Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

The Skywalker Series - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Skywalker Series (15030 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 12:11am On Jan 23, 2015
Addendum 8

Few metres away from Ekwensu,near the fire,lay Razak thinking hard with his eyes closed.

They were getting close now. A few more days and they would be within reach of the Orb. He would return to the King's Catacomb a hero. The wine,the glory and the women! The thought of the luscious Tuareg damsels that would shower their affection on him brought him sharp pain between his legs. He sighed. The snake down there had already begun to dance in anticipation. He chuckled to himself.

Then his eyes moved to his companion looking into the dark. What exactly was his motive? Surely someone as magically powerful as he is wouldn't come all this way just to pay a debt. He definitely has something to gain,doesn't he? Whatever evil or sinister plans Ekwensu may hatch,he was definitely ready.

Well,it was time to sleep,Razak thought. Let tomorrow think for itself. But whatever happens,a Slayer will always survive. Until then...
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 12:20am On Jan 23, 2015
Kylecares:
oh no this story getting cold maybe cos of its slow updates

So so sorry about that.

I beg everyone reading this to excercise patience with me. I'm a Law student and exams are coming up in 2 weeks... So I've been mighty busy.

Thanks for reading.
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 1:09am On Jan 23, 2015

I sparred with Egwu as Mmagwu and Aninye went to gather mushrooms for breakfast. The Veiled lady sat down,as she had done since we started journeying,silently observing us with keen interest.

We sparred for a while before I told Egwu I was tired.

"Have your travels made you senile?" He teased,laughing.

To our surprise,the Veiled Lady broke into laughter so loud that I and Egwu froze.

In one fell swoop,she swept the veil off her face and and stood up.

"I bet you my breakfast that I will best you." She defiantly said,perfectly setting the trap for a glutton.

Egwu stood transfixed to a spot.

"So this is what you look like,no wonder Ideyi hid you away." He slowly muttered,like someone under a spell.

"What did you just say?" I asked,incredulous.

"And The High God decides to smile on me!" Egwu said coming back to reality and beckoning on her to pick up my sword.

The thought of food quickly took over Egwu's brain.

The Veiled Lady came to stand opposite him,taking her fighting stance.

"This will be over real quick." Egwu drawled,wooden sword at the ready.

Arrogantly Egwu ran toward her to strike her down,but got a rude shock when she stooped and effortlessly threw him over with the speed at which he came. He landed with a thud a short distance away.

She got up and smiled. Egwu was visibly infuriated. He ran at her again,and she deftly stepped aside,hitting his shoulder in the process.

I could not stomach my laughter.

"Your travels have made you senile!" I chuckled.

As if on cue, Mmagwu and Aninye came in,bearing two wooden bowls filled with mushrooms.

"What in the name of The High God?" Mmagwu asked,dropping her bowl,her eyes gleaming with delight.

It was a full house. Everyone was eagerly waiting to see what Egwu would do.

They circled each other, a bit of respect being beaten into Egwu. Then I noticed she was smiling provocatively at Egwu,the kind of smile a father has on his face while fighting mock battles with his toddler son. I saw Egwu's face tighten with anger. Then it hit me.

She baited him.

And he swallowed it.

He lashed out with his sword,which the Veiled Lady saw coming and cleverly dodged. She lashed out with her fist and hit his jaw squarely,which sent him reeling backward,getting down on one knee.

She ran at him almost immediately,while he was still down on one knee ,stepped on the free knee and used it as a jump pad. She jumped high into the air and came down with the final blow on Egwu's face. She had won!

We were cheering and celebrating the unexpected victory when the Veiled Lady stopped us.

"Wait,there's someone singing." She noted,turning to look at us.

We strained our ears to hear the song and the singer's voice,but all was silent.

"We can't hear a thing." Mmagwu said.

"I swear there's someone singing!" She shrieked.

I came close to her to calm her down and I held her shoulder.

Then a melodious song hit my ears. A female voice sang sonorously, serenading my ears.

"The treasure that you seek,

Lies in a house met with death,

In the heart of the town,

Whence lived the great Eri."

The singer continued to repeat the song.

"I heard the song too." I said taking my hands off her shoulders and the song faded away.

"What does it say?" Egwu asked,looking perplexed.

I relayed it to them.

"I assume this voice is talking to us." Aninye opined,"and to you especially." She said,turning to me.

Silence fell on us as we tried to understand the song. Then Mmagwu broke it.

"I think I understand now!" She screamed.

"What do you understand?" I asked.

"Eri was the first being The High God created,right?" She asked.

"Yes,go on." I urged her.

"I don't know if you're all ready to hear this,but the Orb lies in Nri where Eri once lived." She triumphantly announced,pausing to observe the astonished look on our faces. Nri it is. The Town Of Creation.

As we left our camp that afternoon,I asked the Veiled Lady how she got to learn swordsmanship.

"Ideyi taught me the intricate ways of the sword,not the basics like you and Egwu." She said,smiling.

"I should have asked you a long while ago,what is your name?"

She smiled again.

"Oboli. My name is Oboli."

1 Like

Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2015
Addendum 9

Oma peered out the window and squinted at the rays of sunlight that hit his face. It was another day,and it was a good thing to still be alive. He rubbed his palms on his face to get his eyes accustomed to the sunrays that impudently invaded the room.

He got off his bamboo bed and reached out for his chewing stick and his goblet which lay on the table in the centre of the spacious room. He was the man of the house,he thought,and as such should get the inherent benefits.

He offered a short prayer to The High God, and went behind the house to clean his mouth.

"Good morning Mother,hope you slept well?" He lovingly asked his mother,bending over firewood,trying to make a fire and prepare breakfast.

"Omasili nwa m,hope you slept well?" Mother asked,a wan smile on her face.

Oma walked to the backyard,sighing. She had been this way since Amadi left for Ozuzu. No doubt she longed and pined for her little boy, but she worried as well. She was worried that Amadi may never come back. Who would blame her,Oma thought,shrugging.

He longed for his little brother. The boy that normally followed him everywhere he went,disturbing him like he was his father. Well, he was his father,Oma mused,taking into cognizance the fact that Father had died not long before Amadi was born. He had to fill in the gap.

"What are you thinking about?" Mother asked,looking at him from the door with motherly concern.

"I just hope my brother's safe wherever he is.How come we never knew he was born with magic?" Oma said,lifting the large chewing stick to his mouth.

Mother came to him and patted him on the back.

"Relax,everything will be fine, I had a dream last night about him. There will be a deadly storm,but the calm after it will take away the destruction the storm brought." She comforted Oma,smiling.

Oma turned to say something,but out of the corner of his eye,he saw something sail with speed from the sky toward him.

"Fireball!" He yelled,dragging his confused mother to the ground with him.

He was right. The monstrous fireball arched in parabolic motion and fell square on their home. Nothing was left untouched. Their once modest cottage became a pile of ruins and rubbish.

Without second thoughts,Oma dragged up his mother and they ran as fast as they could to the Village Square. On getting there they saw people on trees pointing into the distance nd shaking their heads. He wondered if anybody was at The Pit.

"Wait here Mother,let me know what the problem is." He said,motioning Mother to move a little distance away.

He climbed with his might to the top of the tree and looked into his distance.

It was real,but he couldn't believe his eyes. The War Banners,Horses,Canons and the veiled men on horses brought him back to reality.

The Tuareg Army was finally marching against Idumuje.

Oma sighed. He wished none of this would happen.

1 Like

Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 3:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
New updates by midnight. Thank You!

1 Like

Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 12:04am On Jan 30, 2015

"You again!" I exclaimed with indignant horror,trying in vain to run away from her.

"Look at you,a pitiable,pathetic boy still." She mocked,chuckling.

"Don't call me that!" I warned,red with anger.

"Biagodu!" She beckoned,drawing me into a large hole that I saw a bit late.

We fell through the hole for a long while,and I thought for a second I was going to be trapped forever,in this bottomless pit with this provocative damsel.

Just when I lost hope,I saw my self in a familiar place.

"This is the Guard Tower!We're home!" I exclaimed,referring to the Tower from which guards in Idumuje see travellers coming to the town in the distance. I looked out,then I froze.

"By God! That is the Tuareg Army,isn't it?" I asked.

"Yes,it certainly is." She asked,directing my attention to something she wanted me to see.

I turned,and beheld the sight I dreaded the most.

A group of men were marching away from the town,taking with them two prisoners heavily bound with iron chains. On looking closely,I found out the two prisoners were Mother and Oma.

"Hey!" I shouted,trying to get down from the Guard Tower.

She was still laughing at me.

"You can't move an inch,do not bother yourself." She said,looking away.

"Do something!" I yelled,pointing to the receding entourage in the distance.

"Do something? Do something? You're the one who's not doing anything!" She yelled back,and for the first time since I knew who she was,she lost her temper.

"Look at you! Do you think time is on your side? The Tuaregs camp on the outskirts of your town,ready to slay at will,and you still think you have time? Think again!"

So saying,she took my hands,opened my palm and placed hers on mine.

The kind of intense,excruciating pain I felt at that moment was one I would rather forget.

I yelled like a depraved mongrel,begging her to stop and calling for my mother.

She stopped,and I looked at my palms. There was an engraving on it.

It was a compass.

"Go to Nri,ask of Efuru's compound. When you get there,this compass would tell you what to do. I must go now." She said,turning to leave."

"But,Omambala..." I asked,stopping when I realised she was gone.

Then I found myself rising up out of the hole toward a bright light.

"Pow!" A slap fell on my cheeks.

"Wake up slob,its morning already!" Aninye screamed,standing over me hands akimbo,as if daring me to retaliate.

I sighed with relief. It was a dream. I rose to fold my raffia mat when my right palm hurt.

I looked at it in horror.

The compass was still there.

1 Like

Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 8:13am On Feb 04, 2015
New Updates by 12 midnight... Sorry for the long delay! Bless!
Re: The Skywalker Series by emarkson(m): 10:26pm On Feb 04, 2015
Athanatos:
New Updates by 12 midnight... Sorry for the long delay! Bless!
will be waiting
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 12:02am On Feb 05, 2015
Update 15% Loading.......
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 12:58am On Feb 05, 2015
Addendum 10

Razak sighed,while Ekwensu whistled merrily aloud. Their horses trudged on,obviously tired.

"Do you think we should continue?" Razak asked,looking set to draw rein at anytime.

"Only for a little longer." Ekwensu soothingly replied,pointing his fingers to a distant cluster of cottages which grew bigger as they drew close.

"Is this...Not it can't be!" Razak exclaimed in apparent disbelief.

"Yes it is. Nri looms large before us!" Ekwensu announced.

That instant,they rode toward the town with renewed vigour that came with the hope of finding the Celestial Orb there. The horses,as if told of their riders' resolve,galloped as fast as any fresh horse.

On getting into town,their joy suddenly vanished. Who would they ask? How would they find Efuru's abode?

"I suggest we look around the town,we might find some clues,something of note,or maybe the house itself."

They got down from their horses to buy food from the market square when they heard two women discussing under a tree near them.

"Hm,my dear,it is really sad. Efuru was a mother to everyone around her." One said,shaking her head.

"It is indeed surprising that the stone the guards saw on her porch can't be lifted. It must possess great power." The other said,obviously enjoying the chit-chat.

"Too sad. The King gave her a house at the very centre of the town in appreciation of her good deeds. I wonder who takes the house." The first one chirped,her face creasing with worry.

The duo stopped in their tracks. They had never been this lucky. They froze. For a while the world stood still.

"Mount your horse! We ride,now!" Ekwensu snarled,turning to Razak,who made a beeline for his horse. There was no time to waste. The Orb awaited him. What else could go wrong?
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 1:04am On Feb 05, 2015
More updates tomorrow. Thank you,and Goodnight!
Re: The Skywalker Series by Mutaino7(m): 8:41am On Feb 05, 2015
We dhey background.
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 12:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
Mutaino7:
We dhey background.
Tuale Sir!
Re: The Skywalker Series by fhunkhy(f): 12:21pm On Feb 05, 2015
Fhinkhy is waiting o.
Good plot there Athanatos
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 1:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
fhunkhy:
Fhinkhy is waiting o.
Good plot there Athanatos
Thank you ma. God bless!
Re: The Skywalker Series by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
I just don't understand this guy...whether people comment or not,he updates...u re the best,keep it up
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 12:14am On Feb 06, 2015

"The compass says the road leads this way." I assured,looking around just in time to see Aninye pout.

"We've been following this stupid engraving on your palms... Its useless!" She hissed.

I sighed. I had been trying for the past four market days to convince everyone,especially Aninye,that this was our compass,our way to the Orb. Oboli was the only one who believed me. The others waved me away.

Egwu munched away at his corn cob,while Aninye took the reins of the horse. He mischieviously smiled at me.

"Don't worry,his compass on his palms might lead us to somewhere... A tavern maybe?" He suggested,rubbing his tummy to imply he was still hungry.

Suddenly I felt sharp pain on my palms,as the engraved compass throbbed against it. I winced.

"What is it? Your madness?" Egwu teased,oblivious of the pain I was in.

The pain grew in intensity,as my whimpering and wincing grew into a loud "Argggghhhhhh!!!!" as I fell from my horse. The laughter and the banter stopped abruptly.

"Are you all right?" Egwu asked,running to me nd helping me to my feet.

"Its nothi-Arrrrrrgggggghhhhh!!!!" I yelled out of pure pain and horror,as I went to ground again.

The pain became unbearable. I screamed,clenching my fist and rolling on the floor.

Finally it stopped. I staggered to my feet,feeling weak and dizzy.

I looked at my palms again.

The compass was pointing in one direction-forward.

I climbed the little hill in front of me,and I looked into the distance.

I laughed maniacally. So maniacally that anybody would think I was mad.

"We're here! We're finally here!" I screamed with delight.

Sprawling before me in the distance,was Nri,the Town Of Creation.
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 12:32am On Feb 06, 2015
haydot95:
I just don't understand this guy...whether people comment or not,he updates...u re the best,keep it up
Thank you brother.
Re: The Skywalker Series by emarkson(m): 8:17pm On Feb 06, 2015
thumbs up dude
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 5:59pm On Feb 10, 2015
emarkson:
thumbs up dude
Thanks mehn!
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 7:34pm On Feb 10, 2015
NEW UPDATES COMING FROM FRIDAY.... THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Re: The Skywalker Series by Emanuel1997: 10:33pm On Feb 15, 2015
oga shey na here u wan leave ur since friday wey u promise
Re: The Skywalker Series by Ice4jez(m): 12:44am On Feb 16, 2015
U betta come update
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 11:28pm On Feb 17, 2015
Addendum 11

Nothing tastes sweeter in combat than having your enemy holed up in a corner,trembling with fear and assailed with trepidation.

This feeling filled up Baqqar,as he guided his camel past hordes of soldiers who bowed as he passed.

Today he would annex this tiny town and formally bring it under the rule of the All-Conquering Tuareg Empire.

Better still,he would have a vantage point with which to hunt down the Scimitar and snuff him out. He smiled to himself.

Everything was going according to plan. One fireball had been released into the town to let them know that they were not alone. Not anymore.

All the Army needed to march was his order.

He surveyed the town gates like a man would look at a harlot he brought home for the night.

"Attack!" He yelled.

Horses galloped with full speed toward the gates. The War had begun.

*This short episode is dedicated to Dekatron. May your greatness overshadow your limitations bruh!
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 11:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
Emanuel1997:
oga shey na here u wan leave ur since friday wey u promise
I'm sorry mehn.

Been down for a while now.
Re: The Skywalker Series by Dekatron(m): 3:46am On Feb 18, 2015
Athanatos:
I'm sorry mehn.

sorry boss. . . . Thanks for the update. The thing dey sweet my belle sotey my head don big. . . . . . Thanks
Re: The Skywalker Series by Emanuel1997: 11:53am On Feb 18, 2015
Athanatos:
I'm sorry mehn.

thank you for the update. so how are you now
Re: The Skywalker Series by Psalmwellcology: 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2015
Wow... This is a wonderful piece. Thumbs up bro! Im ur new numba 1 fan.
Re: The Skywalker Series by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 19, 2015
still hanging in a corner
Re: The Skywalker Series by Dekatron(m): 9:23pm On Mar 07, 2015
Baba,we dey wait nah.....pls update ooooooo. . . . . :-/
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
New Updates from April 20th. Sorry for the wait!

2 Likes

Re: The Skywalker Series by fhunn: 1:40pm On Apr 11, 2015
Athanatos:
New Updates from April 20th. Sorry for the wait!

take time ooo don't be the razak in this thread hian!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Pregnant Wife Episode 1 / Best Books You've Read This Year? / Do Animals Think??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.