Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Capital One Cup - Liverpool Vs Swansea On Today At 9:00pm - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Capital One Cup - Liverpool Vs Swansea On Today At 9:00pm (618 Views)

Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 / Chelsea Vs Swansea (2 - 2) On 8th August 2015 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Capital One Cup - Liverpool Vs Swansea On Today At 9:00pm by luvola(m): 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2014
Liverpool look to get back to winning ways
when they take on Swansea City at Anfield in
the Capital One Cup fourth round on Tuesday
night.
The Reds season has failed to take off, with
their Premier League, Champions League and
Capital One Cup performances leaving much to
be desired.
Brendan Rodgers’ side needed a record-
breaking penalty shootout success against Sky
Bet Championship side Middlesbrough in the
third round after twice being pegged back.
The 14-13 victory was only settled when
Boro's Albert Adomah missed with the 30th
spot-kick, which equalled the British record
for the highest-scoring post-match contest,
set over three years ago when Dagenham and
Redbridge edged past Leyton Orient in a
Football League Trophy tie.
The weekend draw with Hull only added to the
growing frustrations on the Anfield terraces,
and victory over fellow Premier League side
Swansea is needed to ease pressure of
Rodgers’ shoulders.
The Swans have impressed this season with
Garry Monk earning plenty of plaudits since
being appointed permanent boss.
The south Wales side are now in a lofty sixth
position after a convincing win over Leicester
at the weekend, and Monk will be hoping his
side can better their Capital One Cup third
round performance, when the Swans laboured
past Championship side Rotherham.
Team news
Rodgers is expected to make several changes
for the visit of Swansea with Lazar Markovic,
Suso and Kolo Toure likely to get a run out.
Liverpool have no new injury concerns after
the weekend draw with Hull, with Daniel
Sturridge and John Flanagan long term
absentees.
Mamadou Sakho is out for a further week with
a calf injury.
Monk is expected to name a strong Swansea
side as he prepares to renew acquaintances
with his former manager Rodgers.
Gerhard Tremmel has started Swansea's two
previous League Cup ties this season and is
likely to replace Lukasz Fabianski in goal, but
Monk seems set to keep changes to a
minimum as the Welsh club look to repeat
their Anfield win at the same stage of the
competition two years ago.
But Gylfi Sigurdsson, who limped off during
the second half of the 2-0 Premier League
home victory over Leicester on Saturday, and
Wayne Routledge could be handed breathers
after their heavy workloads so far this term.
Re: Capital One Cup - Liverpool Vs Swansea On Today At 9:00pm by luvola(m): 5:27pm On Oct 27, 2014
Re: Capital One Cup - Liverpool Vs Swansea On Today At 9:00pm by seydam21(m): 5:56pm On Oct 27, 2014
Wilfried boooooonyyyyyyyy!!!
I see looserpool out of capital one cupgringringringrin
Re: Capital One Cup - Liverpool Vs Swansea On Today At 9:00pm by luvola(m): 9:08am On Oct 28, 2014
seydam21:
Wilfried boooooonyyyyyyyy!!!
I see looserpool out of capital one cupgringringringrin
It better we crash out od this cup in order to concentrate on league. Top 4 is our priority.
Re: Capital One Cup - Liverpool Vs Swansea On Today At 9:00pm by seydam21(m): 9:56am On Oct 28, 2014
luvola:
It better we crash out od this cup in order to concentrate on league. Top 4 is our priority.
One of you sha kuku go leave that top 4 for me next year....abi i lie ni I think looserpool or shitty, una no dey amaze me at all. You club dey perished d spirit of English
Re: Capital One Cup - Liverpool Vs Swansea On Today At 9:00pm by luvola(m): 10:50am On Oct 28, 2014
seydam21:
One of you sha kuku go leave that top 4 for me next year....abi i lie ni I think looserpool or shitty, una no dey amaze me at all. You club dey perished d spirit of English
don't blame us. Daniel sturridge injury blow and the departure of luiz Suarez is hitting us hard. Rodgers isn't Sharp in the transfer market at all.
Re: Capital One Cup - Liverpool Vs Swansea On Today At 9:00pm by mcfarlin(m): 5:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
Hey loserpool fans get your assses prepared for tonight cause you are about to be butt_fucked by the swans

#YNWA: you never win anything[I]
Re: Capital One Cup - Liverpool Vs Swansea On Today At 9:00pm by mcfarlin(m): 5:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
Hey loserpool fans get your assses prepared for tonight cause you are about to be butt_fucked by the swans

#YNWA:[i] you never win anything[i]

(1) (Reply)

Griezmann: I Deserve Best Player In Europe Award / Check Out The English Premier League Table As At Sunday!!(photos) / The Big Deal For The Big Phill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.