but few are chosg. smiley
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by TayoD(m): 5:20pm On Mar 20, 2007
Mmm. One thing catches my attention in all this. Has the DLBM rescinded its decision about the Television? I just wonder why they are now broadcasting on the airwaves when members are not allowed to own televisions? Has their been a change in policy towards the ownership and status of the T.V.? Anyone in the know should please share!

This is not to distract from the discussion. Just wanted to know what's up in that arena.
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by donnie(m): 12:56am On Mar 21, 2007
@Backslider. If u check properly you will notice i did not say that prosperity moves God. How can it, when He owns the whole world? Prosperity of the saints moves the kingdom forward! If you think it is chicken change that puts the gospel on satelite you can think again. My church has been involved in world evangelism by satelite and i am a part of it. I have discovered the reason why God prospers his kids. Are you involved in any substantial way? Is your money a part of this move of God in deeper life? Actualy, I am not suprised you came up here again to criticize me. You will not talk that way if your money is involved in the kingdom in any meaningful way. For your information, Pastor Kumuyi believes in prosperity and so do i. Why will i be afraid of prosperity when my heart is towards God and the advancement of His kingdom.
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by Backslider(m): 7:02am On Mar 21, 2007
@TayoD

I own a television But Personally I want to get rid of it Kumuyi or no Kumuyi. There is no TV in the bible. But there is all appearance of Evil.

I know WHAT the TV CAN DO and I know it is an Agent of Satan BOX.

However there is Good news you can buy a monitor and hookup a DVD to listen to messages or even listen to messages online.

I SAY THROW OUT THAT EVIL BOX!

HEAVEN AND HELL WAS THERE BEFORE DEEPER LIFE

Donnie

I tried to listen to messages from your Church site
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by acidrop(f): 7:09am On Mar 21, 2007
heyyii, u sound like a very faithful christain 2 me, but y on earth did u decide 2 call urself backslider
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by TayoD(m): 4:48pm On Mar 21, 2007
@Backslider,

Good for you. If you consider the T.V. as evil, to you it is evil. As long as you are fully persuaded in your conscience, your moderation is noted of by the rest of us.

However, isn't that same appearanc eof evil present in more ways via the internet through which you plan to hook up your monitor (better word shold be computer)?
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by Backslider(m): 5:01pm On Mar 21, 2007
@TayoD

MONITOR you can connect to DVD and watch message LIKE A TV.

For computer internet you don't need tuning besides a TV and internet are very different.

THE STATIONS THAT BROADCAST ARE NOT CONCERNED OF THE MORAL CONTENT IT IS WHATEVER SELLS AND COMPETITION.

lots of love.
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by TayoD(m): 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2007
@Backslider,

Okay, maybe I'm getting this thread off track a little, but I still have unaswered questions. How can we refer to T.V. as the devil's box and yet use it to propagate the Gospel? And how can the internet be so evil as well and yet you are propagating the Lord as best you know how through that medium?

I am reminded of what Paul says: I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean. Doesn't this apply to T.V., internet, money, politics etc as well?
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by Backslider(m): 5:16pm On Mar 21, 2007
@ tayoD

This TV YOU SEE I HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF IT HOWEVER IT IS MY PERSONAL CHOICE TO HATE IT. HOWEVER I WILL NOT PREVENT ONE TO WATCH OR NOT TO WATCH.

THE ENLIGHTENMENT IN THE TV IS 2% the Rest is evil that is my PERSONAL.
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by TV01(m): 5:20pm On Mar 21, 2007
TayoD:

I am reminded of what Paul says: I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean. Doesn't this apply to T.V., internet, money, politics etc as well?

Everything is to be judged on it's merits (or otherwise). As relating to "politics", you have been offered numerous opportunities to enunciate your position, and failed to do so severally. Don't try and sneak in a "quickly taken free-kick" here my friend  grin!

Although I am tagged TV01, I don't own a telly and I was greatly edified by giving it up and disavowing most worldly programming. Not to say that TV is inherently evil (Telly that is not me cheesy). But to the immature or indisciplined, it has potential for great harm. Kinda like wine really.

BackSlider,  I appreciate your position regards wine, telly and the like, but you go beyond the biblical writ to add your own legalistic strictures. That is usual the beginnings of cultic /denominational isolation. Please be persuaded, but please beware.

God bless
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by Backslider(m): 5:32pm On Mar 21, 2007
@TV01

Thank you for the warning and I agree with you Spirit here for it says let him that think he stand take heed lest he fall.

As for Stricture I am just commanded by him and I receive Order From the Lion of The tribe of Juda
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by TayoD(m): 5:46pm On Mar 21, 2007
@Backslider,

This TV YOU SEE I HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF IT HOWEVER IT IS MY PERSONAL CHOICE TO HATE IT. HOWEVER I WILL NOT PREVENT ONE TO WATCH OR NOT TO WATCH.
THE ENLIGHTENMENT IN THE TV IS 2% the Rest is evil that is my PERSONAL.

Thanks for letting your moderation be known unto all and for not insisting that others must be guided by your persuasion.  

However, this still does not answer my question or inquisition. Does the DLBM still consider the T.V. the Devil's Box by doctrine? I am very close to DeeperLifers and I have even been to a Pastor's home while his kids were watching T.V.  While not asking him any question, he said he hardly allows his kids to watch T.V. and the day I visited was one of such exceptions. Unfortunately for him, I have been there several times and found the T.V. on almost all the visits.

@TV01,

Is there an alarm bell that rings in your head each time there is mention of politics or tithes on this forum? Are those words the carcasses that get your eagle hovering above our heads - sometimes annoyingly?  tongue

In any case, while I have no problems with you getting rid of your out of production 'black and white' telly, I am amused by the fact that you can still surf the web where there is significantly greater evil than there is on telly. Just like the wine and the telly that you have mentioned, there is significantly great evil associated with them, just as there is significantly great righteousness associated with them.  And much to your chagrin, same applies to politics as well.
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by Backslider(m): 6:04pm On Mar 21, 2007
@TayoD

I dont follow the Crowd. The Church much as I respect it is not heaven or God. I know who I beleive.

It is not all that attend that church that will go to heaven. so I am not concerned about even the pastor of the Church is found in Fornication.

Does that make it Right.

I know people that living in sin and are church leaders the judgment on them will be severe. I am not concerned about titles but i respect them as human being and we do err, BUT WE ARE NOT TO CONTINUE IN SIN.

IF THEY WATCH TV THAT IS THERE OWN PERSUASION I WILL NOT ALLOW MY SON TO WATCH TV SIMPLE AND SHORT.
Re: The Ongoing Africa-wide Crusades Of Deeper Life Church by Backslider(m): 6:11pm On Mar 21, 2007
@TayoD

I don't follow the Crowd. The Church much as I respect it is not heaven or God. I know who I beleive.

It is not all that attend that church that will go to heaven. so I am not concerned about even the pastor of the Church is found in Fornication.

Does that make it Right.

I know people that living in sin and are church leaders the judgment on them will be severe. I am not concerned about titles but i respect them as human being and BIG IF we do err, BUT WE ARE NOT TO CONTINUE IN SIN.

IF THEY WATCH TV THAT IS THERE OWN PERSUASION I WILL NOT ALLOW MY SON TO WATCH TV SIMPLE AND SHORT.

(1) (Reply)

Giving For God's Service / Eyes Have Not Seen And Ears Have Not Heard / We Laid The Foundation For Boko Haram –Isa El Buba [pic]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.