Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet (30367 Views)

Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Daughter's White Wedding Today (Photos) / Traditional Wedding Of Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Child (Photos) / Bishop Mike Okonkwo’s Daughter To Wed (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Akunwa: 11:43pm On Dec 16, 2008
Just an information, I think most of U contributing on this subject matter lack information on this issue, from the information from his office and church, the man never buy any jet. U guys shuold be careful before U attract the anger of God. Leave men of God for their God to judge them, that is what the book of Romans said.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by goldengoal(m): 2:04pm On Dec 17, 2008
I think that most of you guys are just plain being foolish. What is your problem with a man of God, called and anointed by God, a man that has been mightily and greatly used by God to preach the gospel all over the world and save hundreds of thousand of souls bying a private jet to facilitate the work of ministry.

If Jesus's ministry were to have been in this age, I am VERY sure Jesus would have had over 12 private jets.

It is so unfortunate that many of you guys do not understand God's prosperity plan for HIS people in this end time.

He says through prosperity shall my cities(and i dare say children) be spread abroad.

So if a man of God is doing the work that God sent him and he is doing it dutifully, why shouldn't God bless him with a private jet.

You haven't seen anything yet. Some of us are coming, we are on the way! In our own time,we shall be talking about tens of private jets, not just one.

So if you don't know what to say just shut up and stop judging a man of God .
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by umuobom: 2:08pm On Dec 17, 2008
you people are just talking, you dont even know the facts. I think you guys are just idle that is why you are concerned about God's servants and what they do. For your information the man only expressed his desire to own a jet and @ shiny star because of his joblessness had to post it so it will look as if he has information about people. Dont judge God's servants so you dont incur the wrath of God.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Dios(f): 6:35am On Dec 18, 2008
goldengoal:

I think that most of you guys are just plain being foolish. What is your problem with a man of God, called and anointed by God, a man that has been mightily and greatly used by God to preach the gospel all over the world and save hundreds of thousand of souls bying a private jet to facilitate the work of ministry.

If Jesus's ministry were to have been in this age, I am VERY sure Jesus would have had over 12 private jets.
It is so unfortunate that many of you guys do not understand God's prosperity plan for HIS people in this end time.

He says through prosperity shall my cities(and i dare say children) be spread abroad.

So if a man of God is doing the work that God sent him and he is doing it dutifully, why shouldn't God bless him with a private jet.

[b]You haven't seen anything yet. Some of us are coming, we are on the way! In our own time,we shall be talking about tens of private jets, not just one.[/b]So if you don't know what to say just shut up and stop judging a man of God .

Lmfao grin grin grin grin
The brainwashing is  definitely thorough. Does the "man of god" even have a real job or is he going to use your 10% and "sowing in the word" money to acquire the jet grin
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 12:45pm On Dec 18, 2008
Biblical reference to buying private jet to win souls:

Matthew 23:15:
15 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you cross land and sea to make one convert, and then you turn that person into twice the child of hell you yourselves are!
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by kolaoloye(m): 2:01pm On Dec 18, 2008
KunleOshob:

Biblical reference to buying private jet to win souls:

Matthew 23:15:
15 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you cross land and sea to make one convert, and then you turn that person into twice the child of hell you yourselves are!

Have you not read it in your bible "Go ye into the world and preach the gospel to every creature, "
If any person believes that the easiest way for him to do it is through jet or rocket, should that be our headache
Besides not all of them are pharisees, we still have true leaders indeed.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2008
kola oloye:

Have you not read it in your bible "Go ye into the world and preach the gospel to every creature, "
If any person believes that the easiest way for him to do it is through jet or rocket, should that be our headache
Besides not all of them are pharisees, we still have true leaders indeed.
Common kola we all know that these clowns are not going round the world to spread the gospel they are at best promoting there churches and themselves.They go to existing churches to preach and not to non believers. Why is it that most of them prefer to go to Europe, America and south Africa were christianity is already well established and there are thousands of local preachers to spread the word. Why don't they go to cotonou next door to us were people there are still predominantly pagan. Or the several Islamic countires were they have not heard the gospel. There are enough souls to be won in the villages around us so all this talk of needing a private jet to spread the "gospel" is at best bullshit. Pardon my expression
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 18, 2008
KunleOshob:

Common kola we all know that these clowns are not going round the world to spread the gospel they are at best promoting there churches and themselves.They go to existing churches to preach and not to non believers. Why is it that most of them prefer to go to Europe, America and south Africa were christianity is already well established and there are thousands of local preachers to spread the word. Why don't they go to cotonou next door to us were people there are still predominantly pagan. Or the several Islamic countires were they have not heard the gospel. There are enough souls to be won in the villages around us so all this talk of needing a private jet to spread the "gospel" is at best bullshit. Pardon my expression

grin grin grin they need the gospel in the villages around Lagos and we need a jet to go preach in China?
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by kolaoloye(m): 9:35am On Dec 19, 2008
@davidylan,
Is it now the responsibility of a bishop to go inisde villages to preach or to delegate people to do so?
I believe that in his church there must be an evangelism group who should be in charge of this kind of a local mission.

@kunleOshob,
I'm not disputing the fact that some of them are using it to their own advantage but at the same time the real missioners
are still imparting peoples lives or do you think all of them are birds of the same feather
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 10:08am On Dec 19, 2008
kola oloye:

@davidylan,
Is it now the responsibility of a bishop to go inisde villages to preach or to delegate people to do so?
I believe that in his church there must be an evangelism group who should be in charge of this kind of a local mission.

Are you saying becos he is a self ordained bishop he is too big to win souls for christ in a village??

kola oloye:

@kunleOshob,
I'm not disputing the fact that some of them are using it to their own advantage but at the same time the real missioners
are still imparting peoples lives or do you think all of them are birds of the same feather

And even if he really as to go and preach all over the world does he have to do it buy private Jet?? What is wong with commercial airlines?
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by kolaoloye(m): 10:30am On Dec 19, 2008
KunleOshob:

Are you saying because he is a self ordained bishop he is too big to win souls for christ in a village??

Kunle,Haba! You know i didn't say so.
The fact is this: there is time for everything under the sun, i strongly blf that there was a time he was going from house to house,
village to village for the sake of the gospel. Now he has people to go and do that on his behalf while he proceeds to other continents.
It is not written anywhere in the bible that a bishop must always go to the villages by himself. I hope you got my point wink

KunleOshob:

And even if he really as to go and preach all over the world does he have to do it buy private Jet?? What is wong with commercial airlines?
Prevention is better than cure grin Have you not read it in the bible:"be sober ,be vigilant,,,"
Some of the commercial airlines are not reliable.Thank you.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 10:47am On Dec 19, 2008
kola oloye:

Prevention is better than cure grin Have you not read it in the bible:"be sober ,be vigilant,,,"
Some of the commercial airlines are not reliable.Thank you.
Not reliable in what sense?? Is he better than the millions of people that travel via commercial airlines daily?? Even his church members that he plans to fleece to buy the private jet travel via commercial flights some of them can't even afford to travel by air.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by kolaoloye(m): 11:18am On Dec 19, 2008
@KunleOshob,
You are saying the truth but get me right if he can afford it or if he receives it as a gift he can use it for the work of the gospel as we call it.
At least it is more expedient for people to drive a good car than to trek to villages for evangelism likewise the jet issue. Don't you think so
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by MrCrackles(m): 11:21am On Dec 19, 2008
I wont be surprised if Bishop Mike Okonkwo is among the scumtwats who will be getting frog-marched into the most ferociously burning part of hell fire, on the day of judgement!

Fingers crossed
! grin
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 11:36am On Dec 19, 2008
kola oloye:

@KunleOshob,
You are saying the truth but get me right if he can afford it or if he receives it as a gift he can use it for the work of the gospel as we call it.
At least it is more expedient for people to drive a good car than to trek to villages for evangelism likewise the jet issue. Don't you think so
If he can afford it, or better stated if his church can afford it (since he makes his money from the church) then he should use the money to do God's work as stated in James 1: 27 i am sure he would win more souls for christ if the huge amount to be spent on buying and maintaining a private jet is used to take care of the afflicted.

James 1:27:
27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the[b] world corrupt you.
[/b] i am quite certain that a preacher who is more interested in acquiring a private Jet whilst God's children are suffering as allowed the world to corrupt him and he is not truly worshipping or serving God.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Tonyet1(m): 11:49am On Dec 19, 2008
@kunleoshod,

bless you my beloved brother in the faith, let me ask you something. . . . . . . "before you start pointing at the sperck at your brothers eyes, have you removed the big log on your eyes?" its just a question my brother

how many times have you cattered for the less privileage , ?

how many times have you . . yes you in particular paid someones bus fare on your way from work,?

how many times have you cooked food and seat down to eat with the beggars inyour street?

how many times have you taken it to heart to pay school fees for that little baby that goes around hawking from morning to nite?

how many times have you choosen to help wash the cloths of the crippled and disabled around you?

how many times have you tried visiting a widow to help her with some words of advice for her faith

how many times have you ever taken it upon you to raise some money from you salary and go for at least 2 weeks of rural evangelism,?

i can start given you instances and more, but please reason over this and leave mike okonkwo alone, am not his member, nor his admirer ,

if you havent done atleast 50% of this, then lets refrain from judging another and go back to clean our own house

a saying for everyone: "but pls lets first of all let the bible play its tape in our lives before we start singing to the tune of a critic"
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 11:59am On Dec 19, 2008
@tonye-t
I would not go in to details but i would confirm to you that as a christian i strive to do God's work as stated in James 1:27 even though i would admit not doing enough. What makes the case of Okonkwo and other so- called men of God worse is that the money they are lavishing around iwth (Church's money) is meant to take care of the needy as practised by the apostles in Acts 4 :32-35 which says: 32 All the believers were united in heart and mind. And they felt that what they owned was not their own, so they shared everything they had. 33 The apostles testified powerfully to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and God’s great blessing was upon them all. 34 There were no needy people among them, because those who owned land or houses would sell them 35 and bring the money to the apostles to give to those in need.
You can see from the above scripture that church offerings an donations was origianlly meant for the needy, it was a way of sharing love amongst the beleivers but today our church leaers have hijacked these offerings and more for them selves
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Lagosboy: 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2008
Pastor life dey beta im people they suffer. Which kind world we dey o!!

ijo run reverend sanra grin
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2008
Lagosboy:

Pastor life dey beta I'm people they suffer. Which kind world we dey o!!

ijo run reverend sanra grin

what a disgraceful hypocrite. If you said the very same thing about his imaam he'd be ranting like a lunatic.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Pepeye(f): 7:38am On Dec 20, 2008
link=topic=196936.msg3244589#msg3244589 date=1229683740:

bless you my beloved brother in the faith, let me ask you something. . . . . . . "before you start pointing at the sperck at your brothers eyes, have you removed the big log on your eyes?" its just a question my brother

how many times have you cattered for the less privileage , ?

how many times have you . . yes you in particular paid someones bus fare on your way from work,?

how many times have you cooked food and seat down to eat with the beggars inyour street?

how many times have you taken it to heart to pay school fees for that little baby that goes around hawking from morning to night?

how many times have you choosen to help wash the cloths of the crippled and disabled around you?

how many times have you tried visiting a widow to help her with some words of advice for her faith

how many times have you ever taken it upon you to raise some money from you salary and go for at least 2 weeks of rural evangelism,?

i can start given you instances and more, but please reason over this and leave mike okonkwo alone, am not his member, nor his admirer ,

if you havent done atleast 50% of this, then lets refrain from judging another and go back to clean our own house

a saying for everyone: "but please lets first of all let the bible play its tape in our lives before we start singing to the tune of a critic"

that was word!! kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by princekevo(m): 9:07am On Dec 20, 2008
OMG!!! IF Jesus christ had being in our time and in Nigeria i wonder the type and how many private jet he would be flying on preaching the gospel.
Since people who supposed to be his amabassadors here on earth are moving on private jet while the church members walk on foot and some couldnot afford 3 square meal.
Wht are we talking about? if churches could afford to buy private jet and the cost of maintanance. Then i think it is time government should consider its position of them paying tax to the government.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by karlie4nia(m): 3:00pm On Dec 20, 2008
There was sometime an argument on Niaga Pastors that r aquiring P.j, and some one remarked What the hell is he acquiring a P.j for? are there souls for him to minister to in the air?

Well, i didnt join such arugument of playerhaters, but now my contribution here is that its a thing of joy that something nice has happened to someone- be him/her a man of God or a Man of Men or Devils. I dont even know the Man but am glad to hear that.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by pope11: 4:12pm On Dec 20, 2008
When Pastors buy good cars, private jet and the likes network news carries it. Nobody talks when a Banker or their mates in Oil and Gas buys anything good. They are equally doing a very good job like all this other people making it big in thier own chosen field. Why can't a Man of God be the Richest man in the World? He work for God and I'm sure nobody can pay like HIM. Pastors ENJOY!
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by JJYOU: 4:22pm On Dec 20, 2008
seriously- is it confirmed that this guy actually bought a plane?
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by princekevo(m): 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2008
pope 1:

When Pastors buy good cars, private jet and the likes network news carries it. Nobody talks when a Banker or their mates in Oil and Gas buys anything good. They are equally doing a very good job like all this other people making it big in their own chosen field. Why can't a Man of God be the Richest man in the World? He work for God and I'm sure nobody can pay like HIM. Pastors ENJOY!

Pator enjoy!!! while the members are suffering. How many private jet Jesus Christ bought when he was on earth or u mean he couldnt afford the best transportation in his time?
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by pope11: 5:01pm On Dec 20, 2008
Have you never read that Jesus rode on a Donkey no man has ever rode? That to me didn't sound like a "Toks". They didn't have Hummer jeep that time. I'm sure he'll have use it. The Guards had to cast lot on His designer cloth. For your infor, He ate the Lord supper in a Pent house. Didn't run away because of tax. He could pay for himself and the Disciple with him. He was sleeping on a pillow while others were struggle with the wind. Even the dead body was buried in a new tomb in a flower garden. Do you by chance know the cost of the perfume Mary spared on him?

Every good pastor has a good example in Jesus Christ my friend just mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Monicaa: 8:18pm On Dec 20, 2008
Na wa oo, have nothing against him but c'mon now a private jet?? it's not like one is trying to portray the life of a celebrity but that money could be used more useful, look around with less privileged people, Newayz,
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by princekevo(m): 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2008
pope 1:

Have you never read that Jesus rode on a Donkey no man has ever rode? That to me didn't sound like a "Toks". They didn't have Hummer jeep that time. I'm sure he'll have use it. The Guards had to cast lot on His designer cloth. For your infor, He ate the Lord supper in a Pent house. Didn't run away because of tax. He could pay for himself and the Disciple with him. He was sleeping on a pillow while others were struggle with the wind. Even the dead body was buried in a new tomb in a flower garden. Do you by chance know the cost of the perfume Mary spared on him?

Please spare me all those todays pastors exagerations to justify the extravagant way of living while the the church members suffer.Pastor who only quote the part of the bible that suit their way of life. Tell me on earth how pastor would be flying on private Jet with the high cost of maintenance while there thousands in his congregation who cant afford 3 square. Tml we will open our mouth to abuse the governors who go on hummer jeeps. We didnt say pastors should not live a normal life. But buying a private jet is an extravgancy which i can prove to as a sin.
When they ask them to pay tax they will tell u the money is meant for God and not them.It is time Nigerian churches should start providing their monthly accounts for governament taxes coz there is no different between them and PLC
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by DejiYesufu(m): 11:10am On Dec 22, 2008
Over the years I have been a critic of Pentecostal cash excessess until recently when I got to know better. The truth is that only God can judge the actions of men. From one point of view an envagelical preacher might find it easier to own a private jet to do God's work than use the commercial planes; it is just like owning your own car instead of joining Molue.
However if Okonkwo got his jet to join the list of "who is who" that own a Jet in ministry, he would certainly be judged by God. I have listened to Okonkwo speak before and honestly I see him as a no nonsense preacher, who certainly would not obtain a jet for ostentatious purposes alone.
Again only God can judge this men for whatever they do. However my criticism remains on doctrinal issues (what they teach) which is not what we are discussing here, Compliment of the season to everyone!

By the way I don't get replies on my email anymore for my posting on nairaland. Can anybody tell me how to restore this.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by spikedcylinder: 11:27am On Dec 22, 2008
What are you guys talking about? He intends to use it to spread the word to the ends of the earth! tongue
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by bami1(m): 12:29pm On Dec 22, 2008
God know those who are is. All we can do is measure up ourselves and those that lead us against JESUS himself. Is it the same Jesus who had no home of his own that would have been able to afford a private jet - he didnt even pay for the ass he rode into Jerusalem.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Dios(f): 12:47pm On Dec 22, 2008
Someone quoted the bible saying "go ye into the and preach the gospel to every creature"

Are animals included or not? grin

pope 1:

This guy is a donkey!!!! Nuff said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share / Joseph Ayo Babalola's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / The Word For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.